Westwood Blade Runner

Started playing this the other day at the suggestion of a friend. Just got to act 2 and I'm having a blast. There's none of that funky ass "combine this random thing with this random thing" puzzles, just detective work.
Apparently it sold 1 million copies, but I dont really ever see anyone talk about it.

Have you played it Sup Forums? What other god tier adventure games fly under the radar?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Blade_Runner
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ENHANCE

The only two memories I have of this game are the enhancing games, because when I was little and played the game I hadn't seen the movie; and trying to steal from the gun store without being killed.

Those are fun but can be kind of frustrating. You really have to be super accurate with what you want ENHANCED.
And the fact that the camera goes all 3D and zooms in on things that it couldnt possibly have an angle on is kinda dumb.

Also, 10/10 voice acting for rasta guy.

HERE YA GO BABY DINNER TIME

I played it on release. Hard at times but satisfying and beautiful, i remember the latter bits of the game involving combat being difficult as well.

The combat IS pretty weak. Just click on the person until they fall over.

I can't get it to run

fucking hell

great game. glad you found it.

Any other games ever try their method of seeding a random ending at the beginning?

I found a torrent of all 4 cdroms, NOT the dvd version. It had instructions on how to run it on Win8, but it still works fine on Win10.

I keep hoping it shows up on GoG so I can pirate it, or Steam so I can buy it.

OP here, here's the torrent that worked for me.

tinyurlDOTcomSLASHy9dfcavt

The devs lost the source code when they moved offices apparently. So that doesnt seem like its going to happen unfortunately.

I thought GoG didn't care about source code and just stole fan patches and included them with their own installer and called it good?

ENHANCE

One can only hope. I'd buy it if I could. Its a pretty fun adventure game.

HE SAID YOU BRADE RUNNA

Pretty good looking for 97

Are there any other adventure games that dont rely on moon logic?

Yes, walking simulators like Tacoma.

Most modern adventure games aren't too bad in the moon logic department though. Cayne if you want a free one. Stasis for sci-fi horror adventure. Primordia for my favorite adventure game fuck old Lucasarts. Actually you can't go too wrong with anything published by Wadjeteye.

Also even though it sounds like I'm disparaging Tacoma there it's actually pretty goddamn good, there's just no puzzling to it. The only thing you use your brain for is piecing together the story and wondering how so many people on such a small space station are gay.

I've heard good things but have kept my distance because of Gone Home. Gonna check it out now though thanks!

I found a copy at a thrift store a few years ago. I should probably give it a go.

Does this even work in Windows 10 ?

I actually still have my retail copy.

how much would you get for hocking it?

I think you may need a new HDFRAMES.DAT file.

Honestly idk. I pirated my copy.

>on GoG so I can pirate it, or Steam so I can buy it.
you've got those two reversed you subhuman shitbrain.

Not a special amount I assume.

Is that a joke ?

If I remember right replicants were random each time you play the game. Also in the target range Deckard's score wasn't all that great. Oh and you could run away with a teenage girl in one of the endings.

fun game

Most Lucasarts games didn't, or at least weren't too bad. My personal favorites are the DOS version of Loom and the original Sam and Max Hit the Road

I think one of the endings can also be you were a replicant all along

Why does no one ever bother to look on pcgamingwiki?

> pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Blade_Runner

That's right. You also get to visit the a lot of the same locales from the movie such as the store that made eyes for replicants and can visit the same shitty apartment complex where the doll maker lives.

This is one of the few adventure games I felt the need to replay because it somehow managed to add more to the movies on top of being a solid game

Try the Tex Murphy games if you want some cyberpunk FMV adventures.

You can always use a virtual machine.

Read an article about the licensing nightmares of this game. You will never see this game being sold. The Blade Runner movie itself is a clusterfuck and Westwood is kill.

Oh I played it myself in 1999 or 2000. Loaned it from a public library back when those still existed. I had a pretty good gaming PC for that time specially for a kid.

Golden age of PC gaming. Baldurs Gate, Diablo, Deus Ex, Grim Fandango, Homeworld, Tiberian sun.

Why did I just spend $800 on a GTX 1080 only to get the urge to replay Deus Ex again?

Because every time it's mentioned someone will reinstall it.

Patrician taste, OP. Severely underrated game.

There are only two guaranteed replicants in the game, who is and isn't a replicant is randomized when you start a new file, and you can manipulate the voight-kampff test results to frame people you don't like as replicants so you can murder the shit out of them. There are always multiple ways to do things and it actually has a tangible affect on the story (no really, this is not a meme like every other fucking game that claims to have this feature) and it's amazing how vastly different one playthrough can be from the next.

I can't shake the feeling that since maybe 2007, I've been spending more and more money on better and better PCs to play the same dozen games until the end of time.