Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal is fun. FUN!

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal is fun. FUN!

The best ratchet and clank game too

Bumping please talk about this game

no

being a big boy means realising the original is the best
The only flaw you can give it is no strafing, but all the enemies were designed around this

It had more levels and paths than 3, a betters story, better art, more diverse gadgets and weapons, better difficulty

>more paths
>when almost every planet was a linear path just like 2 and 3
1 being the best is not true

I agree, R&C1 is an amazing game.

>was a linear path
It was two linear paths, user. It's different.

I'll give you five minutes... To prove that.

1 and 2 had super cool interesting weapons
3 and Deadlocked (though the former was better) had incredibly fun online multiplayer.

The shotgun in 3 turns out to be utter shit.

Going Commando is still the best in the series I would say.

It kept the diverse level design of the original game with a far better lineup of weapons and ship combat.

UYA didn't really have anything over GC except online play.

IMO 2 > 3 > 1. 2 carries a *lot* of flaws that are fixed in 3 of course, but those are the kinds of spots I had the most fun. I liked mining desert/snow crystals (spamming shield generator makes the snowbeasts much more tolerable), and they didn't quite know what they were doing pacing-wise; this is especially evident in planets like the shipping crate place, where the enemy armor skyrockets and that crab charges you 48k bolts for an infobot.

I guess it swung more like a pendulum than the other games; the good parts were REALLY good - like the arenas, but the bad parts like the final boss and giant Clank segments could be abysmal. 3 was more consistent, but doesn't have as many moments I remember fondly.

It pains me that they never made a game that just took all the best pieces of the original three games and merged them all.
The PS3 games feel like extensions of Up Your Arsenal and replace a lot of the well-structured linear paths with more open areas and way more shooting galleries and they move almost completely away from the satirical consumerism vibe the original games' universe has, in favor of the big important cinematic stuff, like that shit about Ratchet being the last of his kind but not really but they're also in a different dimension.

the PS3 games are fucking Pixar bullshit, it's sad

Tools of Destruction depressed me

>almost every planet was a linear path just like 2 and 3
WRONG
pretty much every planet in the first game had 2 or 3 paths

Ratchet 1 was the least linear

Damn, 3 always did feel shorter to me. Had no idea it was by that much.

What are the pros and cons of the PS4 reboot? I liked the ps2 games but I don't mind if they modernized it as long as it's an all around good game

What ideas do you have to improve Ratchet, or things you would like to see

>Weapon levels should be upgraded through things you find (like gold bolts)
upgrading through weapon usage means you end up using a weapon even when its not the most suitable thing for the situation, just because you want it upgraded
this also removes grinding and makes exploration much more rewarding
Also the micro managing for piddly little upgrades on the rareatanium grid is cancer. If you get rid of that and only have like 3 levels then each level can be a huge noticeable difference

I would also like to see more platforming and more use of wall jumping and ledge holding

Less horribly boring clank sections(id like some stealth platforming sections instead, were you go past a group of enemies you cant kill to open a door, then you can come in as ratchet and waste all the people that were just giving you trouble)

More use of gadget in conjunction with weapons, like being able to shoot whilst hanging from your grapple ala Uncharted. Or shooting whilst rail grinding.

less worlds but the worlds are bigger and feel more alive.

an actually good online mode for once

I actually liked the weapon upgrade system, it forced me to use weapons I would not use otherwise because I thought they were bad, even if they were not.

> it forced me to use weapons I would not use otherwise
how did it do that?
it does the opposite. You use a weapon you like because you want to see it upgraded, then once its upgraded its more powerful than your other weapons and so you keep using that

Is there a more faggy way to write an OP?

Not the guy you replied to but it didn't work out like that for me. I always upgraded a weapon and then moved on to another one. The problem for me was that I rarely used a weapon after I upgraded it.

I can't remember which game had this (It was probably the first one), but those long, elaborate levels that take place in some kind of tunnel and usually link back in some way are fun. It was almost like a dungeon in some sense, and the sci-fi theme worked well here. I haven't played an R&C game since Size Matters, but if they kept making levels like that I'd be happy.

Once you learned how to lag jump and such in RaC3's multiplayer it was really fun, the community was small but cool.
when your friend tells you about the secret t-bag stat in stats and it's true

Actually have momentum. It really bothered me when I played it that there was pretty much fixed movement speeds for everything.

Deadlocked is secretly the best in the series

i liked the ps3 games. the humor was still there, and the og games weren't just satire and nothing more.

never liked the multiplayer, lag jumps just mean you jump past people rather than engaging in gun fights
big empty maps
emphasis on vehicles which is retarded
shooting ai turrets and bots

they don't have soundtracks composed by David Bergeaud after tools of destruction, though

ah fuck me i fucked it

But user, everyone likes generic orchestral scores!

Agree with these two posts a lot.
R&C would be nearly perfect if they did all of these things

which is the best ratchet and clank game for the vita except the collection?

isnt the only other vita game FFA and i guess size matters on PSP mode

They weren't bad scores, they just didn't have the uniqueness that David brought to the table.

There are no good Ratchet games on the Vita, besides the collection.