The fun stops here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zq8eJY3uEbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YOU CAN GO AROUND

>The framerate stops here

>drops to sub 15 fps on ps3
What did FromSoft mean by this?

Upper Blighttown is one of my favorite places to invade. Surprisingly still a lot of people go through it and most of them are obviously new.

Face it Sup Forums, Dark Souls 1 had some of the worst individual areas and levels in the entire series.

Argue about which games are holistically the best all you like, but with very few exceptions, no levels in DS2 or DS3 were as bad as Blightown, or Demon Ruins. Even DS3's swamp level was more interesting and varied than Blighttown.

Favorite area in the game.
The only way it could be improved is to have the blow dart dudes respawn.

The only part of DS1 that was really bad was the vertical, pitch black entrance into the Tomb of Giants.
Blighttown never dropped below 45fps on my PC, wasn't that bad at all.

git gud

poorfags

It wasn't on PC when I first played it.

But I fucking love Blighttown. Honestly I was really intimidated by how people argued that it was hell on earth, but it wasn't bad at all.

Dark Souls is super fucking fun from beginning to Anor Londo. For some it might sound like a meme at this point because of how often this is said on Sup Forums, but Anor Londo (which is where the game peaks really) it just does downhill.

DaS3 is the only game that feels complete and focused from beginning to end.

after Anor Londo it just goes downhill*
fuck

Blighttown is fine after you get rid of those toxic dart fuckers.

>anor londo

anor londo was pretty fucking lazy lol

Dude just sprint forward.

Blighttown is my favorite part of the game. It's the area that felt the most like some trecherous adventure imo.

Anor Londo is the highest point in the game of course it all goes downhill after
>hurr tomb of kings, firelink shrine, seath cave

these comics were funny as heck

Fun does end at blighttown but picks back up at Sens Funhouse

Sen Fortress felt more treacherous for me, yet pretty straightforward. Blighttown is just a bitch and I like it

I honestly find Anor Londo harder, followed that area in Tomb of the Giants with the dog-skeleton-things.

Blighttown was hell for me because I was fucking retarded.
After getting used to the bullshit toxic I found a spot where I could jump to another platform and I thought I was being smart because I found a shortcut. Only later did I find out that I was a fucking moron, it wasn't a shortcut, and it actually fucked me over because that jump only made me skip the bonfire on the bridge.

The *only* reason Blighttown ever became a
meme was because of the absolutely horrendous framerate drops on early versions. It's a very nicely designed area with a ton of interesting views and secrets.

Dark Souls up until lord vessel is 10/10, then 8/10 the rest of the game. Izalith is the only real disappointment. DLC is also 10/10.

If by 'funny as heck' you mean not funny at all than I agree.

Yeah the only reason I could barely beat it back in the day is that it would drop to 15 fps on the ps3

I honest to god didn't mind Blighttown at all.
Once I realized I was getting hit from ranged I started to hold my shield out, keep and eye out, roll to walls or other barriers that would prevent me from getting hit, etc, etc. It was a bit tedious the first time but not really hard. I died like maybe three times to the dart blowers.
I honest to god had WAY WAY more issues with

Dude, fun stops at asylum. It starts after O&S.

>You will never go to the magical land of Anal Rodeo for the first time ever again
>Never feel the panic as the flying ass demons swoop down and rape you up to Anor Lando

Complaining about blighttown is like bitching about the water temple from OoT. It's not that hard, especially when you kill the toxic blowdart people that DON'T respawn.

You must have missed the 1-15 fps days

is there a reason they don't respawn?

Devs knew how annoying they were. Anything especially awful doesn't respawn. Like the pigs

huh. i thought it would be something lore related but it turns out from are just inconsistent with their rules. sad.

It's inconsistent but they've been doing this since demon's souls.

>tfw consolefag
>always took master key because I couldn't deal with 10fpstown
>will finally be able to ditch the master key when the remaster drops

I'm hoping we can get a locked 60fps on PS4. I'm not holding my breath.

blight town is great
lost izalith is great
catacombs are great
crystal caves are alright

Dukes archive, the catacombs, the painted world and other places are actually fun. Sounds like the "hurr das1 is only good for the first half" meme is propagated by shitters and autists. But this is Sup Forums after all. DaS3 sucks ass though, stop being blinded by the pretty graphics.

Or you know, I just have an opinion that differs from yours. But yeah this is Sup Forums after all, full of autists like you that can't grasp this concept.

you do that for free you know

>full of autists
lawl you are the embodiment of that comic of stick figures on a train thinking everyone is a sheep

Hes right though ds3 is fucking garbage on every aspect save for matchmaking
Even ds2 is better

never had an issue with these guys

i had way too hard of a time with blighttown though

I fully grasp that your opinion is shit tier and that you're a nu-souls fan.

Ds3 also has the most stale PVP of all of them. At least in 1 a couple strategies worked

Is there any choice if you don't take the skeleton key?

>couple
2 strategies? LAWWWWWWWWWWL.

>das3 pvp
>ROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLL

Honestly I never skip Blight Town, but that's mostly because my framerate is always decent.

You're subscribing to the brainlet meme of DS1
Reconsider or be labelled an idiot

Blighttown is well designed. The only reason the "Blighttown sucks" circle jerk exists is because of console peasants

>mfw when I got stuck at the upper level of Blight Town for a fucking month
>that feeling of finally escaping up the escalator and seeing the sunshine

Fuck that level, but holy shit man

That's stupid
Peiple obviously didn't walk on the buttreses. You're taking the only available route which happens to go off path

>because of console peasants
thats what it looks like. when you get down to the bare bones of what people are trying to say. its that they had shitty FPS. thats the only fucking reason. fuck do i hate console users and the way they communicate.

Katatas, giant dad, big axe, stealth, glaive, lucerne, scythe. All worked.

I was stuck in tomb of the giants for 5 fucking days trying to figure out how to get out of there when I first played.
Seeing the sunshine after being down there for so long was something I can't quite describe.

I played DaS1 recently on PS3 and didn't have that many problems with the frame rate to be honest. Was the unpatched Blighttown much worse or something?

>giving a shit about PVP
people like you are the asscrack of the fanbase

>r1 hits?
>y R1 till you win (You are using meta dark knight sword right? if not you lose)
>Miss? rollrollrollrollrollrollrollroll

Unpatched was 1-15 fps. It's almost like none of you read the thread or something.

Anyone bitching about Blighttown hasn't trudged through Valley of Defilement

why do i feel like you are a few posts away from raging about something

not if you are invading b_b

No you can't.

>game comes out exclusive for ps3 for a year
It's a console game foremost. It was released for PC because it became popular.

>fire bombs
>kunais
>dung pies
>explosive crossbow bolts
>lightning jars
>lunging or jumping attacks
>boss weapon arts
>chaos pillar, force, sacred flame or black flame

There's plenty of ways to deal with rolling in DS3, even if it is annoying as fuck

Hating peasants is justified.

Do people even count crystal caves as a proper area? You don't need to fight anything and the path is easy to remember/feel out

I never had an issue with Blighttown. VALLY OF DEFILEMENT THOUGH...

>not giving a shit about pvp

No one cares what you think pleb.

their presence would make coming back UP nearly impossible.

DaS1 was released in NA for Xbox/Playstation at the same time. What are you talking about?

>ROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLL
>CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG
>ROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLL

>because of console peasants
What are you talking about? It's a console peasant game foremost before all the PC fixes. How is this hard for you to comprehend?

>Valley of Defilement

stay fucking mad, faggot

DaS games have always been PvE/PvP hybrid games and your bitching does not change that

fucking kek

DaS1. There's just nothing like it.

>Not using hunter talismans
Also if you get the timing down you can interrupt estus with firebombs. lightning jars, or even certain weapon arts.

>game comes out exclusive for ps3 for a year
I was referencing this, how hard is that for you to comprehend?

dark souls 1 despite being my favorite is easily the worst souls game

>tfw getting stunlocked by the blowdart guys near the firekeeper soul
didn't even know that was possible, what a mess

It's not "hard" in the traditional sense it's just annoying and tedious, 15 fps poison + toxic and super small walkways. It's like skinning your own food before you cook it isn't "hard" by why the fuck would you do it if you don't have to?

No I have. Youre not at 10 fps and all of the bosses are fucking push overs.
The only tedious part is the final run but you have to be literally retarded to die to garl so you just have to do it one time.

My fun starts here
youtube.com/watch?v=zq8eJY3uEbM

go to valley of drakes from the basin

Mustard race faggots who came to the party late and started screaming about muh fashion souls PVP will always be subhumans whose opinions are irrelevant.