Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15040366
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

strawpoll.me/15040366
strawpoll.me/15040366
strawpoll.me/15040366

Please bump the thread too.

OoT got the shittier remake of the two and overall isn't as replayable.

MMfags wouldn't love their game nearly as much if they didn't get to jerk off about how much darker and smarter it is than OoT.

OoT stands on it's own, MM gets a lot of its reputation directly from comparing it to OoT.

>sequel is shittier
>omg it is just 2deep4u

The absolute state of nitnedautims

Majoras mask is the banjo tooie of Zelda

>people wouldn't like sequel more if sequel didn't have more to offer
genius man

I mean the original games not the remakes

And I think OoT is much more replayable than MM, by far

I agree. It seems to have become some sort of meme to say "MM is better!", but it's just not. It's an alright game, but OoT is better, more complete.

I've replayed OoT like a billion times because I love it. I've TRIED to replay MM but I usually get bored after the first dungeon. It just feels like OoT's bastard cousin.

Yeah baffled by the sheer amount of good dungeons and the amazing story of mm man, how can other games even try to compete.

og MM is great, the remake is atrocious

Ocarina is the superior game at its base and its locations translate to 3D better

hurrrr the fish is a brighter color
hurrrr muh muh "atmosphere"
hurrrr too easy now (completely untrue, it is the same)

the remake controls better and looks better + 3D is awesome

>neo-v think dynamic world is shit because hurr you have to reverse time every 3 days

I only played OoT but I think majora's mask is better

OOT. I could never finish MM.

Ocarina is good but MM just does so much more. With a name like Ocarina of Time MM is what you would have expected.

>OoT got the shittier remake of the two and overall isn't as re-playable.

I'd actually agree with this. MM really had its most fundamental flaws fixed in the remake, while OoT sort of motioned toward this but stopped short of doing anything radical.

one is the template for every mainline zelda game to follow, and everything it did the sequels did better.
the other is an original take on the formula that stands as it's own thing.
I take the second one.

I love how OoT fags like to pop up every now and then and hope they can gain any ground with their MM is shit narrative. I've never seen one legit criticism of the game used against it so far. Just a bunch of inaccurate non-arguments like "2deep4u" and "grimdark" and "not enough dungeons/incomplete" and "reused assets" and "waaa 'time-limit'" Anyone who considers these valid criticisms are retards who don't understand videogames.

Yes, it actually is shit because of this. This is a fundamental issue that you always try to downplay to make it seem less serious than it is, but it fundamentally fucks the game. Any time you want to set out to do anything at all, even to check out one small thing for the sake of curiosity, even if you have no idea if it will lead to anything at all, you have to spend several minutes setting up that thing.

This is a huge issue when it comes to the major side-quests and it fundamentally fucks over the possibility of them being good. Why? Because:

- Each task generally gives you a window that lasts several minutes at most to figure out what to do
- This means that on order to be doable on the first go, the task as to be so easy that it's normal to figure it out in that timespan, limiting most tasks to being basically told what to do, instead of having more open problems
- If any task is actually more difficult than this, then you just end up spending most of your time repeating shit over and over just to access the short period you want to actually experiment with, as opposed to having enough time to search for more unorthodox solutions

So much time spend on the game just ends up amounting to padding.

>everything it did the sequels did better
Maybe if they all fused together into some super game then yes, but as it is, every Zelda does one thing better than Ocarina, but ends up falling short in almost every other aspect
Majora's Mask has better side quests, shittier everything else
Wind Waker has the better Ganon, shittier everything else
Twilight Princess has a better companion, shittier everything else
Skyward Sword has better dungeons, shittier everything else
BotW has the better overworld, shittier everything else.

>BotW has the better overworld, shittier everything else.

You mean field

daily reminder OoT is goat and MM pales in comparison

I disagree. For me MM has no replay value, while OoT has a lot of girth to it. I agree that MM3D is the better remake though if you don't count Master Quest 3D being included.

I think you need to play OoT again.
Twilight Princess is literally Ocarina 2.0, with better EVERYTHING. It's just not as memorable since it's not as big of a milestone.
And TP is not even my favorite.

Comparing OoT to TP is like comparing Melee to Brawl. TP has higher production values but that's all it has.

I thought BOTW taught us that nobody gives a shit about Dungeons in Zelda?

>Sup Forums decides to be contrarians and say “MM being better is just a meme.”
Of fucking course. At least the poll results are what they should be.