Anyone here excited for Stellaris Apocalypse?

Anyone here excited for Stellaris Apocalypse?
Looks like they're fixing a lot of the shit with the game including
>Reworked FTL travel
>Reworked border control
>New ships
>Doomsday weapons (which actually look meh)
>Improved pirates and marauders which act as a mid game crisis
>Reworked fleet management so wars aren't just a "put all your ships into one big fuck off fleet and the entire war just becomes 1 space battle and then bombarding planets"
>New technology tiers

There's more but those were the highlights for me. Am I right to be hyped about this?

Yeah it looks alright

It looks alright but wormholes being removed really pisses me off. I loved playing as the combine and swarming worlds with deathstacks through a wormhole. Choke points in space also doesn't really make any sense.

Border changes look excellent. Mid game content is very much needed, pirates were a good decision. Overall I might get over the FTL changes if the other content is good enough.

What are all the end game crisis now? I remember there was robot uprising, other universe energy being and the insect swarm from another galaxy.

I'm lukewarm about it.
The varied FTL drives made interstellar war interesting. I hate hyperlanes.
The new way of claiming systems might allow players the opportunity to build Tall with a greater variety of civics. So I'm excited about that.
Titans though were always available through the steam community. Not much in the way of meaningful content there.

I'm going to wait for a second opinion for buying or pirating.

I'm hyped for it.

Stellaris is moving in the right direction, I feel. It seems like they have a good team on it.

I still refuse to pay for the DLC though. Fucking kikes.

Looking forward to hyperlanes and fleet size rework.

I think it's the same. Robot rebellion got a rework as a result of the synthesis update I think and there's options to increase the strength of them in the pre game settings. Oh and I suppose you can have fallen empires awakening and declaring war on each other as a crisis somewhat

I need more assurances that missiles will actually matter beyond 'we're changing missiles they wont be shit, maybe'.

Anything that moves the game further up the Kardashev scale is good for me. What sort of space game doesn't have superweapons?
I want the power creep to seep in over and over until by the endgame you can rearrange the galaxy and make a literall wall of black holes surrounding your territory or nonsense like that

There needs to be some mechanism to prevent decisive victories except in situations where one side is dramatically stronger than the other.

I want my wars to fucking last and FEEL like a war, with ebb and flow over a period of years - a sustained, concerted effort.

Not just one big battle, hunt down their fleet, and then siege their worlds.

>NAKED CORVETTES

Yeah they're doing that with the reworked fleets so in battles it's easier to disengage and smaller fleets get a slight bonus to their fire rate against larger fleets.
There's more stuff. Read some of the developer diaries about changes to war and space combat. Looks pretty good

>Stellaris: Apocalypse is due February 22. It'll cost $19.99/your regional equivalent when it lands.
wow gees

BARGAIN OF THE FUCKING CENTURY MATE

Is this the obligatory expansion that actually creates a finished game, or should I wait for the next expansion?

Silly user, Paradox games are never finished

They become playable at some point at least.

What were the main changes to diplomacy besides the reworking of settling a war? You can't sabotage an enemy faction to spread LGBT bullshit from within?

I'm excited. Not so much for the Apocalypse expansion (which is basically just a collection of already existing mods Paradox is asking money for), but for the free update that comes alongside with it.

The border system changes sound great, and I like the hyperdrive-only FTL rework. Warp drive turned war into an annoying game of whack-a-mole, and wormholes was just busywork with all the building (or destroying) the stations. The new starbases and fleet management sound fantastic too.

But I'm mostly interested in how the changes affect the Star Trek New Horizons mod. Base game is fine, but the mod is the only way I play Stellaris these days.

Is this mod some sort of scenario or is galaxy still randomly generated?

It's a total rework. Races, tech tree, civics, ships, custom features for each species etc. all done from ground up. You can pick a map you play in from several variants of the "canon" Trek galaxy, or simply a random map like in vanilla.

Yeah this. How many expansions are there for EU4 now?