Metroid Prime 4's "talented new development team" might be Bandai Namco Singapore

shinesparkers.net/metroid-prime-4-might-be-developed-by-former-lucasarts-far-cry-designers-at-bandai-namco-singapore/
and according to the new discoveries in their LinkedIn profiles, the entire Bamco people that worked there are full of ex-Ubisoft Shanghai/Eurocom (Far Cry 4+Primal+007 Legends) and ex-LucasArts (Star Wars 1313)

all western developers and mostly experienced with first person shooters...

any thoughts?
also, Metroid Prime thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kyoto-report.wikidot.com/list-of-nintendo-epd-personnel
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/killy-blame-vs-samus.562754/page-3
youtube.com/watch?v=-K4MbNFN7ws
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There was already a thread about this and they already had a fit. Most of the comments were denial.

>the entire Bamco people that worked there are full of ex-Ubisoft Shanghai/Eurocom (Far Cry 4+Primal+007 Legends) and ex-LucasArts (Star Wars 1313)
>Ubisoft

wasn't it already confirmed EAD kyoto was making this one

It would be a shame

Metroid isn't about FPS, it's about adventure, exploring and solving puzzles

I hope this isn't a brainless fps

won't hurt for an encore
i just want to speculate how good or bad the game will be since Kensuke Tanabe is a walking wild card

Link?

EAD doesn't exist anymore, its Nintendo EPD now
kyoto-report.wikidot.com/list-of-nintendo-epd-personnel
it also said a "talented new development team" is working hard on the new title.

what's his endgame?

Hey, that was my thread, so Metroid Prime 4 is still pretty much dead, right?

To put another franchise in the grave but at least Sakamoto is keeping 2D Metroid alive.

who knows?
like i said, Tanabe is a wild card
he could revitalize a series (Donkey Kong Country) or ruin it (Paper Mario)

It’s going to be a disaster. Metroid was better off dead.

t. 2D fag

At least we still got 2D Metroid.

was Far Cry 4 any good?

Big if true. It means that Nintendo is going to be making Metroid the new big FPS in town. And with the numbers of the Switch it has the potential to be GALACTIC.

>Star Wars 1313
he's literally going to be Metroid's Boba Fett isn't he?

You already got your adventure in Prime 1 and 2. I doubt bamco has the ability to top that or even come close. If a more FPS-focused game is in their element they should do it that way. If Prime 4 improves on 3 the way 2 did for 1, it could be GOAT.

>Sources are some literally who youtuber and fucking restera

Jesus christ kill yourself OP

I'm sure they'll make it politicized hackjob to further the false narrative of Samus being anything special.

Tanabe pushing Sylux, Federation vs Space Pirates, and Samus in a game and pushing this Avengers shit, Namco turning Metroid Prime into a literal Halo with none of the charms. This may be the end of the Metroid Prime series, boys.

*clone

>HURRRRF RETRO SHOULD MAKE THIS GAME! EVEN THOUGH THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED ON ORIGINAL PRIMES HAVE LONG LEFT THE STUDIO

It's the Rare-syndrome. Thinking that a brand or a name makes a thing good, rather than the people involved in making it.

Reminder that any developer at the helm after Prime 3 is welcomed.

Zzzzz

It's more like Metroid Prime should have ended with Prime 3 since Tanabe was already sinking his claws into the series.

>nintendo outsourcing another metroid game
I'm getting so fucking sick of these nips

At least Metroid Samus Returns turned out good since Sakamoto and his devs helped, Tanabe and Namco may fuck Prime 4 up though.

They need to drop the story. Seriously. The first 3 Metroids were great because you got a brief introduction and that was it. The rest of the story was shown, not told. Fucking lore fags have been ruining Metroid and it started with Prime. No one gives a fuck about the Federation, Sylux or other bound hunters, or the god damn Baby, just make it mysterious and atmospheric. The rest doesn't matter.

Agreed

>Making Metroid, a series about isolation, exploration, and atmosphere into a generic FPS is a good idea
Switchfags are insane

I thought it was part of some huge leak awhile back that Bandai was working on Prime 4?

>dosen't do anything through out the story
>dies to an eviromental hazard
god i hope not

some more info about Metroid Prime 4 if you guys don't mind

>>Sources are some literally who youtuber and fucking restera
>which all came from the leaked LinkedIn profiles
there's no need to be upset

Also another thing I get annoyed by from lorefags are gravity calcs. I decided to do some research and found some information that decanonlizes that stupid fan calc as this information about planet Zebes came from Nintendo themselves in 1994 Japanese Players Guide.
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/killy-blame-vs-samus.562754/page-3

1/3

more like
better off DREAD

2/3

>Not wanting a hunter vs hunter mode in conjunction to your "typical" Prime experience
Hunters on the DS was lots of fun, I'm hype for a HD version of it.

3/3

I'm DREADing

Samus Returns had Mercury Steam and Sakamoto and that turned out great. I'm not worried.

What's your definition of generic FPS?

Tanabe is a different story compared to Sakamoto.

thready reminder Namco was responsible for the greatest Star Fox in years

Does it matter? It's going to be bogged down by those $15 physical DLC McDonald toys, it's probably going to have a seasons pass and it's unlikely that we will get a game as good as Prime 1 again. My bets are on it being a linear game with the illusion of open world. I would love to be wrong, but nu-Nintendo has disappointed us time and time again (BoTW, Odyssey, etc etc)

My nigga. I loved this game. It's not Namco I'm worried about as much as I am the ex-Ubisoft employees and ex-LucasArts employees (I never liked LucasArts games all that much).

Yes. A better story.

>My bets are on it being a linear game with the illusion of open world.
the game is said to be on par to Metroid Prime 1, so hopefully they don't drop on that

You have to remember that the employees generally aren't the ones who make Ubisoft games suck. It's mostly corporate BS done as a means to wring more money out of the project.

ONE game

Which is worse than any of Tanabe's

>Nintendo farming out to third parties.
Just what the hell is Retro working on?

Yes but he still fixed his mistakes with his next game.

miyamoto ruined PM by opening his mouth

>b-but muh toads!
inconsequential compared to what miyamoto did

>2 improving 1
>2 improving anything.

ya, he's a far better developer than sakamoto

whatever it is
its not Donkey Kong either

>combat/bosses
>challenge
>scanning
>OST
>atmosphere
>items

Yes. I was worried deeply about Sakamoto's involvement in the franchise following Other M, and it turned out he still knew how to do it right even with a dev team that had a less-than-stellar reputation.

So after an incredible main trilogy, two mediocre handheld multiplayer spinoffs, and now another main series single-player entry on the way, with a developer that shows more promise, and after even Sakamoto bounced back so strongly, why exactly should I be worried about Kensuke Tanabe's involvement in the development of Metroid Prime 4?

>game and wario

Wasn't the Metroid Prime 4 Bamco rumo originally appear with the collection of rumors from last December? The one that mentioned DMCV and SC6?

>If Prime 4 improves on 3 the way 2 did for 1, it could be GOAT.
>the way 2 did for 1,
i want youtubers to LEAVE

>Bitches about lorefags
>Goes on to whine autistically about a fictional fucking planet's gravity.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

FIRST THE ABSOLUTE FLOP THAT WAS SR AND NOW THIS. SWITCHFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>ya, he's a far better developer than sakamoto
Nice joke
>made Prime 1 linear by blocking off paths in MPT
>added beam ammo and mp to Prime 2
>made a majority of Prime 3 into a terrible Halo clone and a space opera
>MPH and MPFF
>ruined Paper Mario
>killed Chibi Robo

fukin plebs

the (evil) Federation vs Space Pirates stuff isn't exclusive to Prime you sharts

all of those related to metroid isn't nearly as bad as what sakamoto did

>ruined Paper Mario
miyamoto

>killed chibi robo
you can't kill that which has no life

meanwhile he made donkey kong returns/tropical freeze which are better than anything sakamoto's done in over 20 years

BecauseShut up

Didn't he also want to take out sequence breaking glitches in the trilogy like scan jumping

This, namco rarely makes bad games.

But this is actually interesting.

this is 100% correct

i bought both of them on release, 1 has better atmosphere but 2 has better bosses, zones, gameplay / puzzles / combat overall

Yes

>meanwhile he made donkey kong returns/tropical freeze which are better than anything sakamoto's done in over 20 years
>it's this guy again

anti-primefag on overdrive ITT

I'm going to enjoy watching you get annihilated by prime 4's success, like I did with blunderfag and his 5 games

yes, it's me back at it with a correct post. DKTF is better than anything sakamoto's done since super. Anyone who's played both sakamoto's games and DK know this, but we all know you're vehemently against retro studios over an autistic fit of them taking over the series and havn't touched either game

Ah shit, E3 is gonna be lit this year.

Where my comfy anons at?

But all 2D Metroid games are better than DKCR games

Bosses were great
Scanning got better I guess so woohoo.
Challenge is irrelevant to me
I literally cannot remember a single track from fro. Echoes.
The atmosphere was trash. Every area was a drab brown mess and every area that wasn't a drab brown mess was a drab purple mess that tried to murder you for stepping off of the beaten path. Except for that ONE area that everyone loves and thinks smehow represents the entire game but it's still just one area and the rest of the game pales in comparison to prime 1 or even 3 in terms of art design.

wrong, only super is better than DKC TF. ZM is on the same level of R.

>fusion (aka proto-other M) better than anything
ha

>shut up
No u.

>Challenge is irrelevant to me
baby detected

>I literally cannot remember a single track from fro. Echoes.
see a doctor

>Except for that ONE area that everyone loves
Torvus has top tier atmosphere, especially the hydrodymano station

All 2D Metroid games are better than Retro's DK games.

S-Shut up

>Torvus has top tier atmosphere
Did we play the same game? Did you play any of the other games?

>see a doctor
you first

youtube.com/watch?v=-K4MbNFN7ws
can anyone make a webm of the Metroid bit?

STAND BACK SON

Unfortunate for those who enjoy that, but for me Metroid's big appeal is atmosphere, not sequence breaking.
Beam ammo never bothered me in Prime 2. It's handled well, I feel. The multiplayer is tacked on, but it in no way ruins the main game, so who cares.
Prime 3 is more linear and actiony, yes, but it's still an excellent game, still has lots of exploration, and is still incredibly atmospheric. The GFS Vallhalla may very well be my favourite location in the series
Mediocre and bad respectively, but both handheld multiplayer spinoffs. Again, does not worry me for Prime 4.
As much as I love him, Miyamoto ruined Paper Mario
I didn't play Chibi Robo, but the series never seemed like it had the potential to really be one of those staple Nintendo series.

In the meantime, he still has the Prime trilogy and DKC Returns games under his belt. I'm not worried.

>Kraid ran a toy shop
no wonder he rarely appeared in the games

you can keep repeating it, it'll never be true. Next time though, try to exclude fusion it'll make it seem less bullshit (not really)

>complaining about some sequence breaking stuff being removed (which have alternate way of being accomplished like early space jump in prime trilogy version) when half of the 2D metroids don't even have sequence breaking

wew

Don't need to repeat what is fact.

They never went back to the games that had them and patched them out.

>i hab pictur it mus b tru

because they had no opportunity, 2D doesn't get re-releases because it's not popular enough. You know damn well they would with how hard they tried to remove sequence breaking in SR, you can't even wall jump in tight wall spaces and there's metroid jelly everywhere. Not to mention the retarded, arbitrary fans getting rid of bomb jumping. The fact that you're even trying to defend this shit or make it seem prime is worse is hilarious

When it was announced that an amateur American studio was making a Metroid game, and that the game would be first-person, people were upset, but then they churned out a masterpiece in Metroid Prime.

I think people panicing need to relax.