Party member/unit starts off as the weakest piece of garbage in the entire game

>party member/unit starts off as the weakest piece of garbage in the entire game

>winds up being one of the strongest entities in your arsenal by endgame due to insane stat growths or abilities

What games do this?

Onion knights (FF2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics A2

Wrys is godtier.

Mother 1

LISA

Every fire emblem has a character like this you fucking tard

Donnel sucks ass though. Literally any unit in Awakening can be good.

>sucks ass
>can literally solo maps by endgame

You mean you didnt have Hero class Donnell wiping his ass on everything in sight, soloing entire maps and make god tier children?

Peco from Breath of Fire 3

Awakening's main game is not hard. Every character can solo the maps near the end of the game

If you want to minmax for the DLC hard mode maps donnel is trash

>Donnel Trump making Ylisse great again
>bad

what kind of game you played, user?

Boy, what? Classic Hard Mode was still a fucking breeze with Donny. Im sure he can make Lunatic+ his bitch too, but I dont have the time, patience or autism to find out.

That's a fucking lie despite what Dingaling said. The dickwad trolled us. I kept Terry in my party until endgame and his stats always sucked. I was hoping for a cool animation with Hottest Dance, but it was pretty much the same as Hot Dance.

Based Dirty Donnie

>make god tier children
You realize he's one of the worst dads right? He gives terrible stat caps. Nigga anyone can solo Awakening, it's fucking Awakening. Some don't need training to do it from start to finish, even on lunatic.

verbal bash is actually really fucking good through the entire game unless you have absolutely garbage luck

the besaid aurochs

I hate when games do this to random nobody party members with bland personalities. It's like they try desperately to make the character as bland and as boring and generic as humanly possible so you stay away from them in favor of literally anyone else with an ounce of personality but OH LOOK THE QUIET LONER WITH NO PERSONALITY ENDS UP BEING A CUNT DESTROYER EATER OF WORLDS BECAUSE VIDEO GAMES. Goddamn give me a break already from that awful, trash trope.

The most famous one.

Donnel is almost impossible to recruit on Lunatic+
He dies in one hit to everything and even if you box in an archer the xp scaling will prevent you from actually getting the level up you need.
Not that you'd want Donnel on lunatic+ because he can't fly, use rescue staves or be Robin.

Unless you're on a 20-hour road trip without any guides or internet, you're better off finding a Sage Book instead of waiting for this piece of shit to stop getting itself killed.

I'm still mad Dunsparce never got a busted evolution or mega despite basically being half a tier above Magikarp

I hate games where you can just grind your characters into demigods

His growths are fucking nuts but his stat caps are pretty bad.

same
when levelling up is just stat inflations, it's just lame
woah my sword did 2-3 damage at the start of the game, now it does 2039-2254, and health bars were inflated accordingly
what's the point

because those characters are the party members