WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?!

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched-mode_power_supply
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imagine if you had more than one TV, and wanted to have the ability to play the switch on them at any time without moving everything. You buy this and the dock (strange how they are separate but people will still pay for them) and have it hooked up to another TV so all you need to do is move the switch and not the whole fucking dock.

Isn't that just a USB-C though, or does the switch use some sort of proprietary adapter?

What's the issue I'm looking at here?

It's USB c
I got a $30 portable dock on Amazon, works fucking great

>Isn't that just a USB-C though, or does the switch use some sort of proprietary adapter?

It's USB-C. But in docked mode the Switch can pull 15 fucking volts at 2.6 amps. Most USB-C things will push like 5 volts

What's preventing nintendo from doing this?

the prongs are close enough to the top where in most cases, you can probably just plug it in to the bottom. Or an extension, never even thought of this to be an issue. Now a DS charger..

portable devices don't need to be grounded if that's what you mean

Plug it in the bottom outlet. Buy a cheap ass power strip if it's truly an issue

I'm so glad I bought a pack of these to tame those disgusting bricks

oooooooh I see

That's brilliant actually

I have one, let’s me me play switch in bed and keep the dock in the living room. It isn’t that expensive either so it is not like you are paying some huge premium over another USB c adapter. Some of us have disposable income and are pretty lazy.

I'm legitimately angry that more people don't mention that the Switch having an all in one charger and power cord severely diminishes the "switch" aspect of it.
The commercials never showed the snappy millennial digging behind his fucking television stand in order to get the Switch unplugged so he can take it on the plane with him. If anything they specifically show the hip millennial walk away from the Switch, power cord still in place.

rip vita

nigger it's usb c normalfags just use their phone charger for it but I just use the pro controller's cord when I want to play in bed

>rip
You need to be alive to die.

If this is normal ass shit why the hell do I have to go get one myself?

Pretty much my exact thought process.

because you're on here you autistic Sup Forumsirgin

Nintendo are lazy arrogant dumb fucks and they get away with it because their customers are shiteating soynormies who let them

Fuck me that's clever, what would you call that?

6inch extension cords. Cheap as hell.

God, that fucking brick was always a pain in the ass to make space for.

My phone uses a USB C, so I can just use that on the go if my switch ever dies. Is no big deal.

ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL

What, like the iphone x? My phones like 2-3 years old and doesn't have that.

I don't get it. It's just a USB C generic charger, and the switch does come with one, it's not like the 3DS where they stopped giving you one.

Iphone uses lightning charger, won't work. I have a samsung that uses the C, they look something similar

Following standards.

This looks useless a fuck.

>Plugging your electronics directly into the wall instead of a surge-protected board

A full metal surge protector that doesn't come from china is ok, but i think you meant UPS.

It's pretty tall yeah but it's also thin on the sides so I can plug all my shit in beside it. I use power strips that got individual switches and have the outlets on sideways though, so your case may be different

>If this is normal ass shit why the hell do I have to go get one myself?
What the christ? Literally all my portable electronic devices including my cellphone use that kind of usb

>You buy this and the dock (strange how they are separate but people will still pay for them)

If you buy the dock it comes with everything. If you're gonna shitpost, do some research.

>buy Switch power brick for my daily 30 minute play session that my girlfriend lets me have
>too chunky to fit in the outlet so I take it apart and just directly plug my Switch into the mains without a transformer
>my Switch explodes
>shrapnel in my eyes
>shrapnel on my hands
>I was playing it naked so there's shards of plastic lodged in my dick
>my ears won't stop ringing with the sound of "BING BING"
>girlfriend's boyfriend walks in and laughs at me
>girlfriend is angry because I made a mess on the nice lounge

FUCKING NINTENDO
I tried putting soy milk on the wounds to try and sooth them but it just made it burn more!

>using phone chargers for your Switch

Switch will charge 1% per hour and you won't be able to play while charging either.

implying

He's right though. Phone chargers put out 5 volts. Switch wants at least 15

> americuck “plugs”

Nintendo is the Apple of gaming. They do dumb shit and get away with it because they have products you can't get anywhere else

The Switch adapter needs to be xbox hueg because it pulls a lot of power in order to run better while docked

the soy milk line was taking it too far

6/10

This right here is why i hate every old person who doesnt understand why their phones and tablets arent charging so it must be broken and deserving of an RMA

That's not how voltage works user.

It's exactly how voltage works, retard. Look at the back of your phone charger adapter some time. It'll give you an input, and an output. If you're a burger, it'll say the input is about 110v, and the output will be 5v.
Honestly how do you think voltage works?

It's Type-C with USB-PD. All you need to do is get any charger with the PD spec, like the Pixel 2 charger. I don't know what OP is bitching about.

Power is voltage times current.
Yes, a device has a certain voltage that it expects, but a 5v 200mA charger isn't going to charge a big device worth shit whereas a 5v 5A charger will do quite nicely.

I'm not the one saying the switch "pulls" 15 volts.

Your switch will brick in due time.

Not up for debate.

Because it does

your shitty chinkphone will deliver that, the pixel charger will work

same for the iphone fast charger or the macbook one

Fuck, call me retarded then. I failed you Voltaire.

Nah that was pretty funny. Drink bleach namefag scum.

idiot

No you fucking idiot, the switch only takes in 15 volts as a compensation measure when docked to up the clock speed on the chipset. When undocked it uses 5 volts and up to 2.5 amps (depending on your charger's interface) just like any phone or tablet.

did someone shit in your hot pocket again?

B R I C C

How much of an idiot do you need to be to actually need a replacement for the one that comes with the Switch?

How dumb? Dumb enough to buy a Switch in the first place!

Except Vita was not originally intended to plug into a TV. It was purely optional after firmware udpate.
Also, no one even mentioned Vita until your salty ass did, you fucking toddler. Go get raped and your throat slashed.

samefag

Kek

so what the superior surge protector layout side by side plugs or vertically stacked?
I feel like half my appliances like my router and modems plugs are made for the vertical as they both sort of occupy space sideways but my switch and my usb hub and my sega all take up space below themselves.

Brainlet here, can somebody explain what the fuck you are bitching about in this thread?
I still don't get it, but apparently everyone else does. Is it because the charger is too big or something?

The only thing I think Australia has ever done right is wall plug design. Safe and secure. American plugs fall out too easily.

Mostly the way adapters work today.
It used to be a heavy iron core surrounded by copper wire that would directly lower to voltage from 220 or 110v to whatever the device was using and then smooth it out.

You also needed different sizes and coil widings for different voltages and utility frequency. So it used to be a UK Power Supply wouldn't work in Italy for example.

Today we use
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched-mode_power_supply

They work on anything. And are significantly smaller.

The Switch never even uses 15V at 2.6A, that's fucking dumb. It maxes out at 17W when playing BotW docked. Just use any PD charger that can supply at least 9V/2A.

Yeah, And that On/Off Switch that almost every plug has is nice as fuck

Our switch is nice. Firm fit, impossible to put in upside down and not excessively over-designed or bulky.

kek

But as far as their concerned standards don't exist because they're """unique""".
>You can back up your saves on PS1

On a memory card? Never heard of this feature.

seething

Yeah, memory cards were physical. If you lost it, it's on you. At least your saves still exist if your PS2 breaks, or if you get a new PS2 you don't need to get a data transfer cable.
I just really don't want to put up with Nintendo moves nowadays.

This is what Sup Forums has come to. This post reeks of reddit.

I mean, it's a passable green text. I like some of the delivery of the jokes. 6/10 like the other user said.

Would of been better without the whole girlfriend boyfriend soymilk thing

did it trigger you, child of the soy?

Yes

Not that user, but soyposting is bad taste. A year from now it will be seen as some of the most cringe trash-posting. It's just the short-term topical meme.
>beards are feminine apparently
>someone disagreed with me, haha soylent

I'm surprised how it isn't considered that already.
Honestly the dumbest thing this place ever perpetuated. Like you would ever need a greater example of a whole board projecting via memes.

Soyposting is the new cuckposting. It'll fall out of fashion eventually.

Nah it gets worse. Console wars wojaks. The only good one is the Atari wojak. Jive turkeys, the lot of them.

Switch is my first USB-C device, all my phones before used Micro USB

uh, am i being memed?

Nothing "needs" to be grounded.

He's meming you not. Get an extention cable with a surge protector unless you want to see your console or PC fried one day the electricity cuts off.
Even worse if you're outside the US and electricity is at 240V.

Fuck off AVGN. Go shave your head you fucking cuck

What's the problem?

The two pronged ones are more likely to disconnect. I have a 240 volt one with 2 circular prongs, keeps falling off unless it's face down on an extension cable.

>I don't have a cell phone

>Phones tend to be charged through USB
>Connect through a wall through USB into wall outlet adapter
>Allows you to move it to a new location without digging behind the TV first and realizing your awful cable management

EU