Tfw no more good Star Wars vidya

>tfw no more good Star Wars vidya

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFi1Do1mt9g
youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
talkfilmsociety.com/articles/star-wars-the-force-awakens-the-last-jedi-and-nostalgias-trickery
youtube.com/watch?v=_7UKW-dgZMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no more good star wars

I fucking hate disney

face it. your time is over CIS white male shitlords

>hating becauase its popular

>no more endless ocean

What is the best Star Wars game?

Battlefront 2 (2005)

Imperial Commando never.

Eh, disney will redeem themselves. They have to now. I have hope that the 3rd will be ok. Also they announced 2 more trilogies outside of the universe we know now. Get used to it nerds

Star Wars has been shit since Return of the Jedi.
Now it's just bland commercialized shit instead of weird commercialized shit.

D&D getting their own film series sealed the fate of this franchise for me.

How long before they reboot harry potter? The first one was like 19 years ago

17 years. And soon ill bet.

when jkrowling wants a new treehouse mansion

I can't wait for them to shit up the lupin & black meeting scene

>sorcerers stone was 17 years ago

The first book was 21 years ago

>mfw contrarian prequelbabbies are so analdevastated that Disney is making star wars movies they pretend the new movies are bad

I didn't like Rogue One much but TFA was a fun sequel and TLJ is kino

Why would prequel babies be mad when the sequels destroys the characters and endeavors of the original cast? I know this is bait but I know people that do think this.

>someone will respond

>a bloo bloo bloo why didn't everyone live happy ever after why didn't they all have a million kids named after the people who died and why didn't Luke become a gary stu jedi master like my precious EU I read when I was 10

fuck off

is there a dark forces source port?
who gets the money for the game? I want to play it

Jedi Knight series.

Punished Luke isn't a bad idea retard, it's how they went about it (Yes, I will forgive my father who literally did multiple galactic wide genocides of various species but I won't forgive my Nephew who might have the dark side in him)

Name one good star wards game from the last decade
Thought so

>It's real.
I still read fanfics.

>ignoring the multiple times Luke tried to kill vader
>ignoring that it was a brief temptation to kill Ben that he ultimately didn't follow through with

From the last decade? Force Unleashed. The first one was good, fuck you

Yeah. That's why we're sulking.
The PS2 and PSP ports of The Force Unleashed were pretty good imo

>tfw bad writing is the only way to get more content
it can be pretty alright sometimes, though.

>but I won't forgive my Nephew who might have the dark side in him
Bruh he wasn't mad at Ben. He was pissed at himself for failing him, his sister and best friend, the Jedi as a whole, and himself by giving in for a moment, causing the very thing he was trying to prevent.

Are you me? Because if you are then we have some great fucking taste.

>actually liked a lot of the newest star wars
fuck the rebel sideshow shit though.

The new Star Wars is good.

H E R K I L Y

J E R K I L Y

If you have shit taste sure

Oh right.
Star Wars was never good.

I'm a little bitch that hides in spoilers get it because

fucka u

>ignoring the multiple times Luke tried to kill vader
Ever since the truth was revealed, Luke endeavoured to save his father instead of killing him. You see, Luke was a cool guy like that. He did everything he could to save his family and friends. That's why he went to Cloud City, despite being assured that would mean his death. That's why he tried to save Vader, despite Yoda making it clear that he would have to kill him. That's why, after a brief fit of rage from the threat of Leia being turned to the dark side, he threw away his weapon, refusing to kill Vader, and telling Palpatine to fuck off. This is despite both Vader and Palpa tried the ENTIRE fight to turn Luke.
This is the moment Luke completed his training and became a Jedi.
>ignoring that it was a brief temptation to kill Ben that he ultimately didn't follow through with
Now, with the information above, we should rightfully expect that Luke wouldn't pull out his lightsaber because he saw "a great darkness" in Kylo. We can rightfully assume that the question would NEVER have entered his mind, and that he would have done EVERYTHING to help Kylo.

Now, years later, the entire galaxy is at it again with the Resistance vs the First Order, and Kylo has joined Snoke. You're telling me, that despite the fact that in the OT he ALWAYS tried to help, he would just fuck off to some shithole planet, even though his best friend and his sister are still in the fight. Even though his best friend's son, who had been a personal responsibility to Luke, had fucked off to the dark side. Even though Luke had resisted the combined mental might of both Vader and Palpatine, refusing to break, that he would somehow just fucking give up?

That's not Luke fucking Skywalker. You can like the film if you want, but don't you try to shovel any manure my way. The film was a pure character assassination of Luke, and I completely understand why Hamil was distraught

Fuck off

I like the new movies, but the new EU is trash. Old EU was mostly garbage but occasionally a few diamonds would shine through the shit, nuEU hasn't produced anything worthwhile yet

>TLJ is kino
so upon looking up that word... kino is where you watch it.

>It's okay that Luke briefly flew into a rage because his sister was threatened
>it's not okay that he briefly was overcome with fear when he found out Ben was planning to murder everyone he cared about and to destroy his temple
>Luke resisted temptation once so he'd never ever be tempted ever again because that's how people work

youtube.com/watch?v=HFi1Do1mt9g

With how the Jedi order was supposedly taught in the OT, yes. Look at Obi Wan and Yoda. The end of ROTJ implies he has reached their level of wisdom.

But like I said, I don't mind the idea of Punished Luke, nor do I mind the idea of Kylo Ren turning to the dark side because Luke pushed him away when everyone else including his parents have already done that. What I do mind is the execution. There is also the problem of scale not applying to the Sequel Trilogy but that's another complaint of mine.

>Luke tries to help
>Luke causes the destruction of all that he holds dear
>Luke is responsible for the death of billions
>Luke decides to stop trying to help
Seems pretty reasonable to me.

>Look at Obi Wan and Yoda. The end of ROTJ implies he has reached their level of wisdom.
And do you know what Obi Wan and Yoda did with all of that wisdom?
They fucked off to backwater planets to hide from the galaxy because of how fucked they made it. Luke does the exact same thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEgLvaMDT4E is superior.

wow, so the idealized messiah you put on a pedestal as a child wasn't an accurate reflection of the man himself but you clung to that idea because it gave you comfort and hope, it's almost as if that's what the movie is about or something

Yes, but they didn't become babies and said the jedi order is dead and we should just throw it all away.

Then there is the problem where in TFA, there is a map to Luke but in TLJ, he doesn't want to be found? What's the deal with the map then?

Luke didn't leave the map. It was a map to the First Jedi Temple, Kylo even says that the Empire had incomplete records of how to get there.

And what do we get in return? The only interesting character that has nuance being the villain while the hero almost literally does nothing wrong and every time she does something wrong, it turns into a right after a while.

you're right the movie was just shit is all

Ok, but why did he leave the last part with R2? No one else but him would've interacted with R2 to have the map. He wouldn't need to store that piece since he is already there and wants to die on the island, making the jedi a distant memory.

Rebels wrapping up the clone wars storylines was something I wanted, until how I saw they were executed.

But a vocal minority of its fanbase refuses to move on, trudging along in a feeble attempt to manufacture their perfect individual version of Star Wars for the satisfaction of their wet dreams. The Force Awakens may have been dangerous because it reinforced reminders of the old, but the backlash was strong, even though it utilized structural similarities and plot developments for the sake of mystery-box subversion. Many viewers hated Abrams’ film because it exposed their reverence and mythologization of the original trilogy to an absurd degree and refracted it back in the characters’ personalities. Cries and whimpers of “It’s the same thing as the original Star Wars!!” might as well be re-worded into “I didn’t like it because it gave me exactly what I’ve been worshipping for the last thirty years!!”. While The Force Awakens, in a sense, weakened those who have never moved on from the original trilogy, The Last Jedi leaves them in the blood-red dust. It soars off into the galaxy with a fresh twinkle in its eye and a comical, sly reverence for Star Wars itself and not the version so many people have fabricated in their fantasies. The characters have been freed from their ties to Original Trilogy characters, and while they will always carry them within their hearts. Johnson showcases that no progression can be unearthed without change, and change is the opposite of stagnantly committing to ancient fandom favorites just because that’s how they’re remembered. The truth hurts for the personalities in The Last Jedi and the audience observing it play out across the screen; they have realized their stories are just that. It’s what you take away from them, and where you go from there that matters. This gargantuan space-opera train is finally back to square one freed from the constraints of its sickening fanbase and bursting into hyperspace towards the future. Time to let go

>Yes, but they didn't become babies and said the jedi order is dead and we should just throw it all away.
Obi Wan doesn't, but Yoda does. Yoda refused to train Luke until Obi Wan steps in.

He refuses to train because he said Luke is not ready, not that he wants the Jedi to die out.

Kotor 1 & 2

>It's okay that Luke briefly flew into a rage because his sister was threatened
Yes, because this was the moment he overcame the hurdle and became a fucking Jedi. He had also been prodded by both him and Palpatine the entire fight, as I had mentioned.
>it's not okay that he briefly was overcome with fear when he found out Ben was planning to murder everyone he cared about and to destroy his temple
What the fuck. So you think Luke would try to fucking murder the boy in his sleep? Did you even read my previous fucking point, or were you too busy coming up with some worthless greentext. You think that a wizened old Luke would react in that way? You think he would be so afraid, despite having mentally withstood TWO Sith lords?
>Luke resisted temptation once so he'd never ever be tempted ever again because that's how people work
Not in such a piss weak scenario, no. He saw a great darkness, and was fucking spooked enough to consider murdering his best friend's son? Despite telling my man Sheev, the absolute pinnacle of the dark side, to fuck off. You think he would be fearful enough to even consider turning on his lightsaber, despite him having the balls to throw it away on the Death Star, really giving Palpatine the finger?

Even if he found out that Kylo was trying to murder the entire galaxy, he would STILL have tried to redeemed him. If you're going to do such a 180 on his character, you better do it better than "oh he was spooked, see"

Even with all of the above, you didn't address the biggest sin, which is him giving up and becoming a hermit
You're making excuses for the shit writing. There is good reason why some people are vexed

>Luke tries to help
How was Luke trying to help by killing Kylo when he was still in training? How did Luke know that his actions would cause the death of billions and fucked off preemptively (since he fucked off prior to TFA and the billions only died due to his actions in TFA)?

I still have faith in potentially good games. EA will eventually lose exclusivity. Or at least Disney will make them produce more games. Filoni at the helm of things would be great. Clone Wars was amazing, and he's doing a good job with Rebels even though I'm sure Disney is doing its best to minimize the more complex and emotional elements he likes to create.

For a completely retared reason, as I said
Fucking what?
I just spent the entire post telling you why that shouldn't have been

> Obi Wan did the same.

No he fucking didn't. He went there to protect Luke. In ANH, he's the one to push Luke to adventure while he was going "i can't, muh farming".

"Come to Alderaan with me, i'm too old" with obvious tease in his eyes. "Learn the ways of the Force."

Where do you see the EpVIII Luke in this?

Was meant for

>Despite telling my man Sheev, the absolute pinnacle of the dark side, to fuck off. You think he would be fearful enough to even consider turning on his lightsaber, despite him having the balls to throw it away on the Death Star

This was only after he had tried to kill Vader and had his sword pointed at his throat. Luke has always grappled with the dark side and battled temptation. Luke considered killing Ben, but instantly regretted it. The problem is that the temptation alone was enough to cause disaster, and Luke couldn't forgive himself for what he had done so he fucked off.

If he had just let the Jedi die after RotJ Kylo Ren wouldn't exist, so he feels that his continued involvement would just make things worse. The movie makes a point to show that he's wrong in the end, though, and that Luke Skywalker is worth believing in

>And do you know what Obi Wan and Yoda did with all of that wisdom?
>They fucked off to backwater planets to hide from the galaxy because of how fucked they made it. Luke does the exact same thing.
Only Yoda did that. Obi-wan stayed to watch over Luke.
Even then, Luke is not Yoda or Obi-wan. That's why he went to Cloud City. That's why he redeemed Vader. And that's why he wouldn't piss off

>Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Of course it does, since you're a nihilistic millenial who doesn't believe in anything.

Don't get me started how dramatically impaired Luke's death was. That is the pinnacle of shitty writing in TLJ

>brainlets wanted Luke to do pic related because it would have been SO BADASS xDDDD

lmao

Fuck off Disney.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

>ea will eventually lose exclusivity
not until kathleen kennedy loses her job they won't. she's dead set on destroying the franchise and ea are fantastic at running anything into the ground.

Nah, what I'm talking about is his hologram reveal making it look like his going to survive but whoops, he's dead anyway. They just sucked the tension of his death right out of the movie.

Do you guys remember when imagination was a thing that actually existed? Do you?

>kathleen kennedy
>destroying the franchise

Sup Forums really needs to start purging these alt-right slowflakes.....

Did you guys not pay attention at all?
Jedi can see into the future. Luke saw that should Ben continue his training, he will fall to the Dark Side and commit mass genocide. He preemptively felt the pain of billions who would die, because again, Jedi can see the future.
But the future is always in flux, so Luke knows that no Ben Solo means no genocide means no suffering. One life for billions.

And Luke, who was trained over one year, and has a really shitty track record for temptation (runs off to Cloud City into an obvious trap, endangers the mission by going to Endor, goaded into releasing his anger on Vader, and only doesn't kill him because the Emperor tells him to), gives in for all of one second. But that's all it takes. Ben becomes Kylo Ren, kills everyone important to Luke and then billions more, all because of what Luke did. So Luke, having to bear the brunt of the suffering he cause by giving in to temptation, cuts himself off from the galaxy as his penitence.

There are a lot of issues with The Last Jedi. That isn't one of them.

I don't think any modern company could do it justice, the campaign would either be shit or non-existent.

TFA is released
>it's too similar!!!

TLJ is released
>it's too different!!!!

>Uuuuugh that part was SO BAD!!! They wasted so much time on a stupid comedy scene where the Falcon is in some dumb worm's mouth! It doesn't effect the plot at all, it's unrealistic that there's air and bat-monsters in a stomach and we never even find out the worm's backstory!"
>This guy Lando shows up in the third act who we never even heard of before and Han acts like he's all important - WTF!? They were supposed to tell us about that Jabba guy!"
>Obi-Wan said The Force and Jedi were all about Knights and Arthurian-type stuff, but now the Stupid Puppet has Luke doing all kinds of Asian Buddha meditation shit - goddamn SJWs!!"
>Luke goes into a magic tree and fights Vader but it's like a dream? BULLSHIT! There were no dreams or visions in the first one - Kasdan has no respect for the established aesthetic!"

talkfilmsociety.com/articles/star-wars-the-force-awakens-the-last-jedi-and-nostalgias-trickery

youtube.com/watch?v=_7UKW-dgZMU

>B-B-BUT THE PREQUELS
wow... it's almost as if.. you're playing me for a fool for amusement!

>This was only after he had tried to kill Vader and had his sword pointed at his throat
after spending the entire fucking fight trying to avoid combating him, you fool. You also seem to forget that by TLJ, 30 fucking years have passed. I'd say he would be FAR wiser and more in control than he had been on the Death Star. He was faced with the ultimate temptation, and he refused it, despite it being almost certain death
>Luke has always grappled with the dark side and battled temptation
Sure, true, but that's any Jedi, and Luke overcame this shit on the Death Star, as I said
>The problem is that the temptation alone was enough to cause disaster
It should never have been there in the first place. It's completely incompatible with his character from the OT, as I mentioned in my previous posts
>and Luke couldn't forgive himself for what he had done so he fucked off.
Again, out of character. He would do anything for his friends and family. He most definitely wouldn't fuck off, refusing to rectify a mistake he had made, especially considering it was the son of his sister and best friend. Luke would also not leave the galaxy to die.
>If he had just let the Jedi die after RotJ Kylo Ren wouldn't exist
Sure, that may very well have been his reasoning, which is even more reason for Luke to stay and mend his mistake.
>The movie makes a point to show that he's wrong in the end, though, and that Luke Skywalker is worth believing in
By completely wasting his character. He also changes his mind in the most bullshit fucking way. Yoda shows up for five minutes, and changes the axioms Luke has lived by for that last, what, decade?

This is not OT Luke. That's alright, he could change. The problem is, we weren't shown that fucking change, and now we have people trying to write the story for Rian Johnson

There is nothing to imply he saw the future, all that was said was that he saw darkness in Ben.

>He didn't like it ain't me in space.

I still think the sequel trilogy should've focused almost entirely on Kylo Ren's story. His speech to Rey in TLJ was the only thing that got my attention.

>I'm a manchild with a juvenile view on morality and growth and think that just because someone resists temptation once they'd never ever be tempted by it ever agian

this pic makes me so fucking mad

Considering that Star Wars was based off the 50's sci fi action serials, then yes, it actually makes sense.

Would an excellent post you've made here. Next, you could actually address my points

I know this is bait but the fights on this shit series are actually the worst thing about it, I'm just glad they had Gendy do the old Clone Wars shorts.

>moviebob

>millenials unironically defending TLJ.

Values and morals are really dead. We have killed God.

>strawmaning instead of making some actual points
>Posting Movie Bob to do it for you
You don't know a lot about Movie Bob, do you?

Or it could be just contrarianism. Then again, even Sup Forums hasn't fallen this far... yet.

At the very least, He gave a great performance. His complete disappointment and misery was clear in the acting, which did fit with the version of luke they were trying to make
im still torn on the matter. Punished luke is a great idea, and i think they handled some parts well, but other parts horribly wrong. Hopefully the third movie could tie some loose ends up and explain a bit more

if giving EA the vidya license and letting JJ Abrams do Episode 9 after he fucked up so badly with TFA (and after Rian Johnson salvaged it himself with TLJ) aren't enough to convince you that her primary goal is to ruin everything then you are a retard.

>punished snake is a great idea badly executed
>punished luke is a great idea badly executed
I guess we should stop with this thing.

They cant fix ftl missiles without retconing the movie

Unless you're older than 40 you're a millennial too, genius

and why do you think TLJ is some nihilist picture that values nothing? Because Luke wasn't the gary stu you imagined him to be?

I hate the movie but I don't the nihilist argument either. There is however a lot of thematic problems throughout the film.

On Naboo why didn't Qui Gon Jinn just hop in a starfighter and hyperspace through Maul?