What do you think of the ace combat franchise good or bad?

What do you think of the ace combat franchise good or bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-84931&page=top
youtube.com/watch?v=CGR9gv1KHTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just emulated the ps2 trilogy

now i want more

AC7 pls

I love the AC games
They need to hurry up and release 7

I think where the fuck is AC7 fuck this wait

thanks for triggering me, All I saw was pic related.

Fuck. This. Boss.

The only hard stage of AC6 all the aces against you and a fucking huge plane shooting missiles

Try ac5 and mission "the white bird (part ll)

Better question, where is AC7?

>Vogel drones had the highest speed and smallest turn ratios in game

Never played the Ace Combat games but I've always wanted to get into this series for the longest time.

What consoles do I need? I have a PS3/4 and a nice PC

Insta boner

PS2 for the holy trinity, 4 emulates ok and 5 and 0 emulate perfectly.
3 was for PS1 but if you wanna play it, download the japanese version and get the english patch, it's much better
6 is ok, but a 360 exclusive, but its not super important
ignore assault horizon
the earlier games are fun too
ps3 had infinity, but its shutting down soon so dont bother.

Perfect

The series is derivative gameplay wise and the writing is not very good.

If you like Ace Combat you guys should check out the movie Sky Crawlers
I'm pretty casual when it comes to anime and hate weeaboo shit but this movie is great

It's a good series, I don't like how it feels like much of the customization has been boiled out as time goes on.
I really don't play it for the spectacle.

In short, I like what it represents but I've fallen out of the series.

AC7 is getting delayed, isnt it?

Watch Area 88 and Yukikaze.

F-22 is less nicer than F-15 and you cant refute this
I hate ugly shape for stealth

More good than bad. I'm hopeful for AC7.

>CUM HISTORIA

Am I the only one that thinks of the Aero Fighters Assault boss Spriggan when I see this?

No one can refute this.
The F-15 is a sexy, sexy, sexy plane.

And every time they upgrade it, it gets even sexier.

The F-22 looks like its little cousin trying to cosplay as it.

>Dude AC7 is coming out this year
>except it isn't lol
just give us a date god damn it

Give me my Mig-21 back, AC.

>amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-SCL2-84931&page=top
Call it edgy or whatever, but Razgriz colours are sexy as fuck.

the movie was an hour and 43 minutes of psuedo-philosophical bullshit and nonsense and 17 minutes exactly of actual interesting scenes

oshii is a hack

I better get this color scheme in DCS

What idols do you want to see on the planes?

this guy

If they make anything for my girl that's a day 1 DLC buy for me.
Hibiki or Takane are also good.

Ryo!

The one and only, of course.

Comparing any other aircraft to the King is unfair user.

My absolute nigger

>The Chandelier level
>LMAO ITS TIME FOR A DEATHSTAR TRENCH RUN

Harada get the fuck out there and tell them to announce a release date.

Serious question; I played like 3 or so games on ps1 but there was literally no story whatsoever, was I playing some bootlegs or what? Why is everyone talking about characters and shit?

1 and 2 had no real story, and 3 had the story cut in the non-japanese versions. Everything after that is heavily story based

When can I burn osea?

i don't think about it, do i get to destroy those big flying thingies?

yes you can

>do i get to destroy those big flying thingies?
Yes. Ace Combat is all about your opponent having crazyass superweapons and you finding a way to blow them up.

will i be able to create my own character? will i be forced into a straight relationship?

I don't think anyone is, the F-15 is perfect.

Best AC is AC3 and I'm glad 7 will be its prequel

>3 had the story cut in the non-japanese version

you create your character in your imagination

BELKA DID NOTHING WRONG

shoo shoo

>will i be forced into a straight relationship?
No, you will be forced to babysit a rei-clone autist who likes birds and/or peace

i guess i'll buy the game then.

tfw flying through the Aigaion at max throttle

3's story was incredibly ambitious too, 50+ missions across 5 unique paths that all feature completely different storylines and characters
and not one where Fiona and Cynthia can live happily together

But X was it's prequel, it was full of prototype GR and Neucom planes
In 3 and Zero you can choose different paths and/or playstyles, and the characters will talk differently about your personality

im surprised by the fact that 6 looks so damn good today despite being on a 360

>6 is ok
bruh 6 had the best gameplay in the entire series, with more units on screen than most RTS's and god-tier particle and smoke effects that made dogfights feel massive

Stealth can be beautiful

That's not stealth, that's outrunning the radar

Drones in general for AC5 were utter bullshit. Ace mode against the Scinfaxi with a gimped plane is fucking painful with those shitty drones.

why is there a red drum inside the engine

I like both, just because one maintains the basic wing structure doesn't it make it automatically superior. I'd rather have another SR-71 mission though.

Anybody played this?

i don't understand how they came from 6's engine from AH's engine.
i couldn't even play infinity, other than the FTP aspect, but because the engine looked so ugly compared to 6

>paths
Only 3 had a story that actually changed depending on your choices. 0 just gave you aces that were different depending on the rank you decide to play as.

I think the engines along with all the secret stuff were taken out before the plane was delivered to the museum.

>Input delay and radar lock: the game

Absolutely amazing.

Chinese jets in Ace Combat when? I want to fucking destroy those shitboxes.

>tfw never got the idol plane I wanted in Infinity

>radar lock: the game
...so ace combat?

I want to fuck the F-15 desu

It hurts dude. What was her name?

AC6 is one endless radar lock warning. Far more than any games before or since.

Makoto

Sky Rogue is a lot of fun but youll run out of content in about 20 hours. Good workshop support though.

PSP games were fun

Not my personal favorite, but still a good choice.
They're all good choices.

X was great but Joint Assault can eat a bag of dicks. Fuck that mission where you have to fly a 747 through a ravine with a thousand SAM's.

I love them, first series i ever got into and i played since Air Combat.

Best games are 3 and 4. 3 is the height of the series in terms of mission structure and variety and 4 is the height of the series in terms of narrative and mechanics. The formula was getting stale by 0 and they had to do something, it's a shame they did AH but going back to it is not a real solution in my opinion. Then again it did basically skip a gen so maybe that's enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=CGR9gv1KHTQ

What's wrong with that? It's a side effect of having hundreds of enemies out for your blood, do you also complain that a game like Serious Sam is a game all about holding S and LMB?

When does Infinity end? I need to play the fuck out of it before it’s too late

End of next month.

>2 to Zero and maybe the PSP games
Great.
>everything else
Shit.

I just like Ace Combat more when I'm not spending 20 minutes of a mission going defensive. It messes up the flow of combat for me. Older ACs managed big battles that didn't feel like clusterfucks pushing the mechanics past their logical points.

>units on screen
Ace Combat is supposed to look like a sim but without getting autistic about the controls and whatnot, it's not supposed to be an outright arcade shmup.

Most of the missions in 3 were pretty short though, and 4, while having a great story, never really felt as nuanced in terms of it's narrative and themes as Zero was in my opinion (though it was far deeper than 5 which was bollywood-tier)

>4 emulates ok and 5 and 0 emulate perfectly.
I had the other experience, outside of black plane for 4 and third person causing slowdown which you shouldn't be using anyway

>it's not supposed to be an outright arcade shmup.

>air combat

How new are you?
It's LITERALLY ace combat

The second the game tries to become a boring ass sim I'm dropping the series. Arcade games will always be better then some shitty flying simulator. You must be German

>it's not supposed to be an outright arcade shmup
And it isn't, because the missions in 6 are made up of several operations each one roughly the size of a mission in the PS2 games. It makes large sorties actually feel large, with multiple combined-arms battles that makes missions feel like you're just a single unit in a massive war (despite the fact that you have 500 missiles). It only feels like a shmup when you're the only combatant, which only happens in 1-2 missions

You still carry 99 missiles and can easily lose missiles just by brake turning.

like every ace combat?

It's not, Ace Combat didn't start until AC2.

It's all about finding a balance between the two of them, you fool.

Yeah, if only it was like the realistic PS2 games where you carry 85 missiles and easily lose missiles by turning.

Air Combat, known as Ace Combat (エースコンバット Ēsu Konbatto) in Japan

Infinity closes down in less of a month