Shin Megami Tensei

Is Demifiend the strongest SMT character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rG2ikOeXkyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No but he gets the best waifu

Indisputable tier list here

>doomguy that high
>nanashi's friends on there
Good list otherwise.

ye

Where's Bunny Blanco and Shaggy Jack?

mem aleph can stand against YHVH and doomguy beat mem aleph

*is the best waifu

Moonguy is definitely that high if you've played DSJ

>3 months until SJ:R comes out
WHAT THE FUCK ATLUS IT'S A FUCKING REMAKE

Blame the Germs and the baguettes, they need their translation, too

>everyone on Sup Forums hates 4/4A and sucks nocturnes cock daily
>i actually prefer 4 to nocturne, which i consider on equal footing with 4A
BORN DIFFERENT

Everyone loves 4A's gameplay, but its story is goddamn awful. 4 has mediocre gameplay and story, so no one gives a shit about it for anything but the music

Why couldn't Stephen stop them?

Stephen was just fucking with them

Aleph is the Lord of the Dance, everyone else was just overkill.

This list is dumb as fuck

yeah but the music is some of the best ever period
youtube.com/watch?v=rG2ikOeXkyU
Also smtivs gameplay is definitely better or at least more satisfying than nocturnes

But IV:A's combat makes IV's redundant. The same can't be said for Nocturne.

Can he the out dance the king of bel?

Nanashi becomes retardedly strong in the true ending of SMTIVA

At least we can agree that Demifiend is cooler than Bad-samurai-hair Flynn and Nanashi the Tranny.

>Doomguy AKA just a guy with guns in SSS tier
>Lucifer's bitch above Lucifer himself

thats true. But i played them in order so I kinda judged them just based on the immediate predecessor(s).
I liked all of the games alot, each one had something that was indisputably better than the others
>nocturne: story
>SJ: art style/tone
>iv: music
>ivA: combat
Although my favorite part of 4A might have been those random pins that came with it

>true ending
>implying Atlus will let YHVH be some twink for his next appearance

He defeat the final boss with the help of Flynn and the others though.

That would be Nanashi

yes but hes also far less cool than SJ protag

Lucifer's small time now thanks to IV and IV:A

That's because IV and IV:A are garbage lore-wise, and would be better off as spinoffs instead of mainline entries.

just a guy with a gun solo'd the demiurge

shameless bump

>page 2
>bumping

Doomguy got the most done relative to his actual power level.
HUMAN PRIDE WORLDWIDE

Flynn is literally Nanashi's mindslaved bitch at that point and Nanashi just got finished fucking Satan up a minute before the fight. This thing that "he had help so he's not really strong" makes no sense

That's why he's so cool. He's not a messiah or half-demon or the reincarnation of Adam or some other manner of chosen one. Just a guy in a suit who has masterful control over the demons he encounters and recruits.

Where would Hacker rank?

Literally different universes and the game directly addresses that they're different universes you fags

Nocturne was able to handle different universes/reincarnation/Amala Networks without being retarded, so IV and IV:A have no excuse.

YHVH encompasses the entire multiverse according to Nocturne

>SMT II's best tracks are spread between the SNES and PS1 version

Same. What rubs me the wrong way about Nocturne is how the game tries to force you into doing TDE and insults you for picking any other route, despite the fact that TDE is edgy and retarded. Each route also affects nothing outside of the Tower of Kagutsuchi.

IV is better solely because it actually looks at the pros and cons of Law and Chaos, and actually fleshes out both sides throughly.

Not anymore, in the remake doom guy literally becomes doom guy and becomes the immortal protector of humanity.
Flynn is now the true normalfag of the franchise.

>Lucifer's weak now because in a different universe he's weaker
Wow makes perfect sense

except chaos is retarded in IV and law is even more retarded by killing you off in addition to being a bad idea

Wat? And here i'm thinking to start SMT II. So which version is less shit?

>play through DDS1 (my first SMT) with my gf
>love it
>make my way through DDS2
>total fucking chore, dumb as hell and a total waste of DDS1's story and characters
>we both decide to just not play the final dungeon then groaned as we watched the boss and final cutscenes online
Tadashi Satomi is a garbage writer and I haven't been let down by a game like that in a long while.

seraph and fighting brahman was kino, shut up

fighting the archangels at the end was the best part of persona 5.

i know it's not smt proper but dang i really liked those fights, they were really gar and good. felt really SMT.

To be fair, he did that at the very end, after he wrecked most of the Schwarzwald

then it ruined it by making yaldabaoth just a literally who collective consciousness shitter instead of the actual demiurge

Yeah i didn't really like yaldabaoth or his weird status effects that did nothing

DDS has a good main crew but god awful settings and gameplay, mainline is much better all around

The scale was too small for him to be the actual demiurge

Yaldabaoth is the same thing as the Demiurge. All demons and personas are a manifestation of humanity's consciousness and perception. It's sort of a central theme of the entire series dude

That's pretty much every persona final boss.

YHVH's the creator of humans but draws his power from their belief, the Demiurge is an aspect of YHVH gone rogue. Yaldabaoth was just a manifestation of Tokyo's desire for order

>bought apocalypse for these
>dropped them and a car ran them over

Where is Joker Blanco?

>not Junpei Rose

Chaos in IV:
>Demons are stronger than humans. Therefore, humans must become subservient to them.

Chaos (TDE) in Nocturne:
>DUDE! Ya know what would be the best way to free humanity from YHVH? By killing billions of humans! XD

Law in IV:
>Humans cannot survive without God. Therefore, they must be protected by him and denied freedom.

Law (Reasons) in Nocturne:
>Let's maintain the cycle of life and death, and create one of three possible civilisations. Let's also ensure that the player is locked out of 50% of the game's content by doing this and have the game call the player a coward for not wanting to commit human genocide.

I fail to see your point.

what version of smt 1 did you play?

The Demiurge is an aspect of YHVH according to some games in the series. Just like Lucifer is an aspect of Satan in some games where he's not in others. And just like we often have demons who are really the same demon but perceived slightly differently like Queen Mab vs Titania. You're making the mistake of applying one universe's logic to another's in a series where we know for a fact there are different universes with very different rules, even as far as some universes where YHVH ostensibly doesn't exist and other beings are the big rulers

>kino
>"God" hates humans being violent
>Go all the way to the sun only for it to say "You must fight me" because it's SMT and you have to kill God
>Schrodinger gives you a pat on the back and Fred fucks like six women and they all give birth to reincarnated asuras who are STILL wearing Junkyard outfits???
Final bullets that killed it.

The Junkyard is pretty great desu. I've played some of SMTIV now and the world isn't captivating at all.

Different Lucifer, you dingus. It was actually just a fragment of Satan, hence it being a bitch.

Also, even with his transformation from Doomguy to Moonguy, does Marine have any feats to place him and Aleph that high?

Wasn't the world already completely destroyed in nocturne? There wouldn't be any humans alive to kill. Also Yosuga is closer to chaos, and the TDE was added in after the game was released, so the others aren't losing content, tde just has more, smt iv handles that worse since you lose more by not going neutral and that wasn't from a re-release, I fail to see your point.

Aleph is too high. He only beat a lower-level YHVH, not the 9th dimensional one in Apocalypse.

Canopus is 5th dimensional so he should be in tier just under YHVH

This tier list is all kinds of fucked up

Better tier list here.
I feel like Doomguy should be moved up a bit due to DSJ.

Aleph canonically outdanced demon Michael Jackson, so probably.

>What rubs me the wrong way about Nocturne is how the game tries to force you into doing TDE and insults you for picking any other route, despite the fact that TDE is edgy and retarded.

The Good Neutral ending is good too.

shiet

Does Joker go at the bottom?

Lucifer is implied to be the other multiverse Lucifers though when you defeat him in Apocalypse, since he says that he has been defeated yet again and that his squidward form was not enough this time

>Akihiko Ultra Instinct

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

mem aleph is stated to have given YHVH a really tough fight at the beginning of the universe so she's probably on the level of at least demon YHVH

Yeah, I'd say Joker and Nanashi go in the bottom two tiers.

>Raidou and Serph on the same level.

That just doesn't feel right.

It was probably a single YHVH head like with SMT2 Aleph. The one in Apocalypse is massively above everyone else in the series besides the obvious ones like Stephen and the Axiom

YHVH's above the amala network according to Lucifer and Apocalypse also confirms the multiverse ruled by YHVH (maybe the amala network, maybe not) through Stephen and the logs, even in the universes where YHVH apparently doesn't exist, it's just implied that he doesn't give a fuck about them like when you fight Satan in DDS2 and Schrodinger says that he served a different God than Brahman

I actually like that quote from him a lot but it's obviously up to interpretation what it means. It could mean he's had different incarnations within SMT4's verse (which is a concept the SMT4 artbook touches on a little bit). Or he could be aware of the multiverse without being the exact same being across them. Either way, him saying his Squidward form sucks doesn't say anything about his Nocturne form or anything else

>Serph needing a hug
>when he becomes one with Sera and basically gets a soul hug 24/7

This doesn't make sense though, in SMT IVA he's a fragment of Satan whereas in 2 they exist independently.

Joker is an unhinged vigilante who sees the world as corrupt and see's absolutely nothing wrong with brainwashing people. He needs a hug so put him in the recommended tier

He's a fragment of Satan in the same way that Odin is a fragment of Dagda.

he's a fragment of the ultimate Satan in charge of the multiverse's YHVH, the Satan we saw in 2 was a servant of a single YHVH head like said. Also implied with the metatron hordes

Where in the name of God are pulling that from?

Demiqua is the strongest bottom bitch in SMT

Because Axiom.

Nanashi actually went through a lot of horrible shit, but at least he can get a good ending.

It'd be a different story if Pascal-tan stayed dead after she got vored.

I don't understand the gap between Door-kun and Door-chan. The audio dramas show she's empty underneath the smile.

Stop being silly. There isn't "Satan" and then "Mega Galaxy Satan". The Satan in 4A is just a Satan.

>It'd be a different story if Pascal-tan stayed dead after she got vored.
Should've happened

Is the crossover DLC canon? If so, all the SMT protags exist in a unified multiverse according to Stephen and the YHVH you take out in SMTIV:A is an amalgamation of all the different universes's YHVHs seeing as the Axiom takes you there to fuck his shit up

>nocturne
>story
nocturne literally had no story whatsoever except for lore dump by lucifer

It's more correct to say that you play Nocturne for the atmosphere, not the story

Like someone else said, that could be interpreted as all of the YHVHs from each timeline in 4verse.

Satan and the Archangels are obviously from SMT2. The Archangels dialogue directly reference that. DDS also directly tells that it's possible for data to move across universes (Schrodinger comes to DDS and together with Seraph they travel to others afterwards). Demi-Fiend's data appearing in DDS1 is also an example (aside from being fanservice)

It's up in the air why or how data slips into the DDS universe but the amala cylinders all over Brahman's body are a good hint. In any case, Brahman is clearly the one who controls the data and humanity in the DDS verse, not YHVH or anyone else

>nocturne literally had no story
Typical brainlet that needs to be fed, what next, bloodborne has no story too?