Is Nintendo autistic? Or is just Miyamoto's influence on it that's making them autistic?

Is Nintendo autistic? Or is just Miyamoto's influence on it that's making them autistic?

>Every other company is pushing 4k, 60 fps, VR
>Nintendo is like "DUDE CARDBOARD"
>Every other company has a unified online system. Friends list, parties, achievements, clubs, voice chat, ability to quickly join friends in a game
>Nintendo has friend codes, a smartphone app for voice chat (for ONE game), can't even talk to teammates, just friends in your party
>Strange peripheral gimmicks that usually appeal to the sensory crave autists have (motion control, plastic guns or swords to put said controller in)
>Their games being simple, easy, colorful, and the same thing over and over (autists love repetition)
>Splatoon being an example of the above manifested into one game.
>Only 2 maps in rotation for a 2 hour period (autists love that repetition, I have an autistic cousin that watches the same episode of a show all day on repeat). The colors, and the paint texture (autists love textures), lack of communication except for picture greetings you can draw pixel by pixel
>Nintendo quality tests their games to a point of autistic-level attention to detail
What does Sup Forums think about Nintendo acting so differently compared to other companies out there? The way they handle online drives me crazy. I have a PS4 and a Switch and trying to play Splatoon like any other team shooter and communicating with teammates being impossible feels like I'm handicapped. I mean at least Nintendo doesn't have micro transactions in their games.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1517611261314.jpg/
youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More things I had but couldn't fit in the OP.
>Miyamoto just wants to climb trees and collect bugs in every video game he has a hand in
>Amiibos/pokemon appeal to the toy collecting autists
>Nintendo is ran like a school with bells telling them what to do and when to do it. A bell for the beginning of the day, a bell for breaks, a bell for lunch, a bell for going home. A bell to signal a change in tasks you're working on. This follows an autistic schedule, autists like having a scheduled life.
>People that work for Nintendo say that it is frowned upon to talk with coworkers and you're supposed to work quietly on your own
As a company they're really weird and I don't know if it's just me being autistic about them being autistic.

no you're autistic

I'm fine with achievements/trophies not being a thing.

Sounds like you're the autistic one.

>guy has hobby
>made into a game

Op, you have a condition

>People that work for Nintendo say that it is frowned upon to talk with coworkers and you're supposed to work quietly on your own
Sounds like a company for me, then. Coworkers are normalfag scum in the overwhelming majority of cases.

I think you're lost, robot

"Autism" has become a dyphemism for retard here, so you couldn't pick a worse place to ask this question. It is akin to asking a fat man to give a Ted Talk about integrity.

I truly believe that Miyamoto and Aonuma need to be demoted and regulated to cheap, throwaway games. They view gaming as a toy when it's more than that these days.

I agree, it really shows with them only allowing families at that labo presentation (even though I can see why because they wanted to market it as a family activity and not a manchild playset).

Man, if I was in charge of Nintendo, I would have told Miyamoto to shut the fuck up years ago. He's harmful to Nintendo. If they dumped Aonuma and Miyamoto, we'd probably have a story and gameplay heavy Zelda already,

>>Every other company is pushing 4k, 60 fps, VR
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This thread is really funny

>>Their games being simple, easy, colorful, and the same thing over and over
Huh?

Just let Miyamoto have fun in a corner with his gimmicks.
That way he doesn't have time to meddle with the actual games and we get breaths of fresh air like BotW and Odyssey.

You mean the same games that make effective use of said """"""gimmicks"""""""?

>What is Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing for 500 Alex

>AND FAILING
>end up making cinematics experiences rather than interesting fun games
Do you really want this over what nintendo tries to do?, you have already seen the effects of this on games like God of war, do you really think this is the way that the gaming industry should go?.

monitoring this thread for epicness

>You mean the same games that make effective use of said """"""gimmicks"""""""?
Eh? BOTW's motion controls are complete ass, ESPECIALLY when they're forced in shrines and they literately became detrimental in Odyssey if you use the Pro Controller.

>>Every other company is pushing 4k, 60 fps, VR
>60 fps
That's just not true.

I wouldn't mind achievements if they're done correctly. They must not be granted automatically for playing through the story and they must remain hidden until you get them or until you beat the game, so they don't spoil the player. They must also have fun, engaging objectives that you'd want to pursue and not "do this thing 5000 times".

>New PS4 and Xbone upgrades can run 4k with compatible games, and 60 fps on games certain games, more so on the PS4+ since you can control framerate or resolution. PSVR.
>PC has all of that stuff if you buy the hardware for it, graphics card companies, VR companies

What other platforms/companies are there? That don't fit this criteria?

Are you referring to Miyamoto's recent comment about Nintendo being a firm that looks for new ways to have fun? He's right and most of you still play games as if they were just toys. When they're more than that. See what I just did? What I mean by Miyamoto being right is that he's always said this kinda stuff. It is the nuances of games that most of Sup Forums focuses on. I.e. what it adds that's new, rather than whether the core of the game is good. This is epitomized by the popularity of Mark Brown and critical dissectors like Game Grumps. Why did nobody make those videos sooner? Back in the day the 20 somethings who played Zelda, Resident Evil, and Metal Gear Solid knew what counted in games. Now they're just a discussion point for little kids on Sup Forums. You think Miyamoto and Aonuma are childish? Oh no non no no... On contraire, they're the only ones who have ever made good Zeldas.

From my understanding from interviews in recent years, people seem deathly afraid of Miyamoto for some reason. Like they take his word as law when all he does is offer suggestions and ideas. With Sticker Star I believe all he said was use more familiar characters, but he never explicitly said flood the game with same looking Toads and nothing but, and the same could be said about Color Splash. Then there's Splatoon where apparently the designs were afraid of presenting the squids or something to Miyamoto because they thought it'd be turned down in place of Mario when in reality he couldn't have been happier with the Squidling choice. Chances are I'm remembering this wrong though, I read into these things months ago.

Reminder Miyamoto thinks Nintendo is not a videogame company.

And "retard" has always meant "person I disagree with", so...

>Monster hunter world runs at 25 fps
i still love it

Well yeah, Nintendo began in 1890's making hanafuda cards.

Remember when he said to Retro that it looked like DK was blowing when he turned around, so they added a (shitty and pointless) blowing mechanic to Returns for that reason?

I remember some dev team was talking about him testing botw when the first beta version was shown to him and all he did was climb trees for like 2 hours

/thread

the japanese people are ones of absolutes

>be guest over at their house, offhandedly mention that some knickknack they have is nice
>offered to me later as a gift
>tell girl i kinda know that her hair looks pretty and her clothes are nice
>gets all touchy-feely with me later
>strung out on my gourd on BRON, nearly collapse and die on the way to a comfy jazz bar
>mumble and slur to the bartender that the atmosphere is very nice and relaxing and that his taste in music is superb
>get a free shot of whiskey on the house

Miyamoto is pretty defensive of western studios messing with his creations. I remember reading a quote that when DKC was released and had good sales, he made a comment saying "That game is proof that a mediocre game can have good graphics and still sell well" or something.

They are first and foremost a toy company. An extremely traditional japanese company.

That was made up.

/thread

The 4 best selling IPs nintendo has?

This is true. Japanese people culturally aren't straight up rude or blunt, so they try to be subtle with their comments/intentions through their sentences.

You can say "Oh it smelled funny in here today" and they'll automatically assume you were calling them a slovenly pigsty who didn't wash themselves.

>is a multinational corporation autistic like a real human bean??
op probably is the kind of mongoloid who treats his unfortunate pets like the children he'll never have

I've heard they are really interesting to work for outside of the bell thing, with it being very traditional on the inside and how they operate.

That's cool. I have an OG PS4 so what cool things do I get?

>every other console does X
>Nintendo does Y

Seems like a decent enough strategy.

I wonder what other things Miyamoto will have caused with his suggestions
>Miyamoto looks at the development of New SMB 2
>"I think the game need more coins"

>Miyamoto looks at the new IP, Splatoon
>Supposed to be a 3rd person paintball shooter
>"I think it would be fun to shoot the map and not other players"

I remember Galaxy was born out of Miyamoto's desires for Mario to walk on spheres. This is literally all he would say to Koizumi over and over and it annoyed him so much that they sat down to create the idea for planets with gravity.

Lol, my dad had the same experience in Japan. He was raising funds for a university so he visited a lot of people in their homes. He had to stop himself from complimenting their belongings because they always felt obligated to give them to him afterwards.

Nintendo's always done random shit

>ROB the Robot
>Light guns
>eReader cards
>games that relied on linking GBAs to a Gamecube
>everything about the Wii

I'm not saying I like everything Nintendo does (I think it's fucking hilarious Reggie's defense for the mobile app was to not require a "bulky gamer headset" when in reality, you need to plug in a fuck ton of wires and position yourself just right to get Splatoon voice chat working the way Nintendo provides it), but Nintendo having batshit crazy logic is nothing new

>Their games being simple, easy, colorful, and the same thing over and over
contrary to what? the ol angry soldier/assasin/ex soldier that is always the mc in west games?
I mean at least shittymoto doesn't try to denny the reuse of characters and themes

But muh BING BING

It's annoying that they're so fucking out of touch with certain things like their online service, but the console's cool and the games are fuckin great so I can't complain too much

>OP trying to criticize Nintendo on NintendoGaf

Good lord. Dude in that image being this beta must be insufferable.

I've never tried to use it. Can you talk to your teammates in random matches or just people you invite to your room?

>I POSTED IT AGAIN!

Shut up soytendo boy.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1517611261314.jpg/

>soytendo
>god i'm sooooooo clever and original

Sounds like you're autistic

>still get 720p 30 fps games in this day and age
Why do console babbies think their ps4s or xbones are superior when they've been holding back the game industry for years?

>That title

Just feels so forced and fake, now the gif of a dude trying to act like a 4 year old over his PS4 on christmas day and getting clawed by his cat, thats genuine.

>Holding back game industry
>PC can do whatever it wants
Consoles aren't holding back anyone. If someone wants to be an enthusiast gamer, they would just buy a gaming PC. Others like the convenience of a TV box that also plays games.

PCs simply aren't convenient enough yet, and that's an interface and compatibility problem.

Please, the new PS4 and XB only target 4k, barely any of their developers care about their games being 60 fps. You either get the "stable 30" or the "cinematic 24" experience.

Cinematic like BoTW right?

Because doing the same thing the competition does is a fucking great way stand out right?

They are doing fine nigger, the cardboax is aimed at a different demographic, the Switch being a hybrid drives more sales than trying to push 4k and struggling to play catch up with pc like the others. Achievements are fucking nothing. And your point about simple and easy and colorful or rotation just shows you are associating a lot of concepts that have nothing to do with each other.

Easy to get into doesn't mean easy to master. You know what's easy? Pressing X to action like in many cinematic heavy games. Nintendo always focus on gameplay first.

This was an Xbox though

Aonuma has always wanted 3D Zelda to be a more cinematic experience, what's your point?

BoTW is the 24 fps cinematic open-world meme game toddlers always cry about

Nintendo is just carving out their own corner of the market. Nintendo and Sega captured a lot of autists with some choice games on Gamecube and Game Boy. Parents love paying for things that will keep their retarded kids shut for hours.

>4k, 60 FPS, VR
Nintendo does prioritize FPS, you know.
4K and VR are memes.

>prioritize fps
>nerfed visual fidelity
>selling repurposed surplus nvidia shields

yeah ok bro

>Nintendo makes good games
>other companies make bad games
youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY

Not all of Nintendo, but you do see more 60 fps games than in other consoles.

PS4 has actually way more 60 fps games than Switch. 60 fps is standard in PS4 multiplayer games.

Man I'd buy a PS4 but I only want to play like four games there.

its euro time

>PS4 has actually way more 60 fps games than Switch
But the PS4 only has a single game, so how is that even possible? And the single game ran 20 fps at launch, dunno if it's reached the peaks of 30 fps yet.

Bloodborne? Did it ever get a performance patch?

Nintendo doesn't need MUH GRAPHICS to make bing bing wahoo and they don't care about third parties. If they ever decide to go for graphics it will be for VR.

What a retarded toddler comment. Go compare Battlefront 2 performance to Splatoon. Or Gran Turismo to Bing Bing Banana racer.

Its almost like he wants to make things fun for kids.

>>Nintendo quality tests their games to a point of autistic-level attention to detail
Thats good though

>how to steal from japs

Nintendo doesn't care about graphics and things of that nature, they care about finding new ways to have fun

> bruh we finna wants grafix n multiplayer n shit

They care about finding new gimmicks to sell to retards. That's it.

Nintendo can do literally anything and it will print money, simply because they are Nintendo

If any other company made the same exact games they'd all flop, because they don't have Zelda and Mario

>People keep posting this
>While forgetting the actual article says the janitor almost threw it away

OPs right. Nintendo is autistic and a pile of shit company pushing shitty kid games. If you support Nintendo you are anti-video games.

>n-no.. you..

>autists love textures
>Nintendo quality tests their games to a point of autistic-level attention to detail

Janitors usually have a good sense of identifying trash.

I know right? And to think there are grown adult males unironically buying this shit up and acting like children. Pathethic and embarassing desu

>Nintendo is ran like a school with bells telling them what to do and when to do it. A bell for the beginning of the day, a bell for breaks, a bell for lunch, a bell for going home. A bell to signal a change in tasks you're working on. This follows an autistic schedule, autists like having a scheduled life.

i guarantee you many people would take this any day over the "you can work whatever hours you want (we're just going to assign you more work than you can humanly accomplish without spending your entire life at work)" bullshit most companies pull

Yeah haha lol owned. Any normal person could make the mistake and assume a newly released piece of gaming hardware is worthless trash, dumb idiots lol labbo is the newest and best thing ever.

Video games as a hobby is entirely childish and pathetic, I'm glad you agree.

Nintendo has never been about the actual tech (discounting a few japanese-only prototypes like the SatellaView) and always been focused on the actual games.

Unsurprisingly they're easily the most succesful game company as a result.