MELIMA

MELIMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AjdLlz2YSGQ
forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-v-stock-image-scavenger-hunt.422219/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BITCH SURE

Now that the dust has settled, who was the best civ in the Renaissance scenario?

>burns a an undefended town down and gets routed by an army 1/1000th her size
>better add her into the game to represent female rulers :^)

Now that the dust has settled, would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

hey, she did better than most. Unless you are from England or western europe queens are generally fucking pisspoor.

>boxes in her troops with wagons so they can't run away
>everyone gets slaughtered as a result
>she still manages to run away anyways
lmao

whats the objectively best build order? assuming a tall civ like babylon, etc.

also, at what turn do you usually build settlers, national college, etc.? I want to see how bad I suck

I can't imagine why anybody would complain about Civ V leaders anymore considering the poorly chosen dreamworks abortions that now exist in the sequel

Is Civ 5 complete still better than Civ 6 with the new expansion?

Thoughts?

Absolutely

The first one is enough to tell the list is fucking awful. You can't just use the first lady as a civ leader, she holds no actual power. The lengths these people will stretch is ridiculous

Depends, are you an unmodded BNW turd or a Vox Populi masterrace?

In VP, 99% of the time I go shrine>monument>settler, than usually shit out 4-5-6-7 settlers relatively fast depending on the space around me (I play on huge earth map with random start and random terrain features). I try to put a warrior and/or scout in there depending on what goodie huts and terrain I get.

It's not "better", it's just more complete, and has a shitton of amazing mods. Unmodded it's way worse in pretty much every aspect, just has a bit more content, and by more content I mainly mean world congress (which is once again dumb as shit and useless unless it's modded with new resolutions).

>America
>Female Leader

>Unmodded it's way worse in pretty much every aspect
yeah no civ 5 is way better than 6 with or without mods

>not scout first

>shigsdigs

I am too intimidated by the vp changes. BNW civ is more familiar to me

>whats the objectively best build order?
there isn't one, depends on your land and strategy

You're gonna have to explain.

After one or two games of VP you'll get used to the changed and will never be able to play unmodded civ5 ever again. And you'll understand why civ5 is considered the worst civ game ever made.

VP is worth it just for things like:better progression, no more tall and wide meme, no more global happiness meme, better diplomacy, better city states, better UN resolutions, better AI that can actually play the game and use the new mechanics, random events, way more flavor dialogues. The UI is scary at first but it takes minutes to understand what's going on.

>After one or two games of VP you'll get used to the changed and will never be able to play unmodded civ5 ever again
I played a few games of VP and went back to normal civ because it introduced a bunch of changes the UI wasn't suited more and didn't make the game significantly better

i play with a lot of mods, but all the changes in vp just seem overwhelming to me. I enjoy the game as it is, and only use quality of life mods. I can get events, better ai, other pantheons etc. from other mods

maybe ill try vp later

Well, I can understand that.
Tho the thing is, VP feels overwhelming because civ5 is extremely underwhelming.

EVERYONE POST THEIR MODLIST QUICK

or just suggest some mods other than vp, TTE2k, EUI, Ethnic Diversity, etc.

t. Anglo

ill start us off then I guess

This! I can't literally go back to un-VP Civ 5. So many options to play each Civ, where as in the unmodded shit, you basically play on autopilot.

He won't. Ledditors are the main fans of 5 and they hate change.

> Joan of Arc
> Hatshepsut
> Indra Gandhi
> Elanor FUCKING Roosevelt
> mfw you could chose these leaders back in in Civ 2

What 6 will never best 5 in is the relaxing comfiness
Its graphics and art style are nowhere as easy on the eyes, and Sean Bean cannot match the soothing tones of William Morgan Shepard

youtube.com/watch?v=AjdLlz2YSGQ

5 cannot be beaten for chilling out to

Dumb celt bitch

6's art is a mixed bag. The fluidity of the leaders and some of the expressions they can convey with their proportions are pretty good, and they're way more expressive in motion, unlike Civ V's leaders who have little to no motion. When the style works I like it, I'd even choose the style of the better leaders than V's.

It's the terrain that bothers me. Apart from Rainforests, woodlands look like treelines, farms rarely cover the countryside, and the fucking colors. The quaint Renaissance palette of V looks so good. Then there's war and peace themes, and the ambient music is good to boot. Maybe even better than 4's selection of ambient music.

I like 6's mechanics, and I'd argue with its own BNW it'll beat V mechanically, but fuck me it seems like they want you to hate the game. Awful looking units, with no portraits, terrible terrain, lame ambient music, and combat looks lamer than V. I hate that people settle to complain about female leaders or Dreamworks faces when the core of the game, that is staring at the terrain and units, is where the game is the ugliest.

I was thinking more of its art style in the iconography and interface
Very warm and contemporary designs

That's rough.

am i the only one that likes to play with all the days of sadat mods installed so it's a muslim shitfest, with USA, UK, USSR, and israel

3-4 cities tradition start rush great library turtle all game to a science victory

And some people thought this was ok, acceptable and how a civ game should be. A few weeks ago someone told me having 7 cities was "just too much".

How do you make Boudicca say the whole "great leader please have my babies" thing? Just be very good friends with her?

She might be one of the sexiest video game women in any game I've played ans I have no idea why. I fucking love Byzantine so much

Delete this.

Definitely, still agree. I know a lot of it was trraced and sometimes outright stolen, but god it gave some more personality instead of the bad render of 6.

thinking of starting 5 again. what are the "must have" mods?

pls I've tried searching with no luck. if anyone has Empress Theodora R34 please help me out. In return I offer this shitty greentext about CoD 4 (still vidya related)

> have a string of good, but boring Civ VI games
> decide to crank up the difficulty a little
> Gitarja
> start pretty good, grab a few wonders
> game decided to plop Qin a dozen tiles away from me
> he shits himself and enters a dark age while my civilization prospers
> gets pissed at me and declares war
> he sends two or three units to attack my city at a time
> my archer garrison is roided out as such
> he doesn't want peace though
> within twenty turns or so he throws a swordsman unit at me
> it levels my city in two turns?
> Majapahit is captured
> within another ten turns he has a horde of knights and guns
> make peace and declare a reconquest war later on
> send a massive army of spears, warriors, archers, horses
> all of them get mowed down by knights, who can attack and heal on the same turn without explanation
What the fuck is wrong with the devs? Why do AIs get such huge boosts on meager difficulty settings? Why is the power gap between units so damn large?

>trraced and sometimes outright stolen,

Examples?

forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-v-stock-image-scavenger-hunt.422219/

Here. A lot of the older ones are dead links.Shame cause it was pretty fascinating.

>Why is the power gap between units so damn large?
Because science. What happened when Europe went to colonize the world?

vox populi, you only need this one, the rest is bonus.

Literally started a new game 30mn ago as France on a large earth map with true start location.

What difficulty do you play at? I play on prince or king, after that AI gets OP bonuses, but OP bonuses have been in civ for as long as civ existed.

Also, the AI is no longer as brain damaged as it was, the AI can actually take cities and win games. As for the powergap between units, it makes sense. Just like you as soon as he upgrades his walls, catapults become useless and you need trebuchets.

>always want to play for a culture victory or some shit
>after a few turns I switch to max science and war and start wiping people out
why does this shit always happen

I like ethnic diversity, so you can tell at a glance which units are which. I also posted a modlist of things I use earlier, though they cant all be used together. Id actually recommend playing civ v w/o vox for a bit just so you can appreciate the changes they made more. Also vox for a newbie is harder to get into as a newbie

thanks. and yeah I've already played it vanilla before.

>Global happiness.

No, thanks.

Army sizes were greatly exaggerated but yes, her one claim to fame is leading an army against a much smaller Roman one and losing.

I proffered it over amenities
>Why is this city flipping between happy and unhappy every turn?

Jadwiga is cute!

Not Just losing. It was a slaughterhouse

Those fucking hips.
Now post Gorgo and Mommytarja.

And to think there are underage memelords who convinced themselves civ6 is SJW.

Science is the most useful and easiest

no man, I dont go for a science victory
I just focus on it to get the better guns faster

I've also had that happen once but I don't recall how it happenend. I think it's when you have pretty empire and army and go invading other civs but not the Irish. And I think the Irish have to be close to your own empire so they're pretty scared of you.

hehe [/spoiler