Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Comes out April 3rd. 50 days remaining.

Other urls found in this thread:

pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skills
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OUTLAWS OUT. FOREIGNERS OUT. KEEP DEADFIRE PURE.

This is how the leveling up process looks now. You can mix and match passive and active skills from up to two classes.

New skill system and skill descriptions:
pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skills

The big five-O huh

Any official word on a possible documentary? I just rewatched The Road to Eternity and I'd love another one like it.

MDGA

Friendly reminder that outlaws aren't bringing their best

Some new Lvl9 spells.

>noise: extremely loud
rip my tinnitus ;_;

I think noise levels are going to alert the surrounding enemies, making them join the encounter even if they were not initially pulled.

Tornado is level 9 now? Hope they improved it

What language is Eternity written in? C# I guess, considering it's in Unity?

will this continue the story from the first game?
it was so uninteresting but combat was fun

Yeah, but it's set in an entirely different continent with a new villain, so only to to an extent. It's mostly new characters.

Not really, but it's related to the story in the first game. It takes place in a completely different setting
>it was so uninteresting but combat was fun
The combat is literally five sixths of what it used to be

There was no documentary mentioned in the campaign unlike the first game. If they're smart, we'll still get some youtube behind the scenes videos for extra hype, though.

>1.6 sec cast time
That doesn't sound too bad, especially if dex affects it (like it should).

>The combat is literally five sixths of what it used to be
That math doesn't take into account multi-classing, sub-classing and new abilities from level 17 to 20. We need something more precise.

Friendly reminder if you killed Verzano you fucked up.

Reminder if you don't roleplay and you actually changed your decisions due to Obsidian's posts, you're sheep.

Reminder that Verzano was human garbage and if you didn't kill him you're a cuck

I'm basically rushing through this game with cheats so I know what the hell is going on by the time Deadfire comes out. Also for that 1% chance of banging Eder.

I think scrolls are cast fasteer than actual spells, because they are already prepared. Or maybe the casting times on scrolls are just placeholders. Spells take a bit longer to cast than that in the beta.

Should have just played story mode. The game resolves rolls in your favor which is basically cheating.

Sheep are cute

>Pillars of Eternity: Lords of Eastern Reach is on Tabletop Simulator
BASED

Oh.

Well fuck me then.

It would still take too long because I have other obligations I need to tend to. Plus I'm not even anywhere close to White March yet, and I've heard that's pretty expansive.

They can be shortened by the arcana skill as well.

where do i get the beta

You can't anymore. It was a backer tier

Another day, another character.

It wasn't even worth it. You had to pay around 100 bux to even get in and there's no main story content in the beta so that nobody would get spoiled.

What's a good level 1 spell to get per encounter? Most of them don't seem really useful at that point

Want to do one last run. Give me an interesting race/culture/background/class combo Sup Forums.

Slicken for that interrupt.

Forgot to mention it's for a priest

Prayer against fear to save scrolls?

Meh, you don't get feared every battle

Armor of faith. 4DR is no joke. Stacks with a mug of ale for 6dr total.

>4DR is no joke

4DR is a joke past level 6.

NO HATESEX WITH PALLEGINE - NO BUY

Blessing, free +10% damage in a good radius.

>4DR
>literally a third of a full plate
>joke
lmao

Pale Elf Mystic Priestess of Wael from the White that Wends

Meadow human Aedyran Aristocrat (Royalty) two-handed greatsword Fighter.

Yes

No. It's 4 points of general DR that works against elemental damage and stacks with food. Depending on your armor, this spell usually increases your elemental damage resistance 1.5 times. Take a sip of white ynefer before combat and you're looking at general 7DR. You know how much your full plate has DR against lightning? 8, you literally double your DR against most druid enemies and shit like blights.

Female Wood Elf Shieldbearer of St. Elcga Aedyr Clergyman

Pretty much

And it's still useless at the time you can cast it per encounter

DR is never useless, especially of elemental variety. You can successfully solo the game on potd with a super aggressive low deflection Barbarian through pure DR as your main mechanism of defense.

Nope, it's shit

Armor of Faith is still shit after level 6.

You're not missing much.

How content is available in the beta? Like in hours

Is Reputation ever worth anything?

It can open up or lock new dialogue or cause different reactions in dialogue, some of which are important to quests (for example an Honest character may be believed where another wouldn't) and some of which is just cool.

>Download Tabletop Simulator just to look at cards
BASED READCERAS

Too less reputation and people attack you.
Sometime you get extra dialogue.
Few quests are easier with high rep.

I think 3 hours or so. More if you dick around less if you just rush to stuff and skip reading everything. There are two big islands (one with people, one with a dungeon) and a mini island.

It's good. DR in general is good enough to replace deflection on some builds, you just haven't tried it.

If those cast times are accurate than someone with high arcane will be a better caster than the parent class, seeing as spells take 5+ seconds to cast.

Who are the Jews of PoE ?

No

Any practical reason to, for example, go out of my way to max out Defiance Bay reputation? So far I haven't really seen it affecting anything aside from maybe one or two fluff lines.

The Dwarves and the Vailian Republics. Also, the Goldpact Knights.

Defiance Bay reputation is important for the animancy hearings and Eder's personal quest.

WHAT DO I PICK

choosing a faction of the three houses matters a bit, also changes a few quest you have access to. I haven't beaten it but assume it matters for the end game.

Is there a movement speed mod for this? The slow travel time is getting frustrating, especially when you have to go back and forth all the time. Google did not help.

Arcane Veil, then Hardened Veil. You'll thank me later when you'll be facing spirits that teleport to your mage ignoring engagement.

Do you want to go melee, implements or bows?

getting blast will make scepters and rods way more useful than bows.
also thisbut its mainly better if you are more melee oriented

I am more of a Divinity guy myself. I love how i can use terrain and enviroments to change the flow of battle.

Does pillars have any particular mechanic like that? Obviously not that... something unique to it?

Just press "D", nigger.

CC

The 2/rest seems kinda disappointing
Are any of these multiclassing lite feats useful?

pillars 1 didn't really but 2 should

apprentices sneak attack
greater deflection
I suggest dropping the bow as a wizard and picking up a scepter and taking blast-penetrating blast-dangerous implements

seriously the game gives you a god tier scepter pretty early in defiance bay

Holy fuck, you just blew my mind.

Classes and Subclasses

>Are any of these multiclassing lite feats useful?
They're all useful under certain build conditions. Veteran's recovery, sneak attack and charm are the most useful ones.

Don't pick any of the pseudo-multiclass abilities (from Acolyte's Radiance onwards). They're lame.

>1% chance of banging Eder

Why does best boy have no art

I believe in you, knightbro!

Isn't the +4 accuracy aura useful, especially for spells?

>Don't pick any of the pseudo-multiclass abilities
>take Enigma's Charm
>cast it on an enemy mage at the beginning of a fight
>enemy mage gets gangbanged by his own party
It's especially useful against Adragan shits when soloing with a melee character.

Doesn't stack with anything, including the real accuracy aura.
It's alright if you don't intend to use Pallegina, I guess.

Can be but I think it doesn't stack with things like blessing and devotions for the faithful

They're ALL useful under certain conditions. If you have a paladin, you don't need the accuracy aura, as you can simply take zealous focus on the pally, but if you don't, it's not the worst talent to take.

>not just using bulwark and infuse with vital essence

>soloing
That's like 5 people

Should I pick this Enigma's Charm, then?
I like per encounter shit and it fits the CC build anyways plus muh rp since it has cipher connotations

Do it if you want, worst case you can always respec in a tavern

first play through ill probably just try and remake my ubiquitous pistolier cipher. honestly had so much fun roleplaying a sly weak little wood-elf hiding behind my tanks punching holes in plate armor.

might try out doing a cipher/rogue for crazier crits

Go for it.
And just in general, you get enough talents, so don't worry too much.