Can anyone give me tips for this game? It's my first strategy game (outside of Pikmin) and it keeps licking my ass

Can anyone give me tips for this game? It's my first strategy game (outside of Pikmin) and it keeps licking my ass.

>licking my ass.

Hot.

>it keeps licking my ass
I'd say you're doing it right then.

*kicking

>Licking my ass

>it keeps licking my ass
isn't that the point?

jokes aside here's what you gotta do to win;
1. move forward one square with every unit
2. overwatch
3. overwatch
4. overwatch
5. ovewatch
enjoy your easy mission wins

Just go watch playthrough of someone who is good.

Try this:

-always in coberture
-always overwatch with everyone, that means you only will use 1 move each time
- Upgrade your weapons ASAP
-while combating if you can attack twice DO IT
-always save your game in different slots and always save at the start of each map

>licking my ass

>-always save your game in different slots and always save at the start of each map
How pathetic are you?

1)Don't rely on overwatch, it's not the damage dealing ability, it's way to deny alien movement.
2)Minimizing damage to your guys is more important than hitting aliens, especially when chance to hit is less than 70%. Hunkering down behind partial cover is essential in higher difficulties
3)Use abilities which are guaranteed hits, i.e. supression, mind powers, explosives
4)Snipers are effective, but the playstyle you'll learn with them will be thoroughly punished in EW and XCOM 2
5)Fucking deal with it when RNG screws you and don't whine. On normal and easy RNG is actually rigged in your favor, on classic and higher its not rigged at all.
6)First playthrough on easy can be done on ironman, unspoiled. Did it myself.

The game still crashes sometimes, so I wouldn't recommend not saving manually. Savescumming sucks though.

NEVER have the last person in your squad with turns left move forward

Clearly not pathetic enough to post stale memes.

More like DONT DASH into fog of war

Allright then
>stale memes
How is going fellow intellectuals?

If you end your turn, and there are no aliens in your sight or those who already seen you, you are completely safe during enemy turn. They can't spot you and attack you same turn.

>merely pretending

>Hunkering down behind partial cover is essential in higher difficulties
Not really, on higher difficulties, hunkering down in partial cover doesn't count as protection on its own. For the most part, your troops should have two "layers" of protection against any potential incoming enemy fire, and full cover (or hunkered partial) only provides one layer. On C/I difficulty, sectoids have a 35% chance to hit you in full cover, and thin men have 45% (outsiders even worse, 50-60%). That combined with the base critical chances in those modes means that if you have troops in full cover (or hunkered half) without smoke, suppression, high level armour or psi fields protecting them, you're running the risk of them getting killed.

I fucking hate impossible difficulty.

>implying i didnt think he was referring to savescum when he suggested to save at the beginning of every map
Why would i even pretend?
Many pic related today

>hunkering down in partial cover doesn't count as protection on its own
Not like you have choice in some missions

>my first strategy game
Bad choice.

this is why i hate this game its so fucking boring

Sure, but at that point you need to anticipate that that soldier is going to get killed. Also it's why smoke grenade exists, to keep the number of those instances to a minimum.

Either than or put a rookie in no cover in front of them. Better to lose a rookie than a promoted squadmember.

Then play XCOM 2 where you got a timelimit in every mission. Also alot of aliens with human breats

This is almost on the level of the guy who thought "pinching the loaf" meant "masturbating"

Is..is..is that not what it means