Yfw

yfw

Smash thread.

Corrin shouldn't have been added and Roy shouldn't have been added back.

t. FE fan

>Roy shouldn't have been added back.
I disagree. He's my boy.

>another FE character

not him but he's horrible in his own game until the very end

Roy was a nice addition. Corrin was shit.

t. never played FE6

Worst FE lord, Corrin is at least fucking usable in his game.

Another goddamn FE rep. AND just to promote the new game

Agumon.

Imagine what could have been.

Not just another FE rep but the most unpopular FE lord in years
I would have taken anyone from any other franchise

Got this from the article OP took his image from.

Splatoon better get a rep or an item or stage atleast.

ELLIWOOD WHEN?

You morons honestly should have seen Corrin coming.
Roy was one of the worst inclusions in all of Smash 4, yet you hyped him up because "MUH MELEE!" Fire Emblem was already pretty bloated with 4, so Roy was a red flag for me.
Corrin was one of the tamer DLC inclusions. Fuck the DLC in general, though.

People will try and say otherwise, but we both know you're right.
I still don't know who actually likes Roy other than memers who spout our boy all day long. Meleefags don't like him because he's vastly shittier Marth, 4fags don't like him because he's still bad, FEfags don't like him because he's somehow the blandest piece of shit in that franchise, passing even his father for that title. So who does that leave us with?

Lucina needs to be cut too, but that's a different argument.

Splatoon will get all that and then some, boi.
Inkling Fighter, Squid Sisters Assist, Rainmaker Item, and a Stage or two.

This is how Fire Emblem should be represented in Smash:
>Marth
>Robin
>Hector
That's it, that's all you fucking need, really.
You've got something from the NES/SNES era, the GBA era, and the Nu-FE era, which are the three most significant eras of the franchise.

Agree 100%. As for Roy, the biggest insult is that we had to PAY for ANOTHER Marth clone.

I never bought him for this reason.

Am I being baited? That was from the actual announcement trailer, who cares where the screenshot came from? Did you expect OP to go to the video, take a picture of it, resize it, and then post it here?

Ideally we'd get the full weapon triangle, but I guess that'd be kinda difficult if they keep to the era thing.

What are his chances?

>mfw Corn and Soy on top of Marth 1 + 2, Robin, and MUH FRIENDS

The DLC character choices would be great if Corrin wasn't added. Ryu? Cloud? Bayonetta? Fantastic choices. Corrin? Eww.

>Mewtwo and Lucas returned
>Ryu
>Bayonetta
>Cloud
>>Fuck the DLC in general, though.
Seriously? What the fuck did you want for DLC if none of that tickled your fancy?

>spoiler

I get that he's a fan favorite, but why would he get chosen to be in Smash over the obvious rep for that game? Is it because she would be yet another swordfighter?

It's rumored that originally Leif from FE5 was going to get in instead of Roy but Nintendo made Sakurai add Roy to promote FE6, WHICH WASN'T EVEN OUT IN JAPAN AT THE TIME MELEE CAME OUT

Will never not be salty about this, Leif is a much, MUCH better lord than that fucking faggot Roy.

Fire Emblem is far from Nintendo's most popular franchise, even if it is a pretty significant one. Having SIX fucking reps for a franchise that has sold less than Kirby, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Metroid is frankly kind of bullshit, especially when aforementioned franchises get less reps than FE does. I would care more about having a variety of different fighters from several franchises rather than cramming the whole weapon triangle from FE into Smash.

Imagine if Dr. Mario was DLC and it was expected that you are to pay for him.
That's what Roy is to me.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I just reverse searched OP's image then looked at the comments.

They're going to cut Lucina, Robin and Roy. Maybe Corrin.
They're going to keep Marth, Ike and newcomer will be FE Switch MC

I'm adamant towards adding Lyn over Hector because she wields a sword, a very over represented weapon in Smash, and besides sometimes using a bow she probably wouldn't be more unique than other "fast swordsperson" like Marth/Lucina or Meta Knight.

Yes, she's everyone's first FE waifu, but I'd rather take Hector because he's a heavy and bulky character, which are few and far between in Smash, would be the first character to be an axe wielder, and in addition was polled to be one of the most popular male characters in Fire Emblem from the FE:H polls, helping his status even more (it's not like he's some random exposable character, he's one of the three primary lords). Plus I fucking love Hector so maybe I'm biased

>cut Robin
No, he's going to stay. Awakening is too popular for him to get axed. Lucina will probably just be made into a alt of Marth considering that's what she basically is now.

Warp Digivolve To.....

I honestly can't think of a worse reveal for that direct or whatever it was called. Try, try really hard to think of a plausible character that would've gotten a more negative reception than the 6th FE fighter.
Bayonetta is cool as hell but Corrin was such a slap to the face to everyone who genuinely thought the ballot wasn't a publicity stunt that Bayo wasn't exciting in the slightest. There is no reason we couldn't have had 2 ballot winners. Roy getting back in to appease Meleefags (despite Mewtwo covering that niche much better) advertised FE enough. It doesn't help that Corrin brought in hoardes of feetposters, and Corrin himself is such a fucking nightmare to fight thanks to that absurdly safe side b, best counter in the game, invincible up b, and still took inspiration from Marth's moveset in both his air moves as well as his general playstyle revolving around landing tippers.

Corrin was just so bad on so many levels, from both a fan standpoint to a player standpoint. There's not a single good thing that came from adding Corrin in Smash, and I'm honestly still so sour from it, that if Smash 5 has even one more new FE fighter I'll likely skip it.

Roy doesn't advertise dick though.

user-mon!

>a Fire Emblem character doesn't advertise the Fire Emblem series
Smash as a whole is one massive advertisement platform, that's literally how Roy even got in in the first place. (shoutout to Sakurai's FE bias by the way)
Roy getting in would bring more attention to the FE IP, and thus Fates, much like how Robin and Lucina got a bunch of new people talking about Awakening, or how Marth and Roy in Melee brought FE to the west back in 2001. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Roy was added in Melee just to promote FE6 in Japan, which didn't come out until after Melee.

>tfw still not over nintendo forcing KT to give lyn spats

I like Corn as a fighter much more than Lucina or Roy, but at that point in time it was a real punch in the ass.
At least bayo was there to save the direct.

No, he doesn't. Roy hasn't been even remotely relevant to the franchise at all since 6 in Japan, and never overseas.
I understand the concept of using characters to market. I understand they put him in in the first place to advertise 6. What I'm saying is that Roy is so obsolete to his own franchise that he doesn't actually advertise it. He's more of a melee rep than a FE rep at this point because that's where I'm convinced his entire fanbase comes from. The only thing he's been even slightly relevant is FEH, which Smash 4 predates by 3 years.

this made my head hurt.
like physically i felt my head being split in two when he was announced, like someone had taken an axe straight from the forge, sharpened to perfection by a diamond whetstone and wielded by an experienced executioner from the Dark ages that had been assigned a bonus for every head he brings in that had been in a foul mood after discovering that his daughter was the harlot of the town when she was raped, giving him the personal vendetta of killing every man that sullied her innocence and i just happened to be a the wrong place at the wrong time.
i did not feel surprise, just the equivalent ofgetting sprayed by a skunk. not to mention that character is broken as shit even more than pre-nerf Mac.

I love Falco but he should just be an alt for Fox.

It's time for a round of Add & Remove!
>Add 3 newcomers/veterans to the next Smash that aren't in Sm4sh's roster
>Remove 3 characters you don't like from the current Sm4sh roster
Let's see what you got, user

Going off this logic then, Roy is entirely pointless since Mewtwo was a much more missed character who also was not a clone. I guarentee that if Meleefags had to choose between Mewtwo and Roy returning, Mewtwo would win every time, this is likely why he was shown as the first DLC character, since literally everyone wanted him back.

Our returning fighters roster should have been Mewtwo, Lucas and literally anyone else. I'm biased for Ice Climbers but would have been happy with either Wolf or Snake, assuming Konami would allow it.

>Add:
Ice Climbers
Inklings using Splatoon 1 weapons
Inklings using Splatoon 2 weapons

>Remove:
Lucina
Roy
Corrin

Smash needs to be cleansed of the FE virus.

Who else won’t buy the next one if it doesn’t have at least one new character you personally want?

Hello, this is your Smash 5 newcomer tonight! Her game has grossed over 240 million dollars so far, and is ever growing! Say something nice about her!

We don't need anymore FE characters, OK?!

Add Spring-man, Rex/Pyra, and Squid Kid
Remove Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Roy.

Add Inklings, Spring Man, and Shantae.
Don't remove anyone because every character has their own fans, even if I don't like them personally.

>Shantae.
>

Give one damn good reason why PACMANia in Smash but best boy isn't.

I feel lucky because everyone I wanted to get in Smash 4 got into Smash 4 except for 2 characters

If you think he's as popular as Pac Man you're delusional.

rate n' hate

>hoshido outfit femcorrin
>looks regal and cool unlike the slutty nohr one
>can see her butt under the cape
why the fuck

Okay user, Sakurai approaches you and says he’ll add one (1) indie game character of your choice. Who will it be?

I don't like how that sounds, I don't want Marth to get overshadowed by an alt with a vagina and even flatter chest because of waifufags,

This is your new content for the Sm4sh Port
say something nice

I like Aruru !

We're getting Decidueye and all know it.

Not him, but why do people parrot this meme? I've played through almost all of FE6 (left off at Ch.21) and Roy was only bad in the first couple chapters and has been one of my very best units from then on, the only reason I keep him in the back of battle is just because he'll be wasting EXP since he's been Lv.20 for a long time.

You must have the worlds best luck or have been feeding him all of your stat boosters. Show us a screencap of his stats.

I come up with an elaborate lie to pass off Doomguy as Indie and hope nobody tells him otherwise until it's too late.

Shovel Knight. He seems like a good fit.

I want the DS stage from Flash that kills you when it closes

Will he be in the next smash?

Add Inklings, Rex/Pyra, and Wonder Red
Remove Lucina, Dark Pit, and Roy

I'm perfectly okay with this.

I don't feed stat boosts to anyone until the very last chapter in FEs.
Also I used a bit too strong of words with calling him one of my very best, since everyone else is on the farther end of advanced levels, but he's very VERY far from unusable, and can solo at least 3 enemies just fine, which is really good considering how underleveled he is compared to enemies at this point.

Nah, Corrin's moveset is too good not to come back for Smash 5. Roy can stay home though.

Corrin was probably the most pointless addition to the roster ever. The worst part is that because Corrin's moveset is so unique, it would be stupid to not have him return in Smash 5. I wish FE wasn't represented with all these fucking sword lords in Smash. It's sort of why I love Robin so much

I am reminded Smash won't come before new FE so they can put even more FE characters in.

The only thing unique about his moveset is his Side B and Side Smash. Everything else is literally a slight animation or hitbox change from other sword users.

THESE ARE THE NEW ADDITIONS AND REMOVALS TO SMASH 5:

>removal
Dr Mario
Lucina
Dark Pit
Roy
Wii Fit
Pacman
Toon Link
Greninja
Charizard

>Additions
K. Rool
Bandana Dee
Rayman
Snake
ugandan Knuckles
Pkmn Trainer (works like Brawl)
Steve to see shantaefags seethe
something with Hanafuda to see vidyafags seethe
Excitebike guy
Funky Kong

Wow user I think you may have the worlds first actually good Roy.

>people bitch and moan about Roy, Lucina, and Dark Pit, and demand their removal
>this guy keeps getting a free pass

He’s saying OP didn’t get it from an article you melt

>adamant for lyn over hector

>points out reasons why lyn shouldn't be added

user, hows that esl coming along

It's also funny because Dr. Mario is so much worse than regular Mario.

People complained about Doc for a bit, but the explaination that he's in due to giving Mario players the option to use Mario's old Down B makes sense. He also didn't take a lot of devtime or take up a highly valued DLC slot like Roy did.

I thought they were doing a short advertisement for the game. I didn't think the madman would actually put Corrin in the game.

He's not unusable, he's just shit, mostly because of his super late promotion.

I love Fire Emblem, but the fact that FE fans actually think that adding in every bum fuck irrelevant lord who starred in a game that came out 10 years ago is a good indicator that Smash needs to stop with the Fire Emblem.

Imagine being a Golden Sun and losing an assist trophy while Fire Emblem fans are like "but what about Hector".

Elma and Hyrule Warriors Impa got shafted.

Add:
>ARMS Rep
>Splatoon Rep
>A complete surprise out of the blue in the likes of Wii Fit Trainer

Remove:
>Every FE rep not named Marth or Ike.
>Every fucking "lazy clone" such as Dark Pit and, yes, Dr. Mario

Change:
>Clones are now an alt skin and editting specials is a much larger part of the game, with way more character are added as clones thanks to this.
>Shulk to Rex
>Kirby's Smash is the Robobot

>shulk to rex
Oh shit nigger, you just went full retard.

>Shulk to Rex
>literally no way to make the Monado symbols work with Rex in a way that actually make sense
Good work user

>"I'm Masahiro Sakurai and I can't hide my huge boner for Fire Emblem."
At least Bayo was in the same announcement. Otherwise I would have been pissed.

I'm just tired of counter-heavy characters

>The motherfucking MASTER DRIVER can't have different stat boosts
>Can use the same bullshit future sight stuff shulk does, just golden colored instrad of yellow
>While running at literal light speed

Who the fuck is going full retard? Rex with 5 different blades is easily an acceptablr replacement. He would even come preloaded with BOOBS and have one of the few rare healing abilities in the game with Nia as a blade.

THIS IS THE WAY

He's clearly not. Learn to read.

>blades become relegated to background characters passive stat changes rather than interacting on the field
Not that exciting, but I guess it works.

Though it would be six because there has to be a "default" for when neither of the other 5 are in use.

>muh characters
It won't matter if they don't add fucking jump momentum back in.

Would y'all want a dock that includes an ethernet port and GCN ports?

The fucking problem is that the switch has one fucking port on it, all the controllers, the power, and the ethernet AND your external storage share it. I can't imagine that's good for gaming.

>Be junior in highschool when this game came out
>Its 4 years later now
>People are still interested in this
Where does the time go? This game doesn't get updates anymore so what more is there to really discuss about that hasn't been said?

>he doesn't shitpost constantly on /feg/
I pity you

Smash 5 or port speculation. What else?

>muh Geno
>muh Shantae
>muh Shovel Knight
>muh large reptile memes
Or Snake I guess