Be honest, which one do you prefer?

Be honest, which one do you prefer?

What a fucking terrible era for console gaming. Thank God PCs existed in the mid to late 90s.

I prefer ps1

Left is infinitely better

N64, but PS1 looks better here

Depends on the game.

I find the PS1's insane level of visible pixels to be quite charming, and I believe it helped some games visually like MGS1. They do a good job of hiding the details just enough so that they're not obscured but manage to hide away a lot of flat textures you see on the PC version.

???

Yeah, Legends fucking sucked. Too much story and it's fucking weebstastic as well. Such a shit game.

No cop-out answers please

What a fucking retard.

You also have to consider if you like Analog Controls or better Sound Quality.

theres a pc version too, lets not forget this

>A salty nintendo fanboy made this gif
>People still post it to this day
I'm dying

if only .gifs could also show CD quality audio and cut scenes that aren't slideshows.

REEE DELETE THIS GRAPHICS DON'T MATTER

by the way, N64 sucks, PS1 is the best

I know right? graphics don't matter

by the way, Wii sucks because of shitty graphics, PS3 is the best console

>not having both an N64 and a PS1 as a kid

sucks to be a poorfag

Y-yeah, PCs were shi-

im trying to remember how to make it run in windowed mode with no success in sight
legends 2 also had a pc version but like with the first it really wants to fight your video settings

In all honesty this gave me goosebumps, its like the culmination of an era, the era were we stop being bullied in highschool, were we can now say: Yes, im a gamer! and i can dress as any character i like, this is the geek era and we lived to see it

You're dying? Fuck off back to facebook you teenage mental midget

virgin

>cd audio that still sounds like some shitty win XP midi shit
>dated 90s shoestring budget CGI over hand-drawn cutscenes
doing fine in N64 land

Found the soyboy

Bad comparison. N64's texture filtering looks weird at higher resolutions than normal.

Found the wizard.

MM64 simply because they're not all that different, but N64 version is loading time free.
Also, the PC version is the best one, it's based on the N64 port but with higher res textures.
The PS1 version has the usual perspective and texture warping issues.

>load time free
>audio is significantly worse
>fps is significantly worse
>draw distance is significantly worse
>still prefers it
youre dumb

Playstation
>Better draw distance
>Higher quality textures

N64
>Better antialiasing

The game looks better on Playstation, no contest.

>audio is significantly worse
Only really on the voice clips, music and sound effects are decent
>fps is significantly worse
I remember some framedrops in certain areas, but not that big of a deal and I also remember them on the PS version
>draw distance
ditto above, both versions have draw distance issues.
N64 version also has fixed camera issues, but these pros and cons aren't really that significant.
Not having loading times is actually good.
Anyway I said I prefer the PC version.
But between PS and N64, yeah, I'll go with 64.

N64 gets its ass kicked in the audio department, and megaman legends was nothing without it's kino tier soundtrack.

Not to mention the draw distance was super important for 2/3rds of the boss fights.

oh yea, and the PlayStation had a better implementation of Shadows. The end of the hall in N64 cuts off before the Playstation one and just looks like a black void.

Left because nothing needed to be compressed or dropped to fit on a cartridge. It's jaggy, but at least viion doesn't cut out into fog after a point because the console couldn't handle the game.

>bettwe quality textures
Look at this pic And tell me the reverbot's face looks better on PS.
It's deformed.
Not to mention the awful textures on the ship.

>audio
no, youre delusional
>I remember some framedrops in certain areas,
yes on top of a constant lower framerate by 8

Hey guys, look at this fuckin nerd!

This is bait.

They both cut into fog, in fact the N64 screenshot shows slightly longer render distance.

The PS1 version had a better render difference.
You can see the backwall on the PS1 screenshot, but on N64 it just goes dark.

>This doesn't prove the image isn't accurate.
I'm dying!

I'm looking at it and all the N64 version did was simplify the models all the while smoothing out the textures, making them all worse. Look at the PS1 ship, there are actual slopes and angles on the ship giving it more complexity compared to the paper like flat model of the N64 version. Also, look at how much you can see of the PS1 ship Megaman is standing on versus N64 one. The scene is more zoomed in on N64 losing some of the scene compared to PS1.

PS1 is better becuase of the nice crisp look, N64 is too blurry.

Ps1 because n64 has shittier controller

Playstation.

What the fuck are you talking about? The models are about the same. The N64 could have done better, but Capcom was just lazy and copypasted the models from the PS1.
If you're talking about the texture on the ship's surface, then you're wrong, tose aren't "slopes", they're the usual PS1's incorrect perspective shenanigans.

>has a proper d-pad that isn't segmented
>worse
?

N64. I actually find the graphics equally charming on both, but the Nintendo's minimap arrow looks much better.

the ironic thing is that legends was on PC and it looked exactly like the N64 version but played worse

You're wrong. The textures are obviously shaded to give the illusion of a more defined model. Look at the hair on PS1 compared to 64 in this comparison. The shadowing on it is ruined with N64 Blur filter giving it a blocky appearance and eliminating the more subtle shading of the hair texture. All the models suffer from that loss of detailed texturing on N64.

Personally, I prefer the air.

>That one kid who had a playstation instead of an N64

I don't swear by any singular system here, but for the sake of the presented environment, the playstation graphics favor it better. What hurts the n64 screenshot the most is the fact that the shadows show you exacly how the particular hallway trails off and does not add any atmosphere. Rockman's model looks much better on the n64 along with the ui elements, but everything else about the ps version is worse. The minimap on playstation is beyond worthless.

>minimap has no reason to exist with how little it shows, being nothing more than screen clutter

die faster

You mean the 100 million, right?
>that one autismo aspie that thought mario and luigi were cool and interesting characters

its help if you arent a big dummy with no spacial awareness

Ps1

PlayStation

64 on the tvs back then, PS1 on current screens and monitors.

>wanna play my 6 games on n64?
>everything else is shit
>uh...no I think ill just play Sypro,Crash and the good version of RE 2

Spyro and Crash were never good

I can't get the PC version of MGS working. I have some redditor[]/spoiler] port job but it loads the main menu and crashes. Have a link to complete iso by chance user?

yeah okay user

This should be a gif. So we can see the wobbly twizzler and paper mache textures of ps1.

ps1 for graphics, 64 for eye candy

Im on my ps4 and that gif crashes the browser lol

No contest if the contest is how autistic you are.

>Look at the PS1 ship, there are actual slopes and angles on the ship
You realize that's texture warping, right?

>that one autistic kid who had an N64

literally the only one in my school year

Niggers trying to play their new cd mixtapes counted for 95 million sales.

You're right on that particular shading on Roll's hair, but the 3D models are actually of higher polycount on the N64 version. Look at the turning wheel on that picture for example, see how it's rounder (i.e., more polygons) on the N64 version.
Anyway, truth is, the game is virtually the same. If you want the best possible version, play on PC.

What fucking magical wonderland country did you live in where the vast majority of people didn't own a Playstation 1 or 2?

Burgerstan where "computer" was such a dirty word that the entire country's video game industry died overnight because one company fucked up

I didnt know a single person with an N64 back in the day. I still actually havent played one for that matter.

I doubt CD players cost $299 in 1995

some were down to $150 by 1992

Left.
Low poly low res textures is always better without filtering.

Left, the aliasing is what made early games good because it gave the impression of a lot of detail when there was none.

I mean can you imagine silent hill 1 being a bunch of blurry nonsense like the one on the right?

I actually like the limited draw distance from the N64 version, it makes the dungeons more claustrophobic and eerie.

dude wii had some charming games
the controller replacement just sucked

Those are actually unfiltered textures, but you can notice that they were at least 2 times bigger than the N64 version. Also, the audio was heavily compressed to fit in the cartridge so everything sounds like a radio underwater.

MM64 has the catgirl lewd magazine.
MML on PS1 has some superhero comic.

Is there a specific sort of name for this style of low-poly rendering?

I always liked it.

Mongrel, this is due to the 3D processor only able to work with integer values so the vertices keeps trying to correct itself while the camera moves. N64 had a more modern 3D processor that used float point values so it dont had this problem, but its carts and maybe slow ram couldnt handle big textures so even with texture filtering you can notice it is less detailed than ps1.

It is just low poly model. They just tried to stay loyal to the concept arts.

>when emulation fixes your broken shit

>emulating instead of playing on intended hardware

why play it on the original when emulation can make it better

>why play it on the original when emulation lets me play it with 10,000 more bugs and errors?

the state of PS1 emulation isn't bad at all

Not pictured: the wobbling textures of the PS1.

>I've not used emulators since 2006!

KILL YOUR SELF SONYNIGGER

How can I play this version?

>he plays with shaders

Step aside plebs, I've got a 3D accelerator in this baby