Shadow of the Colossus

>Big, but empty world
>no cozy villages
>no quest hubs
>in fact, no quests at all
>no side activities other than looking for collectibles
>story so stupid only a gook could come up with it
>combat is horrible

How did this game get as much praise as it did? This is the most boring shit I've ever played.

What kind of retard thinks quests are a good thing?

There's a reason quests are a standard today.

Also, I'd like to add awful horse controls. God damn, that fucker steers like ass.

>No versus mode.
>No racing arena.
>No online tournament mode.
>No capture the flag.
>No director's commentary track.
>No manual gear option.
>No washer/drier combo.
>No chocolate topping.
>No 1 free lawyer consultation.

How did this game ever got beloved, again?

Only today do you see people complaining about empty worlds because its so many times used as a criticism to open world games for no reason. In Shadow of Colossus that is kind of the point as the feeling of isolation and killing what little life is there is a big aspect of the game.

>Big, but empty world
This is not a bad thing if the world is interesting and atmospheric enough
>no cozy villages
Wouldn't really fit the mood of the game
>no quest hubs
>in fact, no quests at all
Why do you say this is a bad thing? I for one don't like quests. I'll rather explore on my own pace, rather than going after some arrow that's pointing me to the next meaningless task, just so the game will tell me I did a good job, when I achieved nothing more, than I would have by just exploring the target location by myself.
>no side activities other than looking for collectibles
You start to sound like you just think that amount of content > the quality of content.
This is not true. I rather play a compact 5-15 hour game than 100 hour game with so much padding it starts to feel like it repeats itself.
>story so stupid only a gook could come up with it.
Just because it's simple, it's not stupid.
>combat is horrible
Kinda true in my opinion.

What did you expect op? It's another generic Asian 3deep5u game, of course it's trash since the only point of the game is some "philosophical statement"

So this is the peak performance brainlets achieve.

>How did this game get as much praise as it did?
It's exclusive.

But you're absolutely wrong on all accounts.

I find exploring the world and seeing all there is to see a reward in its own. I dont need monsters spawning on every end of the map to enjoy the game.

I'm positive this is bait, but
>Big, but empty world
>no cozy villages
>no quest hubs
It's a sealed off, forbidden land, you idiot. Nobody is supposed to be there.

Agro steers like a horse.
You aren't controlling the horse, you're controlling Wander who's riding the horse. You can tell her to speed up, and pull her to the side to turn, and pull back to slow down.

Her controls are perfect and capture the idea of riding a horse better than every other game where the horse is just the player character, but faster.

It doesn't need any of that shit and would be a worse game if it had it

You know the third one was a joke, right?

Quests are just objectives with frivolous details.

There isnt even online death match or crafting

>villages and quest hubs in a forbidden land

I bet you're the kind of player who always skips dialog and cutscenes in any other game.

>no co-op
>no Shrines
>no sidequests
FUCKING HACK UEDA

Irony

Hahahahahaha.
Okay but seriously, good bait OP.

This remake has really brought the underage out of the woodwork.

No real argument just muh opinions>your opinions

I didn't like it too OP. It's an artsy game before indie devs started shitting those out.

>Big, but empty world
I wish i could do some hunting, fishing or other related activities. There's no real reward for exploring other than faggot fruits to raise stamina in order to reach the shitty garden.

>no cozy villages
Wouldn't fit the theme of the game.

>no quest hubs or quests
Wouldn't fit the game, Wander (If that's his name) doesn't need anyone telling him what to do. I'm okay with no quests.

>no side activities
The biggest sin of this game, you have this huge world and all you're doing is looking for faggo fruits and killing lizard shits.

>Story
I like how simple it is. I wish the monster part was longer and controlled better.

>Combat
I have to agree, it's just climb stab and repeat. Very few Colossi require you to think and strategize.

>Agro
Piece of shit horse that doesn't obey me and makes want to shit myself. I was still sad when i thought he had died.

The Colossus were mostly shit too.
The only good ones were 3, 9, 11, 13, 15 and 16.

Also Monkey, Devil, Spider, Worm and Phoenix looked really interesting. A shame they were scrapped and not even included in this remake.

it's not an mmo, you dumb fucking manbitch

>this is a blatant design choice
>a forbidden land at the end of the world would never have cozy villages
>good
>even better
>I'm literally erect right now
>subjective opinion
>subjective opinion

>I pressed X and it didn't Jason
Bad game, desu.

>Piece of shit horse that doesn't obey me
Do people actually have trouble with Agro?
She doesn't even have AI like Trico in TLG, she just has actual horse controls.

Arguments on games are nothing but opinion retard, there is no objective and scientific researched facts on them

Sure thing buddy. That's not ignorant at all. That's like saying games don't age.