Best driving physics ever

plebs will vehemently disagree, however

Out of all the series, yup.

is the steam port ok?

Bump for interest. From what I can tell it needs to be downgraded in order to use mods, and you need some sort of gay microsoft account to play it.

The cars in Mad Max drove better

5 is better and anyone who disagrees has a shit opinion

You must be fun at parties.

you can tell who has their drivers license in these type of threads

Yeah you do need to downgrade but modded IV is better than V could ever hope to be

What does downgrading involve? Do you have to download any pirated shit?

It's not just the driving physics either, the ragdoll has also yet to be topped by any other game imo

You just have to find a .rar file that contains all the 1.07 files and overwrite the current 1.08 files. Really easy to find and do, literally drag and drop.

Maybe if there was a way to get them from Rockstar's support page or something I would. But I don't like opening sketchy rar files from unknown sources on my hard drive.

V does it more realistically, IV's driving sure is fun though

>V's driving
>Realistic

>>>

not an argument

Not him but it’s true. I used to think IV’s driving was realistic until I grew up and actually drove a car.

News flash: Cars in real life don’t slip and slide all over the road

GTA IV had the best vehicle playset out of any game in history. From raw physics/driving, to the environments and online modes it was class. So good, 90 million idiots pay for microtransactions on its garbage sequel that's 80% mountain bullshit

Oh yeah its fun trying to drive a boat over ice

I would actually say it's hyper-realistic.
I mean that's GTA to a tee: excessive and exaggerated.

The reason GTA cars do that is because the stick/input is basically mapped to the full rotation of a steering wheel. So next time you drive, turn the wheel full lock and see what happens.
It is absolutely exaggerated, though.

>Cars in real life don’t slip and slide all over the road

You're not driving full speed down city roads in real life like you do in GTA though you fucking idiot. Cars definitely slide or spin out when you're cornering at 70-80 mph.
V's driving is arcade bullshit like Saints Row and Sleeping Dogs and I think it's hilarious that people actually think it's even somewhat realistic

yeah, i messed up, post was supposed to be , and not

...thats still not an argument.

I hope the next game is somewhere between 4 and 5, and that they put a lot more emphasis on car modding. And bring back the "rpg" elements from SA, and more shit to do with interiors.

If we can talk about something that isn't GTA, then NFSU2 serves as a nice bed for street racing. Outruns can be fun, exciting and challenging. It's got one of the most fleshed out tuning options in any arcade racer I have played, you can really fine tune how your ride controls. Might be some hate for the relatively boring cars and city but I found it enjoyable for good drifting.

yeah yeah whatever stef

>barely tap a direction
>car skids wildly in that direction
>carefully hit the brakes
>character smashes through the windshield and flies 100 meters through the air
Best, my ass.

GTAVC is still the only good GTA game, mostly because its vehicle controls were fucking solid and fun without necessarily being "realistic", which is fucking stupid in a game that isn't a fucking sim.

Even the helicopter controls were fine if you weren't a baby and took two fucking minutes to get used to them. BAWWW THE BUILDING BOMBING MISSION BAWW. Easy as fuck.

Meanwhile, enjoy driving anywhere with any accuracy in IV and trying to get CJ to follow the fucking goddamn train in SA. Fuck any GTA that isn't VC.

stay mad you got btfo kek 4fags are the fucking worst.

shut up faget

>has issues with following the train
lmao, your Sup Forums card has been pulled, son.

see

see

best driving in winter on flat tires physics ever*

i know people wont like this since everyone has nostalgia with either III, VC or SA but when i recently replayed the whole series the best ones were IV, V and 2. All games are still pretty damn good though.

cringe

>Even the helicopter controls were fine if you weren't a baby and took two fucking minutes to get used to them

Why doesn't this logic apply to driving in GTA IV then? If you took the time to git gud at it you might actually enjoy it

Replaying this and I realized pretty much every mission is
>drive to place
>shoot corridor full of bad guys
>chase fleeing guy and wait for scripted car crash leading to shootout
>drive away from cops (optional)

San Andreas was the best driving out of all of them on the PS2

>Steven Colbert
>"comedy"
>"entertainment"
Liberals would suck a million fucking cocks if they thought it would show those "Conservitards" what's what.

>I had to do the mission more than once to complete it!

Should have leveled driving more and bike skills

Because you can never get used to actual shit controls. VC heli controls were just a little awkward but easy to figure out if you weren't an impatient shit. IV's controls are just garbage and I don't care if you had an eternity, they'd never be good because of fundamental movement issues.

Was that not fucking obvious? Jesus.

NO it is one of the worst ports ever

you're a fucking dumbass

You don't weave in between traffic at 80mph in real life in your shitty fucking sedan, and I guarantee if you tried it'd end up a lot more like GTAIV than V

You couldn't figure out the driving controls? Or you couldn't get good at controlling the car? Which one is it because the driving controls are extremely fucking basic, pretty much the same as any game that has drivable vehicles. Right trigger is gas, left trigger is break, right bumber is handbrake. What is so hard about that?

brake*

>IV's driving is shit why can't I take hairpin corners at 50mph like I can in V so unrealistic

>t. never played more than a few hours of IV
IV's driving in all vehicles worked perfectly if you play the game for an extended period of time. Especially helicopters.

>IV's controls are just garbage
It took me a few hours, but once I got they hang of it I thought they were pretty great.

>You don't weave in between traffic at 80mph in real life in your shitty fucking sedan

Nigger, everyone does that on a highway when they need to get around somebody or into a certain lane.

cringe

Yes. Agree.
because it started out shit like it's predecessors but you could level up which actually made the cars tolerable to drive.

Bullshit. Tried playing that shit for hours. Control is just too sensitive and irritating to make doing anything possible. I would rather cross the city on fucking foot rather than try to deal with the horribly broken driving controls.

This
The driving in IV is very heavy but it feels so satisfying once you accept it.
Also, driving into a crowd of peoples feels great because of this.
I'm not a psycho

GTA V fucked up a lot of basics mechanics and implemented alot of stupid and shitty ones

Imagine being this bad at video games

But you're not throwing your wheel to full lock, either.
GTA condenses the entire 900º of rotation for a steering wheel into a space of 1.5cm or so. Turning radius doesn't scale with speed (like it should), but they do that for a reason. Lots of reasons, actually.

Overtaking on a highway is not the same and you aren't controlling the front wheels with a controller that basically gives you immediate full lock when you press left or right

holy fucking hell you are just an absolute utter retard aren't you

No, dipshit, people don't drive in real life like they do in GTA

I bet you just floor it the entire time, not bothering to control your speed and braking for turns.

>Control is just too sensitive and irritating to make doing anything possible
I hate to say it but git gud. They're certainly not sensitive. Cars feeling massive lumbering hunks of metal on bouncy suspension. Nothing is sensitive when you have to be so deliberate to make your car do anything.

holy fuck git gud you child

IV has a nice feeling of weight to it which might make it more difficult in certain situations but it's definitely more realistic.

They really are so much fun. It feels so INVOLVED despite being actually simple so its addictive. Feels so deliciously weighty. I sucked when I started but soon I felt like a boss driving fast and it feels so good to control it.

give me the green light
give me just one night

Because cars in real life don’t control like they do in GTA, kid.

>tfw you finally get a comet

holy shit that car is so delicious

I think the argument of "realism" in GTA game is moot.
It's to which ever driving physics you prefer