Did sprint ruin Halo?

Did sprint ruin Halo?

Sprint was merely a symptom.

Sprint was the biggest change though.

Why is Chief headless and holding a coconut?

kek best post I've seen in awhile

Many things ruined Halo, sprint is just one of those. Removing sprint won't immediately fix it.

What if they changed how it worked? What if it worked like pic related instead?

At that point, I'd argue that players should just always be fast. Why do we actually need to have a "fast" mode when it can just be the default?

>Why do we actually need to have a "fast" mode when it can just be the default?

I guess because always going fast would put it more along the lines of arena shooters of the past. There was also a limit to how much you can sprint in Doom 3. I think they did it like that since it was meant to be a horror game though so it was to add a bit of tension.

Doom 3 didn't have a fast meter in multiplayer, and autorun was an option.

Oh yeah and also Halo's combat was supposed to be about knowing what spots to engage and not engage. It was also about jumping high and shooting the opponent. I know arena shooters were like this to but its meant to be a different feel entirely with the older Halo games.
Okay I don't remember this thanks for mentioning it. If the game had autorun then why did they ever have it so you could hold to sprint? That is a pretty weird design decision they did.

Autorun was only for multiplayer, you had to hold the button in SP because it was limited.

No, Bungie leaving did.

Halo ruined halo.
this. shitty franchise that caters to normie retards

Got you. I never played the multiplayer. So I guess its worth saying, why not just add toggle sprint button then? It worked for tons of old school shooters. Could it work for Halo? Would people even accept it rather than sprint?

Halo was already ruined by the time Bungie passe it along.
>inb4 b-but reach wasn't even real

Yes, as well as absolutely everything else 343 has done with it. Halo 5 wasn't Halo at all, it was just an awful COD clone.

If it made you go fast in all directions and didn't take away your ability to shoot or throw grenades, I don't see any real harm in it. I personally don't think Halo needs to be a super fast game as long as the maps are properly designed and it has a responsive strafe.

So you've never played Call of Duty?

343i ruined halo, anything after halo 3 isn't halo to me

The problem with sprint that sprint defenders do not understand is that it not only changed the dynamics of firefights in implementing a fight or flight concept to Halo that most other shooters have but it also forced a change in how maps work completely. Its pretty noticeable how much sprint changes things when you play older maps made in forge.

I'm convinced the biggest issue here is people just don't understand why the old Halo games worked the way they did. They just blindly assume sprint speeds up gameplay because the mechanic is like a placebo effect on the mind. You see the character running with the gun down and it just seems fast so people want it to be in since most want this fight or flight concept in their shooting games. In old Halo you had to always be ready to shoot since you can always shoot and move in the games. In most other shooters there are moments where you cannot shoot. Sprint is that moment now in Halo.

nuBungie did with Halo Reach, I'll wait and see if Halo 6 can capitalize on what was done right in Halo 4 and 5 before I decide to make a purchase.

>having faith in halo 6
>with 343 in charge

I will never forgive those fucks for the absolute mess they made regarding MCC.

Sprint changed everything about Halo, and i like it better

You faggots on Sup Forums have a real problem with commenting to someone who has a different opinion than yours, am I telling you to look forward to Halo 6? Am I telling you to buy Halo 6? No, then shut the fuck up. I can look forward to, have faith in, and buy whatever the fuck I want, do you understand that, boy?

SEETHING

>actually waiting and seeing if Halo 6 will be good

VEXED

>the absolute STATE of halo
As a massive ABXbox fag, this pleases me greatly. Have fun with 343 further ruining your franchise you absolute no taste normalfaggots. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep that console war shit out of the Halo threads. You want to bitch about Sony go make a PS4 thread, don't be doing that shit here.

>caring what I think
Get a checkup.

I'm waiting on the halo 6 reveal let's see what they do to take Halo out of niche status

It ain't niche, I'll be waiting on the teaser at E3 myself.

Still makes money but Microsoft is disappointed i'm hoping 343 goes all out

Why? What does it do for the better?

Me too, Microsoft being disappointed made me happy, after Halo 5, 343i needed a kick in the ass. Instead of just doing it or multiplayer after Halo 4, Microsoft should have done it for campaign as well. At least it's happening now.

Why do H5fags continue to say H5 is so much like the other Halo games just because it has even starts? One similarity does not make the game like the others. The movements completely change the game.

Unfortunately I think they've said Halo 6 will be mechanically like Halo 5.

Why would you ever think otherwise? It wouldn't make any sense for the story if they went backwards.

Why do H2fags continue to say H2 is so much like the other Halo games just because it has even starts? One similarity does not make the game like the others.

>being that kid who never read "The Fall of Reach" to figure out John's backstory when HALO:CE was released

My friends hated me because I ruined their headcanon for who he was, sucks to be them :^)

This

Best answer. Halo was never good. Bungie was never good.

yes let's play dota and pubg!

dota and pubg have the benefit of not being halo

They already took away loadouts and armor abilities.

Hearty kek

DOTA is better than every Halo. 1 and 3 are the only Halos better than pubg

Reach?

Halo Reach sprint was fine. Halo 4 fucked it up and made it play like COD

The Reach version of sprint was the most cancerous version of it so far.

I want my Halo 3-Reach customs back. Map making was a bitch in the former title, but it was quite amusing to see how creative people became.

Spring didn't ruin it. It still feels like halo but i I think they added it cus they thought that's the only way they could keep it fresh. I also like the side boost thing they've got. But Sprint is not necessary at all. And although it doesn't bother me too much the Spartan charge and the jump in the air and charge down attack shouldn't be in.

And seeing halo how it is today. it is an abstract feel. Cant describe it.

Spend most of my mid/high school days playing halo with the neighbourhood kids. Too poor to get 360 so go to their house to play.

Now, look at it.

I waifu'd cortana before knowing what waifu was.

No it was not. The only way sprint can work in Halo is if the games were about larger scale battles with open maps for multiplayer. Think something like Battlefront and Battlefield. Weapon pick ups could still work but as far as small maps they just don't mesh well with sprint.

Cortana purple short hair > Cortana long bitchy blue hair

The only way sprint can work in Halo is if they change everything about Halo.

>halo ODST (2009) is amazing
>halo Reach (2010) is a big disappointment and ruins the series

What happened?

Halo more like GAYLO

Well yeah that is correct. Which is the problem to begin with. They wanted to put in sprint with their games but yet wanted to also keep elements from the older games. Which is why it ends up not working. So they should have either nutted up and take the risk that comes with a massive change in direction for a franchise like Capcom did with RE4 or just not change things at all leaving sprint out of the games.

A BTB centered Halo multiplayer game could have been pretty fun. That door has been closed though. Just really posting in hindsight here.

It was just a tech demo for Destiny

Bungie finally having the time to put their true vision on paper.

>halo ODST (2009) is amazing
It's my favourite Halo game but I wouldn't call it amazing, you don't really feel like a desperate ODST struggling for his life, you're literally just a slower Spartan.

>>halo Reach (2010) is a big disappointment and ruins the series
had the campaign been any better I would have been ok with shit like armour abilities and other balance changes that made no sense. The game was a gold mine of potential
>Forge from 3
>Firefight from ODST
>all the already defined lore on Reach
How did Bungie even manage to fuck up this game

I posted this in multiple threads. In an interview, it was said that Bungie split apart into two teams during the ODST era. One half worked on Destiny, while the other went for ODST and Reach. It has less interactions from the creative minds, and Marty was the first to take notice of the downward spiral.

He did more than compose music, and I'm still nettled that he was fired.

Reach has the worst version of Sprint, just how far will you Bungie shills go?

Haha very funny. Reach is one of the best in the series

Bungie's management and a team that didn't give a shit about what they were working on.

>It has less interactions from the creative minds
>Destiny is a piece of shit
>even if anyone subjectively disagrees, it's common knowledge the production of both Destiny games were a mess
I'm just gonna assume that any of the work done by the "creative minds" was discarded by Activision, lack of time or just usual Bungie fuck ups like the ones with Halo 2

Activision had nothing to do with the fall of Bungie, their management did, see

It means that if he runs around mindlessly, he doesn't have to wait as long after dying to shoot at stuff.

Hence why I managed Halo 2-like fuck up. I attributed some fault to Activision because it's always safe to assume publishers impose some conditions for publishing deals to be made. But ever since Halo 2's E3 shit I never really bothered having too much hope in Bungie until I got to see their final product.

Hence why I mentioned the Halo 2-like fuck up*

I hate the convoluted backstory of the Spartans. Why do they have to be kidnapped orphan crawling in my skin mary sue snowflakes? Why couldn't they just be hardasses in power armor?

It's not convoluted

specially selected children is the only dumb part. the rest is cool

Did sprint ruin anything other than the multiplayer?

You nostalgia fags are pathetic

Agreed, this is when I started losing faith in them, I'm surprised Halo 3 turned out good.

Agreed, I hate them as much as the nostalgia fags in Metroid threads.

What is your argument?

Making Halo's after 3 was clearly the end ruined Halo

It's part of the reason, even 343 knows that sprint is hard to get working in Halo

Halo has so much lore and is a huge universe with various stories and characters waiting to be expanded upon. Microsoft's mistake was milking the Chief's narrative when it had concluded. Bungie could have remained under Microsoft and expanded Halo into a Destiny-like game akin to its original vision and entirely seperate from the main franchise.

>specially selected children is the only dumb part
How is eugenics the dumb part?

Yet they keep trying to force it. H2A multiplayer was pretty good, unfortunately I didn't play much of it because there were better games on the same disc.

Sure, but who cares about anything other than MC? I guess lore fags but it'd just be for money, Halo should have ended with 3

Letting the series continue past 3 ruined Halo

Games change and have to evolve. Can't just cater to you old heads.

Why did anyone care about Destiny? Just slap the Halo branding on some sci-fi shit and you're good to go.

yes but other things did too

That doesnt make it good tho. OP asked if sprinting ruined Halo, and my point was that milking the franchise has made it what it is.

Fiesta saved Halo 5

>they continued Chief’s story
>instead of more world building spin-offs like ODST

>Sure, but who cares about anything other than MC
This, after Halo 3 I was more interested in a Halo 4. couldn't care less about any of the side projects coming.

>Microsoft's mistake was milking the Chief's narrative when it had concluded
That wasn't the problem at all, people wanted Halo 4 and weren't interested in side games at the time, also Destiny was going to be shit regardless of publisher, Bungie fucked it up, not Activision.

This. They milked it, focusing too much on MC and Cortana which ruined the plot and lore, while also adding shit like Sprint and 4 player coop to try and pander to a wider audience. Y'know because the brand name Halo sells so we have to milk it as long as we can.

Plus they completly botched the campaign length in 4 and the story in 5. Both played terribly. Both have almost no memorable moments in either campaign or mulitplayer. That's a huge problem.

People like the story of Chief and Cortana in Halo 4, Halo 5 focused on a different character and team and people hated it, face facts, Halo has never really been that great without the Chief.

>Halo 2
Arbiter's campaign, levels, and story dragged the game down.

>ODST
Had a lot of heart but was meh at best

>Reach
Was shit

>Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Everyone hated the new Power Rangers trying to steal Chief's spotlight and wanted them all killed off.

>Halo 5
Osiris were shit, Blue Team were nobodies from the books shoved into the games.

The only interesting parts of Halo 2's and 5's campaigns were Chief's sections which there was very little of.

>even 343 knows that sprint is hard to get working in Halo

Its like I said here You just can't have those same style maps, gameplay even, Halo has been known for and expect sprint to work with it when the original 3 games were never designed with it. Yet what did they do even going back to Reach? Kept things the same while adding too much. Its a bad style clash that isn't supposed to mix.

Bungie did not want to remain with them though. They wanted to make Destiny and move away from making Halo games.

new

Agree with everything. ODST was cool because of the setting. Osiris team was so uninteresting to play. An Locke is such a stereotypical "non nonsense black guy in a shooter" role that you wonder if 343 was literally just trying to score diversity points.