FTL thread

Do you think I can stop at that system to the left before going to the end, or will the rebels catch up with me before then?

Did you know the FTL development team is making a new game, about planet-side mech combat, which will release on the twenty-eight of February?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

use your fingers and see if that same amount would go over the next turn.

Too close. Don't risk it.
I sure hope their new game is good.

>combat
You mean puzzle. It's definitely a puzzle game. Not that that would be bad.

you should have just enough space

This is Into the Breach. Say something nice about it.

I think you can make it, unless there's a ship there and it gets away from you.

Nah, you're good mate. 100% safe.
Learn to read that shit, you can eyeball the distance.

You should make it.

Got any more info about this mech game?

store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

I want to be excited about ITB but I have zero interest in these puzzle/tactical games

It's basically a puzzle game, in each scenario you have 3 mechs, an endless wave of ailen reinforcements and an objective (survive x rounds, protect X, that kind of deal). You have to use your equipment which have different damage, range, and movement properties and the environment to buy time for your objective. It has an NG+ mechanic where you can take 1 experienced pilot to the next iteration and unlockable starting mech configurations with different gimmicks like the FTL ships.

that sounds like it could be decent. not my normal game type but i may give it ago

What should I improve next?

weapons then more engines. i'd also move two of your guys from the shield rooms into the door and cam rooms

m8 are you blind? that's a boarding party ship. There is no one in the shield room.

I found a trading station and bought two humans to man the shields and the weapons. It also has a Flak 1 for sale for 65 scrap. Should I buy it?

Aaaand then I fucked it all up by teleporting all four of my boarders in just as the enemy ship exploded due to a fire knocking out one of their systems. RIP.

looks like shit

Of course.

Always buy flak.

gg

>post yfw you first learned there were 3 forms to the fucking rebel fagship

Easily enough space there.
How can you play more than 2 hours without getting a feel for that?

Is there any benefits of going into red and purple zones instead of green ones?

this is why you man sensors

Get your friggen medbay & doors to 2 already.

DIVE

ITS GONNA BE FUCKIGN AMAZING

You should be buying Flame Bombs instead, they are great for boarding ships.

More fights. If you have a boarding ship build, it definitely pays off. That said, not all zones are equal. Pirate > Rebel >= Mantis > Abandoned >>>>> Rock >>>>>>>>> Slug (I know it's listed as purple, but I'm putting it here anyway)

And even with a good boarding ship, I'd still take an Engi sector if given the option.

man i LOVE advance wars!

>Four Mantises

Beautiful. You're good to g-

I'm so sorry, friend. Allow me to pay my respects with an 'F'

I think I'm still in a decent position, even with that loss.

If you're a rock crew, sure... otherwise, you're just asking for this to happen.

What the fuck you've been smoking nigger ,purple >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest
you get like twice the amount of jumps from them, which means more scrap, more events and more delicious plasma storms

What's your favorite ship? For me it's the Man of War. Just feels so good tactically exterminating all the pissants aboard a ship without even touching it.Clearing out the Rebel flagship ASAP is fun too and a good way to fuck it up, so long as one guy is left alive so the autopilot doesn't come online.

Going to fight the Rebel big baddy. Wish me luck

First jump in the final sector

God is with us, men!

I'm making it!

Press F to pay respects to the boarders I lost

>tfw i've never won FTL, even on easy mode

at least captain's edition is interesting for the first few sectors that i can survive in.

are you unusually bad at strategy games? what usually goes wrong?

Press spacebar to pause the game

any manner of things really, but often come up against a ship where i don't have the firepower to keep their shields down for long enough, or my last CE run where i just got absolutely reamed by boarders and had no defence against it
i suppose my problem is i get success through one method, become focused on it, then will probably get destroyed by one of the different phases of the flagship which is designed to counter my method

>don't have the firepower to keep their shields down for long enough
Fire your weapons in broadsides (save up until all weapons are charged, then fire). This means you only need to keep the enemy's shields down for half a second to get some shots in.