What jrpg's can I beat without grinding and it still remains fun?

what jrpg's can I beat without grinding and it still remains fun?

Most. Just use those fucking items!

chrono trigger

99% of them.

A lot more than you think. Have you tried final fantasy ix? It requires like literally no grinding unless you want to go farm some money to get the hottest gear for your dudes but even then its like killing some chumps for an hour. It is a pretty narrative driven game so you just kind of go along for the ride of the story but the gameplay remains fun. You have a lot of options with team composition and trying to learn all the weapon skills gives you something to do on top of that.

>using the elixirs

The LEGO movie game

FFXV, but without the fun

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
Paper Mario 64

If you can't have fun with either of those, just kill yourself honestly.

Chrono cross lel

>FFIX
>a lot of options with team composition

No.

Mario & Luigi games, on the fact that you could play the whole game without being hit once if you are good enough, even then, they are not hard.

Well who did you use when you played?
Two white mages? Building quina as a support or offensive? Or maybe you didn't use quina. Did you maybe only use Eiko as your healer? Did you use steiner and vivi combo? Maybe you use amarant and freya. Oh wait no you're right, there are no options at all. I just made all of that up.

The Lunar series. Without grinding, they give a really good challenge.

>tfw people don't use quina and miss out on one of the most useful characters possible because of it

.hack gu and tales games have minimal grind

I used quina for a good while in the first half and was learning a shit ton of moves but honestly towards the end I just rocked garnet vivi steiner because it felt iconic and worked really well.

Just about everyone uses vivi/steiner but it aint because of that bullshit reason you just gave. It's because it's easy mode. Be honest.

How is saying it works really well not admitting it was an obviously good choice? The entire fucking game is easy mode. What world do you live in?

I think there are fewer JRPGs where you don't need to grind than ones where you do

Meaning, you don't need a brain at all to use vivi/steiner, you are playing the absolute safest bet with that combo and you will never even have to worry about losing at all. It's easy mode. It's boring mode. Don't try and hide the fact you used that combo as "it was iconic herf derf" just say "i used them because it was easiest and i didnt want to think about anything at all whatsoever."

Well OP, FF8 punishes you for grin-oh. You said fun as well. Nevermind.

All of them after the NES era.

Megaman X Command Mission

Because of Action Triggers, your damage output is tied to your skill, so no amount of farming and grinding will help nearly as much as having good reflexes/decision making, but even if you feel compelled to grind, the game makes grinding fun by letting you repeat eight (actually fun) boss fights as much as you want.

You don't need a brain at all to use anyone in the game besides autistically eating every enemy to get Quina's spells. You are getting really worked up over one of the easiest JRPGs every made for no reason other than to get some "gotcha" moment of thinking you have someone completely figured out on the internet. Name any character comp that takes deep planning and consideration compared to vivi and steiner. Oh wow amarant requires you to buy throwing items. Damn thats some high IQ shit right there.

The Suikoden games. I have never, ever needed to grind on those, even with switching party members.

Grandia and SaGa games come to mind. The latter series even punishes dummies for grinding too much. That reminds me that there was that one Tales game that has an unbeatable boss show up if you grind too much in one spot as an anti-botting measure, or something.

Trick question. OP expects fun to be found in JRPGs which is impossible.

I played every SMT and I don't think I ever farmer other than trying to get a good demon for Matador in nocturne or trying to get a demon in general

I used whoever was forced in the party for 70% of the game.

I mean Xenoblade and Earthbound are in your pick so obviously you have some idea already.
All the SMT games except the ending of SJ are all brains and zero grinding.

>SMT
>brains

Pick 1.

>That reminds me that there was that one Tales game that has an unbeatable boss show up if you grind too much in one spot as an anti-botting measure, or something.
You're thinking of Barbatos in Destiny DC, but he doesn't work quite like that.
Barbatos appears if you stay too much in an area with Auto mode set up(30 minutes iirc) and he gets Cheap Eliminate only if you're playing through on the easy setting, and even so you can still avoid to be wiped out by Cheap Eliminate by keeping him in the air while you combo which makes Cheap Eliminate miss(most of the times), you still can't win since he has infinite HP, but you won't be one shotted instantly either, and you can still run away as much as you like, not to mention that at any difficulty setting other than Easy you don't even have to worry about a sudden Cheap Eliminate since he can't use it, it's not like certain SaGa games where if you grind like a retard you get royally fucked over because you can't even run away from battles.

Xenoblade (any of them)
Radiant Historia

I beat Xenoblade 2 with 0 Grinding, I'm convinced if you get good at the battle system, you can escape most battles and kill only bosses, it felt that good.