Childhood is idolizing tetris, adulthood is realizing columns is better

Childhood is idolizing tetris, adulthood is realizing columns is better.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/465/
puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=898
puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2644
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8RsdWzVO8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=zHueYPMKF5k
youtube.com/watch?v=Bbf-Z2IgnVY
youtube.com/watch?v=EwhTPF278bw
youtube.com/watch?v=9DYQZjx73Gg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PUYO PUYO TETRIS IS BETTER

begone shill

Puyo Puyo/Puzzle Fighter > Magical Drop > Tetris/Columns

Magic Jewelry master race

How was capcom allowed to completely ripoff puyo puyo?

I don't know about that but I do like the music from Columns better.

Absolutely true!

I like Bejeweled

Puyo Puyo is probably the closest thing to puzzle game perfection, but I have to say I'm still a major fan of pokemon puzzle league.

why

Because I like it. Is that a problem?
>But Columns is superior!
And not everyone had a Genesis.

Panel de Pon > *

>And not everyone had a Genesis.
Yeah that's true, some people had really fucked up parents who bought them inferior consoles. Thanks for reminding me.

I want to get into the Puyo Puyo series, how do I go about it?
I've been having a ton of fun with PPT, and I want to get better at Puyo
I've already downloaded a few games like Fever, but a lot of the games aren't in english or even have a fan translation

>The NES was an inferior console
>Implying those 64-in-one consoles weren't a godsend

lemme guess, single mom?

Tsu has a translation patch and is a pretty good place to start, given that Tsu rule is used as the "baseline" for all future Puyo games.
Sun has a translation patch and, along with Tsu, is the best example of what made Compile's writing for Puyo good.
Fever has an official translation, but it's also a PS2-era budget translation, so expect some weird shit.
Fever 2 has a mostly-finished translation patch for the PS2 version, and despite the wonky-ness of the translation it still acts as a good example of what made SEGApuyo great.
15th has a translation patch for the DS version, but the menus aren't hard to navigate if you want to play the Wii version. There's also full uploads of the DS version's translated story, so you can just watch those.
7 is bad, only play it if you want to see why SEGA needs to quit hiring the people who worked on it.
20th is basically just 15th with slightly worse writing and art but significantly more content. No translation patch, but menus are easy to navigate and FlareHabenero on youtube has been steadily translating the cutscenes character-by-character.
PPT was the game after that.
Chronicles is bad and has no translation, don't bother.

No, a pair of frugal parents and for good reason. My best friend was in the single parent household and got a shitload of toys and games.

Thanks for the detailed response, this will help a lot
Is there a place that has the eng patches?
When I was looking recently I found ones for the DS versions of 7 and 15th, but not Fever 2, Tsu and Sun.

romhacking.net/translations/465/
puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=898
puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2644

w-what is with this picture

Awesome, thanks again!
I can't wait to get better at Puyo Puyo

Better than Magical Drop

It's Pokemon Puzzle League being emulated by a retard, relax user.

Bad N64 emulation.
Tetris attack is the superior Puzzle League/Panel De Pon game, anyways.

It's borderline impossible to claim the legal rights to gameplay mechanics.

Puzzle Fighter and Puyo Puyo play nothing alike, the fuck are you on about?

And being 70 y.o is realizing Sonic Eraser was the best of the bunch

When did you first realize Puzzle Pirates was the peak of pirate themed browser based mmo puzzle games?

I hope EVO gets Puyo Puyo next year. Puzzle fighting game tournaments are always fucking hype.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8RsdWzVO8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=zHueYPMKF5k
youtube.com/watch?v=Bbf-Z2IgnVY

I fucking love this game
>tfw no one to play with usually

Never thought I'd see a Columns thread. My first game, favorite puzzle game still and clotho is my lullaby.

OH FUCK, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT PLAYED THIS!
youtube.com/watch?v=EwhTPF278bw

you guys gotta accept that Tsu is the pinnacle of the series and will never be topped

I didnt know sorcery saga was related to puyo puyo (actually madou monogatari but whatever).

Who BlockOut on DOS here?

Don't make me miss that wonderful game

I fucking loved it at the time. Looking back on it, wasnt it EVE dumbed down for kids and with minigames?

>bought a Genesis set at local Thrift store, had some games with it as well
>Played Sonic 2 out of what felt like obligation and then popped Columns in to see what that's about
>mfw looking at the clock and realizing I just spent two hours playing Columns
There is something therapeutic about playing this game. Can't put my finger on it, though

Oh man, is that an undertale puzzle game?

A small world, eh?
youtube.com/watch?v=9DYQZjx73Gg

I want this to be real so bad.

Not the best, but the best with a friend.

>not this

>Another IP gets eaten by Mario
No thanks.

>implying
I just meant it as a digital rerelease where you could swap between Tetris Attack and Translated PDP.
Also fuck you, Tetris Attack was the better version and Panel De Pon hasn't been an IP past the first game, since it got converted into puzzle league.

>not being a TGM tryhard

>iit:mom games

Love this game. Got good at playing it at home and drew a crowd of kids while playing it in the arcade.

Nah, gimme Panel de Pon on its own instead of Mario-izing another unique IP. Futile arguing about it since it's already been fucked by Mario AND Pokemon.

I bought it despite denuvo fags crying their little bitch tears.

I dunno, I thought the series fit Yoshi well, at least it did classic Yoshi.
You wouldn't have to Mario-ize it to still have semi-Mario characters

the PC release has devuno?
not that I actually care or that it'd stop me from rebuying it, but it seems like an odd choice to protect a game that's already been out in eng for a year on other platforms

I fall under this. God damn fuck I only reached 600 once and topped out at 601

segafags need to be gassed

How do I get gud at these
My brain is too slow to process all the colors

Is that where Sans Undertale comes from??

Keep at it user!
Remember that you can practice 20G by using the cheatcode (down x8 then CBA) or by playing Death in TGM2

Swap mode is the fucking shit.

I don't hate 7 at all.

>PC fags used to call Yakuza, Persona, Project Diva, and PPT shit when they didn't get them
>they finally get a four year old 3DS port
>they suddenly sing a different song and dance
>bonus duck: they suddenly don't care that Yakuza is getting its songs of seasons cherry popped by the PS4's BBC

Without fail.

>Inferior AI
>No 3D
>Yoshi Story assets lazily slapped on
BUT DUDE YOSHI HA HA BEST GAME EVER HA HA

>Inferior AI
Maybe.
>No 3D
No fucking reason for 3D in Panel De Pon.
>Yoshi's Story Assets lazily slapped on
Are you retarded? All of the Tetris Attack assets were made specifically to replace PDP assets. It's all original Kotabe art, none of it is reused from other games.

This game makes me think of incest

I can't keep up with Death's speed after 100, I suck bad. Also it's been a long time since I did an actual 20G run

seething

I like the way way chaining is proactive in that mode but hot damn if you misdrop a tetromino once you are up up shit creek.

Oh no, I'm so jealous that PC got only one game I played last year, and none of the others.

a little OBSESSED?

You don't understand how lucky you guys are for only getting Puyo Puyo Tetris, despite constantly begging for Yakuza and Persona. And you have no idea how lucky you are you won't be getting any other Sega games like VC4 or Yakuza 6 that the PS4 is getting. You truly have it made.

fixed

why did you ruin my columns thread

because it wasn't a Panel De Pon thread

fuk you i just wanted to talk about my game

Then don't start it by talking about tetris and obviously baiting a debate about puzzle game superiority next time, jackass.

Tetris should have never gotten the hold option

You can fuck right off. Just because your first puzzle title was Puyo Tetris doesn't mean you can act superior.

this doesn't even make any sense, did you read the threads you are replying to?