Past 25

>past 25
>drives in vidya but doesn't know how to drive irl
What's your excuse Sup Forums?

>>past 25
even past 18 is already weird as fuck

Holy fuck this. I was 22 when I got my permit and did my best to get my license before I became 23, I should've gotten it when I was in high school.

Now, the more embarrassing part is being almost 30 and not having a ride of my own. I live in NYC and people here act like having a car is a luxury because of mass transit and lack of parking, I fucking hate taking the train with other wageslaves.

That isn't true for you is it, OP? Because that would be very sad. Does your mom still drive around or do you use a bus? Do you even go out?

too poor to own car and I rather use the money to buy crap I like.

>1st ever tinder date
>girl has to pick me up
True and sad

>driven manuals for 14 years
>can't MT in vidya for shit
I'm retarded

I know how to drive, but I'm drunk most of the day so I don't.

I work with a guy who is actually like that
>26, obese
>pretty sure he's mentally handicapped
>can't drive, rides to work with his dad
>bosses don't fire him despite being completely unnecessary
>his dad has even told bosses they can fire him if they want, he doesn't care
>lives at home, plays vidya all the time he's not here
>spends the money that he makes on autistic shit
>bought a 500$ early addition Spider-Man comic
>spends tons on vidya
>he's the epitome of Sup Forums

>First tinder date
I'm jelly as fuck, I used that fucking app for 6 months and nothing. I talked to some bitch over the phone but I realized how jealous and self-absorbed she was, I hung up after a half hour.

Driving in vidya is only superficially similar to real driving with the notable exception of simulators specifically made to teach driving in traffic.
>he's the epitome of Sup Forums
And yet here you are, in the very same place.

19, in my case

I'm just really bad at time management and keep on forgetting to sign up for the course, and I just hate driving in general

Sounds like you just work a subhuman job pal.

Get the fuck out you retarded conformist.

I know how to drive but driving manual is making me so anxious that I can't do it in real life
Driving in general makes me pretty nervous, on my first day of lessons we immediately went onto a highway and boy was that fun

I can drive, but it makes me extremely anxious so I avoid it whenever I can

Eh there's a few tards here but mostly normal folks. I'd count myself somewhere in between. A retard with the ability to appear normal

I doubt others are so generous in their views of you, user

That's the best way to learn honestly. My brother had enough of me finally being in my 20s and only having a permit, so he told me get on the nearest highway and drive for an hour. Nothing but semi trucks left and right, it's a weird feeling riding between 2 semis left and right, like I was waiting for something to happen.

I hated it but it was something I had to get used to and I'm thankful he made me do it until I finally got my license. Been an EMT for 6 years now and yes, that means driving ambulances, nothing makes me nervous on the road.

Highways are the easiest places to drive in though because shifting in the higher gears is braindead. Driving in-town while constantly changing between 2 and 3 while avoiding dropping to 1 is much more complicated.

not an argument

claim your carfu

True, it was an alright experience and I was also waiting for something to happen, if ever. I was just a bit bothered because after the classes my dad said that everything was wrong and he tried to make me learn new habits all over again. That kinda turned me off driving a bit, that and we have a congested neighborhood where it's hard to navigate with lots of cars on the streets.
I had the problem of letting the engine die a couple of times because I was unable to release the clutch at the right level, it's even worse when you're the first at the stoplight. Once it gets going it's a bit easy, though. Although if it's traffic up a slope the constant holding of the clutch at 1 makes me want to kms

"Bad luck to talk on these rides"

Saying it's weird to not have a driver's license isn't an argument either, you're just parroting whatever bullshit lies you've been fed, hence ''conformist''.

if you are 18, your an adult, you should be responsible, relying on parents and friends is dumb

Again you're just parroting someone else. Do you have no opinions of your own or something?

>tfw every goddamn morning theres a huge traffic jam on decently steep uphill
>40 minutes torture of shifting between neutral, moving forward for a bit on first gear and then going back to neutral again

driving is suffering, I was much happier being able to read a book on the train, although driving saves me like 1.5 / 2hours every day

Joke's on you, got my license when I was 16 because I really loved Gran Turismo.

>mfw lost interest in Gran Turismo
>mfw lost interest in driving, it's been years since I last went out driving with my dad

how is it weird, I don't have a car and I have nowhere to go
it would be weird if I learned how to drive for no reason

Again you're just parroting someone else. Do you have no opinions of your own or something?

nobody is truly independent

I'm 25 btw. My best friend started driving a handful of years ago and he has much more driving experience compared to me and also has his own car to boot.

I regret nothing, though. I just wish I had his money, would probably spend it on vydia.

Why the fuck do I have to be the one to drive if I can pay others to do it for me? Public transport is good enough where I live to take me anywhere while I use the time to chill or work, and on the exceedingly rare ocassion that I need to go to a specific place where public transport can't take me, I can just ride a taxi and it's still much cheaper than buying and maintaining a car, not to mention all the time wasted driving the fucking thing. If you enjoy driving perhaps it's another story but I fucking hate it so much.

Being an adult means doing whatever the fuck I want, you're not my boss. I'll keep racing in games and avoiding it like the time and money sink that it is in real life.

I live in a big metropolitan city with well funded public transportation. I don't need a car. That being said, I know how to drive and have my license. Not everyone needs it tho, stop shilling oil.

Americans are all shitty drivers.

I prefer motorbike.

I have zero friends. My workplace is 10minutes from my home. Why should i even bother?

>all my life i will live on this ltitle circle 10 minutes far away from where i'm currently at , at max

Passed Driver's Permit vision test SOMEHOW. The proctor asked me to read it, and she was like "Now with your right eye"

I was like "what are you talking about? I don't see anything"
Right eye so bad I couldn't see there was letters and shit to read on the otherside of the thing, and I thought she had been keeping it covered the whole time.

After a lot of eyestrain and basically blinding my own left eye to look, I could barely make out a few things and guessed it. She let me pass. Haven't even fucking tried to get in a car and drive yet, permit expires in 3 months.

Because maybe someday you will need it?

>implying I didn't have my license at the age of 17
Still don't know how to drive stick though.

I don't need one because I live in a small town where you can just walk everywhere.
Only fatties who get no exercise use cars as their main means of transport.

Its not that hard, just more interactive

>this is the average Nintendo fanboy

>given aunt's old car when I was 15
>learned to drive and took license test in it
>got parking permit, drove it to highschool junior and senior year
>graduate
>car breaks down that summer
>been relying on public transportation ever since

I would actually be afraid to get behind the wheel again.
It's been over 5 years.

How the fuck am I supposed to afford insurance, damn. 25, no parents, alone, been working 3 years and make $10-$11 and I can't even make enough to save money for anything. So finding out car insurance is like 200 dollars+ It's a no brainer I don't drive yet.

>pick train
>16 hours travel
go and walk that

or people who don't live in pissant little villages

I fucking love driving
Might have to sell my MR2 this year and it breaks my heart

no youre a faggot

>25
>$10-11

dude go to trade school or something

What do you drive Sup Forums? I drive a 93 Miata

I drive your mom up the wall

I had to spend two months without a car between my old one's gearbox going to shit and getting a hold of my new one. I was seriously thinking about killing myself by the end of it.

I don't know how people can stand to be so trapped and helpless.

Rude

Public transport argument only works for owning a car, not the same thing as having license

How do you get to somewhere outside of your town?

Why do you suggest that?

It's bad enough you don't have a license past 18, but if you're a mutt it should be even easier; you people drive automatic for God's sake.
t.18yo

You two are going to be the first to die in a mass evacuation

Using a car in a big city would get to you more than the train with wageslaves. It's not a good idea overall. If you live in a smaller city then yeah, sure, it's great.

I'm actually looking up for a game that lets me drive in a openworld/sandbox comfy city. GtaV is great for this but I want an actual driving game.

Well, I'm no doctor but, and tell me if i'm wrong, that person is actually you?

Dude, I hate just driving through NYC I can't imagine having to do that every fucking day on top of trying to find a parking spot. I'd probably kill someone.

You might as well be asking why more than half the people on this board are shut-ins. You stupid cunt.

I don't have a license because I don't need the car. I don't understand why you wouldn't think they are related, since otherwise it's a huge waste of money and time.

>t.18yo

clearly

Reminder that 99% of Americunts ITT can fuck off. The state of you fat fucks thinking you can drive when you're using automatic transmission.

never gonna happen because real life isn't a scifi disaster movie

Shit forgot to add the pic

>falling for the goymobile meme

enjoy your ridiculous insurance and working to pay for a car that you
use almost solely to travel to work

RENT FREE

>a huge waste of money and time.
It's like $10 more and takes one afternoon. And then if you NEED to drive you will be legally able to do so. Part of being an adult is being ready for unexpected circumstances

You could just go full pleb and get an automatic for daily driving m8

At least I can drive nigga, you're probably a decade older than me and can't drive lol.

>press gas peddle
>car moves
wow, this is hard guys

>the virgin bus user
>the chad driver

It's certainly a whole lot fucking more than that where I live. We're talking hundreds of dollars for the total cost of the license.

I honestly can't think of a situation in which I would NEED to drive a car when O don't even have one. If we're talking some sort of huge, life-threatening shit hits the fan-tier emergency, I'll do it without the license. I know how to drive. Otherwise I cannot imagine any situation in which the option of paying someone else to do it will not be available but somehow driving a car myself is.

Anxiety, my ex did all the driving in our relationship.

>got my license months ago
>haven't touched a car since
>scared I may have forgotten everything

>didn't start the ignition
>didn't remove the handbreak
>didn't put the stick into gear

Too hard for you clearly

>there are actual weeb Sup Forumsirgins that don't know how to drive

just go to the class thing and ask for a few practices again when you buy a car

I live in Eastern Europe and paying for a car + fuel is expensive
Paying for license and training in it self costs like 1000 euros and when the minimal wage is like 300, you can see where the problem is

>driving your own car like a peasant
>not having a driver

This board is full of plebeians, I swear.

>he's poor and doesn't have a personal chauffeur

Enjoy your daily commute wagies

Manualfags act like following some simple rules to shift gears is some deep strategic layer.

>It's like $10 more and takes one afternoon.
Where I live getting a license is 400 euros and two months minimum.

Forza Horizon 3

Getting a license typically requires a lack of crippling social anxiety, something vaguely resembling a social support structure or parents that aren't complete human garbage. A good chunk of the people on Sup Forums can check none of these boxes.

Keep crying. Only niggers can't afford something like this.
I bet you have the newest Iphones though.

I just hate it. Pass the classes but never went to take the test. I have this feeling I would get hit and die like a bitch.

B..but I do know how to drive. I just know how to crash better.

>be me
>live in big city
>parking is always shit no matter where you go
>buses and subways going everywhere every 10 minutes
>on way from or to work I'm faster on my bike than car cause of high traffic
>closest shop is a 5 minute walk from home
>work is a 10 minute bike ride on nice days and a 15 minute bus ride on bad days
>don't have to pay insurance for a car I wouldn't use
I don't see any problem here. The problem is the bad infrastructure in the smaller villages and that neanderthal mindset of cars having to be manly.

I live near the lightrail, which takes me to the mall, college, downtown, the train station, and other cities all together.

It's not about not being able to afford it, it's just a total waste.

Honestly the money isn't even the worst part. It requires a significant time investment in most of Europe. I'd probably have done it already otherwise, shelling out the bucks is the least troublesome part.

>27
>Buy first new car: $31,000 USD

keep playing racing games

>user I really like you! Wanna go out sometime?
>y..yeah sure
>great! When do you pick me up?
>...