Headphone for gaming

Looking for a decent headphone for gaming as my old one died.
Not interested in gaymur meme headsets.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sennheiser, any of the ones from $100-200.

Buy actually good headphones and a dedicated mic. Any gaming dedicated headphones will either be shit, overpriced, or both.

Depends on whether you have an amp. I would suggest AKG K712's if you're in Yurop.

Siberia v2
Cerberus Headset
or you know... any actual studio headset and a dedicated mic.

I'm using a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M40x's after my Sennheiser hd280's died.

have no issues with them, both of those are great choices op.
Just get a 3.5mm clip mic and attach to your shirt as needed.

did you even read the op

this desu they're pretty good for the price, i paid 120 and they've last me fucking forever and sound good to boot

no fuk u

Sennheiser HD 598SR can be had for a little over a hundred. Great sound and soundstage, but kind of lacking in bass. They are the same as the beige ones only re-released.

Seconding Audio Technica, even my cheap AD500X set have lasted me for almost 2 years, still sound great and stay comfy even after hours of wear.

Also they don't need any amp.

^^ I have these (I won them) theyre fecking comfy as fuck even with my glasses on over long periods.

yeah they make great stuff, i got a 100$ discount on my m40x's :)

MDR-7506 if you're not a redditor.

OP here thanks for the suggestions. Will look into these.

every headphone needs an amp

The 518/558/598 and Game One headphones all use the same driver.

It depends, do you want closed or open ear headphones? Do you want or need sound isolation? Do you want an accurate flat sound or a more bass heavy sound.

The only suggestion you should be looking at is , or go lurk /hpg/. Every other advice in this thread is garbage.

hd600s

>picking Sony trahsphones
>not a redditor
Kys

Found the redditor.

Congratulations on finding yourself, must have been hard.

Also another note, get Sennheiser or Meme Technica headphones. Do not buy Beats or Skull Candy.

What do you think of the Sony MDR-V6?

Kys retard

>muh mids

open ear and accurate sounding ones preferably cause generally those are better for gaming as far as I know. Don't really care for isolation as I will only use them at home

>calling someone that picks the most popular and recommended headphone in the history of Sup Forums a redditor

You don't fit in yet. Lurk more.

MDR=7506 + auray velour pads is the way to go.

>telling others to lurk more
This isn't 2007 old piece of shit, kill yourself and fuck off with your reddit recommendation of a shit sony headphone.

>being this mad because he got called out on being a redditor

Keep lurking.

I got sennheiser 681, they look like the ones in your picture but it's a different model. I will say that the pads are pretty firm so you might need to swap them out if they're too hard for you

There is only one good headphone manufacturer and that is Sennheiser.

Any headset with an actual diadem is comfy as fuck even when wearing glasses.

lol

not really I run mine through my mixer

Nah

Fight me faggit. 1vs1

ummm headphones literally need an amp to produce sound

yes but you dont need to buy a seperate amp for them. Motherboards have built in sound cards

ummmm are you telling me that the sound coming from the mobo jack doesn't pass thru an amp?
*facepalms LOUDLY*

i have these and they are perfect for gaming

Not if you have a brother with a big fat faggot head to break the strap.

>32 ohms
Wew that's some actual decent impedance

They're ok for the price, but they sound like mud. Perfect for gaming is a bad description.

hyper x cloud core
>light
>comfy
>detachable mic

SHP9500S
Newegg is usually the cheapest.place you can find them.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

Have a hard time recommending any Superlux variant because of how uncomfortable they are. Sure they sound good for the price but that comfort, whoa.

Did you tear the head strap with your big fat faggot head too?

The clamp would be unbearable to most people. Even put nice ear pads on my HD668B and still the comfort sucks. Good headphone for the price though if you have a head like in my picture.

Any of the headphones in the Audiotechnica AD-X range.

I have headphones that I use for music that completely eclipse them in sound reproduction and price. But I will never use them for gaming, because 99% of headphones are fatiguing as shit. But I can wear my AD2000X's for 12 hour Monster Hunter sessions because they pretty much feel like you're wearing nothing at all....nothing at all.....nothing at all

>Audiotechnica
>for gaymen

You retards need to shut the fuck up already.

HD 600

Its easy to recommend superlux with a pad change.

>AKG k712 pro for general gaming
>Beyerdynamic MMX 300 for MP games and voice chat

Why? For a little bit more you can buy good phones.

Yeah the plastic ear cushions they come with are kind of nasty. Cannibalised some thicker ones with velour from my old and busted set and the superlux 681 becomes fairly comfortable.

I'm an audio engineer for EA Vancouver. But sure my dude, you totally know what's good.

>EA Vancouver
Unironically kill yourself, my dude.
>t. Google Madrid office

>EA Vancouver

I unironically use these if only because of how comfortable they are, though surround sound only works if you're using it wirelessly. Plugging it in through cable just leaves it as normal stereo headphones with an alright mic attached. For some fucking reason you can't charge the battery through the outlet, you need to leave it plugged into a PS4 or PC that's turned on in order for it to charge. I have no idea why it's like that but it's hella inconvenient.

cringe