Who else /comfy/ tonight? I'm changing jobs, but they won't pay me for any unused vacation time...

Who else /comfy/ tonight? I'm changing jobs, but they won't pay me for any unused vacation time, so I'm taking a two month vacation. I'd appreciate if you guys could recommend some other comfy games. I really like games that feature staying warm in snow/rain as a gameplay element. That's comfy to me.

stfu neet. Go get a job and get out of your mom's house

I wish banished had just a liiitle more depth to it.
It was a good game but it felt like 4-5 hours and you've seen and done everything there is.

Get the Colonial Charter mod.

This game is such a fucking disappointment. If the devs had kept patching it since release it could have been incredible, instead they just left it with its miserable chore of a lategame and no incentive whatsoever to play more than 3-4 games.

Colonial Charter basically triples the game.

Ever played Rimworld? Once you build up your town and you no longer have to be worried about starving to death or getting destroyed by cannibal or space pirate raids it gets pretty comfy.

Shit, I had no idea that was a thing, thanks anons.

But I do have a job, and another one lined up. I'm getting payed 12x36 dollars a week for the next two months.

>devs

Dev. Singular.

It's pretty good considering it being a one man show.

I'm not comfy. The only time I'm comfy is during the weekend after a long week of work and I get drunk and play Squad as a medic with a team of funny people and win objectives through comradery and skill 2bh

There are some pretty good mods for it now that add quite a bit.
Some even change the play style, like becoming tribal and living in tents

i just got put on permanent disability for being mentally ill

get

on

my

fucking

level

I want a game like banished or forest village but with the threat of invading armies and in a fantasy setting. Is that so hard to ask for?

i actually dont know any other game

these nujacks are becoming an epidemic

critical mass soon

Ik kingdoms and castles is fantasy and has armies but the only fantasy thing Ive noticed is the occasional dragon and I'm not feeling up for the cartoony block style. I really do think a game like banished but with invading armies or raid groups of creatures like orcs, elves, undead etc would be interesting. There could be low key magic and you'd have scenarios were villagers would turn into werewolves or vampires and you'd have to figure out which villager it is since they slaughter people at night and bring down happiness.

banished with combat would be amazing

I'd have to get alcohol poisoning to get down to your level, user.

You should be banished and beaten viciously for wanting combat

sucks man. I loved banished when it first came out, but the lack of real threats killed any motivation to continue playing, after you established your settlement.

what do you do user?
also to actually answer your question, Kirby is always comfy

You mean an RTS

not him, but adding city guards and enemy invades would not hurt the comfy of this game. it just encourages you to micromanage outside of just planning for the upcoming winter.

Yeah, it does ruin it. Because then you either have to balance it so its never a problem so its pointless busywork or its a challenge which means you can no longer play comfy you have to play competitively fighting against the clock of the 'next invasion'.

Hello! I got laid off and feel similar I want to recommend;
Don't Starve: It feels great to have warm clothes when they keep you from freezing to death
All Witcher titles: Massive time sink and nice weather cycle
Yume Nikki: It's free
F.E.A.R: I like the color palette and gunplay

The Long Dark is comfy. It's all about staying warm in a winter wonderland.

Or, y'know, maybe an option on the menu to play it with combat or without.

>pointless busywork
You mean like the rest of the game?

Enemy invasions would mean building fortifications to fight them off, and then adequate fortifications naturally lead to siege mechanics, which would only lead to peak comfy where you're weathering a siege in the middle of winter while the invaders starve outside your massive 50 foot walls.

>he doesn't want to build castles to the sky
>he doesn't want those castles to actually have a purpose

I've played Kingdoms and Castles and it's about as deep as a small puddle. The combat just becomes annoying once you start hitting critical mass in population size because raids come non-stop, but none of them are a serious enough at that point to be utterly game ruining. You just spend most of that time fixing a few walls every other minute and adding crossbows because it's more practical to have a shitload of defensive towers everywhere rather than the world's fucking slowest garrison try to the stop the fifth Viking Invasion of the hour.

Honestly, if a city builder has combat, it needs to have a dedicated focus where it is at least as competent as AoE2, because that's a better example than just about everything else, and it's a fucking RTS.

Also, we need connected environs and trade a la Sim City 4.

So what's your new job gonna be? Also y'know minimum wage went up right?

I'd make a fantasy city builder/rts game if I could. Id have it so thing like politics would be ingame and you could trade with other npc settlements, wage war, commit genocide etc. I will only ever be an idea man.

Certified Nursing Assistant. Going to work in a car manufacturing factory while I go back to school to be an English teacher. Or maybe for finance. idk what to do with my life.

I've been playing the following:

>Oxygen Not Included
>Risk of Rain
>Another Brick in the Mall
>RimWorld
>Sauerbraten
>OpenRCT2

thinking about picking Terraria back up

Dwarf Fortress.