Yakuza thread

Just finished 0's story and it was fantastic, about to start the Yakuza remake but was wondering how stand alone will 6 be? preordered the premium edition anyway but was wondering if it is best to save it to the back log first.

Yes, retard, go ahead and skip the whole series.

>preordered the premium edition
>Yakuza 6
My condolences.

It's garbage. Much like 0 and Kiwami, Kiwami 2 improves a lot on the combat of 6. Except the difference between 6 and 0 is that 6 has no redeeming qualities.

So 6 is really that bad?

Give me some good Kiryu art for pfp Sup Forumsro's

what order do i play these games in?
halp

release order

Release order like every other video game series

this shitty board hates everything, what the fuck do you think? it's not the best game in the series by any means, but it's not bad either. if you like yakuza you'll enjoy the game.

Yakuza 5, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 2, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 1, Yakuza Dead Souls, Yakuza 6 and then Yakuza 0

I always say Play in release order so you don't have weird expectations for gameplay because you played a newer title first, unless you're looking to play chronological then I guess just go 0, 1/Kiwami, 2/Kiwami2, 3, 4, 5, 6. The spin offs you can basically play whenever because they stand alone, but they're better if you've played a couple of the games first.

Nah, it isn't that bad, yeah it has little content, terrible story, performance issues and tons of bugs but it has shiny graphics and wacky ragdolls, and that's all that matters!

I have this one.

Thanks

It's experimental as fuck. Yakuza 6 was their first game in the new engine and it feels like they're throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. It's not a good send-off game for Kiryu and it's not even top 5 of the best story in the series. I'd rather wait for the Ichiban game than play this. But on the flipside, it's probably gonna be the first Yakuza where you go, 'holy shit, it's like GTA in Japan!'

>how stand alone will 6 be?
nope

Wonder if they'll ever decide to go full western-pandering mode and add cars and a big open world. Series dies the day that happens honestly.

>add cars
Play Yakuza 5.
>western pandering
That's Dead Souls. A shooter and there's zombies and American flags (DLC) everywhere.

I meant more of a seamless connected large world where you can rob cars and shit. Something like Sleeping Dogs.

>cars
Don't see that working well due to all the narrow streets and large crowds, but something like a bike or moped might be cute.

I have a ps3. Is there an unofficial English patch for that version of Yakuza 0?

Sadly no, because nobody got around cracking PS4 games.

He's asking about PS3 you dummy.

>Y3 just got stuck in the disc drive and only came out through luck and five minutes of fiddling
>PS3 almost killed itself trying to eject it
Am I glad that I have homebrew as a backup in case the disc drive gives up, because Sony can't build consoles for shit.

Common sense you retard.

Common sense you dumb shit.

Oooooh

That's a shame. Maybe someday.

Since you’re apparently dense, he’s saying since the PS4 version never got cracked translating the PS3 version would be at best, a fuckload of manual data entry from the official translation. At worst, the build of 0 on PS3 may not even be set up in a way that would allow for an easy translation patch. Basically buy a PS4 if you want to play 0.

Glad you finally understood.

>wondering how stand alone will 6 be?

Not at all?

One doesn't follow from the other. A PS3 fan translation has nothing to do with PS4. Kenzan has a fan translation project going, for example.

I mean, it’s as stand alone as any other Yakuza title. You’ll miss some of the progression but if you understand the characters you’ll still get like 85% of the enjoyment out of it.

Imagine being this stupid.

It’s more that there’s very little drive from fans to translate the PS3 version when a perfectly good PS4 translation was released by Sega.

That makes much more sense, but still has nothing to do with "cracking PS4 games."

Holy fuck, I can't believe someone is this stupid.

Release order what else?

Well why not get 100% and play release order like you’re supposed to? Why do Yakuza threads always turn into “but how many games can i skip?”

It is harder to work up the drive to play through a multi generation franchise from start to finish.

I’m not recommending it, just saying it isn’t impossible to enjoy 6 having only played 0/Kiwami.

I don’t think you really want to play yakuza user. Play 0,Kiwami and then Kiwami 2 and decide if you want to get serious into it or not, but don’t just start at 5 or 6.

You can literally play Yakuza 1-5 on a single PS3.

It does seem pointless though when the other games exist. They even just reprinted some Y1 & 2 in the US right?

God, Rikiya is the cutest.

Sucks that I already knows that he dies...

That is assuming you know Japanese so you can play the HD collection, or have the old ass model with backwards compatibility.

Get a PS2 user! They’re cheap! :3

>that thirsty Chie

I love how honest of a bike she is.

A PS3 is very easy to hack allowing PS2 emulation. So if you know Japanese you can play 0-5 on PS3. If you have a fat PS3 it has backwards compatibility for 1-5. And if you have a slim PS3 you can hack it for 1-5.

Or um a PS2 guise. You could get one of those.

A PS3 and PS2 combo is also another way to play Yakuza 1-5. There are many options.

What order do I play these games in?? All I have is ps4

I'm convinced the guy who programmed both oicho-kabu and blackjack just hated people who did the side content. It also feels like the further into the series you go the more egregious it gets with how much the AI cheats but then you have everything else getting much easier AI-wise though mahjong sometimes pulls out first turn Riichis which is fun. Going for the 50k in blackjack on Kiwami was a test of patience since it feels like the dealer only gets 7-10 and if it gets anything lower it's to get a 21 for itself. Plus you know if the dealer has a 7-9 it's 90% of a chance for him to have a face card under there, and if it's a face card showing it's definitely a face card face down.

Yeah, but question was about playing first entries of the series on a single PS3.
Oh. Last I knew PS3 hacking was still a pain in ass and required very specific firmware. Glad that it's been figured now.

You play Yakuza 0, Kiwami and then while you wait for Kiwami 2 next year you get 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 in your life through various means. For now; 0 and Kiwami.

I think as long as you don't have the super slim latest releases you're good.

People will say "release order" but I think playing Zero first is fine. It has some of the best stuff that series has to offer, is a cool intro to most lasting elements, and is available easily.
If you loved it and can stomach some dated stuff, start working on release order. If you liked it but don't want to play PS2 games, go with remakes. If you completely disliked it, you definitely won't enjoy rest of the games either.

4 and 5 are on PS Now

Always release order you fucking retards stop asking stupid questions.

PS now isnt available in every region

>finished 0's story and it was fantastic, about to start the Yakuza remake
just don't, leave a period of rest between yakuza games. Juge games that you WILL burn out on.

Just finished 3, is it worth taking a break before starting 4? Heard they were very samey

For newcomers

First go to Kenzan, then naturally the PS3 version of Ishin. Then you can safely move on to 5 immediately followed by Dead Souls. Then most people go Kiwami>2>0>3, then you can either go to 1 or Black Panther 2.

Finish it off with Yakuza $ Gaki No Tsukai / FatenessCHAMPIONSHIP before finally getting to 6 when it comes out. You'll be all set for Hokuto Ga Gotoku and Kiwami 2. Ignore 4.

Somebody said so last thread, was kind of surprised. It's not a huge leap like it was going from PS2 to PS3, but without spoiling too much, let's just say it has quite a few surprises, starting with your player character.

I would suggest you take a tiny break even if it's just playing for the story unless you are absolutely in the mood for more Yakuza since the games are similar. 4 has four separate characters to play as and it's much more polished than 3 was when it comes to gameplay on top of adding rooftops, the underground parking lot, and Little Asia, but you're still running around Kamurocho and it's still just the usual Yakuza affair which you should be used to by now. It does start you off as Akiyama though so that's a pretty big change of fighting style compared to Kiryu.

I wouldn't say 3 to 4 is samey, but it can burn you out. Maybe just wait a week before starting it.

4 is worth playing after, 5 is the one that's kind of samey and really requires a break before and after.

You forgot the most important title in the series. Binary Domain.

That goes before or after Kiwami

BOTH are fine option, just don’t skip shit after Kiwami

Ahh okay, I'll just binge Monhun for a week

>1 or Kiwami
>Everyone outside of Serena in chapters 1, 2, and 4 talk about how Serena is constantly closed and barely anyone goes up there.
>Kiryu walks in once unannounced immediately after getting out of prison.
>Reina acts like she'd be fine with anyone just walking in and serving them up a drink.
I'm quite confused how it got the reputation it did. I mean, Reina closes the place down at complete random due to people constantly picking fights with Nishiki or Kiryu and that's why people know it's sporadically open, but it seems like no one even made an attempt to try and enter the place and just let rumors fly about how tough it is to enter instead. Heck, even when Date takes over the place it seems like people act like it's constantly closed.

Hol up, what's this about Gaki and Yakuza? Is that a part of the joke too?

Don't spoil Yakuza 2, wait for Kiwami 2.

>three games in and they still pull this "Fuma" shit
Can't wait until he transforms into his final form Kazama.

Guess how Haruka got knocked up

There's an Absolutely Tasty! Takoyaki at the Highball store and then Chono's also in Kiwami 2.

I hope they have more Majima in whatever they make next. I feel he is a greatly underused character.

Tell that to Kiwami.

Not standalone at all, zero and 1 are the only ones you could possibly start with as your first

I think my game plan will be, beat Kiwami, collect the others and wait for 2 Kiwami before working my way through slowly.

Has anyone made a Yakuza thread bingo card yet? Needs >fucking chink pandering and >fucking majimafag pandering, at the very least

>still no codes and JAVs
What the fuck it's not Yakuza thread

yakuza games work pretty well as standalone games, you might miss a few things here and there but they're pretty self-contained. if you don't have a ps3 you can just watch the cutscenes on youtube. if you live in the US you can play 4 on PS Now which has a pretty good recap of the previous games.

this isn't a Anri thread

Oh um, my favorite studio is Rocket. Is that fine?

Man fuck Oicho-kabu, and fuck Haruka for making me play that shit.

>the normalfag Anri shilling begins
Well, it was a nice thread while it lasted.

Let's buy properties!

I don't give a shit about Anri, I give a shit about codes, fags
And yeah, don't ruin this thread with your waifufaggotry

Why do people keep saying shit like this as if it's something that happens throughout the series nowadays? They announced a soft reboot of the series even and you still get it for some reason

According to Play Asia, the Asia release of 6 will feature English subs and be released on March 20th

>Rikya's death is another "beat a guy and then let him have a gun lying right next to his totally entirely unconscious body" episode
Come the fuck on. By Yakuza 5 Kiryu should have a gun phobia and flip the fuck out whenever he sees one.

Yakuza 5 had a scene where Kiryu seemingly doesn't let the asshole snake character slink away and then proceeds to just beat the shit out of him for being an asshole.

He then stops, lets him slink away and that character gets shot by someone else, fucking hell.

>By Yakuza 5 Kiryu should have a gun phobia and flip the fuck out whenever he sees one
Nigga dodged two rockets at the same time while standing still, what the fuck are you on about