Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14wqBA5Q1yc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

finally i get to post this again

OP BTFO

A+ user

Glitchless runs are just let's plays sped up

because glitches are fascinating to observe, revealing things in the game that you have never realized was possible before

if you want to see the entire game without glitching, then either play the game or watch a regular playthrough

old games without achivements use score as measurement of success so someone who died halfway probably had more score than someone who warped to the end and can proclaim themselves a better player despite not finishing the game

>watching speedruns

Because devs are dumb

Speed running is autistic

Ok OP, try to do ONE TRICK thata a speedrunner does. One TRICK. clip trough a wall, block on a frame-perfect timing, jump on an exact angle so you can fly around the world.

My point is, speedrun is more than just ''Lol, bugs izi pizi'', those tricks are hard af to do, so STFU

fpbp

Because it's a video game, you have to follow it's rules.
Nothing in the game says that you can't do a retarded wallshit and make three laps extra fast. And because you can and because the judges (aka the game) let's you, its ok.
Of course, these communities can accept judges outside of the game, and then they can make extra rules.

Lol OP you are a stupid scrub, you prbably play games for story like a little child.

I'm fine with some glitches, but when it's something like the portal speedrun it just isn't entertaining ti watch at all.

CEASE

grug not bound by arbitrary rule grug play how grug want

Since OP is rip, let's discuss how /ourgirl/ is doing

>even a fucking caveman is smarter than OP
damn............

Literally nothing I have said is untrue. Have you seen AGDQ? It's sperg central

>furries with hair on top of their fur

Why do people seem to selectively forget that there are sub-categories for every type of speedrun you could possibly want? You've got no-holds-barred speedruns, glitchless speedruns, 100% speedruns, and any others I've forgotten and any combination of these. It's super autistic to get bent out of shape about what counts and what doesn't when it already has a category for what type of run it is.

This is why different categories exist desu.

wouldn't have it any other way

How does it feel to be riddled with autism?

Can't we have both?

fpbp threads over

glitches take skill, precision and are fun to watch

Because if people acknowledged that they couldn't shitpost.

Why is it allowed to play on a release that came 20 years later and is only faster because it loads faster?
Or on an obscure Chinese console that you could only get games onto via a machine at a kiosk that doesn't even exist anymore?

Gee I don't know, maybe because it's faster, which is the whole fucking point of a speedrun?

Not to bring MLP into this, but some animals, such as horses and certain cattle, can have such an arrangement.

>I AM SILLY

*loads a Chinese version of the game onto a Chinese console at a Chinese kiosk machine*
*kiosk machine servers go offline and game is forever inaccessible to anyone who hasn't downloaded it before*
HAHA MY RECORD WILL STAND FOREVER

>those tiny legs

Go away, dumpy "woman".

The picture was of a dog though.

>casuals who couldn't jump the wall in wario's stadium

Fuck how do you even become autistic enough to speed run

Please don't do this

OFFICIAL NINTENDO PRODUCTS ONLY
*plugs in Hori controller*
*plugs in third party memory card*

>LOL
lol

I will never understand speedrunning, what a waste of time that could be spent gaining a real skill

might as well "watch" films by fast forwarding to the credits as well

But the version of the game is the same, the hardware it's being run on is the difference.

Typical nostalgiafags.

The desire to dismiss glitches or call for "legitimate" playthroughs of games is solely rooted in the insecurity of gamers who don't want their arbitrary achievements taken away from them.

Some goober felt good beating the Water Temple when he was a kid and loses his brain because you can bust it with hoverboots and a superslide all because he's mad to lose schoolyard cred that no one else cares about.

>*spends 5000 hours screeching at teammates in Dota2 for meaningless rank ups*
>haha, im totally not autistic like a speedrunner.

Does that mean it's ok to use literal cheats?

>it's the same
>there are measurable differences
hmmmmmmm

it's allowed because everyone competing agrees that it is, just like every other competition on earth.

as long as there's a category for it, yes

how is this even a topic? There are separate categories and everything.

I prefer to see someone good at the game completely dunking it, rather than someone clipping through walls and avoiding all gameplay entirely. The point is to do it as fast as possible though so whatever, its just kindof uninteresting when its someone walking through a wall for 2 minutes and they never get into a fight.

There's categories for glitchless runs. Simply compete in them.

Based grugposter

if by "cheat" you mean glitch that makes you complete the game faster and can only be executed in game without any external device, then yes
no

>no
yes. if everyone competing agrees on a ruleset, then following that ruleset cannot be considered cheating.

pretty sure by "cheat" he meant the cheat codes implemented in-game by the devs, in which case, yes, there are categories for games that have them

Read carefully, I believe in your single brain cell.

This is correct, anyone that disagrees is in denial

>and can only be executed in game without any external device, then yes
Is the konami code a glitch?

>open console
>skip to last level
>use console to kill everything
>"complete" game in seconds without using external device
EZPZ

there are categories that allow the use of gameshark codes too, like the SM64 "nonstop" category.

why can't you fucking faggots comprehend the concept of categories?

Why can't they make male clothing as soft as women's clothing?

prove it. no, you can't diagnose autism by watching someone's stream.

I swear to god those better be some girl's legs

if this was possible in the game, it would technically be a category, but I doubt anybody would play it

because they are equally as autistic as speedrunners, they just lack the capacity to apply their autism

The problem with this mindset is that it inevitably creates a slippery slope that leads to shit like tool assisted runs and other tactics. I mean, if you're going to use external programs and just glitch to the end you might as well just stick a game genie in and enter a code to instantly beat the game.

I mean, why not. It fits with the logic of "Just beat it as fast as possible". But its not really interesting or fun to watch or a show of any skill or ability. Which makes me wonder why they're doing it. Someone mastering a game and then playing through it quickly is impressive to watch probably pretty rewarding. What do you get out of effortlessly beating a game very quickly due to glitches? Its not impressive and it took no effort so has no reward because anyone can do it.

I'm not saying they're doing it wrong, there's no right way. I'm saying I don't understand why they'd choose to do it like this, choose to remove any fun in favor of putting up a 0:02 record.

Anthropomorphic creatures aren't actually the animal they are modelled after user. They arent real

These.

I hate mobas, collecting virtual shit and all games that waste your life gaining exp to 'level/rank up'

>writes all this shit
>still neglects to fathom the concept of categories
It takes talent to be this stupid.

All the categories are arbitrary

Programming socks aren't that soft 3bh, they're usually not even 100% cotton never mind using a quality material.

I don't care about the purity of the game, it's just more entertaining to watch longer runs. Longer runs are harder and more impressive, nobody gives a shit about 15min any% runs.

Tool-Assisted runs are not meant as a human-based competitive medium, they are meant to demonstrate how fast a game can be beaten given perfect execution and RNG.

And to your second point, often times executing glitches takes just as much if not more skill than just playing the game.

>nobody gives a shit about 15min any% runs.
Except Portal is one of the most popular speedgames.

It's different. End of the discussion.
>b-but a sticker on the box is the same!!
Nobody cares. The games are different.

Why the fuck does people get mad over it when there's a clearly separated sections for Glitchless and glitch based runs?

IT's like complaining car races are unfair to races in general despite being fucking called "car races"

You're still failing to read. Nobody said anything about a sticker.

But how many PUs did he cross

>Half-Life speed run
>New Game
>~
>map c5a1
gg

>literally the most popular category in the most popular speedgame (sm64 16 star) is a 15 minute run.
>nobody gives a shit about 15min any% runs
what did he mean by this?

>trick only works on Virtual Console because shitty emulation makes it not crash

You're not allowed to cut corners in car races.

1) Not even true because I gave iQue as an example and the software is different.
2) Wouldn't even matter if it was true, because the hardware is part of a console game. You can create a hardware that runs Tetris with Pokemon code.

>guy clearly is confused by what he read
>LOL READ IT AGAIN THEN
>still confused
>LOL READ IT AGAIN THEN
How are you people so lazy that you can't just explain what you mean instead of being passive aggressive?

That's not what I said. I said that calling "car races" unfair because they use cars to go faster is stupid, same way saying glitch-based speedruns in a category fucking called "glitch speedrun" are bad is stupid.

get good

Because it was clearly explained in the original post.

There should be a category where you have to type in any software tools yourself. In assembly language.

Because different categories exist. Just only watch glitchless if you care that much.

When a game has a glitch in it that makes a run boring, most runners choose not to use it, creating a new category for the game.
fpbp

>Categories
Buddy, I'm saying I don't understand why certain categories even exist. Why does anyone even care about or want to do a 2 second glitch to the credits run? Whats the point? Whats the draw?

Of course it wasn't, but sure, keep justifying your cunty and obvious passive aggression, cupcake.

Some glitchless speedruns are more fun to watch than glitched speedruns. Noone will ever argue that the Pokémon Yellow instant credits-warp is fun to watch, I think.

And the entire thing is community-driven anyway, so you end up with the "no major glitches" sort of categories, which take the best of both worlds. Add in an entertaining autist to stream it and you've got comfy viewing.

Also pic related

so you're mad because people find glitchruns more entertaining than your normal boring speedrun?

so what faggot if you want to do boring regular runs just do it in the closet so you make sure you dont put anyone else to sleep

This. There's a reason they have to split darksouls into separate category runs, because people want to see Darksouls 1 beaten quickly not just get the lordkeeper's vessel quickly.

>he doesn't know

youtube.com/watch?v=14wqBA5Q1yc

That's the point, dickhead

The version of the game is the same, the hardware it's being run on is the difference.

Because it's neat that it can be done. Noone takes short credits warp categories seriously. They're a diversion at best.

If you look at the actual leaderboards you'll see that the top runners in the short categories are also top runners in the long ones.

DUDE LEGS