Why do so many people on Sup Forums hate Melee?

Is it because it's on a Nintendo console, or just a bunch of FGClards who are very vocal about it?

Dumb Facebookfrog poster.

here we fuckin go....two tasty pieces of bait in one post

>Why do so many people on Sup Forums hate Melee?
Because it's an unbalanced mess that barely has a place as a party game, let alone a professional fighting game tournament.

It's always the same four niggers in the finals. It's like fucking League of Legends, it's guaranteed that the Korean team will win the whole thing every time.

>your girl parents
Ha. Your mom is a dyke.

top pip

It's more like people hate smashfags than the game

Because they're bad lol.
There's literally no other reason. Once you're reasonably familiar with Melee's mechanics it's such an overwhelmingly fun game. It's absurdly fast.

An Appeal to the Commuuuuuunity:
Our niche interest which is mainly dominated by low status white males continues to fail in attracting women. This is clearly because of sexism...

Why is that disc so big?

It would be the same as someone playing Street fighter alpha 2 exclusively and bragging about it, despite other games being in the series.

how about the fact that it has aged like fuckin' milk
or that it is not a real fighting game
or its 4 character roster
how about those stinky retards of a community to boot who are easily the most autistic and elitist of any "FGC."
and lastly, the game is fucking bad. there are plenty of actual fighting games that are just as fast and are much more expressionate in how you play your character.

I love melee as a game it's easily the best super smash bros game made (only from Multiplayer game play perspective) but it has a very annoying, very autistic, Very vocal fanbase that is completely inclusive, cynical and insatiable when it comes to satisfying them with another game. It's like a game that isn't melee can't be good in their eyes. It's just obnoxious.

>aged like milk
In what fucking way? How does it play any worse than it did in 2001?

but it's ok when marvel does it

I mean, you can hate on it all you want but it's pulling in numbers. Smash4 is losing like 9%-13% views each year at its own major events while Melee gains like 1%-3%each year with its own majors. The other FG titles can't even maintain 1k entrants either while both Smash games have peaked at 2k each.

Let's also remember you can't hate Melee for its age since MvC was around for longer.

there are 8 different characters in the top 10

Love Melee. Only other fighting games I’ve ever liked are Tekken (my first) and Soul Calibur. (Also liked DOA3 but it’s not reeeeeally a fighting game)

you people always project and say stuff you wish were true
like "aged like milk" ? it so smooth to play and the tournament scene lasting over a decade proves that

because there is a better smash out stop clinging to the past

>aged like milk

yeah, it doesn't dip below 60fps or have 6+ frames of input lag like other fighters

There really isn’t. I’m casual and smash 4 was ass. I sold my Wii U along with it once I saw the NX writing on the wall. Smash 4 is literally one of the most boring games I’ve ever played. I also hated Brawl. I still play 64 and Melee to this day despite sucking.

Because Melee isn't a fighting game. Even in its vaguest definition it isn't comparable to games like Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Injustice, etc. It's a very different type of game that's never been designed for tournament play.

Look, I played Melee a ton growing up. That doesn't erase the fucking facts.

if this was true everyone would drop melee

I fucking guarantee you that they wouldn't.

there's no reason why anyone wouldn't drop melee if the next smash had proper mechanics instead of the trash introduced in brawl

>two people fighting to the finish
>game is called “Melee” as in fight or skirmish
>high skill ceiling
>no lag
>hardcore fans
>stubborn about hardware
>not a fighting game
You’re pretty dense, man. Super Smash Bros. Melee is a fighting game.

How dare you use Magilou to make such a fucking awful post

Explain to me why sm4ash isn't a better fighting game.

Are you a south american?

Yeah and I can argue that Gone Homo is a videogame using the same arguments.
>player interacting with environment
>is sold on gaming platforms
>requires input to finish
>game critic approval

yada yada yada

That doesn't make it a game anymore than "OH BUT ITS CALLED MELEE" makes Melee a fighting game.

1. Decreased movement options
2. Natural frames of lag
3. Decreased Speed

They are jelly of our success because their games die after 4 or 5 years

>party game
>two buttons
>literally the same 5 characters used in “high level” play
>old as shit
>matches take too long
for fuck sakes why do majors keep supporting this trash? it takes up so much time from other games in the line up, there’s already a newer smash game that in it self takes up too much time why do we don’t need two?

no ones jelly, even Sakurai hates you autismos

>for fuck sakes why do majors keep supporting this trash?
because if it's not the most popular it's definitely a fucking cult-like following of dependable viewers

I mean I don't blame EVO for appealing to an audience but it just sucks that there's such a fucking childish cult around the game

>Because Melee isn't a fighting game

A new genre needs to be created. Platform fighting game maybe?

No jump momentum

Dumbed down

defense options are too strong, combos are far too linear with the exception of 1, maybe 2 characters (bayonetta/shiek), momentum is removed from jumps, neutral game is almost non existent in comparison, slower paced.

It's a lot like SFV compared to IV

It’s not that it’s called Melee
It’s that you f i g h t

You fight in this game.
It is a game about fighting.
1 v 1, 2 v 2, you name it.

You fight until one player is gone, and the other is victorious.

The gameplay consists of fighting.

You get better at the game by getting better at mastering movement, spacing, timing, and inputs.

It’s a fighting game.

>natural frames of lag

Opinion discarded.

Who cares what that chink thinks?, we are here to stay and you virgins better deal with it

I'm sure sakurai hates the dedicated fanbase playing his game 20 years later

>Platform fighting game maybe?
Maybe but I feel like "Party Brawler" is truer to what Smash is. It's a game for group settings with items and fun casual play.

It's not designed for wavedashing.

party game or whatever isn't a genre, it's a classification. Every fighter game is a party game by default

I guess Dark Souls is a fighting game too huh
Oh and 1v1 CoD games are fighting games too huh

after all:

You fight until one player is gone, and the other is victorious.

The gameplay consists of fighting.

You get better at the game by getting better at mastering movement, spacing, timing, and inputs.

It's (Dark Souls, CoD) a fighting game.

>It's a game for group settings with items and fun casual play.
It has the flexibility and options to act as either. You’re ignorant if you choose not to comprehend this obvious indisputable fact.

They're like dotaposters in real life.

Because the Melee scene is full of the spergiest turbo spergs of the Nintendo community, which is already the spergiest video game fandom

FGCweeties just have a short attention span that demands a new animu fighting game every 2-3 years

GET YOUR OWN MAJORS YOU LEECHES STOP TAKING UP SPACE YOU HAVE TWO GAMES

Melee's disc art is so fucking good

I was trying (hard) not to be rude, but you’re too stupid to reason with. You’re a dumbass user. You’re like really, really stupid. You’re the shitposter version of the Channel 4 lady who got decimated by Jordan Peterson. “So you’re saying” “So you’re saying”

There’s nothing left for me to do but pity you.

Asking the real questions

i'd like to hear your definition of a fighting game

Your arguments are shit and unconvincing.

wow wee epic way to prove him wrong and take the higher ground, good job kiddo
here’s some gold!

smashfag SEETHING
Dark Souls at evo when?

I love how nobody got anything on this.

Very convincing retort.

Solely the tournament scene

>GET YOUR OWN MAJORS

We have a bunch of them, yet they beg us to assist to evo.

Melee is the only game that really makes money rain from the sky

I'm not going to define a fighting game, because no definition will fit any creative work. But you can't tell me that in a lineup consisting of Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Dragonball FighterZ, Injustice, etc. that Smash belongs. If you were asking fucking 5th Graders to spot "which one is different from the others" they would fucking point out Smash because it's not a fucking fighting game in the tradition.

but marvel IS a fucking fighter first
not a party game first like smash

When I first played smash, and any smash games. I barely did anything except roll to the left or right and spam the analogue stick.
am I pro

I remember when the Pope said this to Gallileo.

because the scene is rotting at its core. Its always the same people who win tournaments, and there's an aura of hero worship within the community that is not present anywhere in the FGC. Its okay for hbox to not play friendlies, and its okay for Armada to drop out of a tournament because his controller is acting like everyone else's. Melee is being played on controllers that are falling apart, on TVs that are disappearing, with consoles that cant last forever. Theres only so many things you can swap out before it ceases being the game you started playing.

like yours was any better ,faggot

desu Dark Souls would be a better fit at EVO than Smash because at least Dark Souls 2/3 has some design for competitive play

it's the melee players, the fgc has a lot of people who went to arcades and stuff, so it's not very autistic while the melee players are like the typical people who like video games.

Wasn’t me.

The community for it is the problem. The game is fine but the players for it are obnoxious and think their 16 year old game is the greatest thing ever and treat the pro players for it with obsessive worship.

I just want Smash players to stay away from real fighting games and real fighting game discussion. I don't care what else they do, I'm just tired of trying to discuss fighters only for a smelly Smash lardass to come in and interject with a bunch of completely wrong info and ridiculous Smash comparisons/analogies, embarrassing themselves.

so a in order to be a fighting game it has to have the same style of gameplay, in both 'KO' moves, control scheme, controller used, monthly patches screwing the meta over?
a game doesn't have to play like tekken or street fighter to be a fighting game. yeah of course melee plays different, but it's lasted than 80% of all FGC games.

Keep crying. We are here to stay for another 10 years at least

this

This
We'll let you capboys have two games when we're done

because its boring as fuck and built for normalfags at parties

Open question:

Would you include Splatoon at a shooter tournament for Call of Duty, Overwatch, etc.?

I like melee. I've had lots of good times with it. I don't hate it at all. It's just the sheer autism of hanging onto the game in a competitive sense that irks me. There's like 3 characters that have a shot of winning. You have to use an emulator to play online (aka practice) because the game is so old. Sm4sh hate comes completely from autism, the game is fine. Basically if you're that into melee you're just a gigantic faggot no matter what, no one should be dying on that hill. Video games aren't serious business. It's a lot like those fucking queers that still play WoW. That part of your life is over and it isn't coming back, move on and re enter society.

A fighting game has a neutral consisting of both players trying to poke and control space, a wakeup game wherein one player is forced into a defensive position and is at the other's mercy, and corner or equivalent enclosure that limits the extent to which a player can forfeit ground or run away. Many games that are not traditionally considered fighting games can fall under this loose set of guidelines, Dark Souls PvP being among them, but that doesn't make them -good- fighting games. Melee is a nontraditional platform-based fighting game which, due to the sum of its mechanics, plays out in many ways parallel to a more standard game in the genre as opposed to being a complete mess like the aforementioned Dark Souls or For Honor.

Yes.

you already know the answer these nintendies are gonna say, so I’ll be the first to say no

this was always wrong, but since you simps are eternally butthurt, you will keep posting it

no, because its an objective based game and you all HATE objectives in ANY fps. you just want K/D dicksucking matches, faggot and that ONLY works in fucking arena FPS, like UT99 and Q3A

Yes he does.
He wants to sell new games, thats his job, not the same 5 autists playing an unnoficial Nintendo tournament the game doesnt even let a profit anymore.

>call of duty and overwatch are like, so distinguished comparatively

Don't even like splatoon but the question was essentially would you pee if the toilet already had poop in it.

go to see a doctor, they may help you with your low-test

Most of the good players even in good scenes have jobs and lives outside of melee. This pertains to tons of popular FGC titles aswell. Going to a shit ton of locals adds up quickly for money unless you are a top dog and actually wining everything and even then its pretty paltry money. FGC/Smash are full of normalfags.

>You have to use an emulator to play online (aka practice) because the game is so old.
I don't even care about the rest of your post, I just want to know why this is a bad thing

They used to have a wide variety of old games and consoles on CRTs at my local con. Now every CRT is hooked up to a Gamecube with smelly Smash players all over it. Fuck Smash.

>mfw meleefags boast about how consistent top players are (protip its not a good thing it means theres something wrong with the game itself)

There's a reason why true fighting games like street fighter don't have consistent placings. Nobody wants to see the same 5 people win everything. Why are they so retarded, bros?

I've never played Smash Brothers, they all look like shit

People who don't know the first thing about SF are gonna meme and shitpost at you out of retardation and damage control but you're right.

Obligation Fighter V sure but the older Street Fighter games usually had the same people winning the events don't delude yourself.