Which one is better?

which one is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UvhecXYcvF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Last of Us is a classic just like RE4.
TLOU is slightly better though because the gameplay is better and more natural and the story isn't shit.

Last of Us because it has a loli.

resident bepis

>and the story isn't shit

No it's just terribly generic. Even more so than "Are you a bad enough dude to save the president's daughter?"

RE4 cause it has BALLISTICS

RE4 is actually fun

RE4 has x10 times better story and literally without exaggeration x100 better gameplay

So RE4

Why are you comparing a game and a movie

Resident Evil 4 was a great game with an amusing storyline and memorable, campy characters, with action gameplay interspersed with short, simple puzzles and exploration to break the monotony of the shooting aspects.
TLOU is a boring moviegame with repetitive gameplay, overly long unskippable totally-not-cutscenes to break the monotony of the boring, overly simplistic cover shooter segments that take you between derivative B-movie tier post apocalyptic movie cutscenes. It does have multiplayer at least, I guess, but RE4 has more replayability despite that.
It's not much of a contest, really. Even factoring in that it killed the RE series, RE4 is still a thousand times better as a game than TLOU.

>it's a movie reeee
git a life
youtube.com/watch?v=UvhecXYcvF4

The Last of Us blew it the fuck out so hard they decided to go with the first person outlast clone route

Don't bother @ing me with a seething response, it's just the truth and I'm the messanger

>Outlast clone
It's just classic RE in first person dude

>Enemies can't interact with Ellie
Resident Evil 4 wins for knowing how to program AIs

>@ing me

4 resident evil is the better game. it was directed by shinji fucking mikami. tlou was made by naughty dogshit

>shinji fucking mikami
Oh yeah, it was directed by that guy. That guy, much like Hideki Kamiya, who has not made a good game in over a fucking decade.

>that ending
>generic
pick one

It's generic. Sorry that you're an easily impressed So(n)y cuck.

Resident Evil REmake.
4 is garbage.

>4 is garbage.

It's a shock ending.
That's been done years before you were born, user.

>it's generic because it has zombies in it!!!!
that's part of the setting, not the story

You call that an armpit?

>Humans are the real evil.
You seriously thought he meant the zombies?

He's not just talking about the zombies you dumb nigger, how many times have we had a "protect this child who happens to be immune to the virus" plot?

Before TLOU? you tell me

so what was the message behind RE4 then?

>the story isn't shit
you literally spend a year walking across the country to get this girl somewhere and then take her back at the last moment against her wishes. the story was ruined, everything that happened in the game was for nothing other than for Joel to pretend he was a father again. at least RE4 didn't take itself so seriously.

fucked if I know, I haven't actually gotten around to playing yet.

Resident Evil 2.

it's about the journey, not the destination.
What Joel did was completely in-character for him, considering the things he'd seen earlier in his life and the bonds he'd made with this girl. Stories don't always have happy endings, and the surgeons you brought her to didn't know wtf they were doing anyway. They could have just taken a biopsy but they were too incompetent to do any procedure without killing her. I seriously doubt they would be able to develop an *antifungal* vaccine, a very new and experimental thing in medicine even today.

Like every zombie film since 2006.

>TLOU
>classic
>better
Jesus fuck, these GenZ delusions are getting out of hand.

I agree with your point but Sherry was in no way immune to any virus.

two completely different games

RE4 is better in every way conceivable

how the fuck is it even a contest
last of us is uncharted with a shit fuck "survival stealth" system and a b-tier apocalypse film script
resident evil 4 redefined the way shooting works in video games and is a brilliant thrillride with a million fresh ideas executed perfectly. and it has the good sense to laugh at itself

President Seagulls 3:Premesis
Objectively GOAT all those who object, check that pulse m80, ya kiddin ya dead slugger.

TLOU easily

>resident evil 4 redefined the way shooting works in video games
holy shit this is just all sorts of wrong

the one thats more accessible to everyone

no, but seriously, TLOU. its not even close

Bait

The Last of Us
>no attache case micromanaging
>no QTEs
>no tiny little fences that you could easily hop over to progress but you need to go find the key to open the gate
>no castle sewer with invisible monsters
>no Salazar statue level
>no hedge maze level
>no right hand
>no castle level
>no jet ski escape
>no water room
>no Krauser battles
>no "Help me, Leon!"
>no tedious roundhouse kicking and knifing to conserve ammo

I only replayed Resident Evil 4 once, because I realized I kept saying to myself, "oh I hate this part" every ten minutes.

The worst thing about the last of us was the fat zombie boss fight in the school gym, and that was only because it felt so cliche.

>HE DOESNT AGREE WITH ME!
>BAAAAAAAAAIT

shut the fuck up you autistic cunt

>unskippable walking segments make up a majority of the "game"
Sure it's not a movie, bub

Basically every post apocalyptic book or movie involving some kind of plague or virus or bacteria or fungus of any kind
If we expand that to "father figure protects child/child figure" then it's like 10k books and movies before TLOU and all of them did it better

Resident Evil 4
>oh my god, I'm surrounded by zombies!
>freeze time
>combine herbs to make health potions and heal yourself
>select your shotgun
>take a few moments to think about if you want to use a grenade, I mean, you have so many and you never use them, might as well, right?
>send a text to your friend
>go see Marvel's Black Panther™ now in theaters
>unfreeze time
>kill a few zombies, but get knocked down
>freeze time again
>heal
>reorganize attache case
>unfreeze time

The Last of Us
>be surrounded by zombies
>I could really use a molotov but I don't have one!
>take cover
>zombies are approaching
>open crafting menu
>zombies are approaching
>combine ingredients to make molotov
>zombies are approaching
>wait for construction time to finish
>zombies are approaching
>finish crafting
>blow away the closet zombie and molotov the rest

The Last of Us is so much more tense simply because you actually need to strategize in real time

Yeah that's true, movies don't have any challenging game parts to them.

>TLOU
>be surrounded by zombies
>it's okay because their AI is retarded and they can't even see you when you're crouching anyway as long as you don't make noise like a retard
>be surrounded by bandits
>it's okay because their AI is retarded and they'll charge directly at you or yell loudly while "flanking" you (during which they will lose track of you in spite of you not movie while they were flanking) and they have a 5 degree FOV

i feel like i've entered an alternate reality just looking at this thread

i seriously cannot tell if this is 99% bait or if Sup Forums is genuinely this horrible

So what you're saying is that RE5 and 6 are better games?

>challenging the player is clunky game design

Sup Forums is genuinely this horrible
This thread is filled with the kind of people whose first videogame was Skyrim for whom TLOU was their Deus Ex or Quake III, who never saw Children of Men or any of the other countless movies TLOU ripped off, let alone the various books (since they don't read).

Resident Evil 4 is not challenging. It's tedious.

yeah, Resident Evil 4's AI is so much better.
>run directly at Leon until your five feet away
>then slowly walk towards Leon
>maybe throw something?

like honestly i don't hate tlou i think it's an alright game with some good performances and all that but jesus fuck, re4 is a literal generation-defining masterpiece

>tedium=challange

Ah yes, the classic "anything challenging is tedious unless it's easy"
I'm sure the 6 hours you spent listening to people talk while you walked around placing ladders or ferrying Elie across water for the 15th time whenever you play TLOU is not tedious at all, no sir. It's only tedious if it requires me to actually play videogames, that shit is for nerds I'm here for a generic zombie movie.

The last of us has way better controls, RE4 is stiff and jank as hell now.

nowhere did I mention "clunky game design" and at no point did I mention any of these things were "challenging."

There are games far more challenging than Resident Evil 4 that I enjoyed like Natural Doctrine.

>Resident Evil 4
>actual level design designed around the primitive AI
>TLOU
>throw like 5 dudes in a room with some chest high walls and hallways for them to run down so it looks like they're smart for only charging directly at the player's gun barrel 60% of the time

Those were only there to hide loading times. It's not actually part of the game, no more than the door opening video is a part of Resident Evil 1's gameplay.

None of them. They are all fucking terrible.

I'd pick Resident Evil 4 just because it has better shooting mechanics. Like for example, I could actually get head shots off when I try. Where as In Last of Us, I would sometimes get a dead on head shot and it's like it didn't register at all. But I think that's due to them reusing the janky as fuck shooting from Uncharted, which was never good to begin with.

Why do people even like the story of The Last of Us so much? It's always praised to high heavens despite being a fucking cliche that's been used a million times.
>Two people are forced to travel together for reasons that are out of their control
>They dislike each others at first
>Lots of arguing and fighting towards the end of the game
>Girls is about to die (sacrificed for the greater good)
>Man goes all "No! I love her too much! I have to stop this!" (Usually this is done with a romantic relationship but here we have a father-daughter relationship. Works the same way nonetheless)
>Guy saves the girl because he can't live without her
Have you played Prince of Persia 2008? It essentially has the same story except it's the more traditional variation that has a romantic relationship. I'd love it if someone explained to me what's supposed to be so special about the story in TLOU. I personally found it extremely predictable and it's just crammed full of cliches.
Not to mention that the actual gameplay is tedious garbage so it's not a very entertaining game.

>muh soyboys cinematic zombie gay experience
>real game with real gameplay and fun campy story

choose one faggot.

survival horror games make movement more challenging. it's part of the design you dumbfuck underage shitposter.

>actual level design
Okay, I know you're talking out your ass, but I'm going to call you out on it. The levels were not designed around the primitive AI like you said, unless you mean "they put windows and breakable doors everywhere so the AI could find you."

How exactly was the house defense level designed around the primitive AI? It wasn't.

The message was you don't fuck with the USA.

Because TLoU has genuinely pretty good presentation, namely in the voice acting, and is generally an immersive game, so people completely overlook the actual quality of the writing.
It's a generic story told well, which is fine, Star Wars is the same concept, but the difference is nobody calls Star Wars high fucking art despite having much more claim to the label.

I dunno, I find that there's a lot of awful flaws with TLoU if try to analyze it on any level beyond the surface.
It's really not something that holds up to any kind of literary scrutiny but people act like it does because muh feels, it broke new ground this has never been done in a video game!!!!!

The fact that it's in a video game means it's way better than just "decent" which is what it would be in any other medium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B-movie plot being held together by the superglue of a wisecracking american hero is unironically better than muh substitute daughter.

Most stories follow a basic structure. It doesn't necessarily impact the quality of it in the negative or positive. Rather, it's the characters, worlds, and situations themselves (and the moment-to-moment writing) that can elevate archetypal narratives.

Hell, one of the most popular franchises in the world (Star Wars) was based on a centuries-old pattern of storytelling.

I played games in 1995, I watched both Children of Men and The Road before I played The Last Of US and it is still one of my favorite games.

the absolute state of this board

Sure you did, bub.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

>no attache case micromanaging
>no castle sewer with invisible monsters
>no right hand
>no jet ski escape
>no Krauser battles
>no roundhouse kicking and knifing to conserve ammo

I mean, you're talking about these things as if they were bad, that shows shit taste (even though I agree with QTEs and water room being bad)

So then you're just one of those guys that gets a massive hardon for anything zombie related?

>One is borderline weebshit
I think I know what the winner is on this board

>current year
>people still have problems with the water room

I don't get it. I'm a retard at shooters and I have never once had trouble with the water room. To the point that the first time I ever played the game (like a year ago), I was convinced I hadn't actually reached what people were talkng about yet.

RE4 has adaptive difficulty so if you die a lot before reaching the water room it's easy as piss

>great gameplay
shoot zombie in head walk up to it press square repeat

>run directly at Leon until your five feet away
>then slowly walk towards Leon
>maybe throw something?
You played on Normal/Easy, and had the gall to say the AI acted like that. Go fuck yourself.

>he thinks I died a lot in RE4

Again my friend, I'm a retard at shooters and even I didn't find the game particularly hard outside of maybe the first time I ever fought Verdugo.

No I just like immersive Games, like Dead Space, Dishonored and Bioshock.

People rarely replay games they beat or rage quit as a kid and see if troublesome sections were as they remember it

>Dead Space
>Dishonored
>Bioshock
>immersive
I wish my mind was that malleable for immersion.

>Dishonored is immersive

What is this fucking immersive meme, do you even know what immersion is?

I agree actually

>listing things you like
>on Sup Forums
Rookie mistake, kid. You’ll just get shit on.
In future, just imply that your taste is greater than whoever you’re arguing with, but give no solid examples.

Both games are excellent but they're too different to be compared.

Nowdays I would say TLOU is a better game, simply because I can't stand babysitting Ashley anymore. Every scene where she's with you and you can't dump her in a garbage bin is a complete drag and extremely annoying on the hardest settings.

TLOU also has better variety of environments and I'm pretty sure is longer, but RE4 has Mercenary which is a lot of fun.

so is TLOU

Ashley is such a shit character, no wonder Capcom removed her and every mention of her from all the sequels but also, everyone who likes her is a fucking degenerate with a shit tier fetish.

TLOU has a better gameplay loop but the answer is still RE4.

Just because every PS exclusive now is a TLOU clone doesn't mean it's genre-defining user.

The obvious answer is Resident Evil 4, by the sole fact that i wasnt even interested in playing TLOU in first place hence its not even that good to make me play it.

I didn't find the water room all that difficult either, although it did rape my shotgun ammo, I'm just saying if you die even twice right before it, the game won't even spawn crossbow guys there.

>the last of us
>classic
>better than re4
t. sony(c)uck

Oh, well that has nothing to do with TLOU so I don't know why you brought it up

>TLOU is longer
Not really worth the zero replayability it has though. Outside of MP if slow-paced console shooters are your thing there's no reason to actually buy TLOU, you can just rent it and beat it in a day or two and send it back.