Arms

Thanks you to everyone who recommended it. It's great.

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/961192838305230851/video/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

See you this weekend.

I'm 155 hours in and haven't gotten bored yet. Sitting comfortably at Rank 16 though and afraid to progress any further.

this game actually makes my arms sore

Play with a pro controller, seriously, it's so much better.

>using the motion controls

I assumed this game was shit. Is it actually fun?
I've been playing splatoon 2 ლ,ᔑ•ﺪ͟͠•ᔐ.ლ

It's a like a 60/40 split in favor of traditional controls on the competitive circuit. There are benefits to getting good with either control scheme.

Do you like fightan?

Super fun, honestly.

It's fun if you use traditional controls

I usually end up dropping Splatoon 2 after a few games to play ARMS. That said, I tend to prefer games where a loss is entirely your fault, so fighting is my genre more than team-based shooting.

Yeah, its really fun and can even get tense when you fight someone in your level, ive gotten pretty heated rivalries even in Party Mode.

And Minmin is best waifu btw

No problem
Let me add to my friends list

I just found moving around and curving your punches to be too complicated with the motion controls, and too easy to screw up.

This is actually the opposite of the truth. I tend to do well with whichever control option I use, but the only time I really have fun is with motion. It's like the difference between playing Virtual-On with its arcade setup versus a dualshock.

As much as I love ARMS, I suck ass at fightan games and am STILL stuck at rank 7. Splatoon 2 is more my speed.

agreeb

Eh, it takes a little getting used to if you're not one to play games with motion controls. I cranked the sensitivity of punches up and slightly lowered the sensitivity of movement and punch curving and I've been climbing my way to Rank 20.

This boxart really pops. It's been the one boxart in the last few years that catches my eye every time I see it.

You serious? It'd legit be my first friend, no one I know has a switch

I gotta admit, I've barely touched the game since DBFZ's launch. Hearing the game wouldn't be getting any more content updates was really disappointing. I'll still definitely be putting some time in with friends on occasion though, it's still probably my favorite switch game.

dont have one

Rank 15/16 here. Whenever I go against some of these fuckers at Rank 19 or so, I feel like I can't do shit. They use the fucking Funchuck and that shield Arm and I keep getting cornered and grabbed and countered where it feels like I have no time to react. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I also can't deal with these fucking campy Mummies. What Arms am I supposed to be using? What characters are good? I've been maining Springman and Misango

Can't wait to btfo those fucking tincan-fags

I imagine the joy-cons in the grip is also better. I haven't tried yet but my brother says its fine.

I only play with motion controls when fighting with my brainlet friend, or else he thinks im cheating by using a controller

lol yeah right. Springtron's going to win whether you like it or not.

Does anyone have the Win/Lose illustratons they send to you when you pick a side? All I've fucking seen are the loser ones because I lost every Party Crash so far.

I like both, but ARMS is more popular with my friend group
They're both really good games with nice aesthetics

I picked Misango last Party Crash and he looks pretty beaten up. As for Springman and Ninjara they look fine for me

There's probably gonna be an influx of try-hards that are gonna pick Springtron and suck balls with him. I believe in my snek

As long as you are ready for Snake hunting season, punk

Just take it slow and be patient. I play Ribbon Girl and just use the default Sparkies, but it's all about fundamentals to climb your way up past Rank 15, not just ARMS. Learn to lead your punches to where you think the opponent will be. Bait them into punching so you can either guard dash through or dash sideways and counter. Stay grounded unless you have a good reason to jump, like out of a grab or when the opponent has both arms out and you can go for a super. Don't grab unless you're certain it will connect. Learn to grab on the opponent's wake-up if they block a lot. Learn to punch on wake-up if they throw a lot. Delay punches to bait them into punching first.

Opponents using Funchuck? Knock 'em out of the air when they're flying toward you and throw your other fist out to punish. The Clapback? It's useless if it misses you and you're far away, and they need to send it out a second time to resume normal movement. Take advantage of that by curving your punch around it, or jumping and tossing your fists over it to hit them.

You're feeling like you can't do shit. You gotta make the opponent feel that instead with your pressure.

Godspeed, user.

>worst girl getting clanked by worst boy
like pottery

Min Min has a bandage in her left cheek and Master Mummy has a bandage in his head, his left eye is semi-closed and he is fucking pissed.

>wake-up
I get the basics and the ground/airplay. What does this term mean?

When the opponent gets up after a knock-down.

>not buying pokken instead

ARMS seems cool though, half serious half shitposting aside. thinking of picking it up when the price drops

>that autograph
He's such a chill dude. Too bad he looks like a fucking pissy-retard on the other pics

>Springman won last time by a wide margin in the first party crash
>Springtron will win this party crash
>The deflect for Springman/tron and Brass yet STILL won't get nerfed
Why Yabuki

There was a sale recently. 30% off if i remember correctly. YA BLEW IT
I'd play Pokken too if it was cheaper.
I might buy if I find a physical copy for cheap

Pokken just isn't as dynamic. It just feels like a long session of rock paper scissor games.

Smug BITCH
That Party Crash was so clutch. I'm surprised Mummy managed to get to 49%

That's all I have.

Was there really? I bought it full price the other day

Here's Ribbon Girl's

I hope ARMS will get a sequel eventually. It deserves one. More characters, more stages, more in-depth story mode, more game modes overall.

That's how delusional Switch owners are. This game is clearly shit, but these guys have nothing else to play.

Wrong pic

Could you fags fuck off already? You have your own dedicated console war threads already, let the grown ups enjoy their games.

It was an eShop sale about a week or two ago.

Pretty sure there will be. Maybe it'll be Nintendo's Street Fighter

I definitely want more story on Hedlock for instance

i dont think youre supposed to put icyhot on your face

>let the grown ups

Jesus. You do this to yourselves, guys.

Also I'm sorry you got a Switch, but mos def it'll eventually get some games. Just hang in there.

You sound envious, sorry I can't come over and share the fun (:

> Twintelle hair.
> not a frizzy mess

I'm honestly amazed this game has so many fans. It's literally Mario Party tier but at full price.

She's not wearing her mask, so thats why her hair looks normal

I think

I'm rusty , but I'm going to give theis party crash a go. I only got to rank 9 when I was playing fequently.

Sadly Hedlock was relegated to Dr.Coyle's puppet so I doubt there will be more lore on him. Unless they give him a body and make him a playable character in ARMS 2

>yfw level 8 Hedlok this weekend

oo boy
Rev up those Crackers

Yeah, the issue for me is that I used to do boxing so I curve my punches by default. It'd be nice if they offered a couple of different "movement options" for each mechanic (like fully crossing arms to guard or having the punch curve assume you're going to turn 90 degrees anyways)

Is anyone else just fucking awful at this game? I've played through the arcade mode maybe 1.5 times and I've already got the 500+ matches pin. How do I stop fucking losing to level 4 CPUS?

Why does that bother you? You don't even have the game or own a switch as far as I'm aware. Let people enjoy their games you pathetic loner.

Motion control is when you're playing with friends locally on a big screen. I hate getting sweaty when I play games, so I do gamepad when I played on my computer screen

It's got great lines of attention.
I hope ARMS either gets a sequel or a big story update to bring new players in this summer

It won't be getting new characters, but it's still getting updates
5.0 launched the other day

I get so much more into the game because it has a physical element. It give me a release for all of the adrenaline

He's a danger noodle? Fuck I might have to re download this game now

5.1*
FTFY. I really like the new Gallery update. They better draw a fuck ton of art to make credits more useful

Twintelle's neck muscles must be strong
And yeah, gallery is cool but all that art is online already

Thank you for supporting team snek brother

>Crackers
Not Megawatt?

It's ironic since Kid Cobra was the tryhards choice untill Springtron became playable.

I'd love a big SF5 sized story update more than a sequel. I wouldn't want to divide the playerbase yet.

play through all the tutorials, they actually teach you a lot on the technique side

Not the little comments! Also its just cool to see it on the big screen

I already did, it was the first thing I did.

>can grab you and follow up with his super immediately after throwing you

Dealing damage is what matters againts Hedlock. Paralyzing him and grabbing him doesn't pack quite the punch

mobile.twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/961192838305230851/video/1

>That Ninjara that keeps grabbing Hedlok over and over thinking he's helping

I thought it was Ninjara. I still stumble into Ninjara-shitters that spam grab online

I tried really hard, fighting for Minmin. And dominated every lobby I was in. Minmin was always in the lead. But it seems it wasn't enough.

I wonder if the ratio was any different in Europe compared to America. Oh and Japan of course.
I am kind of curious to how it might differ.

>tfw i missed the minmin party crash and will never get my main's sparkly badge
feels bad man

Kid Cobra was pretty op early on so he got really popular. Ninjara's always been poplar because he can be very tricky to deal with, especially if you aren't great at countering grabs like me

I feel like they're gonna loop the Party Crashes. Maybe with different combinations this time around too. That'd be too bad if it was a one-time thing

sorry, guy. you using motion controls?

They said without a mask there arms become an uncontrollable mess.
I assume twin would be ultra afro

>liminal pitpussy
rare time in my life

Just punch through grabs hahahaha nigga just get out of the way hahahah

You don't even need to be good at countering grabs to beat Ninjara, though. Just memorize his disappearance time and dash when he's going to reappear. He'll always miss, and open up space for a counter

The CPUs can't deal with the Dragon Arms. It reads your inputs. Start a punch in one direction and bring it opposite, it hits most of the time.

SWITCHU ON!

The only time you should ever grab the Hedlock is when he grabs another player.