In third person games where you have lots of different equipment that changes your character's appearance...

In third person games where you have lots of different equipment that changes your character's appearance, do you prefer them to wear a helmet or to keep their head and face uncovered?

depends
if the helmet is cool, then wear it, if it's not then uncovered

if it is cool i sometimes alternate, too

Helmet. I don't give a crap about seeing my character's face, even if it's customized.
Hearing people begging for a "no helmet" option in MHW perplexes me.

why would you be perplexed at a feature that would be optional?

What perplexes me is people begging for it, like it's that big of a deal that you don't see your character's face.

people will beg for anything, it's pretty easy, look:
please post a picture of another cute girl wearing armor

there's no real effort involved

Depends, if i'm in town, helmetless. If i'm exploring or in a fight, helmeted

>do you prefer them to wear a helmet or to keep their head and face uncovered?
I prefer to wear a helmet just in case I get quick shot snipers are about.

there's already a no helmet option in MHW

>people begging for it, like it's that big of a deal that you don't see your character's face.
But you eventually do anyway in a game series. Like with Bioshock you can see your character face before you meet Andrew Ryan.

>look at me I'm being obtuse

I'm not being obtuse, I understood everything, you consider something not important, therefore it baffles you that others do consider it important.
It's a great thing, to learn that others have different priorities.

now for the real question
do you like when helmets darken your face

If there is a character creator complex enough for me to spend 3 days making a character then I want the helmet off. Otherwise who cares.

Thats actually a hard question. Gonna go with B

>I'm not being obtuse, I understood everything
So you don't know what the expression means. Let me be as condescending as you are: "you're being obtuse" means "you're playing dumb". If you're not playing dumb then you're acting like an idiot. I didn't say "people who want this are sick in their brain" or anything, I said I personally find it really weird. You on the other hand are acting like a patronizing asshole.

>please post a picture of another cute girl wearing armor

Aight.

fine you are right i'm acting like an asshole
sorry

more

A for me, largely because I think faceless knights are cooler.

Although I could see someone preferring B for immersion purposes

that's not real armor
but still nice, duelist girls are great

Yeah, I prefer A.
Even though B is more "real", you look like a fucking dork.

I wear a helmet if it's full covered or like A but I won't if it's B

annie is also cute

your pic looks like pic related, who unironically has the potential to become a doomgirl, i am not fucking kidding.

agreed.

Why do people always draw fanart of a "Doomgirl" instead of a modern version of Crash?

Who?

I prefer having the option to toggle the helmet visible or not. I generally prefer to be able to see my character's face/head. This goes double if I'm not a fan of what end-game helmets look like. I'm not a fan of what end-game helmets in Dragon's Dogma look like for non-melee vocations, for example, but I can't toggle them off.

Doomgirl

no, no, no, her face shouldn't be happy, she should have a fucked expression, the one of someone that "has fought counteless eons against the wicked".

I imagine that'd be a pretty happy face.
If I fought demons and beat their shit so hard they kick me out of hell, I'm pretty sure I'd carry a smile around all the time.

something like comic doomguy? that actually would be great.

Most elite (SOF) soldiers have pretty happy go lucky attitudes, similar to the personalities of astronauts and fighter pilots. Her being happy makes sense.

yeah, you are right, i was thinking in another girl which would be not happy but broken and insane with an obsession for revenge if she was in doomgirl case.

>no scars
GARBAGE IMAGE

>helmet

Bullshit.

Doomguy's tired of Hell's shit and has been doing this for countless eons. Staying there just to keep them from fucking shit up only for another version of the UAC to fuck it up from the outside. That's a shit Doomgirl.

Someone'll eventually post the one that's actually good.