Cloud Brothers [WIP]

Hello I'm creating a EB style game on GMS. Looking to start a team for this project, let me know if you're interested and want to help out! :) All sprites are placeholders.
youtube.com/watch?v=1PGFHGUHZ5M

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/theblueorphan/goodbye-little-pudd
youtube.com/watch?v=ybB-v2GD-AA
youtube.com/watch?v=EAAXdU8SZw0
youtu.be/-qtQWUF6-Co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>le pixel indie RPG (NOT UNDERTALE!!!)

I'm fine, thank you

is it paid?

Stop making terrible RPGs and start making a Paper Mario clone.

so are these placeholders or you plan releasing a game with the same art as earthbound?

>I'm creating a EB style game
And you already lost all chance of being original
>on GMS
Even worse

user the OP literally says "all sprites are placeholders"
open your eyes

need music?

No.

good luck getting anyone to make your shitty earthbound clone then

That would be nice, please!

here's my pitch it's a song i wrote for my dead cat soundcloud.com/theblueorphan/goodbye-little-pudd

I'd rather you make it a platformer than an EB clone

Not quirky enough for my EB clone, thanks anyways!

How could OP be so heartless?

Shilling this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ybB-v2GD-AA
youtube.com/watch?v=EAAXdU8SZw0

Fuck off back to plebbit.

Well look at how he's conveniently ignoring all the negative replies, he's obviously self-absorbed and lacks a sense of humour. You can also tell he isn't from this place, judging from the ":)" and exclamation marks in the OP. We don't talk like soyboys here. Reddit would suit him better.

>literally says he's only using an earthbound-like art style because it makes the sprites easier to make
Well at least he's honest. Game honestly looks like garbage though and I'm not watching that second video solely based on that guy's stupid looking face in the thumbnail.

>Tfw your game will always be a million times better (and a million times more real) than any redditard game

Feels good man

Sorry, I don't know what that is.
I'm just trying to make my dream game man; I want people to really experience my unique game.
I need to get better graphics, that's why I came here. It's got a 10/10 script though.

reminds me of that Mixed-Up Mother Goose dos game. shit was so cash

I looked at that "Pu" for like a full minute thinking it was an "R" I kid you not. Anyways, all earthbound clones are shit. I don't mind if the art is inspired by earthbound but the gameplay looks like a dull copy too.

>EB style game
please no

>EB
why on Earth would you Bother in such a crowded market

Aside from Lisa and Undertale I don't remember any other games going the EB approach.

Everything about this looks like shit. Literally everything.

That one with the numale protag that throws vinyl records

Sorry, there's also the unofficial Mother 4, which looks absolutely gorgeous by the way.

youtu.be/-qtQWUF6-Co
I think OP's gonna have a hard time competing.

>Aside from Lisa and Undertale
I know this doesn't sound like a crowded market but do you really think there is enough room for another this decade in this genre?

I don't

>totally not undertale

nice

>last update 2 years ago
;__;

>hey guys please work on my game :))))
>sorry but im not going to pay you for taking all your time to help me
Where do you think you are? why not ask reddit instead you fucking pleb. You can't expect Sup Forums to help you with some shitty EB clone if you're not going to pay them and talk in reddit speech

>And I'll be the idea guy!

F*ck you.
Thank you for the kind words, Anonymous.

Consider the following, all that endless yellow background that is supposed to represent void and walls inside a house feels overkill, consider doing something like the squares that represent the wall have some "dirt" on them as in not being perfectly clean, also those cities look empty of all life you should add more variety on the background after all this is not a generic game is it?

lmao

You must be fucking joking

>F*ck you
Can't tell if this is bait or you're serious, either way; kill yourself

That isn't really your game is it user?

Come on guys, be serious, this is my game we're talking about.

epic simply epic

That's 9 words though

shut the h*ck up

whatever he's still a faggot

Be serious, you're asking Sup Forums to help you with your shitty Earthbound clone yet you're not going to pay them in the end. if you're going to act that fucking much like reddit you might aswell ask them for help instead, come on dude fucking using your common sense

Why the h*ll should people be entitled to my money?

Please stop.

I will never stop until my game is made.

PS Hitler did nothing wrong. G*d bless the KKK.

If you're still here you might wanna consider getting a tripcode

Look for the last time.

1. No, it isn't possible to make an "8bit" JRPG style indie game in 2018 after Undertale you stand no chance, no one can make this game again, undertale blew eb out of the water.

2. Your game looks comfy.

Oh shit another imposter finally joined me
Thanks for the (You)'s faggots, the real OP fucked off back here:

because they worked on your shitty game, what else? for breathing the same air you do? also stop censoring yourself, your only digging a grave, but its probably bait so here's my last free reply, go fuck yourself plebbit user

>m-merely pretending
Epic troll, Sup Forumsro!

>i-i was simply pr-pretending!
You're just as bad as the OP, end yourself

>this passive-aggressive damagecontrol
t. one of the (You)s

have another (You) cause i feel like it pleb

Great thread

>1. No, it isn't possible to make an "8bit" JRPG style indie game in 2018 after Undertale you stand no chance, no one can make this game again, undertale blew eb out of the water.

Undertale isn't worth sn*t

this thread is fucking cancer

Your game will never be as successful as undertale if you even have the motivation to finish it.

No offense, that is just advice. You might like to shit on it as a player which is ok, but as a dev, you could never compete.

honestly what did you expect bringing this to Sup Forums in this state

I've been having a blast through it, I'm glad OP abandoned ship, even though I was hoping he would come back and try to defend himself

Why do people make clones? They're clearly dispassionate and uninspired. It's like making a game for the sake of just making one. Making an rpg takes a lot of work so I'd imagine you'd put more creativity into the core mechanics and not just the dialogue.

>why do people make clones

You've got to be joking? Right?

If you copy somebody you are like twice as likely to be successful because people fall for the same things twice. It's not an unknown fact, copying people = success. That's why all companies do it all the time.

i thought you were bad at first but now that i see your true intention of seeing if OP defends his terrible game and not paying anyone for working i kinda have some respect for you