Classic WoW

>Classic WoW
>Join AQ40 pug
>RL checks your logs of previous kills
>RL will kick you if you fuck up once
>RL will kick you if you do shit DPS
>RL is a dick to everyone
>Every pug will expect you to atleast watch guides on your class and the encounters of current tier
>RL will probably inspect you to see if you have pre raid BiS
>etc.

You autists are gonna be dissapointed when the Min Max community of current WoW shits on your nostalgia of the "old" community.

Other urls found in this thread:

wowhead.com/achievement=12110/ahead-of-the-curve-argus-the-unmaker
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>RL will kick you if you do shit DPS
>>Every pug will expect you to atleast watch guides on your class and the encounters of current tier
>>RL will probably inspect you to see if you have pre raid BiS
That sounds pretty reasonable to me

its pathetic how serious people take current wow. for wod i used a lvl boost on a huntard and did heroic KJ for that moose mount, first ever raid i did that expansion and it was pretty easy. now ive done the same thing for that violet bird mount except i boosted a monk to 110, but this was still my first time raiding this expansion

The biggest worry for me is add ons, shit like DBM, Weakaura's, Tellmewhen etc just play the game for you

Might as well just play Legion at that point

>LINK CURVE ILVL 925+, KNOW WHAT TO DO
>normal tomb of sargeras
>LINK CURVE, ILVL 950+, KNOW WHAT TO DO
>normal Antorus
Getting fucking annoying.

what is a curve?

If raid leaders are assholes and keep the game from being fun then why not lead raids yourself? That's what I do when I play Destiny

An achivement.
wowhead.com/achievement=12110/ahead-of-the-curve-argus-the-unmaker

i feel you, the only reason i got into those heroics was because im mates irl with the guild leader. i can not get into any pugs unless i link those autistic achievements that mean fuck all

Honestly this is kind of a good thing
I did around 8 hours of pugs for Nighthold and it took around 20 attempts to get past Skorpyron because people didn't understand to hide behind the rocks to avoid his fuck off attack and not to stand in front of him.

>MUST KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS RAID OR KICK
Why is this acceptable?
Any other game people laugh at you for using a shitty walkthrough or guides, yet in WoW it's required.

>second to last raid of classic wow
>requires nature resist
>one person can fuck everything up
>expect to be carried when you can't even look up simple guides or pull your own weight
You are the reason why Blizzard has to dumb everything down so everyone can see shit they don't deserve to see.

I swear, retards don't fucking read the adventure guide. Can't tell how many times I've wiped on demondic inquisition and maiden of vigilance. Fucking retards, takes about a minute to go through the adventure guide.

That's the most hilarious part of all this. The leaders will put absurdly high ilvl requirements and ask people to link some useless achievements, and then somewhere in the description it will have "MUST KNOW ALL FIGHTS" and yet these pugs still wipe like a bunch of shitters

Because minmaxers.

Not even that, me and a few other members kept telling them what to do but they never listened.

Also this was day 1 of the raid and at that ilvl if anyone got hit by the fuck off attack it was probably a wipe.

>baddies get BTFO and kicked from group
>this is somehow bad

you can get an addon to fake achiev

>Classic WoW
>Enjoy leveling
>Enjoy meeting new people while leveling
>Enjoy an MMO with an actually challenging open world
>Enjoy exploring it again
Nope. Wont be disappointed at all.

If you play MMOs for raids you are objectively a moron.

Because people want to go in and get it done fast. You can find or make a learning group that doesn't require knowing everything about the raid.

The game is designed that way now. If your average raid group would go in blind, it could probably take few hours to even know what the fuck is going on. Some bosses have so much abilities that you basically need to read what they do just to understand the fight.

Nothing is really intuitive, even "don't stand in shit" doesn't really apply, because on some bosses you need to stand in shit that looks exactly the same as the one you are not supposed to stand in on others. Also raiding is sort of a part time job, so people don't like wasting time on bullshit.

>People play WoW for the PVE
Why? It's fucking mind-numbing. I've done quite a few raids in WoW and not once did I have fun, only did it to carry my shit guild and to get gear I could wear in arena. WoW PvE is soyboy-tier

The only more horrifying thing would be playing for the PVP.

>PvP
>Legion
I seriously hope you don't do this.

This is why MMO raiding is stupid, it requires no skill, you are basically just waiting on your guild members to not fuck up even slightly, like an autistic real life RNG.

>pre-raid BiS
>AQ40
>pug

Have you ever raided in vanilla?

There is a boss in Zul Gurub, he targets a random player and says in text chat

"I am watching you: "

If the player does not stop attacking him and detarget within a few seconds, the boss will wipe the entire raid.

There is many things like this in vanilla raids.

Imagine trying to get 20 or 40 people to all understand the rules, especially if it's a pug. Like herding cats.

Good stuff that i was a officer back on the day and gonna do all the optimal stuff. Also, you dont PUG in vanilla.

>it requires no skill
Get on your flying mount and go wreck some noobs in hellfire peninsula.

>playing FFXIV while waiting for next WoW expac even though Legion and WoD were so dogshit I quit after a month
>no DPS meters
>no autists screaming about DPS in dungeons
>no kicking people for having shit gear
>minimal achievement autistry
>able to play through blind without people giving me shit when I fuck up
>other players have actually been helpful while I learn how to tank each new encounter for the first time
>healers haven't been whiny faggots who spaz out at the slightest thing and refuse to heal people
>nobody vote kicks the second someone fucks up

After so many years of WoW and witnessing the absolute autistic faggotry that is its fanbase, this is quite refreshing. Is this what MMO's really feel like?

Maybe, I wouldn't know because leveling in FF XIV is one of the most sleep inducing activities I ever tried to do in a game.

I don't play the game at all because they ruined pvp and decided to cater to the casual pve madbads that got butthurt and cried because they couldn't git gud and gear up so they got shredded as soon they tried to play with the big boys

Yes that's good and all, but it doesn't deflect from the fact that WoW raiding requires zero brain power and skill. Sorry your 50 million hours of spamming the 1 key makes this taste so salty my little user.

Yeah it's pretty mind numbing, although I find levelling in pretty much every MMO unfun dogshit unless there's some form of world PVP I can fuck around with during it.

Reminder that this started becoming a problem in WotLK when that "gearscore" addon became popular and Blizzard actually tried to prevent it by banning the addon but then caved under pressure and added ilvl shortly after.

On the other people will disband groups after like 3 pulls. From my experience, WoW pug groups have more life expectancy

well fuck you for doing single target during my dungeon runs, and fuck that healer for not putting using his aoe dot or doing any damage at all, not going to say anything even if it's really pissing me off though since we'll get trough anyways and i don't feel like getting kicked for being "rude".
go into savage raiding one day and it'll be the same as wow.
also this but it's also caused by the nature of the raids in this game

The nature resist was fucking retarded due to the fact that there was no fucking nature resist gear. I remember farming mara for a fucking trinket and wearing like level 30-40 items to get NR.

There is a DPS parser, we cant just call you for being a shitty player that wasting everyone time. Also, Gear on FFXIV is shitty, dont makes much difference, there is not much options, secondary stats are shit. So, is natural that gear checking on WoW is more important.

Back them, raid gear was not always stronger, i dont think its a bad thing to have more shit that matters on a game.

>fake achiev
everyone is checking raider.io now
achievements are a thing from the past

It was more the way it was implanted. Make raid that requires NR. Whoops no such fucking gear exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gear did scale, just A not as much as ever Xpac after it and B not as well on some classes as others. IE rogues and DPS warriors scaled a lot more than hunters to the point that hunters could not fucking keep up. Though I belive a lot of it was just based on weapons alone.

well both rogues and warriors had dual wielding with massive base dps weapons, ridiculous ASP buffs and extra AP efficiency, as well as warriors having 2 AP per strength and rage being retarded scaling wise

Just resubbed , wondering if I will be let in into a somewhat decent Heroic Antorus group without the achievment and the ilvl (have good ToS gear with a couple of antorus peaces). From my experiencehe only way I complete a raid is if I fake an achievment , groups that don't require it usually fail quite fast and require a shitton of time to down anything,.

This. I played of Elsiyum/Light's Hope, leveled a Paladin and Mage to 60, was very fun, would love to do it on official servers with high population.

If you started your group would you want to pick from the people that can't prove they know what they're doing, or the hundreds that can like aotc?

Nothing is stopping you from starting a new pug with lower requirements. Now when you've done that a few weeks in a row and dealt with the added time from fuckups, shit dps, and people who just couldn't be asked to learn how shit works, then you'll get to make the choice for real. Add an hour of stupidity every raid night, or make a group that expects more from people.
pic unrelated

MC gear was literal dog shit for most classes. Tons of blue items were you BiS for tons of specs/Classes. PvE gear didn't start getting decent until AQ40.

>I should be able to put no effort into anything and get invited into any group I want and if I don't succeed it's just other people preventing me from winning

Get good and learn how to network, fuckboy.

I've join pugs that were stuck on normal Kin for 6 hours. People are dicks in pugs because they want to down the boss and leave.

Yeah, that's the best reason to set the bar high. People leave even when things are going good, when you spend 6 hours raiding with idiots the good players tend to either fuck off or have mental breakdowns.
I RL'd a lot of pugs to raid with undergeared alts, but really i think it would have just been easier to join a guild with them. The sheer insanity of dealing with apathetic or raging nerds made me feel like an overworked tardwrangler. I love raidfinder on live, just queue up, half-ass rotation, and get a piece or two a week for you alts.

Who's stoked for the return of DKP?

In fucking 20 years of playing MMOs I've never once ran into this problem.

If you aren't raiding with your guild you deserve every inconvenience, every conversation you have with some 16 year old faggot, every "uhh, sorry, but you're not geared enough", every little thing to make your experience as unpleasant as possible.

If you don't have a fucking achievement it's almost certainly because you aren't in a guild which means you're either a shitter or you're a flake, neither of which you are entitled in any way to feel any amount of indignity for being excluded from a group for being.

No one, and I mean NO ONE pugged AQ40. They didn't even pug BWL. Razorgore and Vael would absolutely destroy a non guild raid.

The only way MAYBE is if it was 15-25 overgeared guildies selling gear for gold in BWL, but even that was fairly rare.

Half of this shit doesn't happen in classic raids.

Molten Core is so easy that on p servers it's seen as a source of welfare epics
Ony is no different
UBRS is on permenant farm
BWL is barely harder
ZG gets cleared so often that you could go into Booty Bay on any given day during peak hours and get the ZG buff
AQ20 is a bit of a step up but not that big of a deal

Literally only AQ40 and Naxx can be considered hard, and it's not because of mechanics, it's because of gear checks.

Warriors always scaled really well. Except in Cata, Cata fucked Warriors hard.

What if you're just a pvper?

>They didn't even pug BWL.
They do now.

No one is forced to put up with your stupid ass in a raid. You either meet the expectations of your raid leader, make your own group, join an actual guild, or fuck off. This game gives you every tool to succeed and you still bitch that it's not handed to you on a silver platter. Fuck yourself.

>its a people pretend other people were hyper autistic when it came to picking players for 40 mans episode

>LINK CURVE, ILVL 950+, KNOW WHAT TO DO
I feel you but you exactly know why people do this. Everyone wants a smooth and clean runs on easy as fuck bosses with literally braindead tactics. But somehow most people cant handle that shit. So with this logic if you have curve you killed argus at least once and thus know the fight. And if you have good gear you most likely cleared it plenty of times.

>started right before legion
>rolled a dk and did my first pug raid
>top dps most fights
>joke about how its my first raid
>within 5 seconds kicked for being a 'noob'
horrible, horrible community

It always makes me laugh when people forget this sort of thing, like Blizzard adding visual ilvls to the game wasn't entirely because the players made an add-on to track it themselves for the sole purpose of excluding bads. Fact is, no one wants to play with shitters, and if the game doesn't give people a way to filter shitters from people with a functioning frontal lobe, they'll make one themselves.

You think that's bad? You should've tried PvPing in Guild Wars 1.

Yeah except in vanilla such a low percentage of people ever raided that by the time you get to stuff like AQ40 that its hard to actually fill the raid. People weren't nearly as autistic as they are now about. Even in a place like AQ40 you could carry shitters. There is a reason they went to the 25 Man layout. Even in 25 mans you can carry a whole group of shitters.

>>RL will kick you if you fuck up once
More like if you do too much damage instantly and take aggro

I remember playing classic WoW and just fucking around, doing world PVP, going to random areas, exploring, socializing, sometimes doing instances and battlegrounds.

You min/max faggots don't know how to have fun in a videogame. Pretty sad.

>tfw being discriminated against

feels bad man

Fuck that shit. Literally the rich get richer bullshit. The moment this one guild of mine started using that is when I stopped playing.

this
It was rare to even see MC pugs and I played on a very populated server.
If you wanted to raid you joined a raid guild, and they would also hold you to standards.

fucking nostalgiafags thinking that people with retarded builds and shit gear were pugging AQ40 back in the day and having no problems

>your way of having fun is inferior to mine because mine takes zero commitment since I couldn't handle doing anything other than fucking around
get the fuck out you casual piece of shit

You only had to get 3 people your rank and get them into team arena rip
If you were a pantheon autist why the fuck weren't you in a pvp guild in the first place?

not even gonna give you a u
>t. knows absolutely nothing

but user, that IS fucking up in vanilla

because every boss before naxx was a war of attrition, so it barely mattered how much damage you did

>not wiping your entire raid is """minmaxing"""
kill yourself

Or even things like Flame Wreath in Karazhan. Simplest fucking mechanic - don't move or the raid takes massive damage - and people couldn't do it. At some point you just have to accept the fact that no one wants to spend all night on this shit and only invite people who know what the fuck they're doing.

>le casuals meme
Fuck off cancer, raiding and instanced BGs ruined WoW.

Team arena n2b
Because PvP guilds don't accept 400-500 ping Australians

feels bad man

In Vanilla there is no free pvp gear.

You need to raid to get gear.

usually for me its aotc for instant invite. still might get invited if good ilvl, otherwise get carried through content or do previous content.

Dude, retail wow's min max faggotry is NOTHING compared to the tryhard poopsocking of the vanilla private server community.

Enjoy changing your profession to herbalism and farming flowers all day, then spending three hours getting world event buffs.

kek i remember this in WoD
people asking for 10+ ilvls than the raid even provides
gearscore was a mistake

No one actually pugged AQ40 back in vanilla. You might have gotten some MC pugs in like late 2006 when vanilla was reaching its end, but raiding was almost exclusively a guild/raiding community thing.

If you're going to engage in post-TBC practices (pugging raids), then you shouldn't complain about people exhibiting post-TBC mentality (cheevo/gearscore or GTFO).

Flame Wreath made a comeback in the Return to Karazhan 5man and guess what? People still can't fucking do it.

Too bad that doesn't really work with faggot botters camping any worthwhile plant spawn. I remember plating Nost and going to the Imp vendor in Winterspring for the warlock mount quest and I just happened to be around when that one piece of Felcloth respawned.

5 level 3's from both factions spawned to try and buy it and they all disappeared after the 20 second logout timer. Cancerous shit like that is prevalent on all Vanilla private servers and it takes all the fun out of playing the game. I leveled 1-60 and not once managed to kill a single rare spawn because niggers had the timers and everything on lockdown and would just log into their alts for a quick kill and log off. Immediately made me realize that playing a hunter would be impossible unless I wanted to settle for the shitty pets.

Why should 39 other random people waste their time because you don't know what you're doing?

Everytime i join to those 950+ curve groups, we wipe all the time. Even people who apparently got carried for curve still can't handle simple mechanics.

>classic wow
>like warcraft 1-3
>fiend tries to get me into WoW
>don't play because the writing sounds retarded
>over a decade later
>think surely it's impro-
>the writing is 100x worse
Well, I guess MMOs aren't for me

>Likes music
>Goes to the cinema
>Complains music wasn't good

OK.

It took me fucking weeks to pug Argus because people just refused to kill the fucking orbs
I can only do so much when I can only reach like two of em as a Shaman

No one in wow enjoys the actual gameplay, they just like to equip a slightly better piece of gear after a raid. Killing mobs and bosses is boring, everyone wants to be quickly done with it.

t. wow player

>MMO(RPG)
>bad story in an RPG
I see, it must be the gripping ACTION of WoW that stimulates you

>for wod i used a lvl boost on a huntard and did heroic KJ for that moose mount, first ever raid i did that expansion and it was pretty easy

I'm sure buying that boost was pretty easy, faglord.

Because raiding in lower difiiculties is a weekly chore, not something you look forward to do. The only point is to do it so you can get gear so that you can clear it on a higher difficulty.

Yeah, but the average player is way more used to mechanics nowadays.

Classic WoW's first couple of raids will be a walk in the park if Blizz doesn't buff them somehow.

HUAH

it's going to suck because its current year and not 2004-2005 anymore and people are inherently different. no amount of clunky/difficult mechanics will change the fact that nearly everyone is going to blitz to max level and discover why molten core was one of the worst raids ever made, whereas in 2004-2005 most people never hit 60 and ran around like clueless, yet happy idiots

>Join AQ40 pug

Won't happen. 40 man raids aren't puggable except maybe for MC but it will be generally hosted by some guild this means that 20+ ppl will be from one guild. I've been playing on lightshope and never seen a pug of a total random players it's always guild based.

Just wait until you start getting to relevant content.