RAM compatibility is abysmal, have to run my 3000 Mhz sticks at 2666, otherwise it doesn't boot

>RAM compatibility is abysmal, have to run my 3000 Mhz sticks at 2666, otherwise it doesn't boot
>fire up Fallout 4, as it's usually CPU bound, it's hardly any better than a 4670k from fucking 2013 with less cores and threads
>still dropping under 60 half the time
>anything over 3.8 needs more than 1.3V
Did I get memed? Why didn't anybody tell me Ryzen is this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/492378265874901983/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty sure Fallout 4 can't use that many cores

Why would you use a game with a like 20 year old engine to test a 12 thread cpu?

If you replaced your 4670k with it and expected improved performance in games that use at most 8 cores, then yes you got memed.

Besides, your FPS drops are probably due a GPU bottleneck.

Never fall for the AMD meme.

congrats, you've fooled literally nobody into thinking you're not the same "ryzen isn't gaming" shitposter who's made these threads weekly, fuck right off back to Sup Forums and continue getting assblasted over there

fo4 is an unoptimized pile of trash. run any source engine based games if you want to compare hardware fairly

>RAM compatibility is abysmal, have to run my 3000 Mhz sticks at 2666, otherwise it doesn't boot
Update your bios. It takes 2 mins.

Does ANY game use 12 cores?
Most of them hardly use 4 and we're talking 2017/18 titles.

>I'm retarded

I know Deus Ex MD need at least 8 cores

That is with the newest BIOS.

*8 threads rather, but 12 threads is optimal.

Did you check the QVL of your motherboard before you bought the ram?

You didnt tell anyone about your gpu retard
Implying cpu only matters
Did you flash a new bios on your mobo? The rsm shit should be fixed by now

Sounds like bullshit or you have terrible rams. Ryzen's ram issues where barely even a thing anymore in summer last year.

>He fell for the poozen meme

Are you asking me if I paid 40$ extra for Samsung B die?

>Fell for Ryzen meme
>End up buying new hardware at the perfect time just before the crypto bullshit
Based

In other blogs, I went with a ryzen 1600 for a new build, expecting a massive improvement generally over the shite I had before but also compatibility issues with some of the decade+ old games I play a lot of for whatever reason. Got the former and none of the latter

The difference is now I can have a gorillion tabs open in the background, record the gameplay without dropping a frame and make all the daft webms I want

>SUPPORTS DDR4-RAM*

>* only some, fuck JEDEC lol

thats wrong. update your bios.
i run 3200mhz on my r5 1600.
also fallout is cpu bound yes but its singlethreaded so only single core performance matters. it doesnt use multiple threads.

What's the best way to webbum anyway?

>buy 3200 speed ram
>not on qvl for either the ram or my motherboard
>ram doesn't even mention amd or have anything amd on the qvl
>can still put it at 3200 with no problems

No im asking if you did proper research

>play on PC where most stuff is unoptimized crap with 1 or 4 cores top
>buy AMD with 51q2312 cores
oonga boonga

>SUPPORTS POPULATING ALL FOUR BANKS*

>* not really LOL

My Ryzen 5 1600 works :)

OBS for recording, webm for retards to trim/crop/convert a video within a couple of minutes. Think webm for retards might have changed the name though so just check the anime thread on /wsg/, they'll probably have an up to date link in the OP

But my 1600x does very well with high-speed DDR4

Thanks

Ryzen is for work not videogames.

>build gaymen pc without looking up all compabilities first
>why is my performance subpar clearly these parts/this brand sucks

Fucking Sup Forums-tards

>he tests his build on a Bethesda game

Fallout 4 just isnt optimized, at all.

>Need
I hit 60 FPS the vast majority of the time on my 3570K at stock. My 7700K obviously outperforms it, but it's not needed by any means whatsoever

Is this the new jewtel damage control thread? Daily reminder in the next few months you'll have the choice of gimping your performance by up to 40% or being the bitch of some Russian script kiddie.

>you'll have the choice of gimping your performance by up to 40% or being the bitch of some Russian script kiddie
Option A is buying AMD and option B is not applying the Meltdown/Spectre patches, right?

>ram compability just fine, my cheap 3200Mhz RAM runs just fine at 3200 without any tweaking
>don't overclock because it, already has plenty of power
>comes with a good cooler
Pretty satisfied with my 1700

AMD always sucked at performance per core compared to Intel, why are you surprised?

lel, have TR and got a mem that is not part of the mobo's qvl and it runs at 3200 no problem.

>Why didn't anybody tell me Ryzen is this shit?

They did, i'm 100% certain you were advised to blanket-avoid AMD products.

I don't bother telling people here anymore. Kids here are so focused on the "intel/nvidia are the boogeyman becuase they are the good parts" idea

>go with this company who makes cheap shit that sucks instead! stick it to the man!

incorrect

dxtory for recording (i guess obs is okay now)
mediacoder x64 for editing and transcoding

Good goy.

getting 50-60 fps after build 1.11.3 with my Ryzen 1600. Also bought 2x8GB 3000Mhz G.Skill RAM for €150
feelsgood.html

>buy AMD
>"hurr durr amd meme TOP LEL"
>buy intel
>"wow what a shill LMAO"

Sup Forums can tongue my anus

i agree with the ram compatibility thing, but your computer must be bad in other ways, fallout 4 runs perfectly for me and i only have a 1400

this game is actually so fucking ugly.

I played it the other day, 60fps, etc...runs perfect...game isn't fun

Regardless of what anyone says the industry sucks nintendos cock as a matter of course. This is probably the most highly rated game of all time judging by the hundreds of outlets giving it a 10/10

and it's simply not. It felt like a 6/10. A dead, ugly world from 2009

steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/492378265874901983/

turn light shafts off

the fact that you cant discover this for yourself and need 2 forums to help you is sad. google "tweak guide" next time, generation Z consolekid dipshit

>8gb ram
>why is my performance bad??

New processors are only streamers, video editors, and 3D modelers.

Five year old CPU's are more than enough for the latest games.

But Sup Forums said no game uses more than 8GB of RAM

I think Horizon Zero Dawn is better and I couldnt care less for the console wars

>what is emulation

If you weren't a newfag you would know my post is a new IP in the thread.

they don't, that guy fell for a meme

>If you weren't a newfag

by this you meant "if you used 4chanx" which means youre sending everything you type into your browser through their servers. good luck with that kiddo

itt: newfags use 4chanx

>4chanx
Never got this meme. May as well go to reddit.

Poozen

AMD has a huge amount of losses for a reason

Im running vengeance lpx 3200mhz without issues, all I needed was to update bios. wtf op

As someone who's been using 4chanx for years (fuck you), the post wasn't even a new ip

i never used it once and ive been here since 2006, it just seems like a supremely bad idea for anyone to know what i type onto Sup Forums. google already does

you know ive had this nightmare vision where in like 2030 google is like "okay, we're now going to ruin anyone we don't consider part of the new world order" and just blast out all the presonal info that ruins everyone they dont like

well you can now buy a competitively priced 8th gen intel card if you want

ah the wonders of competition

>acts like a retard accusing everyone of being OP
>gets mad when people call him on his bullshit

Ryzen is good, I'm glad I got one.

>60FPS
Yeah sure but try hitting 120FPS with 4 threads.
You just can't.

maximum bamboozled

Is i3-8100 much better than ryzen 3 1200?

Vanilla is just a barebones version of 4chanx nowadays, but before moot nicked some of the features it wasn't even that. You'd get the meme if you had something to compare it to

I got my Ryzen with Corsair 3Ghz memory which never worked correctly either regardless of bios update or the tweaks I tried to make. Was so pissed about it. I eventually got some FlareX 3200Mhz Cl14 before last halloween for two hundred forty bucks. Works perfect. I upgraded right before the memory prices went crazy so I'm pretty happy about it.

>the before time
I barely remember it user...

You are god damn retard if you don't realize what they mean.

Most of the performance resulting logic still occurs in a single main thread, what you're quoting is bullshit to sell new hardware since morons confuse multicore support with multithreading, and even then you have to pay attention to how it's used.

i think there was an episode of south park like that.

corsair was also a problem for me

AMD is a meme. Unironically leave it for redditors and stick to the better and more reliable options at Intel & Nvidia.

>upcoming release
>shitposting
every time

>bought a ryzen 1400 and gigabyte mobo
>bought some random Patriot DDR4 ram
>system didn't POST
>thought the mobo was dead because no beeps
>returned the mobo, got a new one
>still no POST
>turns out it was the fucking RAM
>had to order some Adata after double checking QVL and compatibility list

It was a fucking disaster building this shit

Which is why you do your research and check compabilities before clicking the order button. I mean if you just assume every part is going to work flawlessly with eachother every time, you're just stupid.

It did for my ivy bridge motherboard

>I mean if you just assume every part is going to work with eachother when going AMD
Fixed it for ya

This. Ram fucking working is not some premium feature
With intel I always bought whatever, but with ryzen I couldn't buy a cheap, good set I found cause it wouldn't fucking work, had to pay more for worse but compatible

>PLAYING FALLOUT 4

ubisoft games

>these are the retards that try and build a PC

AMD handles CPU voltage differently from Intel, thats the reason its higher and for AMD your fine upto 1.425v for long term OC.

>4670k
But that's still a really decent cpu. Cpus have not gottent that much better in recent years. We are talking about aroun 10% improvement.

Also you should have waited for incoming meltdown and spectre hardware level fixes before getting a new cpu anyways.

This.
I run Watch_Dogs 2 at the moment on 8GB RAM and I keep getting messages about not having enough RAM or I'll get framedrops. I haven't seen one yet (except that time Firefox had a memory leak, fucking shit browser these days someone recommend something good please).