Are you guys aware that emulators cannot emulate electrons moving through reality?

Are you guys aware that emulators cannot emulate electrons moving through reality?

youtube.com/watch?v=fEyF30kenUM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/seotoyreview
byuu.org/articles/fpgas-arent-magic/
youtube.com/user/soytoyreview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what can they emulate?

HAH

Ryan's big greasy fingers

What's this channel called?

>Muh authentic experience
I realized long ago the games themselves don't change when you emulate. I mean, as long as you're using something reasonably accurate. Hardware clones aren't authentic either if you want to be that pedantic.

youtube.com/user/seotoyreview

Fucking electrons, how do they work?

>this is not emulation
>they're actually using code to make it act like the console
What the fuck is the difference?

The most autistic thing I've ever watched.
SNES is fucking 30 years old.
Finish the few decent games on the system and move on with your fucking life.

Yeah, the original console only outputs analog video designed for CRTs. I can see how that's different from emulators. But I can't imagine how a 1080p output from this machine and a 1080p output from SNES9x or Higan is that meaningfully different.

If a man could only play 5 SNES games, what should they be?

I feel like taking a shower after looking at Ryan

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3

Nothing, its still emulation.
byuu.org/articles/fpgas-arent-magic/

smw
chrono trigger
LTTP
FF6
Megaman X

Link to the past
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI
Mega Man X
Super Castlevania IV

remember the SNES ? This is the SNES audience today

my man....

He looks so uncomfortable. Lol

Home Improvement
Shaq Fu
Super 3D Noah's Ark
Hong Kong 97
Earthbound

true fucking patrician

Does anyone else think it's hilarious how fucking old the NES and SNES are at this point how James hasn't really moved past those gens? He barely did the indepence day review for the ps1 because he didn't consider the PlayStation retro, but everyone on v today grew up in the late 90's to mid 2000's and considers even ps2 gen retro.

>drawing the whole face of the character on the side of his head

Two nukes weren't enough.

no one considers the ps2 retro gen

Super Mario World
A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy 3
Secret of Mana

I feel sorry for Mike, having to deal with all these goblins while James has a life.

Don't forget Super FUCKING Metroid

People under the age of 30 do gramps.
6th gen is old as fuck.

Watching him play an Xbox 360 game just felt wrong.

james isnt a gamer. he played nes/snes when he was a kid and stopped. Mike only forces him to keep going because its profitable

sure maybe in your special ed class they do but outside of that no one does

I'm pretty sure he's never played those consoles outside of the videos and reviews he's done for them.

Never actually played it
don't think I want to

>grew up on nes and snes
>have not gone back to play nes and snes games in like 15 years now

nes and snes games are not fun compared to todays games

I don't think you realize just how old the PS2 is.
It came out 18 years ago. The Super Nintendo was considered retro way before that age and so was the N64.
It's retro now, just like the PS3 will be in 5 years or so.

Super Turrican Director's Cut dump fucking when?

Hold my beer

every time

sounds like they haven't touched emulation since the ZSNES era

Shit taste.
>Super Mario World
>MegaMan X
>Super Bomberman
>Contra 3
>Saturday Night Slam Master
Or replace either MegaMan or Contra with Super Mario RPG if you need and RPG
That's what you should be playing.

I'm over 30.
I'd say the ps2 is borderline retro now.
If you look at the graphics, it's painful compared to modern stuff.

PS2 had so many good games though. Get on it if you're into older games.

Ten Inch Mike is a scary motherfucker.

Contra 3 was fucking painful to beat.
I loved it.

It comes out in a few days, only shills have it right now. Probably will be dumped the same day its out. I look forward to playing it on my SD2SNES.

youtube.com/user/soytoyreview
fixed

>He's gonna take you back to the past
He plays elder /vr/ games, sub-human. Come back when you're old enough to understand.
No, autists like you do.
It's old, but it isn't retro.

There are no real functional differences between PS3 games and PS4 besides slightly improved graphics. I mean, that gen just ended like five years ago?

I want Bootsy back

Cycle perfect snes emulators exist. What more do these apes want?

I only put it as replaceable because MM is also a shooter.

i don't think retro is as easily defined as 'older than 1 generation back' or 'been out x years'. That's more the case when you lack time depth of decades - which was the case during the n64 or ps2 generations - but look at film or television and how there's a much hazier sense of what periods to use. Classic Films can technically includes anything older than a decade or two but it often has the sense of things made in the 30s-40s or 30s-60s.

This desu senpai. SNES maybe, big games like super Mario world, link to the past, and castlevania 4 hold up, but the NES is honestly just shit. Super Mario bros, original Zelda, excitebike, etc are only fun for like 30 fucking seconds, they're over 30 fucking years old at this point, they're just archaic by today's standards to keep anyone's interest for long.

MUH AUTHENTIC CLONE CONSOLE

bomberman can be played on one of 20 consoles, wasted slot

imagine pretending to care about shit like SNSM in an attempt to get oldschool kred

Why have the recent James and Mike Mondays been so hard to watch? James is clearly not into playing video games anymore and Mike is desperately trying to keep the conversation moving and focused on games.

Holy shit, its that jew Justin Silverman

Then don't. No skin off my back if you want to miss out on a great game.

>Are you guys aware that emulators cannot emulate electrons moving through reality?

Probably because emulators don't emulate reality. They emulate hardware or software.

someone needs to tell him to stop washing his face with cheese burgers

Not the same game at all. Same as the shitty Zelda game and any generic RPG.
>Hating on El Stingray
Kill yourself, mutant.

desu if there was a legal avenue that didn't involve buying a clone system I would happily fork over some cash for it
fuck Nintendo for not letting them release the Director's Cut on VC just because it wasn't commercially released

I don't know what a gamer is but James is most definitely a games enthusiast, that much is obvious from his fucking collection
It's just that he's a very specific kind of enthusiast
Other than retro shit though he's very clearly a casual, plays some new stuff like BotW because Zelda brand, but wouldn't expect him to have played any other new release in years

Not him, but most of it is Mike's. James is a film enthusiast. Too be fair, games have become shit for a lot of people and when you have college, or a job to focus on, you miss out on much of the generations.

Fat skeleton

thats all mike's collection. james wouldn't even know the difference between BOTW or skyward sword

>It's old, but it isn't retro.
?????

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Yoshi's Island
Megaman X
A Link to the Past

PS3 is old, but it's not retro, mong. If it's pre 2000, it isn't retro, even by a stretch.

Shit taste.

>Remove Ryan
>More James and Mike stuff outside of Monday
>No more of Mike playing his shitty let's plays where he's boring
>One nerd episode a month, giving them plenty of time to not make a shitty video

Bam, channel stops sucking.

>pre-2000
You mean post-2000? Because NES, SNES, Atari, and so on were pre-2000.

Looks like Mike is pulling out a gun on him.
"Be in these new AVGN videos or you're fucking done!"

That's exactly what I meant. N64 and PS1 are retro, but not PS2 and GC or XBox.
It's like he grabs his nuts and it shocks James.

>Chrono Trigger
>Yoshi's Island
>DKC2
>Terranigma
>Super Metroid

look at this fag

i almost thought this was the thread i made last night. nice emulation of me OP. er i mean nice job moving those electrons through reality

why is he in a perpetual state of sweating/melting?

Look at this faggot with shit taste.

INVISIBLE
SANDWICH

hey dont be MEAN

What do these guys do for a living anyway?

Assault Suit Valken
Ninja Warriors Again
Contra 3
Wild Guns
Kirby Superstar (mostly nostalgia)

Wait, are you serious? Is there real evidence that James is in serious trouble?

because the CEO of Funko is holding a gun to his head

I think I'm the only one glad bootsy was unceremoniously dropped like a wet sack of shit

you must be +18 to post here

>watching two potheads talking about things they don't know
why?

This is the stupidest statement I've ever fucking read. Emulation is just computation of numbers using processor/s and circuitry. Just like the original console did except you're attempting to abstract the workings of obsolete hardware using newer hardware. So yes, emulators do "move electrons through reality," just not PRECISELY the same as the original hardware.

what evidence?

>thats all mike's collection
>Not him, but most of it is Mike's

Is this a meme? Genuinely curious.

>mike looks around and realizes this his his next miney moment

This has to be fake.
No, it's true.

You ever wonder if Mike slammed that fat loli?

But in the website it says James owns like 2000 games while Mike owns about 1000. Any evidence to back this claim up, chief?

I see PS2 as being a transitional console. Many games still look presentable by modern standards, but they were still hammering out the details. It doesn't really fit in either side.

fuck I wanna just slap a herbal face mask on him something

Mike gave him a bunch of his games at the beginning, the rest are fan donations.