ITT: The weapon you mained on your first playthrough of Dark Souls

ITT: The weapon you mained on your first playthrough of Dark Souls.

More respect granted if you weren't told by somebody else what to use and where it is/is dropped (like a pussy).

>BK Great Sword, gotten right before Undead Church
>Sometimes halberd/crystal halberd
My run comprised of praying for twinkling titanite and only doing running attacks in boss fights

I ran through the graveyard and got the zwei. Before then I couldn't even get passed the Taurus demon.

>tfw you find the Ash Lake and can FARM it

The shield with high stability but you take a little damage and uchigatana.

Fire long sword

First droped weapon I got from unique-ish enemy. Stayed with it for the rest of the game since it looked amazing, good in hallways and had a decent reach outside them too.

Saw Cleaver master race

Black Knight Halberd from the Darkroot Basin. Up until then I was using the starting longsword. I had no idea the weapon was so broken until second playthrough when I tried to find another weapon to try. Kinda ruined my first playthrough, to be honest.

Uchigatana is a beautiful weapon but I mained it in DeS so I was like, 'sorry bud but we've had our time'

Longsword

I thought it had to be good because you needed to run under that bullshit dragon to get it, 7 playthroughs later it remains my weaponfu

I also used it in DaS3, it's the best

Fucking Uchigatana, man.
>grinding the berg
>get all the shit from the merchant
>save it then kill him just for kicks to see if he drops the rest of his inventory
>get katana
>it's better than my current sword so I use it
>holy shit it's arc is fucking great for clearing undead, it does good damage and makes shit Bleed.
>end up finishing the game with Lightning Uchigatana.
>I wish I new how to quit you, weeb sword
>you're just too much fun to play with

hand axe, halberd, zweihander. i used the halberd for most of the game. tinkered with quelaag's furysword as well.

OP here, this was my secondary. Loved its movement ;)

Where my Lucerne niggas at????

DS was my first souls and i went in blind so i ended up switching constantly but pretty much equally and farming mats to upgrade stuff
so the stuff i remember:
always 100% phys shield / grass shield
longsword
halberd
zwei
claymore
Black Knight sword

zweihander, un-upgraded up until about O&S and at 10 for gwyn fight
I didn't know you could upgrade weapons until my friend told me about it, I killed andre and would have killed the other blacksmith too if he didnt open his mouth

classic, +5 respect from OP

>well this guy was pretty challenging
>Black Knight Sword huh, sounds cool, I'll get the stats to equip it
>proceed to steamroll the game
>every other weapon is a disappointment compared to it
>replay the game
>it drops on the first BK in Undead Burg AGAIN
>when I played until near the Taurus Demon for the first time and lost my save and had to start over, I also dropped it
truly my weaponfu, destined to be with me

Thanks!!

I used a +5 Divine Claymore and I couldn't figure out until after I beat the game where to get the Large Divine Ember, I also didn't realize until I played through the game a second time what Divine weapons do to skeletons when necromancers/Nito aren't around

It did not work very well for me at all. AT ALL.

Anything interesting every happen with that merchant story/dialogue wise besides him talking about his basket gf?

WHERE ARE MY SHADOW GARB/GRASS CREST SHIELD BROS AT?!!!

This neyba gets it

Balder Side Sword

my first playthrough of dark souls was ruined by my friend who wanted me to play with him so he walked me through the tutorial, forced me to get master key and go through the back way through blighttown, showed me the staircase jump in anor londo, cheesed the archers for me, etc. how do i go back in time and prevent this?

God tier if you go for catacombs at the beginning.

but w-why would you kill him?

This.

he's obviously an asshole

by not doing your first playthrough with someone else

Beat biggie smalls first try first playthough because of this beauty.

that's a beautiful love story desu +10 respect

i found the gravelord sword by accident pretty early on and used that most of the game

how was i supposed to know how to play it? he pretty much bought it for me one day and said play it with me and i felt like i had to because he bought it for me. i didn't know the game existed til he gave it to me

I killed the second blacksmith in DaS2 on accident and it wasn't my first game. I thought he was an enemy.

black knight sword after killing the one before the blue tearstone ring

I was out for blood I guess ever since crest fallen knight killed me like 20 times in the starting area
this too

Black Knight Halberd dropped for me from the Knight right by Grass Crest Shield, fucking destroyed my first playthrough two-handing BKH with that shield on my back.

Ugh I forgot which NPC it was but somebody tipped me off that they don't come back if you use divine weapons but I was faithless :(

it sucks and it's outclassed by any other sword, but it will always be my first, so it holds a special place in my heart.

head injury resulting in long term memory loss, you know it's worth

Used this on my level 8 character all the way to ng5, even used it to PvP.
90% successful invasion kill rate

get out of my way gringos

>how was i supposed to know how to play it?
The game starts with a tutorial.

I don't remember what weapon I used 7 years ago. I've played it like a hundred times since then and all the playthroughs blend together.

Gargoyle tail axe. I was so stoked to get this off that boss. I love maining axes and this thing looked bad ass.

my nigger, this sword is absurdly fucking powerful and it looks so goddamn retarded that it goes full circle back to amazing

I think it's pretty obvious he meant, "how was I supposed to know that co-op was not the ideal experience for the first time through the game?"

do you know why like poison/bleeding and whatever else all go up when you equip it lore wise? read the description, got nothing and was like 'the fuck is going on?'

Lightning Spear +4

Yeah I +5'd this bad boy even when it was more or less redundant so I could pull it out for kicks every now and again

No I have no fucking clue. It confuses me to this day.

DS III was my first, but it did get me to play the others.

>mfw using a holy mace in the catacombs
I crushed that bridge skeleton army on my first encounter and felt like a god.

Can someone tell me the exact fashion in the OP?

You control a single character, it's obvious.

it doesn't have resistance to those does it, like, it's a fucking long shot but-

Dual wielded these after NG+. Fun as hell

I mained Claymore and still usually do. I love the sweep and stab range

>just now remembered that I baited people using this sword and the shitty 6.0lb shield during invasions
>just kept my shield up and running the entire time
>they kept chasing and then I'd blast them when I turned a corner
Nobody ever expects an INT build if you have the drake sword and shit shield out

>Soyanon is made someone else's bottom bitch in a video game
>Asks us how to go back in time to prevent him from being a bitch boy
>Expects a serious answer

it just gives you extra resistances dude. That is how they show you that your bars are getting bigger

Uhhh OP here, and I don't really know? Just wanted a picture of the Great Scythe. Could it be Velka's shit?

titanite catch pole, worked out pretty well, i got it off that demon under the blacksmith

The Halberd. Just a really solid safe pick

right here homie

hollow hood and logans robes. gauntlets and shoes are hard to tell

I liked this too, got it from one of the demons on the bottom floor of Sen's Fortress- I was dex/intelligence so I was like 'welcome to the undead mission friendo'

>murakumo
Did the old "wander into the graveyard and get my shit slapped" routine but one of the big skeletons dropped his badass sword for me. Used it for the entire game.

>bitch ass friends buying me shit because they want the privilege of playing vidya with me
>soyanon's tears streaming down his face as he imagines the thought of having friends to play vidya with
thanks for the fanmail user!

i made mine raw so it was tough to use in the latter game. but it has such a great moveset for dealing with crowds.

I did that too and all I got were binoculars

Starting equipment for bandit. I just stuck with it.

So basically claymore, the power attacks on this were cooler though

Yeah, I agree. But looking back, I use it again all the same. Also I prefer horizontal slashes to stabs.

picked it up on my first play through, didn't put it down until my second (because it didn't drop)

CHAOS CLAWS BABY COME AT ME

Raw Bastard Sword.

I always play blind.

This, I think it dropped from the Black Knight in Darkroot Basin on my first playthrough.

Where my big boiz at at?

u mean slug boyz

Drake sword until anor londo and then silver Knight sword until the end.

SOMEBODY SAY SLUG?

here my weapon

Man-Serpent GS

I don't remember exactly where I got it but I got a Halberd pretty early on and ended up using it for the whole game.

scimitar then quelaags furysword. I levelled STR so it was quite gimped

This, because I used a Crushing Claymore in DeS and fucking loved it, I was excited to have my weaponfu back

Where's my Iaito niggas at?

Saw Cleaver then claymore when I tried Dark Souls

>/trashhhh/

right here my negro

That's just a bad uchigatana

Gargoyle's halberd, cause the moveset and range made it easy to use

It has a better r2

Where my Shotel bros at?

I mained fire enchanted Gargoyle's Halberd because I completely fell in love with it's attack patterns, artorias' shield + said halberd and oh was I wrecking shit
Used it to get through the WHOLE game, every single boss, even Manus.

I remember getting stuck on Ornstein & Smough because I read online that they are susceptible to electric damage, I kept using some other weapon I had with lightning enchants but I couldn't beat them for over 50 times, I wasn't accustomed with the weapon and just tried to smash my head against the wall.
The moment I switched back into my trusty Halberd, I won the fight on the first try.

Weird how the game gets incredibly easy after the first REAL run, I was speedrunning the game and killing every boss on first try at my second run of the game, this time with heavily upgraded Claymore.