Eternal Battle on Dark

>Eternal Battle on Dark
What did I do to deserve this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H3irsyvZuHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dont know man,but the setting is GOAT

I was stuck on the parts where you have to control the shitty npcs for a while. The boss itself is really easy though, even on dark. Just spam heavy attack and he's stunlocked forever.

I dunno, OP. Did you finish chapter 1 without getting the Blasphemer's Armor?

I'm sure he is. Dark isn't bad at all when I can actually use signs and roll. I put one point in riposte but never bothered using it.

Can't even get past the beginning part.

I did. Got Oathbreaker during 2 though.

WHY DO YOU HOUND ME

I have to say, I absolutely love witcher 3 but nothing was more genuinely badass than Vandergrift as a Draug. That mother fuckers voice was awe inspiring. I want to enter the fray with him
youtube.com/watch?v=H3irsyvZuHA

He had better lines than anyone in the series

"10 lashes to every scout, hang every 3rd"

"who are you?"
"hah, your nightmare"

I certainly recall riposte being useful as fuck.
The beginning part really is an annoyance, though; I found it better to focus on avoiding enemies and getting in a hit whenever possible.
Also use your bombs, even without alchemy they can make a significant difference.

Well there ya go then.

I can use those there?

It is cheesy, generic B movie dialogue, but done with a great VO. I loved it.

We're talking about the bit when Henselt just cracked the priest's head open on the Ancient Standing Stone of Doom, right? That part was pretty damn annoying for me, moreso than anything else that later followed in that chapter.
Or do you mean taking over as the ghosts, near the end? I've never really had problems with that, but then I did use riposte a lot. For the record, I don't think you can use bombs on that part.

The latter. Guess I'll need to learn how to riposte.

Good luck, m8. Also, while not as readily available without the ability to roll around, positioning damage bonuses should still work as I recall, so if in doubt, the best route is still to flank the other guy.

Fat chance of that in a ring of fire with five ghosts chasing me, but I'll try.

IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT FOR PLAYING SOLDIER BOY

Don't bother with it, just spam roll and fast attacks

Why was 2 so shit when 1 was so damn great?

dark was fun, but I wish there were at least some checkpoints
>get to that section in act 2 where you're forced to play as a soldier without any abilites
>die in one hit and have to restart at the beginning
broke me.

Both were great, don't be dull

In the section where I can't roll?

That's Insanity Mode. Dark mode was added a year or so after release as part of the Enhanced Edition, even more difficult but with regular saves, plus a hell of a lot of grinding for overpowered items you could craft which came with shitty visual effects you had to mod out.

Except that section

oh okay, that's right. dark mode was fun then.
the one I was talking about was interesting, but overall annoying.

the most important thing to have in witcher 2 is the orange points, i think they're called vigor
1) because theyre spent when blocking and casting signs
2) because fatigue; you deal less damage for each vigor missing, when at 0 vigor you deal half damage. so if you only have 2 vigor, just using 1 will make you deal only 75% damage.

I have 5 vigor.

I appreciated them having it in there, it's a proper challenge for those so inlined to do it. I wish TW3 improved on it, and had its own Insanity mode, with more of a continue system (very limited in number of continues you'd get, in dangerou places) to properly account for the size of the world and the time the player would spend in it.

>a continue system (very limited in number of continues you'd get, in dangerou places)
this would have been much better. insanity mode, as is, pushes a bit too much in 2, and it would be even worse in 3.

MY LORDS

W E E N T E R T H E F R A Y