Are the Japanese and Koreans interested in this game?

Are the Japanese and Koreans interested in this game?

I want to see Amerifats and Yurocucks get bodied at EVO 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

eventhubs.com/news/2018/feb/10/here-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-participant-numbers-some-biggest-tournaments-last-few-months/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope so. Based on gameplay and local tournaments, this bastard looks like he's about to win another EVO. Plus, I would love to see Sup Forums have a meltdown when their superior asians get BTFO by a furry.

I get the impression that the DBZ is a bigger deal to Westerners of the FGC demograpic (20-30 year olds) than it is to Asians.

He is good but not invincible. His last tournament at nlbc had closer matches, problem is everyone keeps choking because of his reputation.

Aren't most anime fighting games only played by Asians?

SF5 is popular in the west but every year it's still always 6 or 7 Japanese in the top 8.

I wonder what the DBZF top 8 will look like.

If you mean anime fighting games as a style and not literally a fighting game based on an anime license then yeah.

But DBZ is the latter and seems to be bigger among the lapsed MvC players, fans of the anime and people who want to stick it to Capcom.

>seems to be bigger among the lapsed MvC players
no way, any true mvc fan would be too mad that their game is dead and too mad that people are rubbing dbzf in their faces to really just accept dbzf whole heartedly. this is a legacy evo game series that got pushed out by a fucking anime game literally made for casuals

relevant mvc players will likely move completely to sfv where the money is since capcom actually funds their esports program(chrisg, f champ, jwong,kbrad, etc), japs will rape in all 3 ASW games with 1 or 2 prominent westerners like sonicfox doing decently but still wrecked by japs

I don't see that happening, Capcom don't have the loyalty so that high level MvC are going to skip DBFZ even though it's a far more natural fit than anything else.

Online fanboys aren't the same people as the ones looking to make money.

the money is in sfv nigga, you dont just train for some anime game like DBZ when theres shit like capcom cup that constantly keeps paying the bills not to mention outside of maybe smash, sfv still has the biggest views.none of the anime fighting games thus far attract notable sponsors while sfv has huge sponsors like splyce EG echofox. maybe DBZ can be the first actually popular anime game, but on paper SFV is the default best game to play if people want to actually compete and make a living

Yes the Japanese are very into this game currently. You will not hear about it because they don't have a large Twitch mass, nor do they frequent any message boards that are in English. Known crazy asshole Kazunoko is in on this, and he's a pretty good Guilty Gear player so he has very transferable skills. Also this did not have an arcade release so there will be no random tourist footage of Japanese players circling facebook or reddit.

Source: Jiyuna, therefore, discard everything I just said.

It isn't a one of the other scenario, most people play SFV already and it doesn't require your undivided attention.

it kind of does require full time practice if you actually want to be competent enough to reach top 18, not saying all mvc wash ups will boycott dbzf but they wont take it seriously enough to beat the autistic japs

Cell has too much bullshit

You don't think Bamco & ArcSys will drop a combined pot bonus for FighterZ? On top of that DBFZ will easily be one of the most popular games at EVO in terms of both views and entrants; Smash & SFV are the only games that come close and they've been around for years whereas DBFZ is brand new. SFV will be the main event because of the TV broadcast of Top 8 like the last couple years, but if things go just right FighterZ could potentially have more people in its tournament. There will be more money in this game than any other anime fighter ever.

i dont doubt dbzf will be the most popular anime fighter thus far, but i dont know its enough to make capcom fighter players focus on dbzf enough to be competitive against jap veterans

That's another issue altogether. You can tell that anime players are learning the game faster than Marvel players since figuring out team mechanics while understanding the movement and pressure is a lot better than the other way around. Still, I think this game will have more American/Western attention than other anime games due to the license and MvC similarities, so there won't be a blowout like in GG or BB where an American making Top 8 is near-miraculous. I definitely expect an anime player to win EVO though, since they do have that headstart. Marvel players will almost certainly stick to it and bounce back though, and I can see Top 8 having a decent geographical spread.

Semi-unrelated, but I'm reminded of when UMvC3 had that Mexican MODOK/CapAm player in Top 8. Hype as fuck.

SFV isn't that deep, you either have it or you don't at this point.

And it's too early to say that Japanese players are going to take DBZ seriously or at least more seriously than Western players.

You also have to keep in mind that DBFZ launched a week late in Japan due to Bamco wanting no part in competing with Monster Hunter in Japan. They're legitimately 6-7 days behind the west on the game, and since it's been out for just over 2 weeks that's a lot of time lost relatively.

Tatsu and Nakkiel are better than him.

jesus christ
always good to hear from jiyuna "everyone in japan loves blazblue, especially kids" jp

How come MvCI isn't at evo even though it consistently had some of the highest entrants the past year in tourneys, consistently outplacing Injustice 2? Why is a game that isn't even out yet, getting in Evo? It's pretty obvious with the announcement of the two RWBY dlc characters being free and this game being at evo, ArcShyll paid it off to be at evo to turn the public's perception of it around. Cause it was a dumpster fire for the past few months.

eventhubs.com/news/2018/feb/10/here-marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-participant-numbers-some-biggest-tournaments-last-few-months/

Don't give a shit. Tekken is the only game that is fun to watch right now.

I've heard people say that Marvel are sweeping it under the rug trying to protect their IPs.

Although that seems like it embarrasess them to have it dropped since everyone already knows it's a bad game.

Yeah, Marvel players seem to love it.
I never really liked MvC3 because all of that combo autism.

umvc3 is my favorite fighting game to play and watch, its so fucking random and hype at its peak. the worst thing about esports is that top players consistently dominate like in tekken, but in umvc3 evo theres always some fuckery in the top 8

Markman pretty much outright said it's because of Marvel

>How come MvCI isn't at evo even though it consistently had some of the highest entrants the past year in tourneys, consistently outplacing Injustice 2?
EVO is a spectator event as much as it is a tournament. People don't want to watch Marvel Infinite, especially not as much as FighterZ. People want to play it, but that's the problem: only people who play it care about it. If you're running EVO and viewers give you income, you're going to go with games that viewers want to watch. That's why they still have 2 Smash games, that's why Blazblue Cross Tag is there. BB has a dedicated niche community that cares about it, and BBxTB is grabbing them AND Persona AND even more niche anime game players AND RWBY fans so it's a no-brainer to cycle out the previous BB game for the new one since it's out a few months before the tournament. It's not like EVO hasn't added a game to its lineup before its come out before.

This is exactly why UMvC3 was my favorite as well. DBFZ looks like it'll eventually capture that spirit once the meta stabilizes and I'm happy for that, especially since the systems are a lot more balanced than Marvel (I'll argue that UMvC3 is pretty balanced to the extent that over 40 characters are viable, but X-Factor is stupid, TACs are stupid, and Zero/Vergil/Dark Phoenix/Hidden Missiles are stupid).

Kazunoko, GO1 and Dogura are among the bigger names in Japan to play with DBFZ. Expect them to take the game seriously. The Guilty Gear players like Omito are too focused on GG to play any other games. Perhaps Blazblue/Persona players like Souji will play DBFZ. Lots of tech coming from Japanese players in Twitter too. Right now the game is quite popular in Japan even without an arcade release.

When? Is it that poorly written Tweet? Because I had no idea what he was supposed to be saying.

its an asw game, you are disillusion if you dont think japs will rape westerners

I'm really excited to see what Japan brings to the game, since Tag fighters are generally not big there. Japan always brought the weird shit when it came to Marvel, like Abegen's Tron/Thor/She-Hulk bulldozer team or Nemo's ToD Factory Nova/Spencer/Strange.

The reason Japan rapes the west in asw games is because anime is way more popular in Japan than over here.
It's not the same with DBZ, that shit is normie central in the west too.

There was a Japanese tournament the other day, but they all sucked and we're trying to play it like Blazblue and whiffing shit easily punished. Atm Sonic is still the best by miles

SF and Tekken have the biggest competitive scenes in Japan. Nothing else comes close.

You mean the one where the entire Top 8 had Vegeta anchor, and there were like 5 Cells and 5 Blacks? Is there footage? A Piccolo team making 2nd piqued my interest somewhat.

It's first and foremost DBZ.

Games like BB and GG just never got fully established in the West whereas DBZ is an era defining part of pop culture.

> lapsed mvc players

I would be surprised if many marvel players went whole hog for this game given how many restrictions it has.

No one plays MVCI online and no one watches it either. Every time there's a major and MVCI's on stream thousands of viewers are lost. Less views mean less people donating watching ads and shit. 200 people playing in the tournament mean shit.

Why do you think that every year for the past few years Smash has been a main event at Evo? In fact, if it wasn't because Evo was made for Street Fighter Smash would've have taken over the entire event by now.

Only FChamp and JWong seem to be the only people not playing it despite the former saying otherwise. ChrIsG is already grinding the game, Yipes has gone full commentator mode on it every NLBC and Marlinpie expressed his opinions on the game being good despite not liking Vanish as a mechanic.

Because the NRS and Marvel communities don't worship Japs like the anime community does. Anime players will root against their locals because they want to watch hinorable epic Japanese fights in person.

Smash 4 is a Japanese game but the top players are all from the west. What's up with that?

Or maybe because they dont worship Japs because their games are dead over there.

Justin is going full troll mode in DBFZ. He picks all Goku and will do a shitton of kamehamehas and follow up with a super dash. No fucks are given when he plays.

Snashers dint idolize Japan and try to sabotage themselves

Champ had been saying he wanted to play DBFZ since before Infinite was out. Why the fuck is he not? Does he not think he can win in it or whatever?

I'm honestly happy that Yipes is so into the game though. The man is a walking hype machine and has the perfect commentary balance of entertainment and knowledge. Can't wait to see him play too; I want to know what Hit/Piccolo synergy he's finding.

Or maybe because they aren't beta soy sauce boys.

Also MvC3 had a larger tournament presence than Persona and tons of other anime games Japanese dominate.

yipes is in full desperate mode and he was even commentating sfv, his game is dead and he has to do other shit, and marlinepie has always played games that let him go ham, he even said he liked the fate fighting game and thats where he got his execution

>Also MvC3 had a larger tournament presence than Persona and tons of other anime games Japanese dominate.
Proof? Also you're one to talk. You probably dont even attend locals.

Look up KVO events
I do and I'll be at Evo

He'll definitely find a future in DBFZ as long as he keeps his vigor in commetary. A lot of people like to emulate Yipes and all fail at it; only Yipes can spout a string of barely coherent sentences and make it seem good.

everytime I open his stream it's just him BTFO everybody even other streamers
easy top 8 at EVO

This. Would be nice for the weebs to leave another game because a gaijin fucks up the mutants.

He's all talk. Can't even beat Nakkiel.

Show me a video of Nakkiel beating Sonic

I would if Sonic can't stop dodging.

They live on different coasts. Doubt they ever got matched

The distribution of nationalities per game is interesting. I think DBFZ will be like SF with a couple outlier nations.

If anything KoF is the real proponent of diversity here. Only 2 Latinos and Chinese.

nlbc is full of literal trash. its the same place smug dominated sf4, yet he is not some god at the game despite duff city online shit. hes literally always been trash. nlbc was trash at anime games and trash at marvel. its not surprising at all that he can beat them free.

BB may as well just be streamed from Japan instead of wasting the player's time and money flying over.

He's always played SFV. I don't think he's commentating any games he doesn't like.
But it's true, his game is still Marvel.

>SFV
>5 Japanese & 3 Americans
>Smash 4
>A bunch of Americans plus one Japanese guy who snuck into Top 8 and Zero
>Tekken
>Korean domination featuring some Japanese and some Asian Americans
>BB
>Basically EVO Japan preview
>Marvel 3
>7 Americans and one Canadian
>Melee
>Americans + Armada
>Injustice
Americans/Canadians and that one dude from the Middle East who almost beat SonicFox that one time.
>Xrd
>Same as BB except they don't have know the real names of two of the players.
>KOF
>6 different countries, only game with Asian countries other than Japan/Korea placing, only game with Mexico placing, one of only two games with the Middle East placing
This all checks out.