You guys like DoTA 2 right? It seems like it doesn't get much criticism on here, at least not as much as Oversoy, LoL...

You guys like DoTA 2 right? It seems like it doesn't get much criticism on here, at least not as much as Oversoy, LoL, HoTS PuBG etc.

Ok. What is the point of this thread?

I didn't really like the new map changes so I stopped but I've been playing less and less for a long time anyway.
Now I play Heroes of the Storm.

People on Sup Forums either bandwagon and shit on the whole genre or play Dota
It's objectively the deepest, most balanced, and most varied one

A bad game that got steadily worse over time.
I only stuck around because my friends played it like zombies.
No, it's on the same level as the others. Don't kid yourself, you've never played the game.

This. HotS is breddy good for a couple 20~ minute matches before work. Games don't take a lot of investment and so far they've been running me with free loot boxes that come with multiple items. Kinda making me want to go back to Dota tho for more if the mechanics.

>No, it's on the same level as the others.
No its not.

>Don't kid yourself, you've never played the game.
Why are you talking about yourself?

it's because Sup Forums likes to shit on popular things and Dota has been losing steam for a while. shitting on dota doesn't really make you contrarian enough for Sup Forums

It's pretty shameful to admit I was once like yourself. I remember seeing that screenshot in a very different light. Now, that screenshot is hilariously reflective of the playerbase's insecurity. As far as bragging rights go (lmfao), Dota is literal fucking 3rd world tier

>I have no evidence and all my shitty contrarian opinions are facts
0/10

>dota beta gets annouced by valve.
>all these poser nerds on Sup Forums prove they suck at dota.
>waah waah assfaggots and f2p will destroy video games.
>enter 4-6 year domination period of p.c gaming
>Fighting game comes out. All these poser autist's wont admit they gargle cum at PVP games.

I think alot of Sup Forums are turn based and mmo's gamers because these kids couldn't adapt to actual humans, its sad how bad Sup Forums has been and always will be at PVP. Why do you think the autists on this site wet themselves over shitty pve games?

>It seems like it doesn't get much criticism on here

christ, did you just get here last thursday?

it shits all over every other mobas but mobas in general after the warcraft map are fucking shit. also kys OP newfag

Dotards!

What evidence are you asking for exactly? That I blew over 7000 hours (DotA 1 included) on this game? Sooner or later, you'll also see the reality of it. The more you play the game, the more you become aware of it's flaws. Valve took the game and changed it to be more appealing to the new/majority playerbase, but all it did was make the older players leave.
But at the end of the day, if I really had an honest opinion, the game was always just a "for fun" kind of game, not very fulfilling. Valve is not exactly at fault for their patching decisions from a business standpoint, but it backfired. Bad.

Sorry, "I played the game and I don't like it anymore" is not evidence against professional player testimony, the presence of actual mechanics that undeniably make the game deeper, and better balance as shown by professional pick/ban rates across the character pools in both games.

When your argument is "I don't like dota anymore," just say you don't like dota anymore instead of transforming your disdain for the game into incorrect bullshit about where it stands with the rest of the genre.

>Dota is literal fucking 3rd world tier
don't think so, Australian servers majority of the time have Australian players. Compared to CS;GO russia, PUBG chink hackers, and huehue brazil es shit LoL Dota 2 seems quite normal. Even majority of players are too old and mature to sit there all game typing away and shit talking. unlike CS:GO mic-memes show me deh wey, League of who can blame the team better legends and ching chong du ma fuk gweilo PUBG.

>the game was always just a "for fun" kind of game, not very fulfilling.
yeah and that's not evidence that refutes it has deeper mechanics and a higher skill cap than LoL.

Dota 2 is the forbidden fruit. Pandoras box. It will lure you in and grab you by the balls for 2 years. You will start watching dota tournaments in your free time. You will play thousands of hours of matchmaking. You'll even start playing vs insane bots just to test retarded conceptual item builds

Don't start this game, my good fellows, for it shall destroy you from the inside out.

Are you implying that you are more likely to play with a South American in LoL than in DoTA2?

I used to play it everyday but it took a toll on my sanity, so I just stopped playing and moved on.

Dota 2 general is 99% shitposting and literal dead thread half of the time. The only thing people want to meme about is E-Athletes and cropped lewds

The story is always the same when you actually try to talk about the game

>7.00 killed dotuh
>Talents was a mistake icefrog is a hack!

nothing to talk about here. Dota's a fine game but its community and Fanbase is absolute ass. The average dotard will spends 3X more time shitposting about LoL and other moba's than playing their own game because its the community and the general nature of the game itself makes it extremely unfun and jades you fast.

>tfw haven't had time to play because of all the esports and favorite (pro) streamers

also if they toss a battlepass I'm gonna toss in at least $300 bucks

fuck are you socially needy. like do you need to reply to every fucking topic with 0 replies

I never liked D2 because of the source engine and the artstyle. There is something that feels odd, specially from someone who played a shitload of Warcraft 3 and Heroes of Newerth, games with very high saturation and definite edges.

HoN had some cool characters but surrender was a mistake. Every game I tried to play had the biggest babies ever that would vote to remake the game if they lost first blood and if everything wasn't going their way they'd spam surrender and afk in fountain.

I too enjoy the fucking shitty post 7.00 patch.

Surrender options is a necessary evil imo. the only thing you need to do is regulate how often the option can be spammed (being able to toss a CC vote every 3 minutes rather than a CC vote every 30 seconds makes a huge difference in player agitation).

I guess I had the opposite response.I've been playing Dota since Riki Death Ward days/Faceless Void global ultimate and 7.00 made me quit and switch to League...haven't had any desire to go back even though I look at the latest patch info from time to time...something about 7.00 just killed the game for me it just doesn't feel the same Dota I remember playing.

> made me quit and switch to League.
you blew your bluff

It's a good game, but I decided not to play the game anymore not because of a patch I dislike or major changes to the game (I actually like the talent trees and new items, heroes, and buildings implemented) but because it was actually affecting my sanity and overall personality. I'm not going to spout the usual dross about how my 'teammates are keeping me down,' because I'm sure I'm responsible as much as them when losing, but losing definitely takes a toll to your mood and drives your vexatious emotion to play another game until you get a satisfying win or MMR. It was really unhealthy mentally and physically, and I had to quit and uninstall; I wasn't playing the game, the game was playing me. I do enjoy watching "pro scenes" or EEE SPOORTS if you want to call it that of the game though and I occasionally like reading patch notes.

Not him but I quit and went to play other games as well. Might have coincided with me actually entering the work force so i was no longer interested in playing 3-4 games a day, in which there was a 50/50 chance that my team has a screaming peruvian that would waste my entire hour.

i play hon casually every once a while till today
Surrender is basically never abused, and even in lost games people usually are unwilling to surrend unless your whole team just got wiped and the 5 unscratched enemies are taking 2-3 lanes.
Also people dont AFK in the well either.
At least on the "i dont completely suck" rank. Dunno about lower ranks.

I used to play at its peak, then general threads became unreadable and the playerbase kept getting worse and worse. I only played when a friend begged me to, but I ended quitting for good about a year ago. Good game, but it's not for random matchmaking.

not tired of it yet

played my first matches right after ti3, then put it down until i got a better pc that could run it

got really into it right before ti4 started

>No, it's on the same level as the others.
AHAHAHA

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. It was my first experience as someone new to the game and it really put me off that I was unable to play a single full game in like 3 days of trying.

>it's a mentally ill autist doesn't know what self control is so he blames the game episode

>le played by shitskin Peruvians / Brazilians with shitty internet overrated game

>I didn't really like the new map changes so I stopped but I've been playing less and less for a long time anyway.
>Now I play Heroes of the Storm.
are you me?

honestly it would be a better game if magically age restrictions were in place and worked. but they cant even have a working restriction on people from other countries.
you probably werent even bad, but you can't really do much playing with people who have shitty computers/internet service and or young teens/kids.
its a free2play game and thats why its as bad as it is. avoid free2play games because its never going to be enjoyable playing with kids or people form other countries.
its how it is and it wont change. just remember that free2play are not worth your time and if you see fags talking good about it on the internet. just remember the kids and out of country people and realize you wont ever be having that magical fun which apparently forum users are having.
fuckf2p4life

holy fuck i didnt even know i could even play over 54 matches in a single week

you do realize you can just have the game up. it doesnt count hours only when matches are being played. only when the app is up.

im retarded

Daily reminder that if you are under 6k then you can't EVER blame the game on your team. ChiLongQua smurfed from 1mmr to 4k and won 90% of his game SINGLEHANDEDLY

?

fuck off retard

I am 6k and I promise you that the players playing at this MMR are just as fucking retarded except they are even quicker to throw tantrums due to inflated MMR.

be proud of that gay shit

>CLQ is now dead
it hurts

>tfw my winrate this month is 65%
it feels so good to improve

>im retarded
everyone around you knows, bro.

>I am 6k
sure you are

I'm 6k too!

After 2k hours in Dota 2, I've gone back to LoL. I hadn't played the game since like 2011 (a long fucking time ago, now that I think about it.) and I have to say I'm enjoying myself. It's not as good as Dota 2 in absolute gameplay terms, but it sure is refreshing to play something comparatively simple and relaxed.

oh fuck me how am i ever gonna recover

hello fellow ex-dota 2 players I too am now playing LoL

I quit the game because we didn't have enough friends still playing to do a stack.

>in which there was a 50/50 chance that my team has a screaming peruvian that would waste my entire hour.

To avoid this.

>oh fuck me
no one fucks you, bro.

No I'm saying you are more likely to get paired with third world shitters.

LoL is also a shit game from the get-go if it doesn't have built in voice chat.

Man Dota 2 needs to add like a new style of map for 5v5 mode, I don't get why we have to play the exact same one for 3k hours.

>we have to play
It's a videogame, you don't have to play it for any amount of hours, much less three thousand.

I am phone posting at the moment because I am at the gym but if this thread is still around when I get back, I will post a screenshot of my MMR. I have posted in these threads before, I am the guy with the 6k MMR when dota2 was still using the source 1 engine.

dota is tryhard

lol is superior

smite is contrarian

then just post your dotabuff dipshit

im well aware of that

they are the gym, noob. give them some time to get swole

Dota is patrician, LoL is plebeian, HotS is contrarian. I think we can all agree on that.

The last time I posted an uncensored screenshot of my MMR on Sup Forums when I hit 5.5k I got constant friend request from you fucking faggots. I am not doing that again.

>they are the gym, noob. give them some time to get swole

Eh, I played it a couple times. Too much shit going on, felt like I had no idea what was happening in fights. League was the other end of the spectrum, too simplistic and boring.

Mobas just fucking suck, I guess.

git gud shitter

>you don't have to play
I love the game man, it could use more ways than patch notes to refresh the game is all I'm saying. I don't really understand why bother bringing that point up.

Not trolling it really did.

Why would you actually play an OBJECTIVELY worse game?

I did this for 4 years, ended it with 5900 hours played.

now i just play hots

Man, remember all the gay dota art? Who's your husbando, guys?

slarky fishybutt

is all you faggots play is moba genre? because when you supposedly stop one game which is always after 3k hours you say you end up playing another moba. wtf? play another genre

Dota is the best MOBA, but it's really not for everyone. It takes a lot of time and can be really frustrating for years. In the end though, it taught a valuable lesson. After an obscene amount of time (like 2000 hours), I realized that no one was to blame for a loss but myself. I learned the importance of holding myself accountable for my actions and how useful it is to go over your mistakes one by one.

This information, while pretty much obvious to everyone, never really manifested itself into my irl life (school, social life, work). Climbing MMR really incorporated this lesson into my very being.

every dota game is never the same
a game with this much replayability and mastery and skill ceiling, who cares about other games

Because I think the 7.00 changes made the game worse than League...not saying League is great or anything it has its own set of issues but I've had more fun than I did playing any of the 7.0_ dota 2 patches.

Plus it is nice to have legit region lock I must say.

>wanting to hear "CYKA BYLAT" "FUCK YOU MUDA" "BUY WARDS"

lol anyone who thinks voice chat in a MOBA is a good idea clearly has never experienced it before. scarcely anything noteworthy ever comes from it. If you wanna voicechat use discord like a normal person

do you not buy the Map packs?

theyre pretty refreshing imo

I think dota2's design as a whole just does some shit I cant get behind

>In LoL Supports are on super welfare getting 75% the income of the maincarry without having to do jackshit. Supports are also usually strong enough to threaten the enemy carry up until 4 slots mid-late

>in Dota2 supports are the abused whoreschild you are cursed to roam the world penniless spending every last ounce of gold on wards. If you are lucky you might be able to buy a Blink Dagger 45 minutes in once you pick up your GP5 talent ! now if only you could close that 7+ level experience gap gap....

>also in Dota2 the only way to carry yourself is to play Position 1 or 2 (carry/mid) If you play anything else you are shit outta luck and pretty much only exist to ensure that your Pos1 and 2 are doing well OR the enemy Pos1 or 2 is NOT doing well. This is your ultimate purpose. Forever a sidekick to the main cast.

>in LoL pretty much every class can carry with the weakest being support but even supports can influence the game if you pick someone braindead OP enough (Janna,Soraka or any HEAL+SHIELDER brainlet hero). Tops are either 1v5 tanks or unduelable bruisers. Mids wreck havoc on bot lane or can camp top. Jungle literally solo carrys himself by ganking the fuck out of everyone and swinging the game in his teams favor from the get-go.

its sad too because I genuinely think Dota is a great game but its design philosophies are so fucking outdated and unfun. Support in that game is a suffer trial and the only defense I ever hear for it is 90 IQ retorts like "then dont play support" .

heck yeah

7.00 wasn't that bad and a lot of the issues with it have certainly been fixed.

>no more base shrines
>jungle shrines nerfed
>jungle shrines make sense
>you have a natural map advantage in YOUR jungle because it's YOUR jungle because shrines exist

>tfw I play with my shitter friends and lose like 60% of my games but I'm having fun so I don't care

Support in the current version is on super welfare. Increase basic gold per second, bounty ruins, exp tomes, wards costing less gold, TP costing less gold, wards being able to be bought seperately, courier is now free, courier upgrade is now free.

Here's a retort, supports don't need gold. Their abilities in Dota are well beyond what's needed to win the game.

Thats because its a Valve game, its garbage to anyone that isnt braindamaged.