Is it objectively bad?

unbelievably

just play tekken instead

No it's fun as fuck

just because it's a broken mess doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable

*teleports behind you*

The netcode: yes

Dark Souls 2 had the only good PVP

tfw training to get leo ring and dark wood grain ring without master key at level 4 as fast as possible in preparation of dark souls remastered.
I got it down to below an hour I'm so fucking ready.

not after they started trying to balance it in 2 + 3

Hit me up on ladder pvp amigo

yes, pathetically so
it is always a half-backed afterthought in every game

3 didn't even have the decency to have arena mode as base game, let alone screwing basic population shit like removing the sin system/blue eye orb and turning off invasions after boss clear.

I think the worst thing about Souls PVP is that there's always like a billion weapons that are useless or intentionally not allowed to be fun in PVE so they could be balanced in PVP.

Dark souls pvp is for people far too stupid for fighting games

As a competitive thing? Yes absolutely. It barely has a place in the game desu. In Demon's Souls there was a real tradeoff to opening yourself to invasion. In Dark Souls you just choose to when you want to summon for a boss. There's also very little incentive to invade in Dark Souls aside from just doing it for fun.

It's good, but in spite of the people playing it. The games are ultimately not very deep combat-wise so invasions are far better when the invader is framed as another difficult roaming enemy trying to hunt you down as you try to go through a level, which adds to the atmosphere and challenge in a great and unique way that doesn't even warrant being called "PvP" because of how well it's mixed with the core game. But through all the insistence on duels only, twinking, the sitting around and the disconnecting, what really made the system great couldn't be farther away from the average player. And to make matters worse, despite finally making some good decisions and really unique applications like Moundmakers they started catering to such things excessively and such things became the expected norm, instead of making simple clear fixes like adding more incentive to invade, more risk to summoning, more rewards for either side winning.

Its actually really fun, but only when it works. Unless you're talking about DaS 3 pvp, then yes it is bad

It's pretty fun for what it is.

I prefer it to games that try too hard to be an ultra balaced twitch spectator esport and just end up being boring and sterile.

It's a buggy unbalanced mess sometimes but I vastly prefer multilayer games that facilitate emergent and creative player interactions.

What is going on guys? This is martyrsbrigade99 coming to you once again with another section of dark souls pvp. Alright guys, we're back at the moonlight butterfly forest with a new series i'd like to call "random invasions"

Invasions are a cool idea. Personally I find duels to be autistic so I never do them

Aren't they gonna be two separate games?

yes.
to have fun just play a silly build and hope you don't come across a min-maxer. doesn't happen often though.

>Ds1

Absolutely horrendous but for some it's so bad it's good.

>Ds2

Best part of the game, but then again that statement isn't saying much.

>Ds3

Definitely good in this game. Not the highlight of the game like in ds2, but that's probably a good thing considering ds2 was ass. Most balanced it's ever been I'd dare say.

He said he was training in advance so he could pull it off day one rapidly.
I never invaded in Dark Souls as I bought the game on ps3 years after release, is it hard to do 4kings early to get the red eye orb as soon as possible?

I have 200 hours as a pure Sorcerer PvP build in DS3. My first and only character at level 120. I use 6 spells, all from the base game. They're the same whether I duel or invade.

I have them placed in an order that I've refined and tested upwards of 1000 times. I've been told my style is like fighting a boss.

I throw shit at you if I beat you easily, especially against other sorcerers. I've seen so many fucking disgraces of a spell caster build.

If you didn't 'get' the PvP aspect of the game, you just won't 'get' it.

I could beat your ass at both, bitch

Most gimmicks, such as magic, i find, is invalidated by Havel's Greatshield

Don't mind if I Black Flame your stupid shield and riposte you, btw.

Dont mind if i step aside and dodge your telegraphed as fuck pixie dust, little boy

Should never be in the game in the first place.
Ruins the balance because I killed too many lower lever invaders with too much ease.

Great shields are ez pz