So Marvel isn't going to be at EVO, and being a dipshit that I am, and have never really kept up with it...

So Marvel isn't going to be at EVO, and being a dipshit that I am, and have never really kept up with it, nor do I play it. Why do people hate this game so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/0pkng
youtu.be/xlebGQ6mvv4?t=4m32s
game-debate.com/news/24423/denuvo-drm-5-0-released-after-4-8-was-cracked-this-week-first-supported-in-mvc-infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=1w6QxhZJJjw
youtu.be/FgqbEwhIdUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The graphics suck, people don't like the roster, and...

I guess that's it.

Aren't those reasons kinda weak thougH?

gameplay's solid but the roster, graphics and general presentation suck. Real disappointment after MvC3.

Plus it got overshadowed by DBFZ

That's up to you.

Personally, I have a lot of love for the game, but other people don't and now neither does Marvel, so any hope of the game picking up the slack and getting serious support in the future is gone.

The bad roster and presentation forced the gameplay to stand on it's own and since MvC was never good it naturally got exposed.

The reason it isn't at EVO is because Marvel doesn't want it there.

The game became a giant joke because of the bad graphics, and Marvel doesn't want the bad publicity since it hurts their brand.

Bad roster, bad graphics, mechanically a downgrade from the last game in virtually all respects except balance, terrible fan-service (characters aren't even themselves), huge DLC campaign announced before the game was even out, horrible PR events (infamous "functions" and "nobody remembers the X-men" lines), terrible roster, tournament scene basically doesn't exist beyond side events and it's only major event was the hilariously bad 2 on 2 infinity tournament Capcom had to run along Capcom Cup. Capcom confirmed it's not even going to be part of the pro tour this year. Scene is just entirely on life support.

Gameplay is the only noteworthy thing about, and every other fucking fighter has good gameplay + other stuff going for it.

>The reason it isn't at EVO is because Marvel doesn't want it there.

What really? That's hilarious.

Ugly.
Shit roaster.
Utter contempt for reasonable criticism by the audience of the game carried out by developers and Capcom zealots. This is probably the biggest part of it: being lorded over by insufferable cunts and told "you should support Mahvel—your criticism doesn't mean shit!"

Why would I buy pity-purchase Marvel when DBZF was eclipsing it right from announcement?

Nobody remembers the X-Men.

I still find this hard to believe, and everyone is saying it. Would they really be that heavy handed?

I honestly don't understand the hate for this game. It's got some of the best functions in the series.

>tfw one of the biggest, most popular CROSSOVER fighting game franchise has now gone straight to the garbage can
T-thanks Disney.

Aside from Marvel shoving their MCU shit everywhere I dont think Marvel's side of the roster is completely terrible. The capcom side though? What the fuck.

Yeah disregard that the game fucking bombed in sales.

Sounds like damage control.

Yeah, exactly.

The mouse is pretty autistic about their brand and public image, though banning MvCI from EVO is a bit of knee jerk reaction. It's not like MvCI is a broken buggy piece of shit or anything.

More likely scenario is EVO figured that there wasn't enough fan demand for it, and that DBFZ would overshadow it, so they didn't bother.

>Would they really be that heavy handed?

Fucking yes, absolutely.

Disney is super protective of their brands, you don't make the mouse look bad. Infinite's bad graphics became a giant meme that even people like PewDiePie made fun of. That isn't something that's gonna fly.

Infinite got the axe.

There's games at EVO with less players than MvCI. Reason why it's not there is because it's publicity poison.

Gameplay is normal
Aesthetics are horrendous
Lots of cutted characters, function stuff was a meme for a motive. There are a decent bunch of people that like x or y character and pick them up and get good
Roster is shit, same as above really. Reminder that MvC series started with X-men, and they were always relevant, ten you have PR shit about how they cared over heritage and you get infinite

Can you really blame Capcom? They were clearly being rushed to get the game out, and they had to come up with completely new characters for the Marvel side on top of that. A good chunk of the Marvel characters they have used in the past were not allowed. They were pretty much forced into rehashing the Capcom side.

Marvel doesn't like blemishes because they have Disneybux now.

They don't want to support a product with such negativity surrounding it. They don't even advertise the game anymore. People shit on the game in hopes Capcom would do better with the real MvC4 but they don't understand that there's not going to BE an MvC4 anymore since it's not profitable for Marvel to put their names on it.

>Looks like shit
>Music is trash
>Story sucks dick
>Roster is ass
>MCU shilling
>Next to no new characters
>And the returning characters that people actually wanted back like Vergil, Jin, Cap.Commando, X-Men and Dr. Doom weren't in it either
>Barebones single player content, Arcade Mode doesn't even have character endings from how tacked on it is
>At least three chraracters were held back from base game to be sold as DLC, DLC characters were out fast it's hard not to assume they were all ready before the game launched
>PR Nightmare: Retard Combofiend said chracters are only functions and nobody plays them for the chracters, just for how they play like
>Opened his dumb mouth again to say that nobody remembers the X-men anymore, even though the MvC fans have known the X-men since forever, the X-men comics still sell well, and they get movies every now and then
>This motherfucker as a costume over DMC1,2 or 4 Dante(This is my dumb nitpick)

Just about everything.

Visually the game is goddamn atrocious especially when compared to the stylized look of 3, with graphics that look barely better than what you might see in a high-end mobile game and godawful characters models that range from barely passable to downright embarrassing. Not to mention the UI design which looks like something you would see as a placeholder in an alpha build.

In terms of sound the music is mostly terrible orchestral crap that with a couple decent tracks but nothing on the level of the last game. The sound effects mostly fall flat and do nothing to help the flat presentation of the game. Voice work is also obviously phoned in with very little to no effort to be seen even from the actors who have voiced these characters for years.

Just about the only acceptable aspect of the game is the gameplay, but that only goes so far when so many other fighting games are on the market that not only manage to have that but also bothered to put effort in to all the others parts of the game. Plus what few extra modes the bothered to put in had almost no effort put in. The story was complete shit and they didn't even bother to draw ending slides for arcade endings.

The initial reveal was great and got people excited but then E3 happened and it became incredibly apparent that the game was fucked. In between the early DLC announcements, disappointing leaks, the obvious lack of X-Men that was continuously awkwardly hand-waived away in interviews despite being a major part of the series and the obvious lack of budget it's clear this was doomed from the start.

When you think at it, this shit doesn't work still as a MCU selling point. I mean, we should have gotten more villains like Ego, Ronan, Red Skull, LOKI, Iron Monger, Zemo, Crossbones, Abomination, Falcon, Agent 13, Ant-Man, Wasp, Star-Lord, Drax, War Machine, Wanda, Vision or Quicksilver if this was supposed to be that.

Shit, wrong picture, I'm retarded top

Also, don't listen to the capshill faggots saying the gameplay is good, it's fucking regressive garbage compared to UmvC3.
Fuck your two character shitheap.

>Why do people hate this game so much?

Did you not play the game?
Everything about it sucks. Literally, everything.

The gameplay is pretty good, but the big issue was literally everything else about it. Presentation was horrendous, with Disney mandating that Capcom focus more on MCU synergy and presenting a story. The game looks like a horrendous latter Xbox 360 game, forgoing Marvel vs. Capcom 3's colorful over-the-top style for a more realistic one made on half the budget. This also extends to the menus, ditching the comic book themed character select and menus. The cast is largely recycled from the previous game, and Capcom has been mum about the game since the Battle of the Stones tournament a few months ago.

worst part was the blatant shilling

It was a designed to be a game to scam the fighting game community due to Marvel's demands. Low cost, high profit, promoting the movies, zero fan service, censorship, television deals, held back characters to be sold as DLC, fan favorite costumes held back as DLC, ultra low budget animations and menus and graphics, and the list goes on. Everyone rejected it. So Marvel abandoned funding it instantly.

streamable.com/0pkng

They wanted to make all the decisions, Capcom to do all the work, and all the profit to be shared with Marvel just for their shitty license of dog shit characters no one cares about like Rocket Raccoon and Winter Soldier.

I did not. I'm just in a fighting game discord and several people have been complaining nonstop about it not being at EVO and blaming disney and this and that. I just wanted some insight since I play Tekken almost exclusviely

Disney would, yes.

And given the game bombed and has a negative reception (along with shit graphics), I can't blame Disney for washing their hands on it.

Graphics, sure, but roster? No, especially not in a crossover title. The overall production value of the game is low. Voice acting, art design, special effects, soundtrack, even the menus look shitty.

>No mention of the god-awful story
I mean it's fine for fighting games to have stories, but MvCi's is farfetched even by comic standards. It insinuates that Ghost & Goblins, Devil May Cry, RE, MegaMan, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Dead Rising, and every other Capcom series represented all take place in one timeline. Also Ryu is suddenly a scientist out of nowhere.

>I play Tekken almost exclusively

Good man.

Fuck, I know I forgot
>Abomination and heroes like Falcon, Agent 13...
Still, the point stands, this game was a fucking disaster, and maybe things would have been better if not for the disastrous PR job they did too, which everyone with a brain saw.

No blatant shilling, blatant desperation for selling this game when there was a shitload of issues and the FCG had seen Combofiend and his friends making the game as a big FATAL mistake.

>died after I got really good at it and formed a team that made me comfortable
>everyone’s playing DBF instead
Well, on the bright side, I have a lot more time to beat my RPG backlog without playing fightan taking up my time anymore.

>not playing DBFZ, the fighting game of the decade because salty from falling for the Marvel scam
SAD

>A good chunk of the Marvel characters they have used in the past were not allowed.

I don't think that's necessarily true. It's not that they weren't allowed, it's that Marvel actually had an agenda with this game compared to when they were first acquired by Disney and the MCU was in its infancy. It's not a coincidence that outside of Venom, every Marvel character either has or will make an appearance in the MCU in some capacity. Even Ghost Rider had his lame little TV show cameo.

It's likely that they had some say over the Capcom side of the roster, as well, which would explain Mega Man X getting hefty representation and other franchises getting trimmed down heavily, such as Devil May Cry with Dante as the sole representative and Resident Evil relying on Chris (generic action hero) and Nemesis (obviously evil zombie monster) to carry the name. It's alleged that Capcom practically had to beg Marvel to let them use Jedah, given that the character is pretty obscure and, as I see it, Marvel obviously only wanted one top dog villain and generic henchman types for the rest of Capcom to avoid stealing Ultron's thunder.

What if he doesn't like it? Have you considered that?

I bought it, but I wasn’t enjoying the gameplay, couldn’t find a team that made me happy, and the story mode just bored me to tears.
I couldn’t get my refund from Gamestop, so I just threw the game out with the trash and chalked it up to a really bad gamble.

This is a crossover brand celebration game. Roster is not a weak excuse.

I dont like dragon ball

Maybe Disney should make their own games.

>switching from 3v3 to 2v2
>removing assists
>small roster
>DLC
>Quick-tag mechanic being a terrible idea, bad to play against making spam viable, terrible as a spectator to keep track of gamestate
>Terrible PR. Too many negative memes. "Vappa"
>No X-men
>terrible graphics
>terrible audio (music, voices)
>shit story
>demo showcasing the story which probably scared more people away than it enticed.
>People were already suspicious of Capcom after lackluster USF4, SFxTK, SFV (on launch)
>No PS3 legacy support
>DBZF stole all the games hype
>rumours that MVCI was made on a shoestring budget, which if true explains most of the faults of the game

going back to 2v2 was one of the few good things in the game shitfuck.

Capcom should just make another Capcom Fighting Jam but actually good.

They have enough characters of their own to fill a roster.

Never forget:

youtu.be/xlebGQ6mvv4?t=4m32s

t. Cap cuck larper who bought MVCI deluxe edition
SCAMMED

I want a new Darkstalkers.

>throwing a perfectly good game out

dude you could've just got store credit or given it to someone else.

Well that's still roughly the same as being "not allowed". They were still stuck developing characters for Marvel and not doing much on their own side.

Honestly in some ways it feels like Marvel didn't care if the game failed. They must have known Capcom would take most of the losses in both PR and financials.

Neither Capcom nor Marvel have so much as mentioned MvCI since Battle of the Stones ended. The game came out 5 months ago, they clearly want to bury it as fast as possible. IMO, that's kind of a bitch move considering games like KI, KoF and Skullgirls all had regular updates following dogshit launches and probably a fraction of MvCI's budget. Hell, even SFxTekken got patched to be decent.

>>demo showcasing the story which probably scared more people away than it enticed.

This was a big one for me. If it just let me fuck around with a few characters in vs I would've probably enjoyed it. By that story mode leaves you with a pretty bad first impression.

is this one of those thread where a bunch of angry gay nerds shit on a game they've never played

The SFxT patch did jack shit for the life of the game though. It made the gameplay better, maybe, but people still quit playing. It was money into the garbage can for no reason. I can't see Capcom making that mistake again.

But DBFZ is pretty bad.

clipsDOTtwitchDOTtv / ResourcefulImpossibleHeronSSSsss

MVCI wasn't abandoned, the DLC launched 2 months ago
there's a fairly long period of wait for SFV too

if you want more recent proof
game-debate.com/news/24423/denuvo-drm-5-0-released-after-4-8-was-cracked-this-week-first-supported-in-mvc-infinite

Never forget what?

>shit characters
>shit graphics
>shit music
>shit gameplay
>the worst fucking shills who defend it

>posting memebertson's rumors
>rocket raccoon and winter soldier are shit
you don't play fighting games

Yes.

Exhibit A

This is one of my favourite anti-MVCI memes:

youtube.com/watch?v=1w6QxhZJJjw

>first one to do a long blockstun move into tag mixup wins
wow fun gameplay

Based shit-eating Capkuks

>cares about shitty nu-marvel characters
>thinks this makes him a fighting OG
kek
>show monster hunter fully playable on stream one week after launch
>its just a r-r-rumor guys!
LOL

Exhibit B

never forget his baldness

there is nobody shilling marvel. the game would not be dead right now if there was

Fucking retards at Capcom were pushing out the E-sports cart before the horse.They should've known that the 2018 market was going to be competitive and worked on polishing the game instead.

Don't forget to scream about the Sup Forumsappa boogeyman

>nobody
see: youtube.com/watch?v=1w6QxhZJJjw

They literally had this exact same problem in the 90s and did exactly that, with major success.

Skip to 1:14: youtu.be/FgqbEwhIdUQ

Sup Forums IS the vappa boogeyman you dumb nigger. do you not follow the fgg lore

(You)

>fgg nigger can't read
>actually admit that you come from this shithole

How does shit taste like, Capkuk? You eat it all day lmao

>3 ArcSys games
>2 Nintendo games
>1 (ONE) Capcom game

Where did it go all so wrong, Sup Forums?

Sup Forums's obsession with Capcom

i hate how you're demented and you think everyone is a capcom fanboy. there is medication for that. and yes i am from fgg, in fact im one of the people who started that general when it was still here on Sup Forums

They haven't made a good fighting game since MvC3

Every single of their fighters have been a fucking mess.

SFxT up and died and ruined any chance of TxSF

SFV launch was a fucking botch and it took two years to even get the game at a decent spot

And Infinite was just shit

Capcom needs Itsuno back doing fighting games like Rival Schools and Power Stone but he's busy with DMC5 so all they have left is Ono and a bunch of FGC guys who can't into good PR and development

Capcom is still a decent developer seeing MH World, Mega Man 11 and RE7 but their FG division is being out played by Bamco, ArcSys, NRS and even fucking Nintendo and their games barely skew by the term of fighters

>Where did it go all so wrong, Sup Forums?
When Capcom took the fan's and FGC's fondness for MvC for granted. They thought they could get away wiith releasing MvCI in the state it was.

Ono needs the boot

>DBFZ is coming. You better watch your back,nigga.

why did the crazy nigger go on stage and challenge chris g to a match of marvel during the winning ceremony?
why does he not have a shirt on

He won't because he technically 'saved' Street Fighter and fighters in general because how popular SF4 was.

To them, they're not getting rid of their golden goose despite that goose being a fucking fraud that got carried by a much better dev team

>tfw some other group is finally feeling the pain KI fags like me feel

not really the same thing since no one cared about or played KI to begin with

You know as far fetched as this is I wouldn't put it past Disney considering the treatment they give characters in the comics that they don't own the movie rights too.
I for one really enjoyed the game, more than 3 at least but not surprised at the backlash.

Man, I get endless satisfaction from the fact that FChimp wasted 5 months shilling this shit game, getting early access to it, and got fucked in the ass as thanks for it.

it's kind of heartbreaking because it's probably my favorite fighter this gen. i don't really understand all the hate for the game and don't really want to

>no one cared about or played KI to begin with
KI at least got in its first year, and three EVOs in total, how many did MvCI get?

KI has a good life, moreso now without having to get w10
some marvel players are affected by the "dead game" meme, but both games are doing fine

Why should Marvel get a pass for looking like shit, when everyone dumped on KOF XIV the first chance they got when it came out? Despite this, KOF had a decent roster and gameplay, yet it's dead with Marvel.

Game had an identity crisis.
Not counting the Capcom side of the roster just being rehashed and not really a good representation
On the Marvel side, which is the big selling point here given how big and popular the MCU and comics are becoming again, was just piss poor.
It is clear that they didn't want to use characters like the X-men, Fantastic Four, or anything Disney and Marvel didn't have direct movie/film rights to, because they didn't want to give publicity to competitors.
So they kept the roster to mostly MCU reps... Which is fine, the MCU is a great place to draw reps from.
Except the reps didn't look like their MCU variants, and didn't even look like their proper comic book versions. They looked... like someone doing fanart of Liefeld versions.
It just wasn't good.

Gameplay-wise, the gameplay was okay and servicable. But as has been said many times in this thread, every fucking big fighting game has good gameplay right now and what sells them over their competitors is the roster and the fanservice.

But the new KI did well and got some strong support. It had three "seasons" worth of fighters and roster building, and the mechanics and graphics were god tier.

>Crossover game
>Has shit roster
The reason is anything BUT weak, it's one of the most glaring problems of the game. People buy crossover games to see their favorite chracters, if the character they like aren't in the game, then why should they even give a shit?
It's worse this happend to Marvel, because this is a series lieterally founded by the fucking X-men, most people who play Marvel casually are fans of the X-men who migrated from X-Men Children of the Atom, and with them missing, what reasons do these people have to even come close to this game?

>It insinuates that Ghost & Goblins, Devil May Cry, RE, MegaMan, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Dead Rising, and every other Capcom series represented all take place in one timeline.
Namco x Capcom did that too though and it was awesome. It's all in the execution.

Because Capcom bias.

This place should be called Capcom Sup Forumsnity since they only care about fighting games from that company.

KI is a dead fighter on a bad system
NRS games are always bad
Tekken is made for idiots
ArcSys games are for weebs with trash opinions and neutral game
KOF is bad exclusively because graphics
Also Smash and any Nintendo fighter but those are for another day

But when Capcom fucks up, it's always because it's somehow fake news made up by shills of another company or falseflaggers.

That Capcom can do No wrong and that their fighters are always the best despite everyone being negative about them