Remember when bald protagonists were a thing?

Remember when bald protagonists were a thing?

Are ponytailed protags going to become the new standard?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope so, it's an improvement.

I wonder if this more or less has to do with devs being able to animate hair better or something.

ponytails are cute on men

>tfw gf made me get a ponytail/manbun
>Now she regrets it because some girl took a photo of me in public (without me knowing) and over a thousands people gushed about me on Twitter

Chad leave

Mohawk protags > everything else

What about balding protagonists?

Get the fuck off this board, normalfag

Patrician city over here.

What's the story here?

yeah right
it was actually your mom taking pictures of your greasy womanhair and people laughing on here facebook

tfw too insecure to wear a ponytail instead of the usual hair down covering most of my face even though I've been told I have really nice features like my jaw and chin

>t. newfag
Get the fuck out

Listening to Death Grips

lol, same

>Have the perfect length and hair for that short sides, long top haircut people love, especially pulled back
>People think I should wear my hair like that all the time
>Still prefer to wear my hair in a more emo/Asian style instead

How normal is it for guys to have long hair now? They're pretty common where I live but where I live is not exactly normal.

>"user! You should push your hair back. You'll look more mature!"
>tfw they don't know that this is the hairstyle I'm getting soon

About the same as ever. You'll get all sorts of reactions depending on how well maintained your hair is.

Just go for it if you want it. Remember, you could bald in 10 years, so have fun with your hair while you can.

Just keep in mind that if you want long hair, you'll need to take care of it and DON'T fall for the "just a little trim!" meme.

I don't really see any guys with long hair often but I live in this weird remote Chadville where the Hitler Youth/sidecut are still hip.

They want to see your eyes. They might be pretty.

>"just a little trim!" meme.
What do you mean?

>Are ponytailed protags going to become the new standard?
nah just games made and developed by soyboys

I don't know if you're memeing or not, but I have been told I have "powerful" eyes when I maintain strong eye contact. Girls like that for some reason.

Still want that haircut though.

If you want to grow your hair out, don't trim it so that it's "tidy". That's not how growing hair works. You'll have to deal with the awkward hair phase for a while, but it's worth it.

Soyboy got picked up by normies. We agreed to stop using it here.

Why is there such a stigma behind guys in their 20's having any hairstyle that isn't short or a Hitler Youth?

Yes, as more and more women play video games more and more developers will cater to them with conventionally attractive male heroes the same way they do with men and attractive female heroes.

Oh, I thought it was more along the lines of telling the barber you want "just a trim" and they wind up lopping off 90% of your hair. My dad told me it happened to him once and he never let a woman cut his hair again.

I see what you mean, though.

>Soyboy got picked up by normies. We agreed to stop using it here.
please stop with the secret club shit

it's gross

Very likely.

My b. So what's up with this dude's hair? What do you guys think?
It's not a stigma persay, but a lot of dudes who try going for the longer hairstyles don't maintain it well on the first try (greasy hair, split ends, etc). For g

That's why I never let my dad cut my hair every again as a kid. He shaved my head and didn't think it was a problem.

unironically this

If Rockstar isn't doing it, then it won't be the "standard"

For the record, I take very good care of my hair. I don't even straighten it anymore. That and my hair looks shit straightened.

Doesn't long hair make it harder to get hired? I've had a decent job for 15 years so I don't know if interviewers still make as big a deal about that as they used to.

>soyboy
Nice anti-science propaganda
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU

t. soyboy

This is why job interviews should be done completely anonymous.

Yeah outright straightened hair is hard to pull off. Most guys would be fine letting their hair do its thing or even styling it later.

Sorry fag, but ponytails in real life are hilariously shit and people are making fun of you

Until people are no longer amazed by hair physics
Right now hair physics is something publishers feel like they need to sell a game

I used to hate my wavy hair, but ever since I realized that I can just use the correct product and a bit of hairspray to make it look good, I don't touch straighteners.

I look really greasy and dirty with straightened hair.

I had to cut my hair just for working at a movie theater projection room. At least I didn't had to wear an uniform like the guys from the candy store.

bald is better >>>>>>> faggottail
geralt = loser ass cuck
snake = pussy and a faggot
link = soyboy twink
real men have no hair or short hair

What bald protagonists? I can only really think of Agent 47.
My memory is pretty bad though.

That's probably the most gayest haircut a man could have. No one in a western country would mistake someone with that for a heterosexual.

>tfw got a lot of positive female attention when I did the "Beiber" style and wore foundation to cover up my acne scars

Feels good.

>No one in a western country would mistake someone with that for a heterosexual.
Well luckily I only date Asians then. Girls don't really hate that hairstyle and I've gotten a lot of attention for having "feminine" hair.

The entirety of 2000s shooters

It really depends on how you present yourself.
If you come in lookin like a dude with shaggy hair, they might have doubts. But if you come in looking like a man who can take care of his hair? That leaves an impression.
also it depends on the kind of work please don't become a safety liability .

>Go to my interview with my hair pulled back and HY-styled
>Get hired
>Go back to my "emo" style while back at work

Does Snake hair work in real life? Obviously not on 250lbs zit faced no-chin neckbeards, but on good looking people?

For some reason I think not.

That's why you use a bun

Mass Effect guy

I use to get plenty of compliments when my hair was around neck length. Pic related is how I wore it. Hell I even look like Keanu anyway.

yeah me too but they actually came up to me and said I was cute and my gf sucked my dick later that night because she was scared of leaving me haha

I think what happened is guys started to realize that they have been getting really shit haircuts for a very long time

It worked for Medusa.

Cue ball detected.

Does that really count when you can create your own character?

with good looking people hair-style doesn't matter so the best looking people get adventurous because they'll look great regardless. See: Ruby rose, Taxi Driver, any MGS protag, etc

You have to remember that Snake is a very good looking person. IRL, it'll probably look shit on 99% of people. It's like that with Hitler Youth cuts too. Some look handsome as fuck, while some make you look awkward. Just find what works with your face.

your just jealous the sun has never kissed your scalp

>can't grow longer hair
>only grows thicker and ends up as a gigantic bowl cut

Really short/buzzed is not bald.

Did you get sunburned

lol yeah it is
buzzed is by far the worst cut you could have. it immediately exposes all of your flaws and subhuman facial bones. why anyone would get a buzzcut is beyond me. just get on fin and minoxidil

Too many guys seem to be insecure with their sexuality or just don't care about fashion. I'll get a fashionable haircut, even if other guys think I look "gay", because I know I'm straight.

How long are you letting it grow? It can take 2 years to get long hair.

All the promotional art (including game covers) has him bald or close to it. I know you can make your own guy but Bioware seemed to push the bald persona a lot.

not even the sun will kiss me

>because I know I'm straight.
keep telling yourself that.

No it isn't. Bald is literally lack of hair. Look at the top of his head. That is hair you mental manlet.

It's better to shave your head and live as a melon head than the guy who tries to cover his baldness with the rest of his shitty hair.

It should weigh itself down when it gets past a certain point, although if its too much of a hassle I would just keep it short. My hair crazy thick but straight enough to grow out. It's the midstage which is a pain to get past.
Nothing wrong with a buzz. Some people don't have time to spend preening themselves. I would only buzz myself if I were more fit so my face bones stick out more.

>2 years to get long hair
well I suppose that's why
I wait 6 months until the bowl cut gets absolutely hideous

no my skin is already red enough from how many guns i own

shepard is obviously balding
look at that hairline. and buzzed is effectively bald, anyway. only balding cucks get buzzed

Holy shit wait longer than 6 months. Brush regularly and use some pomade to keep the frizziness/poof down.

I know am though? If I were gay or bi, I wouldn't deny it or care. I've had a lot of guys hit on me, so if I were gay, I'd be on that.

That's the "awkward phase", user. My hair isn't "long", but I had to deal with that at first. I hate to push Reddit on here, but check out /r/FierceFlow/. They were once like you and have good motivation on there for people like you.

Abolutely, remember these iconic trend setters?

>only balding cucks get buzzed
Really?

not a mohawk

Bald/Shaved head literally existed because up until this generation and even still real time hair rendering is a pain in the fucking ass.

This is how a protagonists should look .

>tfw small head so anything other than poofy hair makes me look absolutely ridiculous

what the fuck is that and what game is it from so I can forever avoid it?

>Too many guys seem to be insecure with their sexuality or just don't care about fashion. I'll get a fashionable haircut, even if other guys think I look "gay", because I know I'm straight.
The big secret to fashion that most guys miss out on is that it's all about what the opposite gender thinks. If they think you look good, then you're doing something right.

Subnautica
the game’s actually really good

>2 screenshots
>The one from the Nintendo game has to be some gay fanart since the game looks like shit
lol.

It's from Subnautica. I think you only see the dudes face like once and then its first person forever.

I don't think there's a game with a more unlikable misfit yet you root for them profoundly

LOL!!!!! OH MY GOD user!!! SO FUNNY! WHAT A COMEDIAN YOU ARE!!! AHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHH

>Hurf durf it's basically sort of like bald so I'm not wrong :((((
I don't give a shit about your feelings that buzzed is "effectively" bald because it factually isn't. Bald is lack of hair and buzzed hair is still hair.

Just knowing I would be playing as that thing is bad enough.

Most soyboys are bald/balding/thinning though.

It's this shit, beautiful man who fights a lot and is beautiful