What makes it the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9xA5EJBy7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

underwater football.

>What makes it the worst?
FTFY

fuck off

Personally, it's because I can use all the characters at once instead of having to pick four out of a large cast.
Also, it's the best since the introduction of ATB due to not having it. I hate waiting for turns.

The hero dies.

It doesn't take thing too seriously and then deep plus it has sex apple that why I like it

He was never alive

Well seeing as it's not the best, I'm going to have to say delusion.

your shit taste

the OST
the characters
the world of spira

Literally the reason why I dropped the game on its ass.

Wakka 'If I see swirly eyes the motherfucker dies' Captain of the Aurochs
Wakka 'Better dead than Al Bhed' Captain of the Aurochs
Wakka 'Born in the sand, nuke their land' Captain of the Aurochs
Wakka 'If it's against Yevon it's going to heaven' Captain of the Aurochs
Wakka 'If they use a machine, rip out their spleen' Captain of the Aurochs
Wakka 'Feed 'em to Sin and we all win' Captain of the Aurochs
Wakka 'If the eyes are spiral, the solution's final' Captain of the Aurochs
Wakka 'Really dislikes the Al Bhed Psyches' Captain of the Aurochs

The whores

>Doesn't know how to fifty
I hate new-faggots

Samefagging in your thread won't make it any more credible. The only way you can consider X to be the best is if you've never played any other title in the series.

Best battle system

Replaying it recently made me change my opinion of it. I used to love it back when I first played it, but when I went for Wakka's sigil or whatever this time around I realized what a piece of shit that minigame is.

Literally you all you do is get Brother, Nimrook, and Jecht Shot for Tidus. Then you can just use Brother to outswim everyone on the field, and get free scores. Sometimes you can pass to Tidus, because no one's going to stop Jecht Shot either. To say the least, it was boring as fuck.

The death forever cycle atmosphere and the OST.

Big goth tiddies
Immersive and redpilled world
You can choose to ignore the sequels

Why would you ignore the sequels when they're better than the originals?

been playing final fantasies since before you were born and 10 was my favorite.

Lulus tits.

>originals
>Plural

Having to max out Kimahri and getting all his overdrives despite never using him is literally worse than fighting the dark aeons

But you don't have to

Yes I DO

>suffocating linearity
>sphere grid
>blitzball
>character design, plot structure
not the worst but it's definitely not the best

>suffocating linearity
Not as bad as 13, also you get to do lots of extra shit if you want to.
>sphere grid
Good
>blitzball
Fun
>character design
Far from the worst
plot structure
I bet $5 that you can't even explain what you mean by that

Stop 100%ing games

There are a thousand other things more worthwhile you could be doing with your life. You've experienced the story, you've beat the game. Stop running on a virtual hamster wheel for the satisfaction of knowing that you did everything.

If the only good thing you can say about the game is that it's not as bad as XIII, then that makes it the second worst, not the best.

But by finishing the game you are running on a virtual hamster wheel too. The best way is to just see the cutscenes on Youtube.

Don't tell me what to do unless you can prove you are my mom

>LINURITEH IS BAD!!

It is

It doesn't matter what you're doing in life as long as you're having fun. Everything is a waste of time.

The sphere grid was great, faglord

This is a typical brainlet opinion and you should go

It single handedly destroyed the franchise

Got the Platinum Trophie yesterday.
The game is better than I remembered.

prove me wrong

so was i memed or were half the people who played this game really so autistic that they couldn't figure out that this was supposed to sound awkward even though he laughs normally like 10 seconds before?

user, stop wasting your life on video games before I come in there with a wooden spoon.

Lulu's tits

Linear tends to lend itself to tighter design than nonlinear.

I've actually done that before if the game itself isn't worth playing but I'd like to know the story.

>Tighter
nice buss word

It's not my favorite FF, but it is by far the single greatest game for challenge runs. There are so many good ones and most are fairly unique. It truly amazes me that such a good game for challenge runs exists.

I really want to play it. I remember playing lotr the third age a long time ago. I loved the combat in that, and I heard it is a direct rip off of ffX.

No shame in that, did his too. I know I am losing a great part of the experience, but eh, fuck it. I just want to know what happens.

A little of both. It's a meme to post that scene, but some people inexplicably believe that it's actually bad acting.

>also you get to do lots of extra shit if you want to
So does 13 my dude.

>only played NA verison before
>get HD remaster
>mfw getting fucked by a dark aeon

Still my favorite FF game after all these years, despite the celestial challenges

The music in this game really gives me feels, but overall, I don't really like it.
It's kind of mediocre.. The characters are really bad, and the world isn't all that interesting, or at least its not presented in an appealing way.
The battle system is just ok, although the Aeon system is really cool.
Squresoft used to make some top notch JRPGs, but this one is more akeen to Square-Enix's mediocrity.

Any good examples?

>Characters are really bad
kek

Should I buy this game? I came up on a little extra cash this week and want to buy a game but i don't know what's good and what's not.

>The characters are really bad
Either you reason why you think so or I assume you're just a troll looking for (you)'s

youtube.com/watch?v=n9xA5EJBy7A

Are there any other games that use a system similar to the sphere grid?

Nothing interesting to them, most are 1 or 2 dimensional, they're all kind of boring and the monotonous dub doesn't help.
Also, this game's plot is just exposition after exposition, with a handful of significant moments here and there.

just yojimbo their shit up

FF XIII's Crystarium is basically a pared down sphere grid.

It's on the lower end of the franchise in my opinion. Almost certainly bottom 5.

Path of Exile

Why fight them at all then, they are just an excuse to dump more time into the game by grinding

It's good but the best is reserved for Tactics.
Would have been better if they cut out the temple puzzles and fleshed out blitzball more.

It's top 3 worse mainline FF

>tighter
>can't handle decisionmaking
>posts caveman
may as well be a selfie mate, adults can make decisions amongst choices, children and dogs are led by leashes

it's a good thing you play for trophies instead of self-driven enjoyment, really sozzles my nozzle

That is correct, kids. Skyrim is the adult's choice. I would recommend it to anyone. Even my worst enemy because it would make a better person out of them. Can't go wrong with Skyrim.

Oh yeah user, I hated every part of it, this is why I did it, I play only to get the trophy.
How the hell I did all of that on PS2 as well, it didn't had trophies. Oh well.

This is the only Final Fantasy where the characters feel like REAL people with real dialogue instead of edgy whiny "darkness, hearts, darkness, friends are my power" bullshit.

This game has some of the crappier dialogue in the series though. It's written like a soap opera for teens.

Like every other FF.

user, that's a picture of FFX, not XII.

Just play it on a PS2 emulator. You'll probably drop it an hour or two in, it's genuinely one of the worst Final Fantasies.

Guess what, kid. Real life dialogue, between real life people, don't have editors and readers going through checking if it sounds cool and interesting

>this is why I did it, I play only to get the trophy.
apparently so since you're not posting about the game, you're posting a fucking trophy that nobody gives a shit about

external motivation in gaming is the single most cancerous thing to ever happen to video games

Nah, most of the series really isn't that melodramatic. 6 is way better written than X for example.
I'm almost certainly older than you and I suspect you like X so much because it was your first. Frig off bud.

Like every other JRPG

do I have shit taste if I think X-2 did skills and (classes? probably not the right word) that kind of stuff better?

It has the best Final Fantasy logo by far, only XII, XIII and post ending XV come even remotely close.

Nope. X-2 is a genuine contendor for Top 5 in the series, whereas X is easily placed in the bottom.

My field was XII faggot

XII had the shittiest dialogue. 90% of the game was an old man rambling on a bunch of political jargon and made up countries, and the main characters who you barely had any connection to because none of them seem to have any motivation other than Ashe, just reiterate the political plot

Too bad FFX has no noteworthy level design anyway.

Sounds like you got filtered hard by that pleb filter.

Ah, you're just a troll as I assumed.

Even worse.

I actually like the remastered/international version of X-2 better than X period. The story is kind of silly and hard to take serious, but it was a much more enjoyable game for me anyway.

XI had great music too, not that X didn't, but it was really nice.

My nigga.

They played it when they were young.

Absolutely not. FFX-2's combat was solid, and the only redeeming quality. I still really liked X's combat system, but being able to choose your own class and earn points towards specific abilities is a proven formula, especially for replayability. I just wish more of them were more useful (why the fuck use gunner when there are way better DPS classes) and I still don't know the usefulness of some of that shit like yuna's giant flower dress

>why the fuck use gunner
Happy trigger with catnip, nigga.

I guess so. I still couldn't tell you the point of that game other than "Ashe wants to kill Vayne to save her country, or something, and a bunch of random characters tag along for some reason"

no, your taste is fine. skills and classes is literally the only good part of X-2, with the rest of the game being a garbage dump in terms of story, worldbuilding, character development, etc.