Why are people so against this?

I mean Illumination isn't the worst company to make this movie. Sure Their Minions movies suck, and they made too many Despicable Me(Which honestly is kind of overrated) movied but I liked The Secret Life of Pets, and Sing wasn't bad. Maybe they will succeed with this? Perhaps there will be a game that comes with it? Also let's appreciate the movie will be animated and not live action.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RTGzcEz4Dgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because nobody asked for this movie

>but I liked The Secret Life of Pets, and Sing wasn't bad
Your right they weren't bad they are just painfully mediocre like everything else they have made.

>Secret Life of Pets
I took my nieces and nephews to see that shit in theaters and it was so dreadfully dull. I usually like kid movies like that but I couldn't fucking take it.

The worst thing they could do to it would be to "minionize" Bowser's henchmen, or something stupid like "Mario comes out of a tv and into the real world".

I'm also concerned about the possibility of Mario and Luigi being fully voiced.

Nintendo is gonna keep them on a tight leash. They're not gonna have a shit ton of pop culture references or Minions.

>I'm also concerned about the possibility of Mario and Luigi being fully voiced.
You don't want more Martinet kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=RTGzcEz4Dgo

They could a 3rd character who could talk for Mario and Luigi. Like on Dream Team.

This seems the most likely. Nintendo knows from the past things get weird when M+L actually talk.

Exactly. Also there is the fact the Nintendo is involved. Mario is their mascot character. They won't let illumination fuck this up.

Isn't Miyamoto co-directing?
I highly doubt he would let Mario talk.

I hate minions as much as the next guy but illumination studios are great animators. If nintendo keeps them on a tight leash as usual, we can end up getting a pretty movie at the very least.

goddamn that artstyle is absolutely delightful to look at

Don't that not the style they will use for the movie. That's a poster for dream team.

There's literally nothing wrong with Mario talking, he's not Link.

You are free to have that opinion but I disagree with you.

It would be weird for many people. I'd have no problem with Peach talking though.

i am aware user, i just wanted to point out that it's indeed a good artstyle

Oh, I fucked up. I misread and thought you said Dreadful. My mistake.

Mario is not a story-intensive game. The directors and writers will be desperately scrambling for material to fill up an hour and a half of screen time.

>having a character that never shuts the fuck up is a good thing now
If the decision is made for the brothers not to talk then just give them very clear body language and expressions. They don't need an interpreter.

I remember tons of people asking for a cgi Mario movie.

Thats why I thought there would be a more positive reaction.

Literally not a single Illumination movie has been good. Not one. The first Despicable Me is the only one that's even tolerable, and it's been retroactively tainted by virtue of being the origin of the Minions.

Every last one of their movies is designed to be as insufferably saccharine as possible.

Like I said Nintendo is making it with them. They won't let illumination fuck up a movie with their mascot character.

Nintendo crossed mario over with the Minions of video games, and it's a game that people praised like hell.
Fuck it, mediocre's the worst it's gonna be.

Your favorite game is getting a sequel made by PopCap.
Do you get it now?

Minions are huge in Japan. A coworker of mine was bragging about spending 5h of her weekend lining up for a coffee in a minions themed Cafe. She's 26 and wonders why she's single.
But it's not uncommon to see girls age 8-50 screaming "OMG kawaii!!!!" When they see anything minions related here.

Illumination has cheap and bad producing habits to produce mediocre shit that is highly polished to look better then it is. It's just normie fuel that produces mediocre comedy.

I also expect nothing from a Mario movie since the base story of the game is just basic with interactions and gameplay to fill the rest. To make a decent Mario movie, You need a silent movie with the barest of voice acting and lots of cinimatography and music shots to simulate a journey.

Absolutely nothing about this looks positive.
Illumination is a trashy, cynical animation studio that only cares about putting out easily marketable products rather than anything with a remote semblance of artistic value.
Meanwhile Mario is intentionally as bland as possible because he has to be able to be inserted into a variety of products, and there's no way Nintendo is going to let anybody, artistic or not, have any real creative freedom with him. It's impossible to imagine Mario as a full-length feature film while still adhering to the "baseline" of the franchise. You would have to be extremely talented and passionate about the subject matter to pull something like that off, and Illumination has anything BUT talent or passion.
I'm going to bet it's going to be a stale children's comedy with either an Illumination OC or a standard Mario enemy like the Goomba being dumbed down to comedic relief for the sake of appealing to the Minion audience.
People praised Mario + Rabbids because its gameplay was surprisingly good DESPITE its premise, and nobody really gives a shit about the plot.
With this movie there's no chance of anybody going "well at least the gameplay is good."