Nothing but terrible threads on page 1

>Nothing but terrible threads on page 1
Can we have an Overwatch thread instead?

>Can we have an Overwatch thread instead?
Only if Mercy sits down on my cock amnd strangles me while riding it.

>nothing but terrible threads on page 1
>can we have a terrible thread instead?

/thread

I want to discuss the current state of the game

It's still boring as shit

its always been terrible. Now its extra terrible.

that it's bad?

or that all the mercy shitters are losing it because she got nerfed and Jeff isn't reverting it?

>page one
>2018 and this guy still doesnt use the catalogue

Why do you consider it terrible?

This to be honest desu

as an active member of the TF2 community, fuck you for killing TF2

mercywatch is finally over but ana is still not meta and old hog is still gone so fuck everything

slow meaningful content additions. Especially maps. skins dont count. Balancing has always been shit where half of the roster you're better off not using. lack of gamemodes.

What game with this many heroes has ever been balanced?

Any moba.

I loved Overwatch for the first month, but now I'm finding myself enjoying Paladins far more instead. I main Seris and she gives me a bigger boner than Mercy ever will. I still hop on occasionally, but since none of my friends are willing to make the down payment to play this game, I might just get them into a free tom play alternative like Paladins instead.

paladins is more balanced and has more characters

>stuns up the ass that remove you from playing the game
>shooter first mechanics that dont work with the rock,paper,scissors mechanic
>shitty meds that no one wants to play
>no skill based movement for most heros
>gamemodes are ass that favor stanidn in an area over any skill-based tasks
>balance is ass
>one new hero every 5 months
>maps are chokepoints connecting spawn to point and lots of pretty useless space in between
>pandering to everyone means the elite exploit skill-less damage and require massive changes and nerfs to balance.
game sucks

Characters have little personality

bullet spread and weapon recoil feels too artificial and awkward

If one teammate dies, then everyone else has to wait for them to respawn in most cases

The lack of ways to spice up your favorite character(s) through different weapons to equip or an item shop to buy from, make it very boring very quick

some/most characters are not even worth playing or feel too behind

balancing is through pick rate thus leading to "flavors of the months"

lootboxes

characters that require skill to use often do worse than characters you just hold mouse 1

thats everything I can think of and what I've experienced since release day

>more balanced

not anymore lol

I dont know what it is about this game that keeps me coming back. It frustrates me, its boring at times, the fanbase is annoying, but I cant quit it.

Why is Mercy so good and why do you want to _be_ her?

It's your fault if you're getting stunned.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "instead"

How many months requires ow to die?

That sounds like a shit argument. How many heroes even have stuns? How many of them are visually or audibly telegraphed and what's the travel time of them?

I liked it for the first few months but they've done nothing to improve it. All they've done is fuck up the balancing.

>months
Blizz is going to be pumping out content for this game for years. Look how long tf2 has been around

Time will tell. I think the lower skill ceiling of Overwatch will discourage veterans from sticking around forever. There's tons of heros with different playstyles to choose from but I think after people hit 3000-5000 hours and are getting hard countered by new players they'll feel like fucking off.

Quite a lot have stuns but the longest one are very well telegraphed and have audible queues.

Mei's freeze gun will cause the player to slow and go "Brrr" and you can easily see it. McCree will shout "Hold up now!" and you'll see him throw something. Reinhardt grunts when he begins his charge you can hear his rocket booster as he approaches. You can hear Ana's sleep dart go off and she'll use her rhetorical "Feeling sleepy?" Doomfist will yell when he lunges forward and you can hear the motor in his glove whirr. Roadhog's hook you can easily see but the leading audio queues is poor so it's probably the most unfair if you don't know if he's nearby.

You can thank the manconomy for that.

OW just finished it off.

>Matchmaking system
>Not letting players host their own servers and police themselves
>Nonexistent content additions despite massive revenue
>No custom content, which is the only reason TF2 has lasted this long
>Seasonal events where they make it as hard as possible to actually get the skins you want
>Blizzard is fine with making high reward and low skill heroes (see Mercy changes)
>Blizzard nerfs high skill high reward characters
>Gameplay revolves around hard counters, further removing reward from skill
>Most of the characters don't have hitscan weapons

I didn't mind it at release because I expected it to be polished into a much better game. I was horribly wrong.