How come open world stealth games aren't that common?

How come open world stealth games aren't that common?

>Uncommon
There's a shitload of assassin's Creed games though
More accurately, why do most game stealth mechanics fail?

*blocks your stealth game*

Stealth requires level design, which is something most open world games aren't built around.

>The Phantom Pain
>Stealth

>AC
>Stealth

This, TPP suffers a lot from this.

You are a retard, no amount of weeb pics will change that.

Good thing this post managed to make you mad.

Because they're really difficult to design well. Case in point: TPP

that explains why most of mgsv missions were terrible

Go show your sweet Sup Forums reaction image folder off to some girls, I'm sure you'll get date user

They're shit. Ground Zeroes is a much better game.

people being blatantly wrong and retarded about it makes me mad, shocker.

AC games are action adventure, with a slight hint of stealth. They've been moving away from stealth with every title in the series.

>implying you don't have such an image folder himself
>implying you have dates

lel

Did someone steal your launch money today?

Because open world and stealth don't mix. Sandbox open areas are way to go, such as Hitman, GZ.

>How come open world stealth games
Well doesn't open world defeat to point of Stealth. Why sneak across an open world where majority npcs are going to see you. And then kill your target without having the whole map be detected to your position.

the "heist setup" missions in GTAV were actually cool with this. Where you had to steal the bug van, or the drill.

Almost if not all of them are pretty garbage.

Why would anyone act mad over a video game?

>MGSV
>stealth

>equip Quiet with the silenced tranq
>have her engage at will
>literally walk inside heavy fortified fort
>guys put to sleep left and right
>walk right up to the objective, take it and walk right out while shots ring out left and right from quiet
>mission complete

>>>>>>>stealth

how old are you/what subreddit did you come from? ive seen this phrase thrown around all over Sup Forums and I can't imagine anyone but 12 year old or a full blown redditor using it

Why did Launch give me money? Are we running off together?

Just leave that faggot. He doesn't under shit.

I still don't understand why the game couldn't just have buildings in it. Like just real planned out facilities that would require you to work your way through. I can't tell you how disappointing it was to hear about these large bases and then realize they were just a few single room buildings dotting fenced in area.

Stealth games generally have dogshit enemy AI which can only work in very controlled environments.

people thought MGSV was going to be full of levels like Ground Zeros, which was a good stealth game by itself. Even the few large ground zeroes-level bases tpp actually had weren't as good

>le reddit boogeyman
LOL.

>How come open world stealth games aren't that common?
but one one of the most popular game in the world is just that
its Skyrim

Even Metro Last Light Redux has better stealth than that garbage.

literally nothing beats Skyrim's stealth archery

you forgot that if you don't proceed when you tell quiet to engage she normally gets found and it causes a shitstorm

Because it is the easiest and common thing you fall into without even realizing

>Shoot guy in face
>Oh, I guess no one is there
I'm pretty certain there are barbie games with better stealth.

Thats one of my gripes. It was so unfun sneaking around during sunlight on mgsv. Enemies can spot you from across the map

That used to be the cod before cod. everyone was making a stealth game. Now it's the RTS of shooters.

h-haha y-yeah

>drop in
>horse to the target right away
>sniper/rocket
>extract in a minute
>mission complete S

What first person games have enemies with good AI?
Isn't STALKER one of them?

Because its a waste of players time.

MGSV would have improved tenfold if it got rid of all that useless desert walking.

Should really have been based around setpieces like ground zeroes.