So which is better? The classic trilogy or Retro's interpretation on the series?

So which is better? The classic trilogy or Retro's interpretation on the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Boqy0Q-4c_M
youtube.com/watch?v=w8LdqmggjUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SNES

>Rare's Donkey Kong was a dark and unique take on a Nintendo character
>Retro's looks like a pixar movie.

These games were never very good gameplay wise

>Pixar
>Not Dark

No, not dark.

they are literally the best 2D platformers

I think he's pretending to be Miyamoto or whoever was that Nintendo guy that was so butthurt they sold well.

>King K. Fool got btfo'd Smash
>then got btfo'd his own series

It ain't easy being green.

Originals easy

>dark and unique
The first two Retro games are legitimately fantastic, but the said darkness was just some good humor, they’re not dark.

That's a myth.

>movie has some drama
>"dark"

youtube.com/watch?v=Boqy0Q-4c_M

youtube.com/watch?v=w8LdqmggjUE

Donkey Kong Country 2>Tropical Freeze>Donkey Kong Country>Returns>Donkey Kong Country 3>64

Well thats your opinion
For me they are the worst

>dark
>HOW WILL DONKEY KONG GET HIS BANANAS BACK??

I don't like how Retro removed all the good level design and pacing only to replace it with gimmicks and set pieces, but hey some people have shit taste I guess.

this

Classic snes games. Also fuck the new ones for changing the controls.

BY SLAUGHTERING HOARDS OF EVIL PIRATE KREMLINS instead of umm.. drums or something?

kremlins were much better villians than anything retro will ever come up with, but they weren't dark or anything.

Retro easily. The SNES ones are overrated

The original Arcade game.

Scientists have theorized that one day, within your lifetime, you might meet someone who unironically enjoys the SNES game "Donkey Kong Country." And what's more unsettling: some argue that it's possible you've already met them, and they were just too embarrassed to admit it.

I liked the dkc games much more than the mario games as a plataformer, so when Retro changed how it worked i can say i was mostly disappointed. And i disliked how they didnt bring back kremlings, and removed other kongs presence, and how they removed almost all animal buddies, and how they removed almost all barrel puzzles, and how they removed my choice of character, and how bright and cheerful the new look is. So yeah, the new games are ok, but they are not the dkc i love.

Originals>Returns

Donkey kong land is the best one
Its insane hard

>slaughtering
They bounce off screen when you jump on them, get real.
Although I'll give you that the drums were meh villains

Perfect opinion.

>likes DKC more than Mario
>dislikes games with distinct level design

Yeah, it checks out

Tanabe needs to be fired, jesus

K. Rool is a two bit Bowser ripoff and deserves to be retired.

What do you mean by that? Because almost every level on the dkc games has a gameplay idea in it that gives them a unique feel while mario1 and 2 levels feel very repetitive by the 5th world or so, world a little bit as well. 3 is the one game (and 2 usa if you count that) where most levels feel more unique.

This bait was never good.

As much as I love the original Countries, Tropical Freeze is the one I've enjoyed the most

Just like these games

Hmmm

we get it tanabe, you want to push your godawful ocs

WELL

I'm the kind of fag who never played the original trology.

I did enjoy Returns a lot though. So I really should get around to it. I owe it to Rare's legacy.

There's nothing wrong with the gameplay in DKC1. The escalation of challenge is very straight-forward and there's a decent variety of enemies and hazards. It's a solid platformer.

Only DKC Returns fucked everything up with the idiotic motion controls.

>Third DKC game from Retro
>Kremlins back in full force

I won't lie, I'd love to see that.

>Shitting on Rare's Legacy.

Aren't they already, if that's what you're concerned about?

I couldn't really get into the original SNES games. Something about them throws me off too much. I would have never even have played Returns if not for the fact I got it as a gift and I loved it. It got me to buy Tropical Freeze, and I loved that too.

>playing DKCReturns on 3DS

It really is perfect

Same. Tropical Freeze is a really good platformer, but I don't get the hype behind the SNES ones

>bounce of an enemy the way to go fast and make it fun
>have no idea what lies ahead could be a pit could be a bee could be a misplaced enemy that kills you
Yeah great game

>these ugly pre-rendered models
T-thanks Miyamoto san

>YOLO through an unfamiliar level and get hit by an enemy
>Wow great game how was I supposed to know

>fucked everything up with the idiotic motion controls.

Dude, if the motion controls is what ruins that game for you, you're a fucking casual that needs to git gud.

It would be ok if there were time to react
But there isnt
Also the animal companions feel really tacked in at least in the first one
And 2 and 3 are just hovering Dixie the game

Yeah, the sausage fingers were MUCH better right?

Dude, you need to git fucking gud.

I prefer the retro games.

The retro ones just didn't really do it for me.

Yeah, but Dixie is hot AF

Hey Ive beaten all these games even land on game boy, with those dumb platforms in the sky levels, the design just isnt great

I hate to state the obvious user but if the game feels too fast, try going slower

I see what you did there.

I have purchased Tropical Freeze 2 times as of typing, both at full price.

I'm doing it again for Switch.

but its like dashing in megaman X, if you are ever not doing it it feels like you are playing the game wrong, its also less fun period to go slow

Well I did the same and had a lot of fun, whereas it sounds like you expect the games to play like Mario. Which I guess is okay, I'm a big Mario fan too, but this ain't his game.

I mean there is fun to be had or I wouldnt have finish them I enjoy the music and aesthetics way more than the platforming which is just whatever to me

>But there isnt
Dude, there is plenty for time to react, these games have no momentum, the moment you see something you can literally press the opposite side and avoid it or just jump over it..

>And 2 and 3 are just hovering Dixie the game
>not playing Diddy to go fast as possible in 2
I think you just have slow reflexes man, playing diddy in 2 and 1 is one of the most fun things i did when i played my snes and i never felt caught by surprise during it (3 has a few moments but no game ruining stuff).

Buying it again on my Switch too. I had a lot of fun playing it on the Wii U. I'd also buy Mario U again if they released it. That was easily the best NSMB game.

It's also the same as Megaman X in that if you aren't already familiar with a level, dashing carelessly will probably get you killed a lot. It's part of almost every game that they get more fun on repeat plays because you get to go faster and faster as you memorize more of the levels.

Does the original DKC trilogy have funky mode? No? That means Retro Studios DKC is better!

That's what I like about old platformers in general.

DEEP DARK FANTASEH

Freeze and 2 are the best in the series, and I don't really care where people rank them against each other.

I really love Freeze's level design, but the old SNES games have the edge in responsive control thanks to fixed-function tiling/sprite hardware and a

Tropical Freeze>>>DKC 2>DKC 1>Returns>DKC3

Agreed 100%

They're different games from different times. Both are good.

This.
But replace good with excellent