So word is a Tales game is in development for the Switch, and it's supposed to be released in Q1 of this year

So word is a Tales game is in development for the Switch, and it's supposed to be released in Q1 of this year.

What could it be? I'm hoping for a Berseria port. I wanna play it bad but I just don't want a PS4.

You can play it on PC

>Denuvo

There's a high probability that the Switch may get it's own exclusive Tales game.

Probably a Berseria port, it's the most likely considering they haven't said anything about it whereas if it was a brand new title they would have started a huge fuss a year+ ago.

You can buy it you damn kid, I got it for 10 bucks last sale, how come you have no problem buying a $60 cart for your shitty Nintendo?

Would rather have Innocence R since it never got localized.

Innocence R was complete fucking dogshit with even worse writing and production values than Hearts R.

I'm not saying it's better off untranslated but it'd be better to get a remake of literally any other game in the series or a new one instead of it.

Hearts R unironically had better than the majority of the series.

>Q1 for this year
>no announcement
Kek fuck no, even berseria was announced like a whole year before it came out, unless it some shitty remake there is no way they'll under advertise a mainline Tales like that

Tales of Verseria for Switch, can you imagine the salt this would generate?

>Switch

It'll be the mobile game they killed recently.

>new tales games

Doubt it. They usually tease them months in advance starting by trademarking tons of nonsensical words for the next potential title.

Better what? Combat? I might agree if so.

Writing? Fuck no, the standards are low for Tales but Hearts "the entire party swaps their morality around and breaks a promise they made five minutes ago to enable the finale" R is in a league of it's fucking own.

This is exactly why I think it's been delayed and is only a port or remake.

Innocence R is not very good, lots of recycled assets from Radiant Mythology 3 and a mediocre battle design which probably served as an experimental template for what they did with Hearts R, which is in turn a very good Tales of game outside of the forced romance between Shing and Kohaku.
Besides, you should already know that Sony consoles always get the definitive version of the games they publish on Nintendo consoles, so Innocence R ain't moving from the Vita together with Hearts R.

Pretty sure that if the Switch does indeed get its own Tales title you'll get the definitive version on PS4 a year or so later, it's been like this since forever, Nintendo platforms are literally for beta testing when it comes to Tales of games.
Unless of course, they make Tempest R.
>"the entire party swaps their morality around and breaks a promise they made five minutes ago to enable the finale"
?

>"Oh we will save you Richea! We shall not let you be taken from us! Nobody will have to sacrifice themself!"
>"And Kuzite, you too are our friend who we shall protect! "
And then right after beating the final boss:
>"Well sucks to say goodbye but ciao m8s, cheers for sacrificing yourself by the way Kuzite you're a real top lad for it."

I just found how their big speech and promises got dropped without really addressing any of it properly at the end to be emblematic of everything wrong with the game's writing. It's so fucking shit.

Wait fuck me it was Kunzite wasn't it.

First off, nobody but Kunzite and Hisui knew that Lithea's calcification was on the terminal stage, which you would know if you followed the skits, Lithea asks both Hisui and Kunzite to keep it a secret.
>I just found how their big speech and promises got dropped without really addressing any of it
See point one.
Secondly, Shing in particular also wanted to save Creed and and Fluora, but both were already on the terminal stage too, well, Creed mostly because he was so stupid to willingly become Gardenia's core, so it's not really the first time they don't get to do what they wanted.
Lastly, Kunzite repeatedly says that he would have sacrificed himself to save Lithea, and near the end of the game you already see how he was already dead set on doing that, like it happens at the top of Rapunzel before fighting Incarose ILL.

Promises that the party couldn't keep abound in the game, same thing happened with Silver or the Kohakuzakura in Noquin, so no, that's not the part of the writing you should complain about, the game goes at great lengths to show how they're not omnipotent and things don't always go as they would.

What you should complain about was how forced Kohaku and Shing's romance is, that is actually the part that makes zero sense and is forced down your throat every damn time Shing and Kohaku interact.

And yeah, Kunzite is a top laddie for sure.

Post yfw exclusive to Switch with combat similar to Vesperia

I downloaded the cracked version the day it came out and deleted it two hours into the game. If you like Tales go ahead, it doesn't have any malware.

>exclusive to Switch
>Tales

>Tales of Innocence
>Tales of the Tempest
>Tales of hearts
>Tales of Graces
>Tales of Symphonia
By exclusive I meant being only on Switch for around 2 years before getting ported to another console