ITT: Play a game for many years. Discover something about it you never knew before

ITT: Play a game for many years. Discover something about it you never knew before.

>What game
>What did you disccover

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dlHmNaB1iMw
youtu.be/PnRm-w4fikA
youtube.com/watch?v=agR5aaQL2PY
youtube.com/watch?v=ScQnreGjJ9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>MGS3
>Didn't know you could immediately CQC throw people for the instant knockout

>TF2
>If you are playing as spy, pressing "b" (by default) will switch to your last used disguise. Pressing it again will pull out the corresponding weapon for your disguise (I.e. if you are disguised as a Medic and you are holding a knife and press "b", your medic disguise will pull out its melee)

It was still a long time ago when I was a kid, but I remembering finding new bits here and there in Cosmic Osmo years after I got it.
I still boot it up every now and then and see if I can find anything I missed, for all I know there could be an entire screen I never found

>GTAIV on 360
>Hold LB (I think) and press a D-pad button to quick-select a weapon without having to scroll through them one at a time

there's such a thing as "double secret/tinted rocks" in Isaac that take 2 bombs to blow up

learned that at about 800 hours in. still never seen one or blown one up on purpose.

>Dragons Dogma
>discover periapts stacking is limited to 4
>all that gold wasted taking 200 periapts at once

Also, you can hold the hand brake and press left and right to spin your car in midair instead of rolling it. This also works in V, but I'm not sure about the earlier games.

Deus Ex, Hong Kong market. A piece of wall is an unmarked secret compartment containing a ladder that lets you climb to the stall roofs.

I knew about tinted rocks, but in never realised they all have a little x on them. I'm only about 300 hours in, so I guess I'm only marginally less retarded then you.

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Sup Forums reference lol

The skull gibs flying straight at your face in Half-Life
youtube.com/watch?v=dlHmNaB1iMw

no user, there are SUPER tinted rocks that are even more hidden than regular tinted rocks. I knew about regular tinted rocks from day 1

bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Obstacles#Super_Special_Rocks

>only 300 hours

I got that like 5 runs in.

>only in AB+
>only after a 5 win streak, chosing a different char every time

Eh....

Spyro 2 has a minimap.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Used a red pepper and fainted in the following turn and when I revived it still had the red pepper weight effect indefinetly but I don't think the damage buff was kept or maybe it was the other way around, idk it's been awhile but it was very cool to find that glitch

Wait whut?

I played cs go years before i noticed above your mini map is the call out name for your positon

You can rotate the camera with L2 in Yakuza 1 during battle

>ff7
it sucks

>What game
dota 2
>What did you disccover
That is shit

>Resident Evil 2
>Gun shop guy has an extra bit of dialog if you talk to him before he gets killed

The warp whistles in SMB3.

>New Vegas
>never really explored the interior McCarran cause it didn't seem very fleshed out
>several playthroughs later discover pic related

>MMX1
>i found that i can use Kuwanger's weapon to grab shit, even fucking Etanks and Hearts

i was grabbing the Heart in Kuwanger's stage by jumping up to it from the wall, which is apparently like a 2 frame trick that is hard or whatever.

well, that TF2 thing is a fucking waste

if i fucking saw anyone at base with their fucking melee out who ISNT fucking scout or spy, your a fucking spy.

I didn't know this until now.

>Sonic 2
In oil ocean you can hold to the right on certain lifts that are supposed to send you to the cannons and dodge the cannon, when you land you have super speed for the rest of the level.

>Total War series
>didn't know you could hold space to see where your units are all going
so much time wasted trying to line them up by eye like a retard

Go into options and there's an option to turn on a map.

In VtMB if you throw the severed head from the crime scene Downtown through a basketball hoop in the area then a crowd cheers.

FFVIII
If you enter the bar when the robot is chasing you he lose track of you and you wont trigger the beach cutscene.

>you can run in skyrim
Took me about 100 hours, i still feel retarded

You better be fucking with me.
Seriously, user.

I learned of the handbrake throttle bug in GTA V and now it's way more fun to drive a Futo

There's probably several giant rings that I've never seen in sonic 3&k, I know there's one in flying battery I've found that I could never find again.

>hitman: Blood money
>you can shoot the bottom out of the hottub at the christmas party, killing everyone inside of it.

I always just chucked an explosive into it.

>play MGR
>beat the game
>realized on my second playthrough that I could do the zandatsu to recover health
>I literally beat the game without using this technique

>Mario Kart Dubble Dash
Every track is connected to one another. You just have to look.
youtu.be/PnRm-w4fikA

beat plants vs. zombies without ever knowing what happened when you died. Got curious and let myself lose (which takes real effort), and found out the guy yelling in the credits song is actually what happens in the game when you lose. Not sure how anyone was supposed to know however, that game was brain-dead easy.

You can reach the area where the score, time and other information was displayed.

How do they die?

Did you guys know that when you jump onto Yoshi's back in SMW, the music changes and adds a drum beat?

they fall hundreds off feet onto ice cold rocks

you can push some spikes

You can change to other guns too genius.

>Skyrim
>fucking everything

RE Outbreak.
Hidden dialogue exposing major plot points, hidden camera angles, hidden gameplay mechanics.
Game is a gem.

This was the only decent way to kill the guy stealthily because the other way took fucking forever

stealthily, sure, but you killed all the other people in the tub, right?

And the body gets found, but luckily everyone returns to the party pretty much as if nothing happened.

>PS2 Shinobi
>second boss Has a neon sign behind him that says skill up in his intro cutscene.
>when you fight him the "S," and the "P" go out and it says "Kill U."
thought it was cute

>San Andreas
>turning on sirens in an emergency vehicle will make other drivers pull off the road where possible
I haven't actually played San Andreas in a really long time so this might've just been obvious to everyone else.

>Crash 2
>You can quit by pressing start then select
I mean, that was in 1, but you're never given a clue you can do it in 2 (and I assume 3 as well)
speaking of 3
>you unlock the Spyro demo in the main menu by inputting the Konami code of all things

turned it on by accident as a kid and had no idea what it was.

There is always sign around a border.

You might be retarded.

I find that one is easy to miss since police and other gangs' vehicles don't give a fuck about it

>CK2
>you can easily check how much a kingdom can levy by looking at the kings info
I use to just guess and test my luck. It is kind of sad how easy the game can become if you don't roleplay or limit yourself.

What is this bug?

I legitimately didn't know about the shinespark easter egg in Fusion until at least five years later.

Who the fuck didn't knew that?

This was years ago, but in Doom picking up the berserk pack grants you 10x punching strength and it actually lasts the entire map, rather than only when the screen is tinted red. Many new players and those that haven't played in years tend to think that the multiplied punching strength only lasts as long as the red screen tint is active, but you can spend an hour on a map and still punch things into piles of gore long after that tint has gone away.

I don't get it.

In Ocarina of Time, the music in Kakariko Village changes when you become an adult:
youtube.com/watch?v=agR5aaQL2PY
youtube.com/watch?v=ScQnreGjJ9s

You can get gold crown on KH2 at level 1 no stats boost.

UGH time to reinstall

Took me about ten playthroughs to notice

It's an unlock. Have you 100% the game?

They brought that back for Sonic Mania

Started playing this game recently.
I just had a vassal of mine inherit all of fucking Holland somehow and go independent completely out of nowhere.
It feels like I'm always just a year or two from being blindsided by shit, but I can't ever notice it ahead of time.

You can access the equip menu within the store menu in Chrono Trigger. Nigger just keep moving your cursor down.

Damn that sucks. I started playing last week and I saw it within an hour of playing. It does make it easy, but there's still always the chance they'll call someone else into the war with them.

I remember in BOTW link has an animation for when he's crouching in front of the dog. I think the dog sneezes on him or something and he flinches in disgust. Also, if you're ducking while opening a chest he'll punch it.

Car collecting garage in GTA 3. I had no idea that this is a thing after years of playing

If you get a gold bee in Link to the Past, you can sell it to the bottle salesman

Yep. Only one with a map, for some reason.

what

>Haven't played wind waker on ages
>Just discovered you could kill the 2nd boss with forest water

I mean, that was only discovered like a year or two ago.

You can revisit castles in Super Mario World

>deku nuts make the poes in the Forest Temple reappear

>playing Overwatch
>realize I could be playing something fun instead.

>Fallout New Vegas
>the nightkins tumbleweed ranch
>the nightkin in stealth who kills brahmin near Novac
>the entirety of The Thorn
>most of the quests in North Vegas
>unique lead pipe weapon and the Vegas sewer system
>the whole Randal Clark storyline in Honest Hearts
>Vault 19 and its related quests

Oh I've got a bunch because I'm a huge fucking retard.

>played resident evil 4 and 5
>coop with buddy on re5
>he showed me how to melee combo enemies (shoot leg > suplex, shoot head > spin kick)
>had no idea until this game

>alan wake
>just aiming with the camera has passive light damage

Small ones
>never used the codec in metal gear games
>never used a transform attack in bloodborne (r1-l1)
>never used bandages in stalker
>never "spotted" in battlefield except with tracers
>never used weak or medium shoryukens, only heavy, same for fireballs and tatsus
>never threw things forward in crash team racing

I deserve to be alone

>Team Fortress 2 on 360
>Found out that 2fort actually lets you peek underneath the right side of the Blu battlements so you can see if anyone's coming

>diablo 2
>walking gives you maximum block chance

???
wut?

what is this referring to?

of course it does...........
didn't you realize this?

and, ill say this too, i played this on fucking release in 1998 when i was fucking 13.

>Jedi Academy
>you can ride the AT-ST in the saber-less level

well, it makes sense
when the effect is over, why stick with the fist?
i mean, who is going to ACTUALLY try to see if it works beyond possibly hitting one extra guy by accident and thinking you just got lucky?

>played ocarina of time at least 50 times
>never knew you can hover boots over the first sand in haunted wasteland
>never knew you can backflip up the stairs in dodongos cavern

The hidden bonfire in Sen's Fortress.

wha?
explain?

i mean, what hidden mechanics? i played the SHIT out of that online back in the day.